CurlTalk

So, when will medussa have her babe & what will she have?

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedPosts: 24,963Banned Users
:clock:

Today!
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
I thought she would have by now.
She prolly feels like nevah! lol
Boy
Girl
0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Comments

• PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users
    If you had posted this thread when I was pregnant, I would have dragged my pregnant ass to Texas to yell A LOT. Didn't you get annoyed when people started asking every 5 minutes when you were going to have the baby?
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users
    I don't know when but I vote girl.

I had a dream last night that she had twins though. The hospital stole the boy one and let her keep the girl one.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I'm sure she'll have it in the next week or two. I vote girl.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    I vote for Thursday....boy. :)
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Didn't you get annoyed when people started asking every 5 minutes when you were going to have the baby?
    Oh my goodness, this is the truth.

:director::hiding::viking::salute::usa2::clock:8):toothy2::?::laughing2::salut::sign7::rambo:
    I'm not voting.

:sign6:
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I hadn't noticed her posting for the past couple days. I thought maybe she was having the baby now!
    ehLB.jpg
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    btw..this was a pole gone wrong..lol

Well, A~, thank goodness I didn't ask H~ :D
    No, tho the little one came the day before due date...
    And aren't you supposed to be coming to Tejas soon or no? :cool:

lol @ DA...that's wild!

I vote Friday & girl...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Doesn't she always wait until she's 41 weeks? I vote Saturday and girl. Good luck, Medussa! :binky:
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • MarMar Posts: 3,003Registered Users
    I'll go with Saturday too:)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Uh, soon?

A healthy human.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    This is so wrong. :lol:

I vote girl.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    Okay, I guessed Thursday....Did Medussa have her baby yesterday? LOL!!!

just couldn't help myself. :)
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,380Registered Users
    If she can hold it in until the 31st, that my DD's bday.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I had to go to the mall to pick up something this morning and people were staring at me. Two women asked when I was due, as did the cashier guy at Panera Bread. It was in that tone too--that "you must be due any second now, right?" I really am trying to see the humor in all of this, because if not, I just want to cry, like I did this morning.

I put in my 40+ weeks and I'm terrified of being induced. I'm just feeling very emotional and tearful. I understand in my head that no one stays pregnant forever but I feel like I am. Even Lilly has gotten impatient. She comes up to my belly, pulls up my shirt, and says, "abre!"

Anyway, I had a post-date sono and everything looks good. I have another appt with the midwives on Thursday, when we'll discuss induction for Friday or Saturday.

I hate to whine like this because I've had a really great pregnancy. Physically, I still feel pretty good. Everyone is waiting but no one can be more anxious to meet this baby than me. I'm just not feeling so great emotionally.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Awww hugs sweetie! I can't imagine what you're going through at all, but sending hurry up baby vibes your way!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I'm sorry you're feeling down, Medussa. It's so hard at the end with everyone asking "you haven't had that baby yet?" when you clearly haven't. :banghead:

All I did the last couple days was complain and whine, so I don't have any helpful suggestions for you. Look at the bright side though, even if you are induced on Friday or Saturday, Baby should be here by this time next week.

Good luck!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    From one long gestater (is that a word?) to another, I really feel for you. FWIW, I went into labor less than 12 hours from when I had tentatively agreed to have my water broken (midwife felt that baby was far enough down for it to probably be effective). I remember being really anxious to have Aidan, but the last couple of days before he was born after he was determined healthy and all by u/s, I decided to argue against induction (I was actually thinking of you when you decided not to be induced with Lilly) and just enjoy my last couple of days with just my older kids. Oh, and I spent a ton of time on all fours, I really think that helped move him into position and get labor started.

Good luck, it won't be a whole lot longer now.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Awwww, lady.... you'll have your precious baby soon. Hang in there!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    (((HUGS)))
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I sympathesize! I remember with Connor, it was 41+ weeks, and I went into work one day (it was a high school over the Christmas break) and my co-workers were like, "You're still pregnant?" Duh, people!

Your baby will be born very soon!
    ehLB.jpg
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    I have so been there. 42+ weeks with my last baby. One thing that really helped me was having support from my midwife to honor my body - whatever that meant to me. I hope you have non judgey mcjudgerson people in your life to support however you wish to birth.

Those last few days are the slowest. Best wishes to you and try your best to relax and be nice to your body and soul.
    hello.world.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users
    ((hugs))
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
    I'm sorry...BIG HUGS to you Medussa.
    I started losing the plug last Thursday and I've had two nights of waking up with one whopper of a contraction that I could feel in my cervix (Sunday morning and this morning). But that's it. Every morning I wake up, have a good cry and go for my walk.

I'm doing everything I can. But in the end, my best might not be good enough and that's what's getting me down.

Thanks for the support and good thoughts.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »
    I started losing the plug last Thursday and I've had two nights of waking up with one whopper of a contraction that I could feel in my cervix (Sunday morning and this morning). But that's it. Every morning I wake up, have a good cry and go for my walk.

I'm doing everything I can. But in the end, my best might not be good enough and that's what's getting me down.

Your best is good enough... your baby loves it in there so much, s/he wants to stay there!

I have a question for you, medussa, on a slightly different topic.... do you still nurse your third child or is she completely weaned? I'm curious as to what people have done in that situation as my son still nurses voraciously and we're starting to think of #2.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Amneris wrote: »
    medussa wrote: »

Your best is good enough... your baby loves it in there so much, s/he wants to stay there!

I have a question for you, medussa, on a slightly different topic.... do you still nurse your third child or is she completely weaned? I'm curious as to what people have done in that situation as my son still nurses voraciously and we're starting to think of #2.

Thanks, Amneris.

Lilly completely weaned herself about a month ago. She will sometimes, when overtired or sobbing, try to latch on, but she won't suck. She just wants to put her mouth there for a split second. It doesn't happen often, but it makes me realize how much comfort it brought her.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    ITA with Amneris, H. Your best is good enough and your body will do what it needs to when the time is right. I know it must be so hard in the meantime though.

Amneris, I'm not near the end of my pregnancy yet but Sol still nurses A LOT (more during the day now that we've nightweaned) and I intend to tandem nurse. I'm actually even hoping to nurse him during labor so the nipple stimulation can keep things moving along.

ETA: I just finished reading the book Adventures in Tandem Nursing and highly recommend it. It has lots of good info about breastfeeding during pregnancy and tandem nursing. Plus, it's not pushy nor is it intended to make people feel bad if they decide to wean during pregnancy or after the birth of their newborn.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5: