My Routine

jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
I used to post here a lot more than I do now, so I apologize if some of this has been suggested before, but I just don't have the time to go back and read everything. I always found that reading other people's routines sometimes helped me, so I thought I'd post mine. I finally found a routine that I love.

I consider myself modified CG as I wash but use CG products.

1. Wash hair.
2. Give it about 20 minutes or so to air dry a little
3. Rake in [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink]...sometimes I comb it through with a wide tooth comb, but not always
4. Scrunch in a lot of BRHG
5. Diffuse and add more BRHG as needed for hold
6. My waves are usually very crunchy and kind of stringy now, but I pineapple overnight
7. When I wake up, a lot of the stickiness and such is gone
(Sometimes I put a large claw clip over the pineapple/ponytail for a while in the morning...it helps to encourage the waves for some reason)
8. After taking the ponytail down, I scrunch in more [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] for hold
9. If crunch remains, I add a little water to my hands and scrunch in or scrunch the dry hair with a towel
10. Since the underside of my hair is almost straight, I like putting it back in a half ponytail with a clip (not a scrunchie or ponytail holder because they tend to get tangled)
*There is usually a little crunch in it at the end, but that doesn't bother me so much, it's usually at the ends. It sometimes gives a semi-wet look, but not really...as I don't usually like a wet, gelled look (for me at least).

Note: My hair is thick like a 2c/3a, but the waves are barely wavy. My hair can easily resemble frizzy straight hair. The underside is MUCH straighter than the canopy. But with this routine, I can usually pull off 2b-3a.
2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file