CurlTalk

SHAME ON CONAIR, please read about this ad

Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users
Hello,

Last night I saw such an anti-curl ad on tv I thought I was asleep dreaming on the couch. I am providing the link for you here, open it and watch the 60 second ad for the Infiniti.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.conair.com%2Fcommercials.php%3FcntpcID%3D12" class="Popup

I am so offended. There's a darker skinned girl with GORGEOUS ringlets and they mention her "frizz" and imply her and another girl (with 2a hair I believe) are savages and need to "tame" their hair. I mean it's one thing to say "we're selling a straightener" and it's another to show actual beautiful natural curls and plaster them up as if the girl is wanted for committing a crime. What do you guys think of this ad?
Curly 3a. Letting it grow, using conditioners and products that are PRO curl and not straightening thanks to NC.com.
PW: curlz

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Grrrrrrrr :evil:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 132Registered Users
    "thick and frizzy"??!! her hair's lovely!!
    UK curly, 2B/3A
    Original Source Tea Tree & Mint, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FcurlyorwavyCG%2F" class="Popup
    pw massey

event.png
  • Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users
    If you're referring to the dark-skinned girl, I LOVE her hair. Perfect spirals that pouf out just enough to frame her face. Conair blows!!! (NO PUN INTENDED)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :evil: :twisted:
    Curly 3a. Letting it grow, using conditioners and products that are PRO curl and not straightening thanks to NC.com.
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    That is a horrible commercial. I was disgusted when I first saw it.
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • sunshowersunshower Posts: 229Registered Users
    now that is downright shameful. her hair is gorgeous! they really ought to be ashamed of themselves, calling her hair frizzy. :x
    --Tiffany--
    *Reformed PJ*
    3c/4a - coarse and super thick, APL when curly, somewhere around WL when stretched
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fhokukoroku%2F" class="Popup - i never update. shame on me :(

Last Relaxer - January 30, 1999
    BC - March 21, 2000

Currently using: AO HSR & GPB conditioners, Vatika Oil, SheaMoisture, homemade African Black Soap shampoo & hair lotion.
  • patooshipatooshi Posts: 41Registered Users
    her hair is so pretty , "THICK AND FRIZZY" her hairs curly , not think nor frizzy.. her hairs beautiful..but its okay because all conair products dont work like that .
    3B CURL!
  • Catsmd71Catsmd71 Posts: 93Registered Users
    Basically calling curls "thick and frizzy" is like calling a short person "small and inadequate!" We're BORN with these thick frizzy curls. It's not like she chose to have that hair, although her hair is beautiful anyway. Then again, I have to wonder, these girls did choose to model for this ad? I wonder what THEY were thinking!