Palin stepping down?

Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
What's up with that? If you don't finish your term in one office, how can you run for another with an expectation of getting a subsequent office?

OTOH, there could be a serious situation that she or a family member is facing that needs her attention. Deal is, she needs to say so that the public and media won't speculate and spread rumors that will take ages to overcome.

Comments

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    Something's definitely fishy with this. If you're trying to run for president (like she states she wants to do in 2012), you don't give up your governor seat. It doesn't make sense.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    She made the statement in her speech: You'll just have to trust me.

Yeah...right. It's only a matter of time til some enterprising reporter digs out the real reason.

Winners never quit, and quitters never win.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I just watched her resignatin speech in it's entirety, and, I have to say...WTF?

Does she EVER speak in complete sentences? Does she ever make sense? Is it just me being dense, or is she illiterate?
  • munchkinmunchkin Registered Users Posts: 2,909 Curl Connoisseur
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

My husband likes her more than me, but he feels this way about her. He thinks she looks like a quitter by walking away a year early. Once you commit to something he feels you should stick to it. He has lost some faith in her because of this move.
    3b/c
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    I just saw the video and I have no idea what she was talking about. Bottom line for me is she cannot handle public office and is unreliable.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • TK*TK* Registered Users Posts: 885
    Link to the speech? Plz?
    I'm "TechKnockout" now.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    TK* wrote: »
    Link to the speech? Plz?

Written transcript.

Video
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • TK*TK* Registered Users Posts: 885
    TK* wrote: »
    Link to the speech? Plz?

Written transcript.

Video

Thankies. I watched and all I could think of was WHO wrote her speech? A 4th grader? Her sentences were so...choppy and awkward-sounding. And her cadence was weird too. "I can make change in Alaska...from the outside."

The only thing I really understood was her analogy about the basketball player. Everything else seemed disjointed and awkward.
    I'm "TechKnockout" now.
    I think that she hastily wrote it herself. No competent speech writer would write that.... I hope.

She also misquoted. I think a speech writer would have caught that and would have checked the source of the quote.

It was not MacArthur who said "We're not retreating. We're advancing in another direction." It was the more obscure (in civilian terms anyway) General Oliver Smith.

• jam6352jam6352 Registered Users Posts: 99
    There's alot of speculation that she is leaving because of some type of scandal (the obvious reason). But other political strategists and the like are saying that now she has the time to educate herself in politics, mingle with the big wig GOP party heads, and get a lot of financial backing. Another reason for the abrupt resignation is she may just want to focus on her family. Personally, I think something's up...
    Low-Poo: Hairveda's Shampoo Bar
    Co- Wash: Suave Professionals
    Rinse-out Conditioners: HE LTR , GF Triple Nutrition, Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Cholesterol
    Deep Conditioner: Lustrasilk S/M Cholesterol + honey, EVOO, coconut oil

Moisturizers:
    Hairveda's 3-n-1 Creme & Blended Beauty's Curl Styling Lotion

Saw the video...did she sound asthmatic after awhile? Just wheezing through her "speech..." lol. That was mean, sorry!
    Rinse-out Conditioners: HE LTR , GF Triple Nutrition, Lustrasilk Shea/Mango Cholesterol

Moisturizers:

• geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    In the words of General MacArthur said, “We are not retreating. We are advancing in another direction.”

Aside from the misquote, this isn't even a coherent sentence.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    gemini wrote: »
    In the words of General MacArthur said, “We are not retreating. We are advancing in another direction.”

Aside from the misquote, this isn't even a coherent sentence.

LMAO! Her speech was 18 minutes of complete and utter nonsence.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Wall Street Journal opinion piece said she has over $500,000 in legal bills from dealing with Alaska Freedom of Information Act requests dealing with ethics issues. I say where there is smoke there is fire. She just comes across as a narcissistic quitter. I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall. Or...she made a deal with someone to leave in return for silence.

WSJ Article
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • godgavemecurls82godgavemecurls82 Registered Users Posts: 158
    my only feelings about her resigning is "oh well." i understood what she said though. it would have been easier if she summed it all up in four words " i have had enough!" i think she plans on finding a new calling. probably humanitarian work, so maybe she can be at home a little more for her baby trig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godgavemecurls82godgavemecurls82 Registered Users Posts: 158
    jam6352 wrote: »
    Saw the video...did she sound asthmatic after awhile? Just wheezing through her "speech..." lol. That was mean, sorry!

she sounds like that every time she speaks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LMAO! Seriously this time she sounded like she was really trying to hurry up!

Moisturizers:

• curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    Watching this for the first time. I agree with Suburban.

That speech was...wild. I don't even understand what she was saying. It sounds like a bunch of talking points. Typical.

We dodged a bullet. This woman could have been our vice president.

I think what she means when she says this has been in the works for a while is she was planning on resigning if she became vice president...

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file