Curly Triumph!

Sweetestk13Sweetestk13 Posts: 61Registered Users
I was so excited when the other day my dad (yes my father, a man!) told me how beautiful my hair looked. Now i dont know about you guys but it takes ALOT for my dad to notice my hair. Then i started to tell him about my hair routine and all. then he said he would be really happy if i stopped straightening it for a year or so because it looked beautiful curly. :cheers:
now that made my day...my father noticed my hair. any of youguys hav curly triumph moments??
Hair Type: 3c/4a
Fave Products: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Jane Carter Soulution: Nourish and Shine, Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade, Jane Carter Solution: Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner
Hair Now: Damaged chin length 3c/4a
Short Term Hair Goal: Shoulder Length 3c/4a tresses
Trying: That CG method everyone is raving about!
Proud to be a curly gurl!
:toothy8:

Comments

• curlygirl1995curlygirl1995 Posts: 48Registered Users
    Ahh! Congrats! My dad HATES my hair. Hates. I'm happy for you! He WANTS me to straighten mine and pull it back in a ponytail because "it's too wild".
  • dont worry be curly!dont worry be curly! Posts: 144Registered Users
    awwww!! Thats so great your dad noticed your hair! My dad notices my hair to and like you it means a lot to me when he compliments me so WOO HOO!!!! haha :D
    ~~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr.Seuss

~~Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.--Dr.Seuss:color:

We are all fools, whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance! :)
  • sweet-valentinesweet-valentine Posts: 64Registered Users
    aww:sad2: this made my day...... so happy for you....:blob:
    hairpics

High Porosity.

Conditioners: Suave (Assort.), breck, VO5,

Leave-in: Garnier Fructis) lustrasilk auessie moist KCKT, RosemarySage Tea spritz.

Stylers: L.A. Looks Sport Gel,L.A. Wet Looks Gel, Flaxseed honey gel.

DT: Lustrasilk ON DRY HAIR OR DAMP.
    Extras: Coconut oil, olive oil,Honey.molassed citrus acid.
  • sevendaiissevendaiis Posts: 54Registered Users
    Awesome! My dad's hair is similar to mine (he used have long hair, and my mum claims it looked like mine..) so he can't complain about it being 'wild'. Although one time I was talking about my hair being wavy, when he was all "Your hair is curly" Although its probably a reasonable mistake if you don't spend yonks on here all the time!

Recently someone told me that I had nice hair, even though my hair was up in a pony tail and the my fringe was straightened. Another girl was all "I like it curly" I was very touched! :pl:

:bunny:
    2c-3a :clown:
    Last straighten: 27th Febuary 2010
    Curly Since: 18th March 2010 (second time around)
    Trying CG (properly) soon. Last year's attempt failed, provoking straightening.
    I love Ballet! <3
    :blob:
  • thickcurlygurlythickcurlygurly Posts: 230Registered Users
    Thats really cool, i don't expect compliments from my dad he's like totally oblivious, my sister, my mom, and I moved a piano big piano, and he didn't even notice. He walked right past it. Typical guy for ya, anyways..... I'm really happy for you thats a great curly triumph moment.

:occasion9: celebrate!! :occasion7: and to keep this thread running everyone should post their "curly triumph" moments threads aren't reserved for problems and questions.
    conditioner: GVP conditioning balm
    leave in co: GVP conditioning balm

And my hair hates avg :happy3:

Yes I consider myself obsessed with my hair. :happy7:
  • CandycaneCandycane Posts: 291Registered Users
    Anytime someone makes a comment about my hair my brother will always compliment my hair. :) now if i can get the other three to do the same...
  • JessinessJessiness Posts: 64Registered Users
    One day when I wore my hair curly (and I had been thinking it was frizzy and poofy and gross all day) and this guy was complimenting my friend's hair (she straightens it but says it's as curly as mine.. :\). He told her she had beautiful hair then he turned to me and he said that I did too. And he thought my hair color was fake because it was so 'pretty'. His mom is a hairstylist so he notices hair more, I guess, but still! It made my day. :toothy4:
    2C/3A, fine, normal-high porosity, medium texture

Low Poo
    - Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural Daily Shampoo
    Co-Wash- Suave Naturals Coconut (sometimes used as a leave-in)
    Condish- LVPNG
    Leave-ins- KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, Garnier Sleek & Shine
    Gels- Aldi Shique Gel, LA Looks Sport,
    Enhancer- KCCC

• Irish_carrottopIrish_carrottop Posts: 214Registered Users
    Oh my gosh this thread is so happy! I love it! Good for you guys! My curly hair triumph is that I went to a camp and all the counslers and campers knew me by my hair:laughing6: Thats sorta lame but still its cool!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file