If I'm Using a Leave-In, Do I Still Have to use a Richer Conditioner?

Sorry for having so many questions, but I'm just about to head out to the store and wanted to know. I was planning on using Suave Naturals as my co-wash and L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss as my thicker conditioner, but nthen I heard about Giovanni Direct Leave-In. f I'm using the leave-in, can I just skip the L'Oreal?
I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!

Comments

• OperaCurlsOperaCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    It depends on what your hair needs. I personally do not need anything richer than my Suave Coconut condish for both co-washing and conditioning, and my leave-in, which is either Giovanni Direct or Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy Conditioner. My hair is quite fine, however, so if your hair is prone to dryness then you may want to look into a richer rinse-out conditioner to follow after your cowash.
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I change my CO wash conditioner weekly. Some of them are thin, some are very thick (and I just use more water to make them work for CO washing because I love them!) So I don't use yet another [thicker] conditioner after CO washing; never have. I just use a good leave-in to detangle and add extra moisture to my hair. My thoughts align with yours, that if the leave-in works well for you, one conditioner before it in the shower is enough.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • HateRelationshipHateRelationship Registered Users Posts: 100
    Thank you very much!
    I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file