reliable 'ideal weight' calculator

curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
anyone know of any decent website that can tell me my 'ideal weight'?

am 5'4" and am currently 9st 6.5lbs. have been browsing websites and some are saying i should be around 8st 5 ish which seems reasonable but some are saying that as low as 7st 11 would be ok. surely that must be underweight?! if not... argh!
UK curly, 2C/3A
CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Comments

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    There is really no such thing as an "ideal weight" so therefore there is not such thing as an "ideal weight calculator". If you went to see a professional they may be able to give you a ballpark, but even they could be off. Weight depends on so many things, not just your height and a self-assessment of "frame size". Two women could both be 5feet 2inches tall and have a small frame, and could have the same measurements while one weighed 100 pounds and the other weighed 115. The most important variable is what percent of your body is muscle: a higher muscle percentage means you will weigh more. But how much water your body carries, and lots of minor anatomical/physiological factors also contribute.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • teela1978teela1978 Posts: 278Registered Users
    I kinda like the bmi guidelines because it gives you a healthy or normal weight range. It's not perfect but it seems to be pretty decent (unless you're a bodybuilder or really small boned).
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    thanks guys :)
    UK curly, 2C/3A
    CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file