CurlTalk

Perm over relaxed hair?

Wicked*RosyWicked*Rosy Posts: 138Registered Users
I relaxed my hair for the 1st time in 10 years. I wanted looser, more manageable curls. What I got instead was six inches cut off my hair, it looked so horrible. So now I have chin-length, wavy/curly/frizzy hair. It looks soooo messy.

So the relaxer was 6 weeks ago. I'm going to talk to my stylist, but has anyone here put a perm over their relaxed hair to make it curly/defined again? I just really hate my hair right now.
Rosy :compress:

3A/High Porosity/Medium Density

event.png

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    the perm will make it worse of course
    3b-3c CG
  • Wicked*RosyWicked*Rosy Posts: 138Registered Users
    I figured. I'm just going to have to suck it up. Thank God my hair grows quickly. I guess the next question is what are good products to help with curl definition? I'm currently using Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt gel, which is medium hold. Maybe something with a stronger hold?

event.png
  • curlee4lifecurlee4life Posts: 219Registered Users
    It could also cause hair loss - I would recommend deep conditioning and allow it to grow out, trimming the damaged hair until it is completely gone...

event.png

Germany Curly

Last Relaxer(Texturizer): Aug. 2005
    BC: May 2006

I just bought the Ouidad deep treatment. I read good things about it. Hopefully that will help... and I definitely don't want to lose any hair!

event.png
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    ouidad deep treatment is amazing

good luck with the transition =)
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut 4.27.06@ devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
    Thanks. :)

My stylist said we'd cut off enough hair that it should be ok to perm, but I'm not doing it. With the DT I already did, my hair is looking shiner and curlier. I am one happy chickie.

event.png