any advice-just joined site

ZilZam1914ZilZam1914 Registered Users Posts: 14
Is is possible to overcondition my hair? I just recently started the no shampoo thing, I guess it takes awile to actually get my hair feeling soft. I have 3b/c hair, and it is really thick and tightly curled. I feel like I will never find products that actually work on my hair. I just bought the cg book as well and am axiously waiting for its arrival. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I dont even know where to begin looking for products! Ahh..so frusterated! I just recently joined this website and until a few days ago, I always thought I was just stuck with my hair. At least now I feel like I have some hope. Sorry so long...just had to vent for a min!

Comments

• internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    CG was so confusing for me at first. What condish are you using? If it has any cones and you are not shampooing, that may be why you haven't seen any softness yet. I know you'll find the right products. It took me close to 2 months to find stuff that works. Be patient and ask lots of questions LOL.
  • ZilZam1914ZilZam1914 Registered Users Posts: 14
    thank you... I am learning to be patient. My condtioner is Curl Life...it is alright, I have to check the ingredients though for sure. I am noticing a little difference but I'm waiting on the book still too.
  • ZilZam1914ZilZam1914 Registered Users Posts: 14
    thank you... I am learning to be patient. My condtioner is Curl Life...it is alright, I have to check the ingredients though for sure. I am noticing a little difference but I'm waiting on the book still too.
  • liv2dance4liv2dance4 Registered Users Posts: 129
    Keep reading the boards and you will learn what is right for your hair. CG is great- I'm sort of on it sort of modified - never read the book- just learned from coming to this site over time. I love my hair more than ever in my whole life and I am very thankful that people were here to help me accomplish that.

I think 2 months is a good indicator of how long it may be before you find the "perfect routine". But be patient and enjoy trying new things. Its almost like an experiment!

Good luck!
    3a color-treated
    Ouidad- Curl Quencher Poo/Dish, CHS Curl Keeper, Innersense Sweet Spirit and QCCC, Climate Control Gel, Tress F/X, Redken Fresh Curls Spray Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file