Cocktail Recipes?

TK*TK* Registered Users Posts: 885
What are some of your favorites you can make at home?
I'm "TechKnockout" now.

Comments

• JayneeJaynee Bay Area, CARegistered Users Posts: 2,039 Curl Neophyte
    Margaritas, mojitos (my favorite in the summer), or my favorite basic cocktail is vodka and sprite or 7up with lime
  • sassysuzannesassysuzanne Registered Users Posts: 501
    A couple of weekends ago my friend and I had a blast making new drinks. I got an IPod touch for my bday and there is a drink app on it (4500 different drinks). We picked a couple and went for it. Our favorite was the Lemondrop....yum. Are you looking for recipes?
    Suzanne

3b/fine/porous/dry/still trying to figure out density...:confused:

• misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    Misspam's house cocktail is a classic extra-dry Martini. We also enjoy mojitos and mint juleps. Another simple and yummy one is a Stiletto:

Ingredients

2 oz. Bourbon
    1/2 oz. Amaretto
    1/2 oz. fresh lime juice

Fill a shaker with ice. Add Bourbon and Amaretto and lime juice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe MassachusettsRegistered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Mojitos
    Gin and tonic
    Fresh strawberry daquiris
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • TK*TK* Registered Users Posts: 885
    I'm looking for recipes to try at home. I'm immersing myself into the fabulous world of cocktails. So far I've been experimenting with just rum.

Rum+Coke+Lime
    Rum+Tea
    Rum+Orange Juice
    I'm "TechKnockout" now.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    One word...vodka...:blob4:
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    This summer I've been drinking limeade, raspberry vodka and a handful of frozen berries with some ice in the blender.....soooo good!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    jaksones wrote: »
    If you wish to keep your red wedding dress in perfect condition, the discount wedding dresses should receive attention as soon as possible, then the short wedding dress will be carefully holding, even long time, the vintage wedding dress will as new as before.
    wedding dress

Can we ban the spammer, plz?
    I'm "TechKnockout" now.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    Oh I love rum! Here is a yummy coctail recipe with rum.

Madra
    2oz rum
    4oz cranberry juice
    1 1/2 oz OJ
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• caribcurlscaribcurls Registered Users Posts: 163
    My brother and I made our own drink called the jollyrancher. It's basically watermelon flavored bacardi, cranberry juice, and lime... Tastes just like a watermelon jollyrancher, hence the name. Sooo good.:thumbup:
  • jeweldjeweld Registered Users Posts: 140
    ok I'm new and couldn't resist this thread. I'm a bartender; here are a few of my fav recipes for various spirits. I'll keep it simple, its summer and its hot, not the season to be working hard

Dark and Stormy (love this)
    in a tall/highball glass
    1oz or rum
    fill glass with ginger beer
    and squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice
    garnish with a lime if you're feeling fancy

My favorite vodkas are Stoli and Ketel One but during the summer Stoli Blueberry all the way. With it I make Blueberry cosmos, lemonade, mix it with peach rum (bacardi) and ginger ale, etc...

Even if you hate gin (which on most occasions I do) this drink is amazingly refreshing, simple and perfect for summer. Not sure if theres a name for this, I came up for it when I was working with Bombay Sapphire

4oz of Bombay Sapphire
    fresh mint leaves
    top with ginger ale
    stir with stirrer
    Thats it! no muddling (ugh mojitos, yes they're great but every bartender hates making them), just stir
    Poo: Giovanni TTT
    CoWash/Detangler: Any Suave on top of VO5, Yes to Cucumbers
    DT: Aubrey Organics White Camellia, Amla/ Coconut milk, Castor oil
    Styling Products: Yes to Cucumbers, EcoStyler, Longaid Curl Activator,
    Daily Moisture: Hibiscus tea+Aubrey Organics White Camellia Spritz, Yes to Cucumbers, Homemade Whipped Avocado+ Green Tea Creme
    Seal w/ Dabur Vatika Oil, Castor oil
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    caribcurls wrote: »
    My brother and I made our own drink called the jollyrancher. It's basically watermelon flavored bacardi, cranberry juice, and lime... Tastes just like a watermelon jollyrancher, hence the name. Sooo good.:thumbup:

I did something similar with watermelon Smirnoff and fruit punch....soooo good!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome, Jeweld! We're happy to have you.

All these cocktails sound fantastic. TGIF!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Great ideas, ladies! Today my bf got me some Grey Goose Vodka.

I tried my first screwdriver!
    2oz Vodka
    5oz Orange juice

Delish!

Keep the recipes coming! :D
    I'm "TechKnockout" now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file