CurlTalk

Rockin body!

BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
I will post a pic later, but oh my god..I have so much body/volume today and I just had to tell you all.

Last night I went to my stylist to get a protein DT, and afterwards she lightly styled me using a method I haven't.

She carefully picked my hair out, applied a leave-in condish to my hair and just the lightest dab of conditioner (I don't know which one though), twirled some sections of hair, and let me air dry.

Then I fluffed and I have the most volume and body ever..

I would normally co-wash, comb wet, apply condish again, maybe some gel, and leave it at that. I think I will have to change my regimen and follow what my stylist did, because I love the results. :love6: :thumbright: :occasion5:
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    IMG_0033-vi.jpg

Actually I guess it feels fluffier than it looks, but I really like the results of this styling method. My hair is lighter feeling and dried faster than if I used conditioner and gel.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    OMG!!! Your hair looks Awesome!! The curls look so defined and yet touchable. Unfortunately at the length I'm at I already have a lot of volume. Perhaps when it's longer though. What do you think was the real difference - was it just the amount of product she put in, do you think?
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    OnyxCabelo wrote: »
    OMG!!! Your hair looks Awesome!! The curls look so defined and yet touchable. Unfortunately at the length I'm at I already have a lot of volume. Perhaps when it's longer though. What do you think was the real difference - was it just the amount of product she put in, do you think?

Hi Onyx..first off, thank you.

I styled it today using her methods, but I really can't tell you why things turned out so well. I tried to do it like she did, just using leave in, and conditioner (a tiny amount). I also added my newly beloved LA Looks Cashmere Curls gel.

I guess I can rotate btwn this method and using conditioner only because both work, and achieve similar results. :viking:
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    OnyxCabelo wrote: »

Hi Onyx..first off, thank you.

I styled it today using her methods, but I really can't tell you why things turned out so well. I tried to do it like she did, just using leave in, and conditioner (a tiny amount). I also added my newly beloved LA Looks Cashmere Curls gel.

I guess I can rotate btwn this method and using conditioner only because both work, and achieve similar results. :viking:

Well, that's cool. They always say - less is more. Well, in my case, less is never enough, LOL, but maybe I'm doing something wrong:blackeye:;).
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
    BC: July 21, 2008
    Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    BekkaPoo, your hair looks great! Method definitely works for you.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • parislarueparislarue Posts: 235Registered Users
    nice
    3C .....thru......10Z
    Holy Grail Products:
    KCCC, KT

Nothing exudes confidence like a woman comfortable in her own skin.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.fotki.com%2Fparislarue%2Fabout%2F" class="Popup