HELP!!! Looking for GREAT DC/MD Stylist!

CriskaCriska Posts: 101Registered Users
Hi,

I got my haircut in the end of May and it looks horrible. I'm not sure what can be done to fix it but my curls don't fall right. I really need some type of shape up and don't want to spend another 80+ dollars. I use to pay 125 (cut only) at Ouidad in NY but there I knew I will come out looking great and my hair will grow out perfectly. I will only get a cut once a year and it will still look great. I don't want to spend another 80+ dollars on a cut that just does nothing for me. In a spot I have like an empty space that I have to manipulate my hair to cover and than have to spray it with hairspray so that it stays covered. IT'S HORRIBLE!!!

Please if you know of any curly hair pros let me know. So far I am thinking about booking an appt with Jackie Pfeffer at Lux Studios in Bethesda.

However, I wanted to see if I can get any info from my fellow curlies. TIA
Mod CG - 6/12/09
3a - medium texture - medium porosity
http://public.fotki.com/criska/beforecg/ pw:curly

Wash: JC Hair Cleansing Cream
Rinse out: JC Too Shea
Leave ins: KCKT in the Winter and Pink Boots in the Summer
Styling Combos: Pink Boots/KCCC & Gel (summer) or KCKT, KCCC & Gel (winter)
Currently Testing: JC's RR and CC
DT's: Whatever I have on hand.

HATE CK!

Comments

• doriscadorisca Posts: 3Registered Users
    I want to find a good curl stylist at Puerto Rico
    dorisca wrote: »
    I live at Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
    :salute::clock:
    I live at Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
  • AquagreenbeanAquagreenbean Posts: 32Registered Users
    Criska wrote: »
    Hi,

I got my haircut in the end of May and it looks horrible. I'm not sure what can be done to fix it but my curls don't fall right. I really need some type of shape up and don't want to spend another 80+ dollars. I use to pay 125 (cut only) at Ouidad in NY but there I knew I will come out looking great and my hair will grow out perfectly. I will only get a cut once a year and it will still look great. I don't want to spend another 80+ dollars on a cut that just does nothing for me. In a spot I have like an empty space that I have to manipulate my hair to cover and than have to spray it with hairspray so that it stays covered. IT'S HORRIBLE!!!

Please if you know of any curly hair pros let me know. So far I am thinking about booking an appt with Jackie Pfeffer at Lux Studios in Bethesda.

However, I wanted to see if I can get any info from my fellow curlies. TIA

Sorry I don't have anyone to suggest, I was looking for suggestions myself. If you go with the Bethesda cut, can you please post after and tell me how it went. I am not far from Bethesda and if it is worth the $ I will fight the traffic to go :p
    2B-Cish: Fine, thick, porous
    PJ-In-Training
    Likes so far: Deva No Poo, GVP, AOHR (for DT), KCCC, BHRG, Curl Keeper, AG:Recoil, plopping and diffusing
    Dislikes: LVPNG, ACV rinse, KY Jelly, Deva Set It Free, Deva B'Leavin

• anaturalmeanaturalme Posts: 82Registered Users
    why don't you go back and have the stylist fix it if you are not happy with their cut?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file