The donut-lovin', pie-eatin' weight loss support thread

Comments

• RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Aww thanks meegs and curlyorwavy! :oops: I still have so much to lose, but it's coming off. I really feel like I may be able to continue this... As of this morning I am back at the weight I was back in February when I fell of the wagon. That's good though, because now I feel like I'm making "real" progress, and also last time at this weight, I was getting frustrated and my weight loss had slowed down dramatically. I'm not feeling that this time at all; Before I just did no sugar/lower carb and I just cant' stick to that. Here lately I'm basically eating whatever I want, just less of it. My stomach can't hold as much and I get full after about 1/2 of what I used to eat and still be able to eat more. It amazes me I had stretched it out that much!! But the most exciting thing for me today is the discovery of my collar bone again, lol. You can see it a lot better than you could before, which was basically not at all. So that really excited me, which may be stupid :lol:

I have been trying to make myself get enough calories because I didn't have any appetite... and I'm still low (for me) but okay now. Friday was 1209, Saturday was 1195, and yesterday was higher - at 1599. So that's good. I got the part to fix my elliptical today, thank goodness. I haven't really gotten any exercise over the past almost 2 weeks! :oops: I need to start again for sure... Jeff will have to take a couple hours to fix it because I have no idea about pulleys and belts :D

Today is as follows:

Breakfast:
    1 scrambled egg
    1 piece whole grain toast

Snack:
    Apple
    Banana

Dinner:
    Ground sirloin (4 oz) burger with 2% cheese, lots of lettuce, tomato and onion
    Homemade potato wedges (1 small potato)

After that if I get hungry again I'll eat some fruit or veggies of some kind, and will probably have a tiny waffle cone with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt in it later because I'm having sweet cravings!

If I don't have fruit or veggies, but do have the frozen yogurt, I'll come in at 1141 calories for the day. I don't know if I'll get hungry again or not, because I just now finished eating supper, but I'll edit it in if so.

Hope everyone is doing well! :D
    DPTFm5.png
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Holy cows, starving today!
    30+ mins cardio this morning, at least 20 of walking, 20 of pilates = 3 AP earned.
    getting up early to do one video, doing another in the evening. Walking in between. I'm going to stay fit, darn it!

B: yogurt = 1
    oatmeal = 2
    carrot cake = 1

S: kashi bar = 3

L: salad w. tuna = 3
    almonds = 1
    dressing = 1

S: ice cream = 2
    apple = 1

D: 4.5 oz chicken = 4
    veggies = 0
    apple = 1

S: chocolate = 2
    baked cheetos = 3
    apple = 1

total = 26 pts, 1535 cals, well ove 100 of those in veggies, so not too shabby. I'm still fairly hungry, but it's bedtime. I'm getting up at 5:30 (gasp) to do 20 minutes of pilates. I have an 8 am, otherwise I'd do cardio and shower afterward, but there just isn't enough time. I have a self defense class (MAJOR gasp) tomorrow night. I'm not sure how active that will be. I'm terrified, to say the least, but this class has great reviews. They rec taking it w. a friend, because you need partners for everything. I'm hoping some out of shape girl is near me that I can pair up with. My nightmare would be getting stuck with a twig who is FIT. Or a twig who isn't fit, and I'll be afraid of breaking her. I'm not stressing, really. I'm kind of excited I've pushed myself to do this. Plus, this is the extra credit I'll need to make me a senior by spring semester--not too bad for someone who had to drop 6 credits last fall semester because of family death/illness/missing 5 weeks of school. So that's actually why I'm REALLY determined to take it. But the pushing the comfort zone thing is a bonus. :D
    Under construction.
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey all!

Good luck with self-defense befrizzled :). Hope it goes really well. I'm wondering whether when I go to uni I should take up some sport or sumin. I've always been the fat unfit one who was scared at the thought of the gym, but maybe that could change...?

Anyways I went to the beach themed party and it was great! A friend was there who I hadn't seen since I'd only lost 3 pounds and she started saying "I don't want to be rude but there's something I want to say" and then paused. I was all scared she was going to say something like "I don't like you, get out of here". But she actually said I looked really thin! And then went into the whole 'it's not that you looked fat before...' thing. And other people noticed too! One who actually saw me at 9 pounds lost but wearing clothes too big (need to shop...) said she didn't recognise me when I walked in :D.

So anyways sorry to brag :oops: but it felt great! Down side though: there were 300 calories in the two sprites I had :shock: :shock: :shock: ... Argh!
    UK curly, 2C/3A
    CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!
    curlyorwavy- thanks! And congrats yourself! That's awesome. :D

Self defense went well. I'm getting more comfortable with myself and my body. There are wall to wall mirrors in there, and I didn't cringe when I looked at myself. I kind of admired my arms; they're so much more toned than they used to be! I did end up partners with a STICK, but she said she's unfit, and well, it didn't really bug me. So that's a plus. I was starving yesterday. I haven't gotten my eating schedule together yet, so there are times where I'm not eating for a while and then cannot stop shaking! I typically end up in a frenzied kind of panic here, especially while I'm preparing the food I'm about to eat, so I constantly have to remember to go slow and pace myself--the faster I go, the more I shake, and once this even knocked me into a ventricular tachycardia attack. Problem would be solved if I didn't go that long without eating. It's day 3 of school today, and I've got food packed, as I did yesterday, but I'll have to eat more of it today.

Yesterday:
    pilates, craaaazy walking, self defense = 2 AP earned

B: apple = 1
    yogurt = 1
    oatmeal = 2

S: pb&j = 2

L: boca burger burrito (same as in a post or two above) = 5
    apple = 1

S: ice cream = 2
    kashi bar = 3

D: chicken = 4
    apple = 1

S: chocolate = 1
    backed cheetos = 3

total = 26, 1525 calories

I was so tired last night, so I skipped an evening routine. I slept from 11pm-8am, with a few wake ups. Did cardo again this morning. I'm still totally uncoordinated and cannot always do the arm moves WITH the leg moves, but you know what, even if I'm not doing it right--moving is moving! After cooldown, my heart rate was 136, so I know it's doing what it should be doing, even if I'm not doing it the right way.

OMG. So, I got a pair of AE jeans. I typically wear the same size, so I ordered online, but they were big. I took them to a store and tried on that size there, figuring it was mismarked. Nope. That pair was even bigger (turns out, online sells slightly different styles than the store). The next size down fit. :shock: It's weird, because the rest of my jeans from there in the bigger size still fit great, but I figure the way this style is treated stretches the material out more. I'm wearing the new ones today and feeling kind of in awe that they fit. I can't tell if my upper stomach is shrinking more, and I'm actually a little uncomfortable with it. I want the lower part to go, but I can't get rid of it. I don't have a scale or a measuring tape, though, so I can't tell what's going on with my body. It hasn't been a problem eating within my range either; I thought I'd be panicky about it. That's a plus. :D

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Under construction.
    Hi all! No-one's posted for ages so I figure I will.

Glad the self-defence went well Befrizzled :D. And congrats on the jeans too!

I went shopping two days ago to buy clothes that fit. For what seems like forever I've been living in baggy clothes. So I decided to try jeans first, expecting to still be a 14 (US 12? Maybe?) coz my backside is still enormous. But I fit into a 12!!! I never ever thought I'd wear less than a 14 in trousers. So chuffed! So I spent the rest of the shopping trip on a high and bought tops in 'small' (:D) and another pair of 12 jeans. It's so wonderful to have dropped a size but even better it's great to have clothes I feel good in.

Yay!

2 pounds to go till I reach my goal now. And three ish weeks till uni starts so should make it... Going out for a meal tonight so hopefully there will be something not too fattening... I hate salad though so it's hard!
    UK curly, 2C/3A

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    Hey everyone! :) I didn't get any notifications since the last time I'd posted until now. This stupid site :evil:

I've not really been tracking my food, but I know I've been okay - most days around 1400 because I do add in my head as the day goes on. I need to come post more, but mainly wnated to say congrats to curlyorwavy and also to Befrizzled for taking the class :D

Hope everyone is doing well and still truckin' :lol:
    I haven't weighed in in a few days; I guess I've been more busy than usual and not really been thinking about it, but I need to track before I start eating way more without realizing it :) Will post more later all!
    DPTFm5.png
    Holy moses. I went away this weekend with my boyfriend. Typically I end up freaking and not being able to eat, but such was not the case. However, my blood sugar kept crashing like you wouldn't believe. I couldn't remain stable if my life depended on it. Within 3 hours of eating, I was literally gone. I couldn't speak, couldn't think, couldn't move very well.. it was just very ugly. I'd be a million times better once I ate, but things that used to get me back to normal aren't cutting it and I've had to eat more. I wasn't able to track online, but I've been counting in my head and have been close to 2,000 calories the past two days. I've also been extremely active; we walked hours everyday. I'm really disturbed. I mean, the day I left, I had breakfast at 7am, a pb&j sandiwich and pretzels at 11, and by 1:30, I was losing it. I was sitting in class freaking out because I didn't have anything else on me, including glucose tablets, and class wasn't over for another half hour. It's been getting so bad that I come close to tears because I really feel that sick and that panicked. But this weekend is truly the worst it's ever been, and my boyfriend noticed it, too. He was a paramedic, so he's got the details down on symptoms and such, and he's convinced there's a problem. He said I go into an altered state of consciousness, where I'm literally not myself. I know it's happening, and I'll usually know ahead of time that I'll need to eat, but I've been crashing so much faster. It's uncomfortable, and it can really ruin plans. We were going to go to one museum Friday night, but we got into town at 7 and I was already fading, so we had to put it off until Saturday so I could eat--there wouldn't have been time to go afterward. Because of all this, I really haven't counted all the extra WW points, even though yesterday would have been over 30, as will today. I just took off 5 points from the bank for each day. And I've got to call the nutritionist when I get back to school. Something's got to give.
    Under construction.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Oh no! Maybe you should see a doctor. When's the soonest you can see the nutritionist?

If you're really active, then maybe you should be eating more calories more often, especially if your blood sugar tends to get really low. I wouldn't worry too much about your weight if your eating habits are starting to affect you in other ways. :(

I really hope you're feeling better, and if not, you should see a doctor ASAP. And let us know how you're doing!
    Oh no! Maybe you should see a doctor. When's the soonest you can see the nutritionist?

If you're really active, then maybe you should be eating more calories more often, especially if your blood sugar tends to get really low. I wouldn't worry too much about your weight if your eating habits are starting to affect you in other ways. :(

I really hope you're feeling better, and if not, you should see a doctor ASAP. And let us know how you're doing!

When I brought it up with my doctor when this first started happening before March, he wanted nothing to do with it and insisted I was fine because my numbers were good from previous bloodwork, but he didn't bother to ask any symptoms. I have an appointment with the nutritionist at 9:30am. I'm also so much hungrier lately. I've been in the high range of my calories almost everyday, and those two weekend days were higher. I'm also utterly exhausted, making motivation to work out decline. I hope to do 30 minutes of strength training tonight. I'll be out of the apartment from 9am until 7pm tomorrow, so I'll be packing food. I had to have 2 glucose tabs in class today to keep me from flipping out. I'll update after my apt.

Yesterday was 1386 cals, 27 points, 2 AP earned. The usual foods.
    Under construction.
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Hey Gals!

I'm back! My vacation went well. Tons of fun. I definitely ate more than I normally would have, but I felt pretty good overall. Only one day did I really feel like I'd way overdone it. I got back home and when I got on the scale, I'd...lost weight???? I was up to 45 pounds lost overall (whereas I'd been hovering around 43.5-44 for a little while, partly due to *that time of the month*). I'm still not trusting it, though it has been 2 days and I'm still down.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe I need to eat a little more. It seems that when I stay pretty strict with my calories (and for me, pretty strict is 1400-1500), I don't lose weight very fast. And on days/weeks when I feel I'm eating too much, I wind up losing weight. But does my weight loss really speed up when I eat more? Or is it just the "catch-up" effect from several days of "good" eating that happened prior. And the fact that my vacation coincided with the end of my period (which usually results in at least 1/2 pound of loss for me) can't be totally discounted this time around. And how much of it is just the normal ups and downs of weight loss? But honestly, this is far from the first time I've noticed this trend. So I need to change things up and see if that helps.

It's hard because I don't think that 1400-1500 is THAT low. If I were eating 1000 calories per day, I could understand that maybe I was screwing with my metabolism. And while I'm of course hungry on occasion, I'm usually pretty good and not really ever starving at ~1500. So it's kind of nerve-wracking to think about going up a little...who knows what will happen.

But I'll try it anyway. I'm shooting for 1600 each day this week, maybe even 1650-1700 :shock: . Yesterday I was at about 1500, but today I'm starting my experiment.

Working out continues to go well. I only worked out once on my vacation, even though my goal was to workout twice. Still, it was good to get in that one time, and I did do a lot of walking around and such. I ran on the treadmill at my hotel (I usually run outside), so this was the first time in a while that I got a pretty exact idea of how fast I'm running. Suffice it to say that I was pleased! I can't believe how far I've come since I started losing weight in January! Yesterday (my first day back home), I ran and today I will do strength training. Thursday is my first day of classes for Fall quarter, so then I'm back to having less time than I'd like. But I'm determined to stay with it!

Everyone else...doing good as always. Befrizzled: I really hope you feel better. Definitely talk to your nutritionist about it. I can't believe your doctor just dismissed your concerns. That's not right. I am annoyed on your behalf.
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Meegs, maybe your metabolism needs more food to function properly. Everybody is different in that respect. You could feel like crap eating less than 1,600 calories a day. If your body isn't getting all the nutrition it needs, it goes into starvation mode and stores up ANY fat and calories you consume. And if those calories are primarily healthy food and not all sugary, salty junk, you should be just fine. :) I would recommend that you go with whatever makes you feel better physically.

Anyway, I don't have much to report other than I've lost five pounds! About darned time. Getting the weight off is so much harder this time around for some reason. Maybe it's because even though I've gained, I haven't been eating a bunch of crap for the past three years. My eating habits are so much better, so the weight isn't melting off like it did the first time. Or, I'm just a dork and I have no clue what I'm talking about. Either way, happy!
    Well done meegs and utopiastars!

I've now lost 13 pounds!! One pound away from my target of losing a stone. I'm not sure what I'll do when I reach it. I'll be off to university pretty much when I reach my goal so eating habits will change majorly. I just hope I don't put it all back on! I shouldn't coz I'll be busy.

Anyways keep going everyone :)
    UK curly, 2C/3A

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I havent' been checking in; I also haven't bothered to track my food on SP either, but I know I've been okay. Unfortunately, AF is in town this week and so I'm staying away from the scale :) Clothes keep getting looser, so that's great...

I have not been eating as well as before here lately; I don't know what it is... part of it is the cooler weather I'm pretty sure. In the summer I want raw fresh foods, lots of fruits and veggies. When the weather cools down I get anxious for some heavier stuff... Today has been:

Breakfast:
    1 piece whole grain toast with 1 T natural pb
    1 medium banana

Lunch:
    1 can tuna (canned in water) with 1 T mayo on whole wheat

That's it so far :? Dinner is probably going to be 3 oz. chicken breast, some baked beans (been having a craving for forever now), mashed potatoes and green beans.

Like I said, not the best nutrition wise, although not bad either, but hey, it's "that time" so give me a break :D Plus, calories and all are fine - right around 1200 after dinner.

I will start trying to post more; I need to get un-lazy :)

I hope everyone is doing well!
    DPTFm5.png
    My nutritionist seems to be convinced I'm a reactive hypoglycemic, meaning my fasting levels are fine, but I have issues with insulin and glycogen release. She gave me more extend bars, and I'm supposed to order more. I should be eating every 2-2.5 hours no matter how I feel. She also said perhaps my body needs more fuel, but she really sees a difference in the way I look at food and eating. She weighed me today, and I was 128.5, though she said 129, so whichever. That scale is typically 2-3 pounds more than my home scale, which puts me in the 126, 127 range... meaning I've gained 1-2 pounds. There are several explanations for this that don't include actual gain (period, water retention from not drinking enough, etc.), so I'm not freaking. Maybe I do need to eat more, and I'm back in starvation mode. Maybe it's body shock from eating 2000 over the weekend. Who knows. I'm having a hard time caring. I'm also really weepy, and this does tend to happen around my period, but it didn't last month. Whether it's just me being seriously stressed or hormones or something, I don't know. There are some emotional things that I'm killer at ignoring, so that could be it. I nearly broke down in bio today and walked out. Looking through microscopes physically makes me ill (headache, dizzy, and I see lights out of my left eye from a medication and this only agitates the issue), I couldn't get the lab done because I was feeling worse as time went by, there were too many people and not enough supplies, and I just walked out and literally could not hold back the tears. I e-mailed my TA to see if there's an alternative to using the microscope, because it really doesn't get along with me. I'm feeling a mess and a half. But on the bright side, I've been comfortable with my body. Usual calories, usual food. I did make fish for tonight, though. Haddock with ranch dressing and seasoned sliced almonds on top. It wasn't bad, but I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach today, so it wasn't the best. But that's enough moping. Congrats on the great work, everyone!
    Under construction.
    ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Befrizzled!! Sorry to hear about all of that. I'm glad to hear you've felt comfortable with your body and that your nutrionist can see a diff. in how you feel about food and eating, but sorry to hear about the hypoglycemia. I'm sure some of it is stress, as well as it being that time of the month. Hope you're holding up okay!!!

I dared to get on the scale this morning and it was down 2 1/2 more pounds, for a grand total of 24. Woo-hoo. THat puts me about 1/3 of the way through now... I still want to lose around 50 pounds, but at least I'm getting closer. Hopefully when AF heads on out it will drop some more, but I won't hold my breath :lol:

Hope everyone's doing well :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Aww, hugs Befrizzled :(. Hope things get less stressful soon.

Yay Rheanna! 24 pounds :shock: . V v impressed!

I decided this morning to raid the photo albums/computer files again (did it yesterday for hair journey) to make a weight-loss journey thing on fotki. I won't post it till I reach my goal (0.75 pound to go...) but wow has it made me feel better. With losing slowly I haven't really been noticing any difference since coming back after the three week holiday. But looking at how I was before compared to how I am now :shock: .

What's weird is I don't think I ever realised just how bad it was. I always just thought I was normal but could do with losing a couple of pounds maybe. But in 'before' photos I look a lot worse than I thought I did. The passport photo I took earlier this year too. Ugh. Plus I was in danger of getting worse I think. People ate a whole load of rubbish at school: pain au chocolat for breakfast, biscuits all day, pot noodle for lunch etc. And I was starting to copy. Or I'd try not to so just eat my healthy-ish lunch early when I was hungry. So then I'd be hungry again when I got home from school and carefully sneak a kitkat away from the kitchen without mum seeing. And then maybe another one after tea.

Gosh I'm glad I decided to change. And left school. Anyways I'll let you guys know when I post the fotki thing :)
    UK curly, 2C/3A

woops, accidental post
    UK curly, 2C/3A

Pretty good weekend. Went over to my parents' house for dinner + a little football kickoff party on Sunday. I think I did a good job. I ate some of the munchies, but I stopped once I was full. I probably ate one too many slices of my mom's banana cake, but it was made with applesauce and pureed cottage cheese in place of almost all the fat, so I didn't feel too bad. It was delicious too! Ah, the perks of having a licensed personal trainer for a mom. Plus, she sent me home with a bunch of good stuff...meatloaf made with a bunch of veggies, lowfat chili, and--of course--more banana cake. Today I had some of the meatloaf, corn (nuked from frozen) and piece of banana cake for lunch. My weight has been fluctuating between 45-46 pounds lost, so we'll call it 45.5.

Workouts have been going equally good. This week, I am up to 16 min running/4 min walking. Baring injury or other unforeseen obstacles, I see absolutely no reason why I won't make my 20 minute goal by the first of October. I felt really great this past week. It's almost tempting to just jump ahead to the 20 minutes now. But I'm forcing myself to hold back, reminding myself that I'll be better off in the long run (ha!). Slow and steady wins the race, and all that.

I'm actually considering giving up counting calories for a while. I mean, I won't give it up totally. I'll still be keeping track of what I eat, and I'll always have a general idea of what I'm eating, just because all the numbers are so ingrained in my mind. But I'm thinking I might try a new approach. Basically, I'd watch portion sizes, keep trying to make healthy (or at least healthier) choices, and stop eating once I'm full. Continue to focus on my workouts, and monitor my weight closely. If it starts going up or stalls, then maybe I need to go back to counting calories more closely. But as long as the number keeps going down at ~1 lb/week, then I'll just go with it.

I kind of like the idea, but I'm such a control freak, so it's hard.
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
    Sorry for the overemotional last post. This month is fairly rough.. Leading up to 9/11, you're bombarded with imaged of death, but what gets me are the kids who talk about losing a parent. Tomorrow, 9/12 would have been my dad's birthday. He would have been 50, so it's the big number. Brutal day. Friday is my birthday, and I'll be 20--I was 10 when he died, so I'm getting closer and closer to the day where I'll have lived more than half my life without him, and the thought terrifies me and just rips me apart. Last year at this time, I left school to go watch my grandmother die in hospice, during which I was admitted for a cellulitis/staph infection (I was discharged the day she died), and then a week later, I was diagnosed with mono as well.. missed 5 weeks of school, dropped 2 classes, managed to still pull off a 4.0 in the other 3. I also entered the worst phase of my eating disorder for about 3 months around this time. It was just truly hellish, and I'm feeling emotionally overwhelmed. Starving was my coping mechanism, and now that I don't have that, all I do is cry. I'm not depressed, I'm just trying to figure out how to cope with everything in a healthy way. That said, I'm seeing my shrink tomorrow. And I'm still eating. I took my measurements today, and it appears I've lost some (not necessarily inchES, but something) since getting here. I'm closer to my goal, but fearing losing too much in areas I don't want to. Not being able to spot reduce is a pain. There are some places, my broadest places, where I literally cannot afford to lose anything, and would prefer to gain some there, actually. I don't think I have the body type that can be thin. It's disappointing. Once I get home and check out my weight, I may consider upping my calories. I'm under the BMR for both my "goal" weight and my current weight (or what it was, anyway)--and that's for an inactive person, but that's the range SP gave me. I'm not nearly as active as I used to be, but I'm least somewhat active. If I hunch over, I can feel separate vertebrae and it gives me the creeps. However, I've still got the same ole pooch I've always had. I think my arms are smaller, too. I'm feeling fragile and vulnerable at this size, although my body confidence has shot through the roof. I've just never been this small. I look around, and I'm no longer feeling like the biggest girl in the room or the least fit, etc. I'm feeling more and more like I have a great body, at least when my stomach is in, and it's in less than it used to have to be (I think I've lost about an inch off my lower abs, on a good day). I'm down to wanting to lose about another inch-1.5 inches (2 on a bad day), which is why I'm considering upping my calories. I don't want to lose it elsewhere and I want to try and monitor what's going on. For the first time, I'm scared of being "too small" for my comfort zone (everywhere else except my lower abs, it seems). I get a scale back in less than 2 weeks, so I'll see what I'm working with as far as numbers go. So I've been eating on the higher end of my range, usually upper 1400s, low 1500s. I bought a size small jacket the other day, and I'm so happy. I'm close enough to my goal where I don't freak out anymore about my body. I'd like to reach my goal, but I know I'm within the general vicinity, and that's enough to keep me happy right now.

I'm also wondering whether increasing my calories will lessen the hypoglycemic symptoms. I hate having to plan my day around when I can get 5 minutes in to eat something quick. However, havig to eat or else not being able to function has seriously lowered my fear of eating in front of other people. I have to, or I can't do anything. Also, feeling small has helped. The smaller I am, the less self conscious I am about eating. Crazy talk, I know, but it's working. I no longer consider myself a someone who actively has an eating disorder. I'm finally in recovery. I still depend on numbers too much to be recovered, if there is such a thing, but I'm finally on the way. What a relief. :)
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled, I am so so sorry to hear about all that is going on with you! What a stressful and sad time this is for you. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hope you're doing okay today.... Lots of hugs coming your way! Feel free to PM or email me if you need to talk ok? I know you feel overwhelmed and sad right now, and it's completely understandable. Try to be glad, however, that you are healthier than you were a year ago at this time. Stronger and healthier, with more self esteem! (((((HUGS)))))
    DPTFm5.png
    Oh yeah, my food and stuff. I'm dead tired at the moment so I'm gonna take a moment and post it and then I may get in bed. Very, very early for me, but I was up till after 6 am last night :shock: And back up at 10, sooo :)

I don't really feel like posting every thing I've had for days, so here's my cals.... I'll go back a few days because I'm too lazy to look and see when I last posted :P

Friday 9/8 - 2028 oops, but still okay
    Saturday 9/9 - 2131 (damn weekends!)
    Sunday 9/10 - 1591
    Monday 9/11 - 1546
    Tuesday 9/12 - 1676

So, still on track pretty well! I'm hoping for a loss. I last weighed in on Friday officially, but weighed in this afternoon in jeans on a not completely empty stomach and weighed only 1 1/2 pounds more than what I weighed Friday with an empty stomach, in the morning, and nekkid :) So that's good. Plus, I got to (FINALLY) take out one of the 4!! :shock: garbage bags from a closet of clothes that did not fit. I emptied it and can wear 80% of the clothes in it - about 1-2 sizes smaller than my other clothes. I spent a couple hours last Sunday putting away summer clothes (so I can get them back out on 90-degree days we'll have for the next 2 months! lol) and bagging up the items that are just way too big now. So that was exciting. I think that I *may* actually be able to do this now..... I don't even feel like I'm really dieting that much anymore, just more or less being sensible. My stomach has shrunken a lot, I can't hold nearly as much as I could before, and I find I really don't want "bad" stuff as often... So I'm happy with that. I actually feel like even though I'm overweight still, I'm eating like a thin person.... probably for the first time in my life! Does that make any sense at all? :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Befrizzled, I am so so sorry to hear about all that is going on with you! What a stressful and sad time this is for you. I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hope you're doing okay today.... Lots of hugs coming your way! Feel free to PM or email me if you need to talk ok? I know you feel overwhelmed and sad right now, and it's completely understandable. Try to be glad, however, that you are healthier than you were a year ago at this time. Stronger and healthier, with more self esteem! (((((HUGS)))))

Thanks so much. :D I'm actually a lot more relaxed right now. I get so stuck in my own head that sometimes it's hard to see that there are options and what I'm actually doing to myself. My therapist is awesome, and he's really great at helping me get things back into perspective. I heard the words I've been working for over a year to hear: You're ready. That's what he said to me when I walked into his office a wreck and a half and told him everything that's going on. I'm finally ready to start making the big changes. I'm ready to tackle all the issues I've buried since my father died. It seems like all of my issues, from approval to overachieving go back to his death, though we can't figure out what the bridge is yet, but I know there is one. Funny thing, since I used to deny his death had a huge effect on me. I know I'm about to wreak emotional havoc on myself, and he asked if this was the right time in my life to do that, but frankly, if I don't, I'm going to know I'm just on the verge of learning so much about myself and getting past it, but I won't be doing anything about it, so that'll drive me nuts. And I can't go on crying all the dang time. He says he knows it sucks and that I feel like crap, but GOOD. This is stuff I've denied feeling, pretended wasn't there, since I was 10 years old. It's a GOOD thing that I can feel it now. It means I've worked through the stuff covering it up, not completely, but enough to get to the real issues. I'm relieved. And going to stop the manic "sprinting" through my life. I'm going to ease up on the strict homework schedule. Weekends are for catching up. I don't have to stress out during the week. I'll read what I have time for, I won't make it a goal to finish every assignment by the end of the day. Haha, speaking of, I totally forgot I have a 1.5 page reflection due tomorrow. I'm going to get on that and get to bed. Been doing well with food, keeping in the upper range, varying things up. Good times. Conrgats on the great work everyone!
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled, sounds like you're doing great then, in dealing with all those issues. I'm really happy for you :) And just in case I don't talk to you before then, HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! :D You get to say goodbye to the teenage years!

I cheated and weighed in today now that AF is long gone and the scale said down 3 1/2 pounds from Friday, which I didn't believe. So I ended up on the scale 4 more times in quick succession, and all the times but one it said so. The other time was 1 1/2 pounds higher, which is still 2 pounds down, so I'll take it. That's what I'm going with right now! Ha. That makes me a total of 26 pounds, which is very exciting for me. Especially considering that I'm sitting here in my old favorite pair of pajama pants from Old Navy that hadn't fit in FOREVER! Yay... Sorry for the shameless brag! :lol:
    DPTFm5.png
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Newbie here. I've been trying to avoid this thread but it will keep popping up in the new threads post...

My health club closed for renovations and won't open until Saturday, so - no exercise since 7/17. I will definitely be back on Sat. It was a nice break!

My nutritionist adjusted my food plan, but I did not exactly adjust my eating, so I gained 4 lbs. Pushed Monday meeting with nutritionist out a week in the hope of some good news. but I'm prone to stress-eating, not to0 bad, but between that and the workout moratorium, not good. At least I can tell her I worked out :)

Today 9/13
    Breakfast: South Beach breakfast burrito and a large dunkin donuts coffe w/milk - did good.

Lunch - company ordered in Bertucci's & there was no salad by the time I got to the conference room, so -- around 1.5 servings of pasta/peppers, one meatball and a few chicken strips. Sugar-free iced tea. I did not eat what was on my plan.

Snack - company next door invited us to an "ice cream social". 2 med. servings :evil: Snack maximum is 180 calories, uhh -- did I go over???

About 5pm - one Bertucci's role.

Dinner - did good. Stopped at fresh city for salad bar, added 3 oz of grilled chicken, fat-free dressing and 3 oz. glass of white wine.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Welcome to the thread Karen :D
    DPTFm5.png
    Good luck with everything Befrizzled :). Wishing you the best.

Hi Karen!

Well, I did it... I lost a stone!!!! :D

Finally! The last couple of weeks I've been up and down but I finally made it under my goal of 8st 11. Yay!

What's rubbishy though is yesterday we went to visit the uni I'm going to and Dad took some video and we watched it last night. And I still look huge :(. To my eyes anyway. I think part of the problem is I still have a very round face. I think maybe a better haircut would help with this but I'm avoiding hairdressers until I get CG sorted. Also my backside is still enormous compared to the rest of me which makes me look awful from behind. Ugh.

But I'm going to focus on the positives. I look a lot better than I did. I'm a lot fitter than I was. And anyways, there's more to life than looking perfect! :)
    UK curly, 2C/3A

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I learned about Weight Watchers online plan, and signed up yesterday for a free trial. It's a little confusing, but hopefully it helps. I had to weigh myself (gulp). This not exercising for 8 weeks has done a job on my weight. Club re-opened yesterday. I commit to getting off my butt and driving the 2 miles and doing a 1/2 hour cardio. See my nutritionist on Tuesday.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    curlyorwavy, don't be so hard on yourself :) You've accomplished a lot, and I'm sure it's very noticeable. We're always our own worst critics! Congrats on your weight loss!!

Karen, congrats on joining WW and getting back into exercising! :D

Everyone else, hope you're all doing well. This thread has died down a lot, but I don't think it's because we've started slacking, just everyone's been busier, etc! :D

I need to work on eating more fruits and veggies like I was a month or so ago. Once it starts to cool down, I honestly want heavier stuff and less fresh stuff... I guess that's pretty typical, but I still need to make it a point to get enough of those in each day! I havent' entered my food for a couple days; yesterday was kind of a free day, but I didn't overeat - just not the best choices. I'm *guessing* around 2000 calories tops, so that's not too bad. Friday was about the same. Today so far all I've had is some instant oatmeal, a banana, and part of aleftover fajita for lunch, so it's been okay so far.

Just thought I'd check in and say hello everyone!
    DPTFm5.png
    Thanks for the birthday wishes and support, ladies. :)
    Things are much better now. I got to chill this weekend with my boyfriend, so it was a nice break from the stresses of school and work. I tried on some clothes that were a little snug about a month ago, and they fit (if not loose) now. So, whatever the scale says when I get home, I know I've lost fat. I'm not at my goal yet, but I'm starting to plan for it. I'm trying to psych myself up for adding more calories in the future, probably sooner than later. I've still got the pooch I wanted to get rid of, not so much when my stomach is in, but I'd like another inch+ gone when my stomach is out, though it has been shrinking. I know you can't spot lose weight, but what exercises can I do to tone my lower abs? If I can tone up there, it might help tighten up the general area and flatten me out/shape me. I'll have to make another appt with my nutritionist within two months, I'm sure, to help me sort out maintenance. My boyfriend took more pics of me this weekend (not wearing enough clothing to post pics, though I am clothed :lol: ) and my body looked so nice. I'm absolutely in love with the pictures, and while I still don't see that body when I look in the mirror, I'm keeping the pictures in my head. I know where my problem is: I look at my pooch in relation to the rest of me and only me, so of course, the pooch is in the front of my rear, so I look round there, instead of looking at my body as a whole and realizing I am quite small and my pooch is bigger than the rest, but not huge. I'm singling out the bigger parts instead of looking at me as a whole. When I look at my body against a background instead of just my body, I see a much smaller me than when I focuse on my body. It helps to look at the mirror far away instead of up close. So that's the progress/realizations I've made recently.

I'm cooking ahead to make sure I have healthy dinners on hand all the time. I'm working late tomorrow night, right after a class (class is at 5:15, imagine I'll leave 25-35 minutes earlier to catch a bus, and then I work from 6:30-10), so I'll have to eat an extend bar before work to make sure I'm good for it. It's a HUGE event, very important, so I can't just skip out to eat if I can help it. I'm also one of the managers for the event, so even moreso, I've got to be there. I haven't been feeling well, which surprisingly supresses the hypoglycemic symptoms, so I can go longer periods without eating, so hopefully that'll help.

That's a long post. I'm headed to bed. Have a good night, ladies. :)
    Under construction.
    Hi Ladies. Long time no talk.

Things are going good as usual. I'm at about 46.5ish pounds down. Yesterday, I weighed myself and I was 47.5 down. I'm not trusting that just yet though. The 46.5 is more in line with my usual pound a week loss. But it would be nice if it sticks! I'm holding steady at about 1600 calories, with a few extra here and there. In particular, I let myself go above that on weekends. It's a jump from 1400-1500 (plus a little more on weekends), which is what I had been doing before. I'm not yet confident enough to go with my plan to stop counting calories, but that might still be in the future.

This week I'll be up to intervals of 18 min running/2 min walking. I plan to stay at this level for next week as well, then move to 20 consecutive minutes of running first week of October. IOW, I'm still on track for my goal. I'm already planning my next goal. I'm thinking working up to 30 minutes by the end of the year. That lets me sit at 20 minutes for a few weeks, then add about 1 minute a week through the end of the year. Still deliberately going much slower and steadier than I think I probably need to, but maybe once I hit 30 minutes I'll take the training wheels off. I did 4 days of cardio last week, and 2 days of weight training (well, more like 1.5 since I had to abbreviate my workout one day). Right on target.

Went shopping with a friend on Saturday and was marvelling at how far I've come. It's great to really enjoy clothes shopping again. I'm still not where I need to be, but super-pleased with what I've accomplished so far.

As always, good going everyone else. Mucho congrats curlyorwavy on hitting your goal. And special hugs to Befrizzled. Hope this week continues going better for you. Everyone: keep it up!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file