Burt's Bees Acne Solutions?

claire cobraclaire cobra Registered Users Posts: 25
Anyone used this, tried it, or had any luck? I'm thinking of trying it. So far I have seen it at whole foods, and drugstore.com.
There's
Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Cleanser

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Pore Refining Scrub

Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment

Salicylic acid really works wonders for my skin; I'm looking for a more natural alternative to Neutrogena Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrator, and Fight 'n' Fade Gel.
Queer by nature, proud by choice! :color:

CG since June 2008 / 3A

Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo
Oil: 100% pure Tea Tree Oil (massage into scalp before shampooing to relieve itching and flaking)
Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
DT: AOHR with Honey and Olive Oil
Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner
Products: AG re:coil, L'Oreal Vive Pro Glossy Curls Spray Gel, MOP C-System Shaping Serum

Comments

• kellygreen49kellygreen49 Registered Users Posts: 625
    I was REALLY curious about this line too...
    Neutrogena Sacylic acid lines help me also, but eventually I break out again. I'm wondering if something a bit more natural would help.... though right now I'm trying a routine that's totally and completely natural from Etsy:

Cleansing Toner:
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26452187

(Not bad, my skin has cleared up, but I sort of miss using a full cleanser, it's sort of difficult to get my makeup off. Using jojoba oil as a moisturizer)

And I'm trying this next, "The *****y Teen" Facial cleanser bar:
    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26960920

I might think about using the toner after, and then applying the jojoba oil for optimal results...
    3A~fine texture
    Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
    Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
    Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
    Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
    I <3 second day hair :iconbiggrin:
    Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls
    http://public.fotki.com/kellygreen49/
    PW curlyhair
    Image301-1.jpgcurls1-1.jpg
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    In the past Burts Bees has always made my face feel stripped and dry so I would hate to invest in this and find the same problem.

I am very interested in trying a cleanser/moisturizer from this company although I am leaning towards the products for rosacea.

http://www.taylormadearomatherapy.com/welcome.html
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • kellygreen49kellygreen49 Registered Users Posts: 625
    xcptnl wrote: »
    In the past Burts Bees has always made my face feel stripped and dry so I would hate to invest in this and find the same problem.

I am very interested in trying a cleanser/moisturizer from this company although I am leaning towards the products for rosacea.

That looks REALLY interesting, if the *****y Teen Bar Cleanser doesn't work well, I'm going to get the sample sizes of the acne line. What interests me is the Sea Buckthorn and Zinc, I've never seen that in a line before. I'm looking for unorthodox ingredients now, I'm tired of using the same basic stuff over and over again...

"[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]Saturate the cotton pad or cottonball and pat the toner gently over your face and neck area. Apply it to the forehead, cheeks, chin and nose, or to the whole face. Never rub your skin when applying toner. Avoid eye area."

[/FONT]I thought that part was interesting, since I've basically scrubbed toner with a cotton ball on my face all my life lol

Crap... now I have another thing to try.
    I'll post back to this post if I end up trying either the Burt's Bees Acne line or the Taylor Made Acne line.
    3A~fine texture
    Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
    Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
    Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
    Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
    I <3 second day hair :iconbiggrin:
    Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls
    http://public.fotki.com/kellygreen49/
    PW curlyhair
    Image301-1.jpgcurls1-1.jpg
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    xcptnl wrote: »

That looks REALLY interesting, if the *****y Teen Bar Cleanser doesn't work well, I'm going to get the sample sizes of the acne line. What interests me is the Sea Buckthorn and Zinc, I've never seen that in a line before. I'm looking for unorthodox ingredients now, I'm tired of using the same basic stuff over and over again...

"[FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-serif]Saturate the cotton pad or cottonball and pat the toner gently over your face and neck area. Apply it to the forehead, cheeks, chin and nose, or to the whole face. Never rub your skin when applying toner. Avoid eye area."

[/FONT]I thought that part was interesting, since I've basically scrubbed toner with a cotton ball on my face all my life lol

Crap... now I have another thing to try.
    I'll post back to this post if I end up trying either the Burt's Bees Acne line or the Taylor Made Acne line.

I have rosecea and another curlie on here mentioned that seabuckthorn can help with that. Acne and rosecea can be aggravated by bacteria and I believe a lot of these ingredients are targeting that part of the issue.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • claire cobraclaire cobra Registered Users Posts: 25
    I bought the Pore-Refining Scrub and the Targeted Sport Treatment. So far my skin looks good. I really like the scrub, it is very gentle and has a nice lemony scent. The targeted spot treatment is very difficult to apply. It's a liquid... I feel that dabbing some on a cotton ball or Qtip is wasteful because so much of it is absorbed by the cotton.
    I didn't bother to buy the Moisturizing Lotion- $17 for a tiny little bottle! No way!

Also thinking of trying Aubrey Organics line for Combination Oily Skin (blue green algae).
    Queer by nature, proud by choice! :color:

CG since June 2008 / 3A

Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo
    Oil: 100% pure Tea Tree Oil (massage into scalp before shampooing to relieve itching and flaking)
    Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
    DT: AOHR with Honey and Olive Oil
    Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner
    Products: AG re:coil, L'Oreal Vive Pro Glossy Curls Spray Gel, MOP C-System Shaping Serum

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file