I want my curls to be GREEN. How 'bout you?

Green as in natural/organic, not green as in the colour, of course! (what a twist! hah! get it? curls? twist? now that's a knee slapper.)

Recently I have been more and more interested in using organic products. Not only because they sound yummy/beneficial, but of course to help the environment as well as organic farmers and communities.

I've started taking baby steps. And I mean baby steps. I got some natural bars of soap, I forget the brand because I'm away at the moment. But the box each bar of soap comes in has baby's breath seeds embedded into it. So instead of tossing it, you plant it! The container biodegrades and flowers grow. Yay! <3

But anyway. I think my hair/scalp could really benefit from all natural ingredients. Butters, oils, extracts, antioxidants, vitamins.. my hair is feeling giddy already!

I live in Texas, so I won't pay any shipping if I get my stuff from Futurenatural.

For those of you who are like say whaaaat?, Futurenatural is an online beauty store chock full of natural and organic goodies.

It's got products from numerous green brands and lines, with stuff for hair, face, body, mommies and babies <3, and more! (hope i don't sound too much like an advertisement, aha. it really is an interesting website!)

So is anyone else currently/wanting to go green? And is anyone a futurenatural/any other organics store consumer? I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone!

<3!
4a, fine-coarse, normal-high porosity, thick and dense sponge cake!
currently texlaxed!
APL stretched, ear length curly.
Hair <3s: butters, glycerin, honey, coconut, aloe, olive oil
Hair </3s: other oils, protein, 'cones, sulfates
Cleanse: Bentonite Clay
Condition: Shea Moisture Restorative, KUI Hydrating Hemp
Leave-In: KCKT+castor oil, KUI Coconut Cream
Style: Curl pudding (eco styler blue gel+shea butter+castor oil+conditioner)

Comments

• taltaltaltal Registered Users Posts: 614
    We can all contribute to our environment's well being just by being aware of little things which make a big difference.

It's not just about what one uses on his or her hair, it's a way of life. Deciding we care about what we do to our environment and deciding we do not want to add to world pollution.

I use ecological dish washing soap and ecological laundry soap ( biodegradable), it's not more expensive than regular dish washing soap so why pollute the environment with the non-bio-degradable detergents if we can care for it.
    I don't use laundry softener which adds more to the environment pollution and does almost nothing for the well being of my clothes which smell just as fresh and clean without the softener.

I also try not to take too many plastic bags when shopping, I go shopping with a tote which can be used over and over again, and if buying just a little item that can fit in my handbag, why take a plastic bag which will go straight to the thrash can when you're home.

Did you know that aluminium foil can take thousands of years to disintegrate !!!

I try to use as little aluminium foil as possible while cooking. There are great silicone baking dishes which can be used for baking in the oven. They can be washed just like a plate, and the food doesn't stick to them. There are silicone dishes in various shapes for fooking, baking etc. They are nicer than aluminium foil and environmentally friendly and in the long run more economical as you can use them again and again.

One doesn't have to spend a fortune to be environmentally aware. I don't agree with all those 'green' shops that sell things at double the price just because they are labelled "green".

And one doesn't have to go bankrupt in order to be environmentally friendly. Just be aware of those little things that make such a big difference.
  • Jamtastic Voyage!Jamtastic Voyage! Registered Users Posts: 230
    Agreed, agreed.

I'm too young to really buy my own groceries, but. I've been trying to get my mother to do things like that.

At H-E-B (I'm sure other stores do this too, but not sure which!) they offer reusable green tote bag thingies so you don't always have to use plastic bags. Not only are they more eco-friendly, but they're stylish!

Unfortunately I'll ultimately have to wait until I get my own income to start doing these things.

My mother isn't too happy with the cost of some of the pricier green products, and being a single mother doesn't make it much easier.

But once I do I'm hoping I can really start making a difference. Not only for my health and appearance, but to save our Earth. C:

As stated by Captain Planet and his influential green mullet-- I mean ideas, "THE POWER IS YOURS!"
    4a, fine-coarse, normal-high porosity, thick and dense sponge cake!
    currently texlaxed!
    APL stretched, ear length curly.
    Hair <3s: butters, glycerin, honey, coconut, aloe, olive oil
    Hair </3s: other oils, protein, 'cones, sulfates
    Cleanse: Bentonite Clay
    Condition: Shea Moisture Restorative, KUI Hydrating Hemp
    Leave-In: KCKT+castor oil, KUI Coconut Cream
    Style: Curl pudding (eco styler blue gel+shea butter+castor oil+conditioner)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file