How do you clean your scalp without shampoo?

???
I like work. It fascinates me. I sit and look at it for hours.

Comments

• miaDUMINACANmiaDUMINACAN Registered Users Posts: 16
    Alot of people use conditioner mixed w/ brown sugar, salt, epson salt, sea salt.

You might want to do a seach with this. Hope that helps!
    3a/b

No poo, Deva brown, One C, Deva Leav in, BioSilk Rock Hard Gel and Diffuse!!!

I am loving honey w/ ginsing miracle 8 as my treatment.
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    Scrub firmly and for several minutes.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I use a cheap conditioner (Suave or VO5), apply enough to make the hair near my scalp slippery, and massage the scalp.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • kimmyckimmyc Registered Users Posts: 551
    Scrub firmly and for several minutes.

Ditto this. I scrub for several minutes, then let it sit there for a minute, then scrub a little bit more before rinsing. I do this with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]Deva No Poo[/buylink] or with conditioner.
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.
  • lynnc72lynnc72 Registered Users Posts: 13
    Conditioner will "clean" better when left on for over 10 minutes, covered with a shower cap. Then splash on some water in the shower and lather up by massaging scalp gently. Rinse very, very well.

This method will even remove heavy oiling with coconut oil. I've been CO for 2 months now and don't feel a need to use poo. My hair has never looked better.
    Lynn
  • cianiciani Registered Users Posts: 4
    I scrub my scalp every day in the shower. Once or twice a week I use no poo when I am scrubbing. I scrub it in, let it sit while I do other stuff, scrub again and rake it through, rinse it out, condition with one c. The scrubbing feels really good to me. It stimulates my scalp and loosens all the dirt and oils. The no poo or one c seems to also bond with the oils and dirt so that they wash away when I rinse.
    Above the shoulders layered 2b/3b(?) hair. Some days it is curly and wavy, other days it's wavy. Even if I dry it straight; it never is.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    Scrub scrub scrub scrub. I also will use some lemon juice or apple cider viniger on my scalp and hair if I need, but I think you'll find as time goes on you scalp will produce less oils and so it doesn't even get as dirty
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file