CurlTalk

Carol's

followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
Hello,
Has anyone tried Carol's daughter's products?
I have been using but don't seem to work as well.
Do you combine it with anything else?
3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
hair seems to be moody.
Does not seem to like oils
Does not like protein or too much?
Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.

Comments

• OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    I've only used the hair milk, and unfortunately, it didn't work well for me. I personally prefer Karen's Body Beautiful, but that's just me. I have heard of other people who have used Carol's with good results, so perhaps they will pop in soon.
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • parislarueparislarue Posts: 235Registered Users
    Didn't like the Hair Milk. But I did like the Tui smoothie and Shampoo.
    3C .....thru......10Z
    Holy Grail Products:
    KCCC, KT

Nothing exudes confidence like a woman comfortable in her own skin.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fparislarue%2Fabout%2F" class="Popup
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    So far I've only used their Hair Butter and I loved it. The smell lingers and is a bit strong, but I love the consistency and how it smooths my edges.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• HoneysmokeHoneysmoke Posts: 60Registered Users
    I use the hair milk on my girls to smooth the frizzies. It doesn't do a thing for my hair.

I've used the hair balm -- and trying to use it up -- but I hate the way it smells. I will not repurchase. The price of the elixir turned me off, but I'm willing to sniff it next time I see it.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I tried the Hair Milk. It was too oily for my hair. Even though I barely applied any when I used it, I thought it might absorb into my hair at some point, but didn't. Tried it several times. Mine ended up on the swap board.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!