Curly Triumph!

Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Registered Users Posts: 61
I was so excited when the other day my dad (yes my father, a man!) told me how beautiful my hair looked. Now i dont know about you guys but it takes ALOT for my dad to notice my hair. Then i started to tell him about my hair routine and all. then he said he would be really happy if i stopped straightening it for a year or so because it looked beautiful curly. :cheers:
now that made my day...my father noticed my hair. any of youguys hav curly triumph moments??
Hair Type: 3c/4a
Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
Proud to be a curly gurl!
:toothy8:

Comments

• curlygirl1995curlygirl1995 Registered Users Posts: 48
    Ahh! Congrats! My dad HATES my hair. Hates. I'm happy for you! He WANTS me to straighten mine and pull it back in a ponytail because "it's too wild".

event.png
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Registered Users Posts: 144
    awwww!! Thats so great your dad noticed your hair! My dad notices my hair to and like you it means a lot to me when he compliments me so WOO HOO!!!! haha :D
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • sweet-valentinesweet-valentine Registered Users Posts: 64
    aww:sad2: this made my day...... so happy for you....:blob:
    hairpics

High Porosity.

Conditioners: Suave (Assort.), breck, VO5,

Leave-in: Garnier Fructis) lustrasilk auessie moist KCKT, RosemarySage Tea spritz.

Stylers: L.A. Looks Sport Gel,L.A. Wet Looks Gel, Flaxseed honey gel.

DT: Lustrasilk ON DRY HAIR OR DAMP.
    Extras: Coconut oil, olive oil,Honey.molassed citrus acid.
  • sevendaiissevendaiis Registered Users Posts: 54
    Awesome! My dad's hair is similar to mine (he used have long hair, and my mum claims it looked like mine..) so he can't complain about it being 'wild'. Although one time I was talking about my hair being wavy, when he was all "Your hair is curly" Although its probably a reasonable mistake if you don't spend yonks on here all the time!

Recently someone told me that I had nice hair, even though my hair was up in a pony tail and the my fringe was straightened. Another girl was all "I like it curly" I was very touched! :pl:

:bunny:
    2c-3a :clown:
    Last straighten: 27th Febuary 2010
    Curly Since: 18th March 2010 (second time around)
    Trying CG (properly) soon. Last year's attempt failed, provoking straightening.
    I love Ballet! <3
    :blob:
  • thickcurlygurlythickcurlygurly Registered Users Posts: 230
    Thats really cool, i don't expect compliments from my dad he's like totally oblivious, my sister, my mom, and I moved a piano big piano, and he didn't even notice. He walked right past it. Typical guy for ya, anyways..... I'm really happy for you thats a great curly triumph moment.

:occasion9: celebrate!! :occasion7: and to keep this thread running everyone should post their "curly triumph" moments threads aren't reserved for problems and questions.
    conditioner: GVP conditioning balm
    leave in co: GVP conditioning balm

And my hair hates avg :happy3:

Yes I consider myself obsessed with my hair. :happy7:
  • CandycaneCandycane Registered Users Posts: 291
    Anytime someone makes a comment about my hair my brother will always compliment my hair. :) now if i can get the other three to do the same...
  • JessinessJessiness Registered Users Posts: 64
    One day when I wore my hair curly (and I had been thinking it was frizzy and poofy and gross all day) and this guy was complimenting my friend's hair (she straightens it but says it's as curly as mine.. :\). He told her she had beautiful hair then he turned to me and he said that I did too. And he thought my hair color was fake because it was so 'pretty'. His mom is a hairstylist so he notices hair more, I guess, but still! It made my day. :toothy4:
    2C/3A, fine, normal-high porosity, medium texture

Low Poo
    - Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural Daily Shampoo
    Co-Wash- Suave Naturals Coconut (sometimes used as a leave-in)
    Condish- LVPNG
    Leave-ins- KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, Garnier Sleek & Shine
    Gels- Aldi Shique Gel, LA Looks Sport,
    Enhancer- KCCC

• Irish_carrottopIrish_carrottop Registered Users Posts: 214
    Oh my gosh this thread is so happy! I love it! Good for you guys! My curly hair triumph is that I went to a camp and all the counslers and campers knew me by my hair:laughing6: Thats sorta lame but still its cool!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file