How long until ur curls were gorgeous

SuperCurly353SuperCurly353 Posts: 31Registered Users
im leavin my hair curly for the summer and i want my curls to look healthy and gorgeous b4 i go back to school how long did it take u 3b girls until ur hair looked good pictures would be helpful :)
I have 3b course hair in dire need of help

Follow me on twitter: Erin353

Comments

• ellageorginaellageorgina Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    Firstly, are you using the CG method? Because that helps A LOT. It took a few weeks for my hair to start looking good (pics are on my fotki) taken a week or so ago, but it actually looks better now. It keeps improving the longer you are on CG. Do you have any pics of your hair?
    3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.

• oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    There's gorgeous and then there's frizz/undefinedness/etc I can deal with. What I consider gorgeous may not be what you mean - but I'll say that changing the way I applied products and adding plopping into my routine helped almost immediately. Once I went mod-CG, things improved even further and I got tighter curls with more regularity to them, and that improved the longer I did it. A lot of people who go full CG will find their hair freaks out a bit for a month or so - that is, it'll look worse rather than looking better at first - but it'll slowly improve, and it's different for everyone, and seems to depend on just what you were doing to it beforehand.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Posts: 318Registered Users
    i know cg helps a lot with my hair. a while ago i suffered from protein buildup and shea butter buildup ( too much shea butter leaves my hair sticky and tacky and very tangled) and i had to shampoo my hair 10 times in two days to rid my hair of most of the buildup. by the time i was done, my hair was so stripped it wouldnt hold a curl to save its life. my 3b/c curls had turned into barely 3a

it took about 3 weeks to a month for my hair to feel and look as good as it did before.
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    I went to the hairdressers last Monday for my annual visit, had a good chop and my hair washed with cone-ridden stuff and had it blow dried straight. So I decided to start CG from scratch: de-toxed with Neal's Yard Citrus shampoo, good soaking with conditioner, rinsed out, used a leave-in and my home made flax seed gel. Curls are just as they were before - in fact more springy and curlier as there's less weight to drag them down (chopped to bra strap length).

When I originally started CG (after finding the book on Amazon) it was about three weeks before I saw a dramatic improvement, simply because I didn't know what to use and it was very hit and miss with the products. Then I discovered this site and the rest is history!
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How long until ur curls were gorgeous? ....

I'm still waiting. :toothy2: In my case, it involved lots of trial and error throughout the different seasons, since certain products work better/worse in the heat/humidity of summer vs. cold/dryness of winter. And just when I think I have the routine nailed down, a new product becomes the rage and I have to try it and see how it behaves with other products I use.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file