The donut-lovin', pie-eatin' weight loss support thread

Comments

• BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Curlyorwavy-- just let me know. :) My first year I was in a dorm with a dining hall, and last year (and this coming one), I was in an apartment and had to fend for myself. I didn't always have time to cook a lot, so I've got some quick and easy staples.
    Under construction.
    Today:
    lower strength training, no cardio, no time. 1 AP earned.

B: the usual = 4 pts

L: oatmeal = 2 pts
    nectarine = 1 pt

S: cookie = 2 pts
    cereal = 1 pt
    nectarine = 1 pt

D: we went out. amazing food. Many guestimates, but I didn't eat everything I counted in hopes of making up for poor calculations. I was generous with the amounts of the things I couldn't measure, just to make sure I was counting them. Either way, I've got enough cals left that if I didn't count enough, which I'm sure isn't the case, I'm still safe.

mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, angel hair, truffle oil = 4 pts
    little toast things with a blue cheese souffle = 2 pts
    tuna (3 oz) = 3 pts
    1/4 cup rice = 1 pt
    green beans (6) = 0 pts
    creme brulee = 5 pts

total= 26 points, 1394 cals.

I'm actually a bit hungry now, but I know I'm going to bed soon, so I'll stick with water. I've been running around today and packing and such. I have more packing to do tonight, and tomorrow will be crazy as it's my last day home. I did get a haircut today, and it's looking really great. I even took a decent looking license pic today. And that's my excitement. Hope everyone had a great day!
    Under construction.
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Hi all! Today I'm really low.. I don't know why. I came in yesterday at 1389, so a low day too. Today I'm only at 1096 so far, and not hungry. But I'll be up atleast 4 more hours, so I'll get hungry again I'm sure.

Breakfast:
    1 biscuit
    a little bit of gravy (yum - good ol' southern heart attacks)
    1 piece sausage
    Coffee

Snack:
    Low fat string cheese

Dinner/Lunch?:
    Subway club on wheat with light mayo and cheese (6 inch of course)
    WOW Doriotos (2/3 pack)
    Diet Coke

That's it :)
    DPTFm5.png
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey guys

It's the second choice university so I'll have to make my own food. Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks! :)
    UK curly, 2C/3A
    CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!
    Hey guys

It's the second choice university so I'll have to make my own food. Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks! :)

Microwaveable veggie burgers are amazing. You can put them on buns, bread, english muffins, whatever. You can also shred them with a fork or knife and put them in a tortilla with salsa and cheese or anything else you may like.

Egg beaters = healthy and easy cleanup (no shells!). You can make omelets, egg sandwiches in the morning, or just your plain scrambled eggs.

Oatmeal. It's filling and super fast.

You can make your own pizza using tortillas or pitas. Just put sauce, cheese and toppings on top and bake it until you like the way it looks, lol.

Stir fry is also really easy and pretty fast.

I prefer cooking fish to chicken, but that's only because you have to clean chicken and fish only needs a rinse. :wink: I just put some seasonings on it and bake it. Rice is an easy side, and so are steamed veggies.

Pasta is always reliable. Bottled sauce is easy and usually pretty good.

I always have granola bars on hand for snacks during the day, and yogurt is always a good option, too, even for breakfast if you're short on time. Cereal is good for that, too.

Oh yeah, microwaveable hot dogs. Enough said.

Ramen noodles/soup, easy mac, frozen dinners are good to have on hand for a late night or when you don't have the time to really cook. Just be careful on the sodium and calories in frozen dinners--some are really high, but you can usually find healthier ones.

Deli meat from the supermarket is good. Sandwiches are easy and clean and can be taken to school if you won't be back near your room for lunch or something.

Canned tuna = sandwiches, put it in a big salad, eat it plain.. very versatile. One of my faves.

Canned soup is good (I made chicken soup from scratch one night, and that was better, but it took tiiiiiime), just watch the sodium.

FRUIT! Keep lots on hand. Apples are my staple. I had at least one a day last year.
    And veggies. You can cut up some cucumber and carrots (baby ones are my choice) and dip it in a dressing (I use light/FF ranch) for a snack during the day.

I have a doctor's appt, so I have to run, but if I think of more, I'll add them!
    Under construction.
    Last night I got a tad bit hungry later, so I had a bowl of cornflakes, 1/2 banana and milk. Came in around 1400.

Today... ugh, I'm really stressed and have some family issues going on, so I didn't eat the best.

Breakfast:
    1 1/2 egg, 2T 2% cheese, spinach
    2 slices bacon (center cut)

Lunch:
    Sonic grilled chicken wrap - I should have just gotten a small burger; it would've been less!
    Small order of tater tots (oops)

Dinner:
    2 oz lean pork tenderloin
    3/4 cup wild rice
    Brocolli

Snack:
    1 piece cake
    Ice cream

Due to the sonic and the snack, I came in around 2000 calories, but its okay. At least breakfast adn dinner weren't awful too I guess, lol.
    DPTFm5.png
    Okey doke. Weight in day today: 125.0. That's been my weight goal since I was 12, so I'm super pleased. I had figured my body would be "done" at this weight, but this is not quite so. However, I'm working on it, and feeling good. Today's my last day with a scale for over a month. I toyed with bringing one this morning, but decided against it. I'll focus on my body for the next month.

Yesterday: no gym, but a whole lot of walking and packing. I gave myself 1 AP earned, but I know I burned more.

B: the usual = 4 pts

S: cereal = 2 pts
    ice cream = 2 pts
    kashi caramel chocolate = 2 pts

D: 6 oz. lamb (skipped lunch and was starving after shopping/errands) = 12 pts

S: salad w. maytag blue cheese = 3 pts
    pickle = 0 pts
    candy = 4 pts

total = 29 points, 1460 calories

Headed back to school shortly, so I'l be doing a TON of moving/unpacking/general activity. AND I get to see my boyfriend for the first time in about 2 months. Goooood times. :D

If I'm not on for a while (but I usually find the time), have a great weekend!
    Under construction.
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Hi Ladies!

Things are going pretty well here for me. Went out for drinks last night, but I think I did pretty well. I held firm to the 1 drink limit I set for myself, and then just drank water the rest of the evening. Hey, it's not the most exciting thing, but I got to hang out and I avoided the giant empty calorie trap that is alcohol. Plus, the dehydrating effects of alcohol always make me retain water and so the scale looks very scary the next day. I stayed really well hydryated yesterday, so I'm hoping I won't see a big jump today. I mooched a few french fries, but that was it. I'm very pleased with myself! :D

Workouts have been going well. I think next week I'm going to go to 12 minutes running (along w/ my normal walking). This will be challenging for several reasons. If I can make it through next week without dying, I might just hold the line at 12 for another week, leaving me with about 4 more weeks to add 8 more minutes. I think it can be done. But if I can't, then that's fine. I'll just keep on. Weight training has been going well this week too. In the past, when I've tried to run, my knees have given me problems, but my dedication to my quad-strengthening exercises has paid off this time. And I'm sure that the 40+ extra pounds my legs no longer have to support doesn't hurt either.

Been having lots of random cravings this week. I think I'm going to pick up a few induglences for this weekend, but keep a close eye on my calories so I don't get too far up there. Other than my Monday and Thursday nights out, I've been pretty strict this week, which was my plan since I knew I'd have a little extra those two nights.

Overall, this has been quite a week. I think, for once, my diet and exercise has actually been one of the better parts of my week. I'm just really looking forward to a nice, relatively quiet weekend.

Befrizzled--lots of good meal suggestions there! I might poach a few of them myself, even though I'm a few years post-college (side note: I was on campus yesterday for my last class until fall quarter [I'm working on my MA], and they were holding some orientation for incoming freshman. I swear that the freshman get younger every year. I honestly don't feel that I'm getting older. I feel that they're getting younger. Too funny, huh?) I was thinking earlier this week that a veggie burger would hit the spot, but I never thought of shredding them like you suggested. I'm thinking of picking up a box for next week; I might just try that. Oh, and major congrats on reaching your goal!

Rheanna (and everyone else!)--keep it up. You're really going great.
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Okay, today was a blah day. I overslept, then had to stick around in the office all day waiting for phone calls.

Breakfast - Egg and cheese on an English muffin, water

Lunch - Six pieces of assorted fish and shrimp in a basket. I dumped the potato wedges and had a serving of goldfish crackers instead. Sobe energy drink, water.

Snack - none, but I might grab some baby carrots.

Dinner - yet to be decided :)

During my trip to Seattle over the weekend, I had a slice of pizza. :o It tasted so much better than the crap they make here in town, and DEFINITELY better than the Lean Cuisine pizza I usually microwave for myself. We ate mainly at fast food joints because it was cheap and easy, but we only ate twice a day and I kept my choices as healthy as possible.

Bad local food is a good incentive to not get takeout. I have to say, though, a couple of weeks ago we went to get breakfast at a small diner here, and it was SO hard to fight my craving for biscuits and country gravy!

I was a good girl, had an omelet with Egg Beaters, dry whole wheat toast and applesauce. Then Aaron got some gravy on his hashbrowns and made me jealous. :x He makes sure I eat boring, non-fattening stuff, and instead gets the good stuff for himself. Jerkface. :lol: He's paying for it, though, which fills me with a kind of malicious glee because he used to be able to eat anything and everything and not gain a pound. Muahahahah! :twisted:
    Meegs- I went out and bought veggie burgers and tortillas yesterday, but I won't have a microwave for a bit as my roomie hasn't moved in yet. I may stick one in the oven today; I'm seriously craving it!

The 18th: I'll spare you all the details, but I had 25 points and 1368 calories. I was really active, as I unpacked and unpacked and.. unpacked. It's probably a little low for being so active, but there just wasn't time for food (I got most of it in at night).

The 19th: 26 points, 1219 calories. Active again yesterday (ropes course for training for work, shopping, unpacking), so I had 3 AP earned. Again, a little low, but there was a fear of eating in front of others/not interested in the food offered ordeal. I can eat now, I just have to get better with being a freak about it.

I bought two fitness DVDs yesterday: Karen Voight's Get Firm Fast (though I'm not interested in the fast so much as I am the firm) and Calorie Burn. I'm considering Leisa Hart's Gym in a Box. Has anyone tried this?

I went grocery shopping yesterday, but I'm still seriously lacking in food. I have staples, but nothing to cook for dinners, other than pasta and veggie burgers. I'll have to plan out my meals at the beginning of the week (every week as a ritual) so I can go shopping then and have what I need.

My boyfriend keeps saying how much leaner, more toned/fit I am. I see myself everyday, so it's harder to see changes, but he hasn't seen me in two months. I'm loving it. :)

I was totally comfortable with my body yesterday at the ropes course. I wore short sleeves in front of my peers for the first time in a VERY long time, AND I did not have a cover up (sweater/sweatshirt) on (or with me--I was testing myself and knew if I had it, I'd use it--especially since it was cold at the ropes course! But I adapted.) for the first time in forever, maybe ever. It was amazing. :D

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
    Under construction.
    YAY for befrizzled! Wooooooo! I'm so happy for you. :) And reading your posts actually makes me miss college a lot, haha.

I've been extremely sluggish and tired lately, which I've decided to blame on my monthly visitor. I hate you, uterus.

Still plodding along, eating as best I can. I'm contemplating trying a variation of the South Beach diet- just cutting carbs. I need to read more into it first. It'll probably make me crazy to begin with, because I LOOOOOVE carbs, but I'm fairly certain that that's what's causing my body to hold onto extra weight. Those evil, tasty carbs.

I fell asleep at my desk yesterday. If I can keep from doing that again today, I'll consider it a major accomplishment.
    Hey all! My food/weight has taken the back burner the last few days because of family and stress, but when I went back and entered things, most was okay. I haven't made the best choices, BUT I haven't eaten much either. My elliptical - ugh... Jeff took i apart and a pulley had broken, so instead of taking it back, we ordered the replacement part. The part was like 30 bucks, but the freakin shipping from Utah to Kentucky for 8-10 days was $23!! Is that not insane? Tell me they're not making a ton on that. But I have to find some way to get in my exercise this week even though it won't be as many calories burned. It's just been so hot and humid.

Anyhow, Thursday was around 2000 calories, I don't remember wht I had Friday and I didn't enter it. Yesterday was as follows:

Breakfast:
    None

Lunch:
    1/2 can chicken noodle healthy request, 10 saltines
    1/2 serving lean ham, 1 piece 2% cheese, 1 T mayo on whole wheat

Snack:
    String cheese

Dinner:
    Arbys but I got a kids meal - jr. roast beef, small curly fries

Snack:
    Ice cream (not low fat, regular)

Total was under 1500 for the day. I've not had much of an appetite, and if I had made good choices, it wuold have been super low I suppose. This is odd though; usually stress makes me eat more but now it's making me eat less, which I prefer I believe! :lol:

Today so far is as follows:

Breakfast:
    1/2 serving lean ham, 1 egg, 1 slice 2% on whole wheat
    Coffee with lite creamer, splenda

Snack:
    A couple bites of pineapple

Dinner(will be:)
    Ground ground and light ragu, whole wheat pasta spaghetti
    Maybe a small piece of homemade garlic bread
    Salad

I'm only around 1000 including dinner, but I'll get hungry again later and will probably have some fruit and probably some light popcorn when we watch a movie together later....

Utopiastars, if you go back many pages when this thread was just a little lad :) you'll find something I posted about carb cycling. If you love carbs and think they're affecting you, that may be something to try. Basically you do one low carb day, then a high carb. The idea is that it has the basic benefits of a low carb, without all the torment, anguish, and cravings! :lol: Plus, the difference between the two days supposedly keeps you body guessing and your metabolism going strong. I really should do this, because I drop some seriously crazy weight when I do low carb, but I can't stick with it... Hope this helps; if you want more info, let me know and I'll try to find it again.

Have a great Monday all! Will check in again tomorrow evening.
    DPTFm5.png
    Thank you thank you thank you Befrizzled! Sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes, I think I'll be living off tinned tuna and pasta quite a lot. That's what we do when camping and I quite like it :). Will be sure to investigate stir frys: have never made/had one before. And making pizza sounds fun!
    Am going to try and plan out my time left before uni so I can practice cooking. Will let you guys know how it goes...!

Ooh and congrats on meeting you goal! V pleased for you!

Ugh yesterday was an awful day foodwise. Breakfast and lunch were fine, though did have small piece flapjack at lunch. But then I went round to a friends house for a barbeque. I tried to be good: no roll with sausage, no icecream etc but someone put a packet of crisps and dip in front of me... At least I don't drink so I wasn't taking in calories as fast as everyone else!
    Anyways am making up for it today. Breakfast: small bowl rice crispies and have just done exercise video. Planning small lunch aka yoghurt...
    UK curly, 2C/3A

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    Still very little appetite, so I didn't eat again yesterday except for some frozen yogurt. I also didn't have salad because I didn't want it, and I had less spaghetti than I entered. I was around 1150 for the days total, which is pretty low for me. It's also strange that I had dinner at 6-something, was up till 4, and didn't eat anything else. But I can't exactly say I'm complaining.

I was down another pound today so I'm glad about that!

Breakfast:
    1 scrambled egg
    1 piece of toast
    2/3 my cup of coffee with lite creamer, splenda

Lunch:
    1 small apple, although I couldn't eat the entire thing. Go figure.

Dinner:
    1/2 bag (1 serving) of a Stouffer's Skillet Meal

Snack:
    String cheese

And that's it. That's less than 750 calories, so I'll have to eat something else later, and I will edit that in tonight, or tomorrow. I cant' imagine getting hungry again as it took about 8 1/2 hours from breakfast till now to eat dinner. My appetite is just plain gone.

OK, Its now 2 am and I'm in at 818 cals. Hummm... I am truley just not hungry, so I'm not gonna force myself to eat anything else. I know this is insane, but I see no reason to eat if I'm not hungry. Was thinking of doing carb cycling this week to see how it goes, so tomorrow I am entertaining the idea of eating low carb. If I do, it will be as follows:

Breakfast:
    2 eggs with spinach, turkey bacon, and shredded 2% cheese
    Coffee

Snack:
    String cheese
    Almonds
    Apple (small)

Dinner:
    Chicken breast (grilled or baked)
    Salad with ranch
    Maybe some brocolli

That's not totally low carb, but it's fairly so.... I don' tknow if I can give up the fruits and veggies though and do a true "Induction" phase type Atkins.... But I'll give the no breads/grains/pastas/sweets/potatoes a try every other day this week. I feel like this weight is coming off too slow, grrrr....
    DPTFm5.png
    I ate like crap today. The only good thing I did was stick to lots of water, except for one small cup of coffee I had first thing this morning.

I'm crampy and bloated and tired and I just want some freaking ice cream. :lol:
    Utopia, it's okay to have a bad day!!! And if it's that time, geez, it's EXPECTED! You're too hard on yourself :) If you want ice cream, have some. You will not gain a hundred pounds, nor will it screw you up or throw you off forever. You have to indulge yourself every now and then! As long as it's not every day, all day, you'll be okay. Losing weight is hard, and you can't expect to go the rest of your life without having anything you want, that's bad, or high in calories/fat/carbs (or in all, like ice cream is, hehe).

Chin UP!! :) Hope you get to feeling better. Have a little ice cream and hit the couch for awhile; you'll feel better.
    DPTFm5.png
    Hey Ladies!

Things are going pretty well. Last week was my best week for working out since school started back up and almost every last second of my free time went bye-bye. I did 4 days of cardio and 2 days of weight training! Woo hoo! Ate a little more than I would have liked over the weekend, but didn't do too bad when all was said and done. I lost pretty close to another pound last week. My weight is fluctuating by a half pound or so, so we'll call it 3/4 of a pound. Overall, since I came off my last plateau a week or two after 4th of July, my weight loss has been pretty consistent. I've lost right about 6-6.5 pounds in those 6-ish weeks.

Workouts are still going good. I'm up to 12 minutes of running in my quest to hit 20 by October 1 (well, really October 2 since that's a Monday and I plan my workout weeks as Mon-Sun...but the spirit of the goal is "by the beginning of October"). I do have a touch of plantar fasciitis in my left foot, but I've been diligent about my stretching and exercises for that tendon, and today is the best it's felt in a few weeks! I'm going to try some ice massage too. How about that? I have a real, live athletic injury! Pretty soon I'll be a buff, full-fledged athlete. I realize it's super-warped that I'm just the tiniest bit excited about all this.

I was somewhat proud of myself this weekend. I was craving all sorts of the most unhealthy, fat and calorie loaded foods. I picked out the two or three that I really wanted, and figured out a way that I could have them in reasonably portion-controlled ways. So my weekend menus weren't the most nutritionally sound, but I stayed well within reason. And in the long run, I'd rather have one weekend of carefully controlled goodies, than go back to the old binge/starve cycle. Everything in moderation, my friends.

(Including ice cream, utopia!)
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
    Well, another no appetite day for me, and I can't really complain about not wanting to eat. What a change! :lol:

Today:
    Breakfast:
    a couple bites of biscuits and gravy
    Cofffee

"Lunch"
    Small apple
    1/2 serving extra lean ham, 1 piece whole grain bread

Snack:
    String cheese

Dinner:
    Wendy's 5 piece nuggets, 4 fries
    Diet coke

hmm... I'm at 825! *sigh*
    I know that's too low and I can't keep doing this, but I am 100% not hungry.
    DPTFm5.png
    I made spaghetti bolognese!! I cooked!! Well not properly: the sauce was out of a jar, but still. I made meat turn brown and that counts as cooking to me :)

Question: is spaghetti/pasta fattening/ bad for you? My mum reckons it's really filling (I usually feel enormous after eating it) but doesn't really make you put on weight.

Anyways am going to force myself to weigh myself today (after 3-pounds-lost-over-holiday victory I haven't wanted to risk the scales incase they've gone back up), so I'll let you know how it goes...
    UK curly, 2C/3A

Yay!!! I've lost another 1.25 pounds!! Possibly partly to do with weighing myself before not after lunch but at least I haven't gone up.

And I'm nearly under 9 stone!! 9st and 0.5 pounds. I think I will aim to have lost a stone which would get me to 8st 11.

Excuse me while I jump around in a victory dance :D
    UK curly, 2C/3A

YAY curlyorwavy :)

As of this morning I'm down 17.5 pounds. Yippee!! :) I took some new pics for yesterday, and then I looked back at some pictures from June and you can really tell a difference in my face, which I am so psyched about!! I may go in and put them into photobucket so you guys can compare.

BREAKFAST:
    8 oz apple juice
    1 piece whole wheat toast
    1 egg, scrambled

That's it so far today.
    DPTFm5.png
    Well done Rheanna! I might have to try the photo thing too. I really hope my face is getting less round due to weight loss... The photos from this summer holiday (dad takes literally hundreds) have been much less painful than last years. Partly because had lost 6 pounds by start of holiday, partly due to better fitting clothes and partly due to learning how to smile... if I smile naturally in photos my face looks enormous!
    UK curly, 2C/3A

Well, I'm not quite sure if I believe it, but this morning for my weigh in, I was down acouple more pounds.... 3 actually. That makes a total of 20 even! Woo-hoo!! I got back on the scale 4 times because I thought it must be wrong... hmmm... I haven't been eating enough, and I haven't been eating that well. I lost my appetite, partly due to stress, okay mainly due to stress :) And now it's like my stomach has gotten smaller and I feel a bit nauseous. I actually prefer the less appetite to the always ravenous, BUT I don't like the sick feeling! For example, last Friday I didn't record, Saturday was like 1400 something I believe. I can't really recall Sunday's and I don't have my spark open, but Monday, Tuesday were both 800-ish, and yesterday was almost 1200. Today I'm only at 900-ish, soooo... I know that has something to do with the scale being down. The question is if it's water that will come right back or really gone I suppose.

I hope this awful sick feeling goes away soon though!! Hope all is well with everyone; where ar you guys?? :D

Edited to put in before/after pics! The first was taken at the beginning of June:

precg.jpg

The second was taken today:
    justme.jpg
    DPTFm5.png
    Hey, you look beautiful Rheanna! Congrats on hitting the 20-lb. mark!

Can someone tell me why, when an angry thin person is trying to insult someone, "fat" is the first word to come flying out of their mouth? My boyfriend got what he thought was a bad haircut a couple of days ago, and he was really pissed at the stylist. Understandable, I've had my share of bad cuts.

But then when he's ranting, he starts in with, "That fat b*tch" or "That ugly b*tch." She was probably around my size, maybe a little thinner. First of all, I hate it when other people get called "fat," even if they are overweight. It's rude and unnecessary. Second, it makes me feel that much more self-conscious, if he's calling someone else my size "fat." Maybe it's true, but that doesn't mean I like hearing it, especially from him.

Why is it okay to insult a person's looks when you're mad at them? Being overweight or unattractive (to him) doesn't have anything to do with that girl's ineptitude as a hairstylist.

I know he was just letting off steam, but still. :?
    Thanks utopia :) I see it's now shrunk down cause I used it as my avatar. Oh well... I am so not going back to fix it! :lol:

I know what you mean about your bf. Jeff doesn't do that too bad, but sometimes. But lots of people do. I love when friends or family talk about how "fat" someone is and they are clearly smaller than me! :roll:
    GRRR! I like to think of it this way: They shouldn't be saying that, of course, but either way, they obviously don't see ME as a "fat girl" or they wouldnt' feel comfortable saying it around me. My SIL actually once said something about someone being a "fat ****" or something along those lines and I said "she's smaller than I am..." and she was like "whatever. You are nowhere near her size." This girl was probably at least a couple sizes smaller than me! But anyhoo, it irritates me too! You're not alone!

Today I've had little, as usual. I was so sick this morning because I didn't get enough sleep, yet again... All I could choke down was 1 piece of wheat toast with natural pb. And I do mean choke down! Ugh. Later, I had a medium green apple. For dinner we went to a steakhouse.. I got a 5 oz sirloin and gave Jeff nearly half of it, had about 2/3 of a medium baked potato with 1 thing sour cream and that fake whipped spread butter crap. I had 2 bites of a yeast roll, and about 1/2 cup salad. I felt like I was gonna explode from that! My stomach has apparently shrunk a lot. I'll be eating something else here soon as I'm gettin hungry again; but right now I'm only at 700!
    DPTFm5.png
    Hi, ladies :) Sorry I've been MIA; I spent extra time with the beau catching up and such. I've been within my range everyday (sometimes it's a chore to eat enough, but I'm still trucking). I've only been active as far as daily activites go--walking around, unpacking, etc., but no real exercise (wasn't home or near a gym). But I'm back at school now and hoping to get back in gear! No scale, but it's not really bugging me. I've had some clothes victories (needed khakis for work, needed a smaller size than I had thought, and I look dang good in them!), so that's what's on my mind right now.

Hope everyone has a good night!
    Under construction.
    Gah. I've been hungry all day today!

I'm working on my first liter of water still. For breakfast I got this huge bowl of fresh pineapple and watermelon. For lunch, I had a Smart Ones meal thingie.

Nowhere near enough calories, I suspect. I'll go ahead and blame my period. :P I'm always hungrier during this time of the month. I read somewhere that you're supposed to eat more than usual, because I dunno. :lol:

Tonight I'll be making chicken pot pie: boiled chicken, fresh chopped veggies, can of fat-free cream of chicken soup, Heart Smart Bisquick. I'm still debating on putting a thin layer of mashed potatoes on the bottom, so Aaron will fill up faster and stop trying to eat the whole danged pie. :lol: He's a bottomless pit, I swear.

I also bought some fat-free skinny juice pops, 40 calories each. I heavily considered buying the sugar free ones, but I couldn't remember if I liked them or not. Ah well, better than ice cream or even frozen yogurt. :)
    Today: 20min pilates, 30 mins strength training (whoa, sore!) = 2 APs earned

B: 3/4c honey nut cheerios w. 1/2c skim milk = 3 pts
    yogurt = 1 pt
    ww carrot cake = 1 pt

L: progresso minestrone = 4 pts
    5 saltines = 1 pt
    2% cheese stick = 2 pts

S: 2 pcs dove chocolate = 2 pts

D: boca burger in a tortilla w/ 1 slice 2% cheese, 2 tbsp salsa = 5 pts
    olean chips = 1 pt

S: ice cream sandwich = 2 pts

total = 22 pts, 1251 calories
    Debating another piece of chocolate, which would put me at 23 pts, 1291 cals. 40 calories of chocolate-y goodness. If my nails dry enough before I'm tired, it may happen. The strength dvd went much better than her cardio one, which I'm going to try again in the morning. First day of classes tomorrow!!
    Under construction.
    Hey guys

Well I decided to try counting calories. I've never done it before and gosh is it scary! About 20% of the calories I consume before tea are in the peanut butter on my toast :shock: . But I can't live without my peanut butter! V hard decisions...

Anyways Tesco Diets (no idea how reliable) reckons I should have 1278 calories a day (why so accurate?!) so I've been trying to stick to that. Has worked alright over the weekend except 2 mins ago when I consumed a kitkat and piece of toblerone... I'm feeling rubbish alright!

Am off to a beach themed party tomorrow. Decided against exposing my legs to the world in a grass skirt but felt pretty good in short shorts and strappy top. So glad I decided to lose weight :)

Oh and Rheanna you look so pretty!! :)
    UK curly, 2C/3A

Hi Ladies,

Long time no see. Things have been going OK for me. I've had a few ups and downs, but overall I can't complain. I did 3 days of cardio last week and 1.5 days of strength. If I had done 1 more day of cardio, that would have been perfect. Oh well. I didn't lose any more weight this past week, but I was being visited by my monthly friend, so hopefully things will get back on track now that that's over.

I did plan to do another week at 12 minutes running, but I felt really good last week, so I'm jumping to 14 for this week. I'm guessing that I'll wind up spending 2 weeks at 14, if for no other reason than I'm going on vacation, so the second half of this week will be iffy as far as workouts go.

So yes, I'm going on vacation (leaving Thursday and returning Monday), so that will be challenge. I'd like to workout two days that I'm gone, and be reasonable about my food. I'm not going to count calories while I'm on vacation, just focus on making sensible choices and making trade-offs where needed (i.e., skip dessert if I'm having an appetizer, or eat less at the next meal if I'm having a bigger meal now, etc.). I expect my weight to jump a little, but once I get home and back on track I should be good. My last vacation, I ate what I felt was A LOT (more than I would have liked), but my weight didn't jump too much, and it was back down a week or so later. So I feel confident I can lose the weight if I gain a pound or two (or three *ahem*); it just prolongs things since I spend that week getting back to normal instead of losing weight. Still...I'm focusing on the big (but getting smaller :wink: ) picture.

Everyone else...doing good as always. Rheanna: you look GREAT. Congrats! Keep it up, girl!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file