Carlos Flores for 4A curls?

sapphirestarr14sapphirestarr14 Registered Users Posts: 86
I want to start off by saying that idk my curl type exactly, all I kno is that on my head I have two pretty distinct types. the front half of my head looks like someone braided my hair with small braids and then undid them. the back curls up into tiny little ringlets i guess coffee stirrer diameters (1/2 a milimeter). the back is a lot "puffy-er" than the front, and its annoying to try and style. the front however has a ton of heat damage and in some places the hair is straight. now I need a haircut really badly, but idk where to go anymore. my current stylists dries and straightens my hair before she cuts it. but I'm trying to avoid heat for a while, so that's out. I've heard so many great things about Carlos Flores from Mario Diab Salon in SoHo, but I just want to kno if other 4a curlies have gone to him and been satisfied with his work. TIA.

J
Mostly fine hair, coarse around my edges and nape.
Definitely high porosity and insanely dense.
Not so sure on the elasticity, but I don't think I have a very good moisture/protein balance and my hair is ubber dry, so I'm going to go with low... of course I could be very wrong.

Regimen:
Cowash/RO: HEHH, AIA Coconut Cowash
PT: Ion Effective Care Treatment
DT: Any condish with EVOO+Honey
LI: SM CES or PM The conditioner
Styler: EcoStyler Olive Oil, KCCC, or Let's Jam

Comments

• sapphirestarr14sapphirestarr14 Registered Users Posts: 86
    bump
    Not so sure on the elasticity, but I don't think I have a very good moisture/protein balance and my hair is ubber dry, so I'm going to go with low... of course I could be very wrong.

Regimen:
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,357 Curl Connoisseur
    i don't have 4a curls, but carlos does cut my hair, and i've seen 4as who have an appointment before (look GREAT!) and after me.
    i don't believe there is any type of curly/wavy hair that carlos is not fabulous at cutting. he truly knows curly hair. he is the ONLY stylist i've ever given free reign to. my hair is mostly 3a, but i have a few 3bs on the crown of my head, and some 2c on the back bottom. he manages to blend these different curl types in, never a 'hole' in my head, always, always, always looks good.
    i would definitely see carlos if i were you. why don't you schedule a consult first if you are concerned. also, it sounds as though you have damage to your hair, so he may need to suggest ways for you to get it healthy again before he cuts?? i have no idea, but a consult would be good.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • sapphirestarr14sapphirestarr14 Registered Users Posts: 86
    thanx rbb, I kno you rave about Carlos. But my hair curls differently than yours, so I was interested in opinions from similar curlies. But I appreciate the response, and I will call towards the end of the month and schedule a consult to see what they say. :happy3:

Regimen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file