Hair cut...

CurlyCutieLaurennCurlyCutieLaurenn Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi I'm new here :lol:
I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow...
My hair is pretty long and all one length, medium thickness, with side bangs which are very long. When a curl is pulled down it reaches half way down my back...

I want to try a short hair cut but I'm worried I won't like it, but sometimes when I get it cut too short I sort of freak out.
And since its all one length I was wondering how layers looked on curly hair... Are they bad?
Any suggestions cause I'm stumped on what to do with my hair!!

any responce will help :lol:
Thanks!

Comments

• sevendaiissevendaiis Posts: 54Registered Users
    Depending on what type of hair you have, layers can look good, although don't get them above chin level, because it gives curly hair more volume. 'Thinning' is not a hot idea idea, because it makes the hair frizzy with undefined curls. Be careful with bangs also, don't get them to short unless you want to straighten it everyday.

I think having your hair cut to maybe around bosom length, with long layers and long side swept bangs is pretty safe, maybe go short one step at a time, and get to know what your hair does with certain things.

There's always asking a stylist, but they don't know your hair completely either, even if they had experience with something similar. Plus, they could say it'll look good, but come the big chop, its COMPLETELY not what you had in mind.

Good luck! :tongue1:
    2c-3a :clown:
    Last straighten: 27th Febuary 2010
    Curly Since: 18th March 2010 (second time around)
    Trying CG (properly) soon. Last year's attempt failed, provoking straightening.
    I love Ballet! <3
    :blob:
  • CurlyCutieLaurennCurlyCutieLaurenn Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thanks your post was pretty helpfull. I'm thinking I'll do the medium length with long layers just to change it up a little. Thanks again.:thumbright:
  • sevendaiissevendaiis Posts: 54Registered Users
    No problem! Tell us how how goes when you get it done! :hello1:
    2c-3a :clown:
    Last straighten: 27th Febuary 2010
    Curly Since: 18th March 2010 (second time around)
    Trying CG (properly) soon. Last year's attempt failed, provoking straightening.
    I love Ballet! <3
    :blob:
  • CurlyCutieLaurennCurlyCutieLaurenn Posts: 4Registered Users
    I ended up getting it cut shortish alittle bit under my shoulders. but it usually relaxes after a week or two so it will be a little longer than that. and i got long layers in the front around my face. My hair dresser said he cut barley any off and the curls bounced right up.:flower:
  • AlexandraAlexandra Posts: 25Registered Users
    oy! i know exactly how you feel, a few months ago i got my hair cut super short! i hated it it was up to my chin i felt so much less confident i didnt have my long curls to feel cozy in. now im growing out, long, very long. you can get it cut but picture yourself with shorter hair, not nececarilly as short as mine was but short isnt for everyone certainly not for me, you cant do as much, no putting it up all fancy in a bun or something, just a pony tail and leaving it down, its hard even to put it up because of all the layers, now its a little past my shoulders and its more manageable. i think long big curls are nice looking "volume is sexy!" haha heres some pics...
    http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/getlostpodcast/00135.jpg
    http://www.easy-hairstyles.com/images/long6-curly-hair.jpg
    that top one is what i definitely want i love all the layers (and thats alex rousseau from lost incase you were wondering why she looked like she was in pain haha i love lost)
    so really, think long and hard about the length, i was 100% sure i wanted a short curly bob but when i got it i was disappointed, it looked so nice on the model picture i didnt think of how it would look on me. another thing to concider is your face shape. good luck! ;)
    ~*~
    growing out this summer!
    type 2b 2c

visit my art page :)
    http://happywatrmelon.deviantart.com/

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file