locks of love

curlsmakemecrazycurlsmakemecrazy Posts: 15Registered Users
Hey I am donating my hair to locks of love in a few days 10 inches I'm in need of a change after just graduating high school and going through prom and all that great stuff haha but I was wondering if anyone knows if i have to straighten it out before it gets cut or if i just leave it curly and they will pull down on my curls to measure the 10 inches? Thanks

Comments

• InAnUpsTruckInAnUpsTruck Posts: 22Registered Users
    I was told that locks of love doesn't take naturally curly hair, but I could be wrong, so don't shoot me for it.
  • SujiSuji Posts: 87Registered Users
    You can totally donate curly hair..I've done it. I donated around 12" of braided hair last summer. Their website says you can straighten your curly hair to reach the minimum 10" if you want, but they state they can use hair of all color, texture, etc. I mean, if they really needed to, they could straighten it themselves, right? It's just your choice if you need to stretch the length for donation. Though, I wouldn't assume they will pull down the curl..I'd say straighten what you want to donate if you're only going to donate the bare minimum of 10" of straight hair, just to be on the safe side.
    -2b/2cFi-ii, med pososity?.
    no silicones/sulfates, but lowpoo 1x week (GTTT)
    GVP CB or LVP Glossy Volume; Curl Junkie Smoothing Gellie, AG Re:Coil, HE Mousse.
    still on a mission to find my hg combo.. :)
  • curlsmakemecrazycurlsmakemecrazy Posts: 15Registered Users
    thanks so much both of you ! I chopped it off today and I love it! I did it curly so it was prob a bit more then 10 inches but its great I didnt think I would enjoy short hair this much !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file