Anyone Growing Out Also Color?

egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 Posts: 607Registered Users
is it possible to continue growing super long healthy hair if you decide to start coloring? do any of you who are growing out color your hair regularly? how damaging is coloring to the whole grow out process anyway? thanks!!
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
:farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Comments

• FeedYourHeadFeedYourHead Posts: 248Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm growing out my hair now, and I think it really depends on the type of color you use. Some formulas are gentler than others.

But I color with Natural Instincts and my hair still grows fast--and healthy! It's a semipermanent, so it will wash out eventually. But if you just want to stay within a shade or two of your natural color and enhance what you already have, it's great!

NOTE: The conditioner included in the coloring kit is NOT CG. You would be better off tossing it, or giving it away, and just doing your usual DT on your hair after you color.
    Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3A/3B/2C in the back, Botticelli, medium, thick, low porosity, modified CG since 2008

Likes: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil sulfate-free shampoo; Curls Coconut Curlada conditioner; KCKT; LA Looks Extreme Sport Gel; coconut oil; honey; banana hair masks
    Dislikes: Silicones (:thumbdown:), Hairbrushes (:eek:) and harsh detergents (:protest:)
  • anonymous_166474anonymous_166474 Posts: 70Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    is it possible to continue growing super long healthy hair if you decide to start coloring? do any of you who are growing out color your hair regularly? how damaging is coloring to the whole grow out process anyway? thanks!!
    I use revlon color silk no ammonia dyes. After dyeing make sure you use a deep protein treatment to repair the damage. I also deep condition once a week. I've had no issues and I have healthy hair almost to my waist when stretched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kosher Curls
    mostly 3b curls
    Low Porosity
    fine, medium, coarse
    medium to high density
    Products: Giovanni direct leave in and olive or argan oil eco styler.

LONG: 10"+ (armpit to waist length)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file