12 hours to find good product!!!

wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
I'm going to Target tomorrow, and if I don't get something then, I won't get it for a while.
Who has drugstore/supermarket type suggestions that I might find there - preferably one product (creams esp. I'd like to try, but gel suggestions are good too) that defines and de-frizzes?
I'm a...um, 3a...I think. I have a lot of it, and there's some 2 underneath that's really easy to pull out. I'm looking for a nice defrizzing curl definer and don't mind shrinkage 'cuz my hair is long - to my bustline dry & curly.
Please help!

Thanks in advance to all you nice posters! :D
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    There's been a buzz about the Dove Defining Curl Cream (I think that's the name of it) on the Product Review board.

Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream is good too, if you're modified CG. The GF leave-in conditioning creams are also good.

Hope that helps some :) .
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Thanx, LavenderCurls! To Target I go... 8)
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream is good too, if you're modified CG.

I just picked up the GF Soft Curl Cream. I used it today but it didn't seem to help with frizz. How do you usually use it? On dry or damp/wet hair? I know sometimes following the directions is not the best way.

I'm also planning a trip to Target. Any other recommendations of good products to get there? Or general recommendations of frizz-busters? TIA! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    Thanks, tinicurlyd! I haven't tried it on wet hair yet, I've been busy trying out the new Herbal Essences gel (Set Me Up). So far it works well when layered with Biolage Gelee. Suave Professionals is supposed to be similar to Biolage Gelee but I think they're quite different, for one thing Suave's version has Jojoba oil instead of castor oil! Still, I like both of those gels.

I also tried the Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine leave in conditioner, but so far I'm not that thrilled with it; the scent is just too strong for me and I think it may be weighing down my fine hair. I tried it before the gels (after shampoo and conditioner), which is when it seemed weighing, and then tried it as a second-day cream to cut down on frizz, which it did seem to do. It does have dimethicone in it so you have to use a sulfate containing shampoo to remove it, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list