No idea where to start.

Macy99Macy99 Registered Users Posts: 6
I have a couple of problems...
I don't know what type of hair I am, I think I am either 3a or 3b.
I also have no idea where to start. I think I am going to do the no-poo thing..but I don't know what other kinds of products to use.
Here are some pictures.

usethisthree.jpg

blachakhfoadhfoaf.gif

usethistwo.jpg

You can't really tell by the pictures but my hair is really frizzy and a lot of the curls are wierd and misshapen.

HELP!
2C/3A
M/C
ii
high porosity.
:fish:
just starting out.

Comments

• NoraCurlNoraCurl Registered Users Posts: 345
    When I first started CG, I started out with Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine Conditioner for my co-wash and L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri-Gloss conditioner. And because your curls are loose, you are a type 3a. And in case there's any time you need to use shampoo, use a non-sulfate shampoo like Burt's Bees; that works for me. Don't be afraid to experiment and see what works best for you.
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• mandirose1mandirose1 Registered Users Posts: 69
    It can be a little confusing on where to start, and I just started myself. I chose to really pour over a lot of these threads (Im on medical leave so I have waaay too much time on my hands!) in order to see what a lot of people were using and what CG was all about. When it comes down to it there seems to be a limited number of things that everyone likes, though there's a TON of stuff you could try!

Definitely try to figure out the porosity/texture of your hair. There are directions on a great website:
    www.livecurlylivefree.com

I try to pay attention to people's signatures too, especially if I feel like they might have similar hair to mine. And it helps to keep this thread in a separate window:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=74759

because most everyone uses acronyms.

And, most of all, don't be afraid to ask anyone any questions! So far, everyone seems so helpful! Good luck with your already beautiful hair!
  • mpgirlmpgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,163
    I agree with mandirose1. Those are great sites for you. I would also go to http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2008/12/style-definitions-table.html and http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=78318

Both are helpful for just starting out.

Happy reading!:salut:
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG