The donut-lovin', pie-eatin' weight loss support thread

Comments

• RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    I'm the only one with a boring enough life to post today I see :) Going to head to bed in a moment, but thought I"d post. I had the munchies all day today, so to make up for it didn't really eat any actual meals, but just snacked around on fairly healthy stuff all day. Came in at 1540 cals, 10 glasses water, so a-okay! No exercise; planning to work out for at least half an hour in the morning though. Today:

"Breakfast":
    1 cup coffee with 2 T creamer, splenda
    1 small red apple

"Lunch":
    1/2 bag individual popcorn (lite)
    1 piece low fat string cheese

Snacks:
    1 cup red grapes
    Low fat ice cream

Dinner:
    4 oz boneless/skinless chicken breast
    Potato, carrot, onion, celery
    1 tiny piece cornbread

Snack:
    1 serving tortilla chips with salsa

So I guess I did eat meals, at least somewhat. Dinner anyway! Hehe... I already have tomorrow somewhat planned out (I'm a freak) and here's the plan for that. I *should* have a chance to post tomorrow evening, but just in case:

Work out 30 minutes on elliptical, plus stretches and some crunches

Breakfast:
    Coffee
    1 1/2 scrambled eggs, with 1/2 serving lean ham
    1 Piece whole wheat toast

Snack/Lunch:
    Seedless Grapes (1 cup)
    String cheese

Dinner:
    BIG salad with 4 oz. grilled chicken breast (boneless, skinless of course!), 2T ranch, 1/2 boiled egg

Snack:
    Smoothie - ice, splenda, milk, banana, blueberries

That's it so far for today. I'm only at 1344, and if I get hungry again, I'll eat something smallish.

Have a great Monday, or at least as good as a Monday can be!

Edited to update Monday's food.
    DPTFm5.png
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Filling in the days I missed:

Saturday:
    no exercise.

Breakfast:
    oatmeal = 3 pts
    fruit = 1 pt

Snack:
    hard tack = 0 pts

Lunch:
    1/2 tuna pita = 4 pts
    olean chips = 1 pt

Snack:
    oatmeal choc chip cookie = 5 pts

Dinner:
    1/2 serving miso = 1 pt
    salad w. dressing = 2 pts (overestimate, I think)
    hibachi veggies (we asked for light on the butter and as a result got.. none?) = 2 pts
    veggie sushi = 3 pts

Snack:
    animal crackers = 2 pts

Total = 25, 1265 calories

Yesterday:
    hour of pilates, 2 APs earned

Breakfast:
    2 IHOP harvest grain & nut pancakes w. 2 tsp sugar free syrup = 8

Lunch:
    Applebee's Cajun Lime Tilapia = 6 pts

Snack:
    1/2 choc filled croissant = 3 pts
    hard tack = 0 pts
    1/2 harvest grain pancake w. 1/2 tsp sf syrup = 2 pts

Dinner:
    4 oz. chicken breast, no skin = 4 pts
    hearts of palm = 0 pts

Snack:
    WW giant fudge bar = 1 pt
    oatmeal = 2 pts

Total= 26, 1350

It amazes me that 25 points on Saturday was 1265, but that other days, 25 points can be close to 1500 calories. I found a post on SP about a girl who plateaued for a year on WW and now uses both programs together. She was 10 points over her WW target on days she was in the middle of calorie range. Eating more started her loss again. Some people can eat their points and it matches up to the cal ranges. I was just happy to find a similar situation.

ETA: After 6 days of upping my points and calories, I'm now back down to 126.5. You should have seen my face this morning. It looked something like this: :shock: :D 8)

Keeping my fingers crossed this trend keeps going... I'm also seeing some small changes in my body. Niiiiice.
    Under construction.
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Hello ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well. My weekend was OK. Well, it was great fun. But OK eating-wise. Most of my meals contained something that was :x and something that was :D . For example:

Sat night, dinner out:
    Dug right into that evil bowl of chips and salsa :x
    Split an entree :D

Sun lunch, at the water park:
    Only one slice of pizza :D
    Two pieces of cake :x

Sun dinner, back at my parents' house:
    Half a sandwich :D
    Lots of chips :x
    Small ice cream sandwich :D
    3/4 of chocolate bar :x

This seems to be a recurring theme for me these days, when it comes to special occasions and other times when I allow myself to splurge a little. I'm no longer at the point where each instance turns into a giant feeding frenzy, but I still can point to some fairly obvious improvements I could make.

Back on track today. I'm shooting for about 1550 calories. Lots of fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. The good stuff.

I'll do my cardio today. My first official day of my new workout plan. I'm not sure about weight training. I am massively sore from yesterday's fun. My neck and shoulders in particular are not equipped for a day of waterslides! I'm just going to see how I feel. I'd like to do at least one set. Something is better than nothing.

Befrizzled: congrats! Keep it up!

Everyone else, you do the same. It really sounds like everyone is staying on track. Now we just need to keep it up... (easier said than done, eh?)
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Howdy gals! Had a busy weekend which I'm sure I mentioned. My best friend's daughter got married. Can't believe it. I was there when she was born! Her and my youngest are just a few months apart (21 and 20). I've now been to all 3 of her kids weddings! My birthday was Sunday, so we had a cookout, skipping evening church :o ! My mom fixed some of my favorites, which I admit to indulging in! I had watched what I ate earlier, though, so I didn't feel guilty at all. Did well at the wedding, too, not eating everything on my plate at the reception and only having one piece of cake.

I weighed the same on Saturday. Glad I didn't gain, but sure hoping for a loss. Oh well .. I'm still in the smaller jeans. I saw a post on SP where someone said they heard it sometimes takes 6 weeks for our bodies to begin responding to the eating/exercise changes we're making. I'm on week 4 using SP, so I've got two more weeks before the pounds start melting off :lol: .

Befrizzled - I'd love to see a regular picture of you. I just can't imagine you have any fat on you other than what is healthy and makes you look female :wink: ! Glad you're feeling better upping your points, too.

Rheanna - When you go on American Idol, I'll have to watch since I've never watched it yet :shock: :lol: !

Hi Meegs and U-stars!

Have a great day, gals!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    Yesterday:
    pilates; 2 AP earned

B: hard roll, mushrooms, onions, egg whites, ketchup = 4 pts

L: yogurt = 1 pt
    nectarine = 1 pt

Snack: 1/2 choc filled croissant = 3 pts
    corn = 1 pt
    peach = 1 pt

D: hamburger, no bun, w. tomato and onion = 8 pts
    green beans = 0 pts
    pickle = 0 pts

Snack: steamed veggies = 0 pts
    nectarine = 1 pt
    ice cream = 1 pt
    yogurt = 1 pt

Total= 22 points, 1540 calories

LC- I don't have any pics of me without my stomach held in and very few full body pics. The one I have was taken so I could ask a friend's opinion on an outfit. It's not online, but I can e-mail it to you. That's approximately my goal for my stomach to look like without holding it in. It's about 2 inches bigger when it's out. It was taken in the beginning of the summer, only about 2 pounds more than what I am now, I think. You can PM me your e-mail addy if you don't want to post it. And you'll have to forgive the rest of my appearance. The sole purpose was to try on an outfit. You'll see what I mean. :)
    Under construction.
    OK today has been great for calories, and amounts eaten... But not good for nutrition. I don't know why, but today, all I've wanted are heavy foods and comfort foods! I've been wanting mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, homemade soup, etc. Maybe because it's been a gray, gloomy day that "looks" like winter, even if it is 90 degrees! :lol:

Breakfast:
    Sausage and biscuit
    Coffee

Snack/Lunch:
    Low fat string cheese
    Small apple

Dinner:
    Low fat grilled cheese - 2 pieces 2% cheese, 2 pieces sugar free whole wheat toast and a tiny smidge of butter (not NEARLY as good as a regular one, but it helped with the bad cravings!)
    1/2 can tomato soup with 6, yep I counted, saltine crackers

I did get hungry again - had 2 oz. chicken breast (grilled - leftover from my salad last night) and veggies - 1/2 small potato, lots of carrots, onions and celery.

Total was right at 1500.
    DPTFm5.png
    Not been a very good last few days. Last of the b-day celebration was yesterday. I decided that I really wanted the dessert, not the meal. I realize skipping right to dessert isn't probably a nutritionist-approved way to go. However, no matter what, I wasn't getting a nutrient-dense, healthy meal. So why eat a billion calories on top of it? Might as well indulge in what I really want, and then get back on track the next day.

So I only ate half a grilled hot dog (w/ bun). Then I ate two cupcakes and a scoop of ice cream. :oops: My weight has, not surprisingly, been all over the place these last few days. Today I'm getting back on track with a little bit of a lighter day: 1450 calories or so.

I didn't workout yesterday (school + last of the b-day celebration), but I did workout on Monday. This is what I did:

2 min easy warm-up
    5 min walk @ my usual pace (between 4.0-4.5 mph)
    20 min mix of walking and running (running @ about 5.0 mph (I'm guessing); tried to keep the walking at my usual pace, but backed off when needed)
    5 min walk @ my usual pace
    5 min easy cool-down

Total of 37 minutes. I did a little less than 50% of that 20 minutes as running: all my intervals totaled 9 minutes. I'd like to increase it until I'm running that whole 20 minutes. I have kind of set October 1 as my goal for that. That gives me 6 weeks to add 11 minutes of running...less than 2 minutes per week. I think I can do it, but if I can't, I won't stress over it.

I skipped the weight training on Monday. You don't really appreciate how much work your neck muscles do while you're running or walking...until, of course, your neck is so sore that each movement hurts! It's hard to keep that giant cranium from bouncing around too much. :lol: I suppose I could have done some lower body work, since most of the soreness was in my neck, shoulders and arms. But my lazy streak prevailed once again!

Today, I will do both cardio and weight training.

Oh, and Rheanna, I hear you on wanting the comfort food. A friend of mine was eating a grilled cheese sandwich yesterday and I really wanted one about then. Tonight, I'm having baked french onion soup, which is not exactly a summer dish (and probably has too much salt), but I really need some good, warm food. Sounds like you're doing really good though. It's a balancing act, isn't it? If I never, ever give into something I'm craving, I'll just wind up going crazy and eating everything in sight at some point. But then, always eating whatever I want is no good either. Got to find that balance between staying satisfied and being sensible. Sounds like you're doing good with it! Keep up the good work.

Ditto everyone else. Keep it up!
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
    meegs wrote:
    Sounds like you're doing really good though. It's a balancing act, isn't it? If I never, ever give into something I'm craving, I'll just wind up going crazy and eating everything in sight at some point. But then, always eating whatever I want is no good either. Got to find that balance between staying satisfied and being sensible. Sounds like you're doing good with it! Keep up the good work.

Thanks meegs. I completely understand what you mean about the balancing act. I've done this SO many times, unfortunately. . . I lost 50 pounds when I was younger, gained back 15, lost it plus 5 more. Then started gaining unbelievably, seemingly for no reason right after I graduated HS. . . Gained 75, lost 20, gained 40, etc etc. All my different efforts have led me to what I'm doing now - which is just sensible eating really. I feel like there is something physical going on that makes it a lot easier for my body to store fat than for others. I'm not 100% sure on what that is yet, but I know it's there. Of course, there is still the struggle with overeating, too big portion sizes, carb cravings, etc etc etc :roll:

It's hard to "fix" it all, so all (I think) we can do is take it one day at a time! See, you did eat bad there for a couple days, but EVERY ONE does that sometimes. The important thing is that you don't let it become a trend; just like you said about it being a "feeding frenzy" :lol:

I know many dieters do the same thing I do - well, I screwed up, so I may as well go hog-wild and start over tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, you don't start over; before you know it, you're up 20 pounds... AGAIN! I was on such a good track earlier this year, back in February. My grandfather was dying of cancer; he was the only close person to me I had ever lost; we were really really close. He died on February 13, we closed on our (fixer) house on February 24th, moved in that weekend (all moved by Feb. 26th). . . I was such an emotional wreck. I was happy about buying our first home, I was scared of all the renovations, and I was still grieving, had taken a whole week off of work, only to go back to so much junk piled up. My diet took the back burner while we dealt with everything, and before I knew it everything I had lost was right back again *sigh*.

I'm sorry, I'm trying to collect my thoughts and I'm just rambling on and on. This has been such a struggle my entire life and I'm just so damn tired of thinking about my weight and what I eat all the time. I would just like for what I'm doing now to become a lifelong habit, but then I get so afraid I'll just fail again. It's just so hard. I know there are things I could do better on a day to day basis, but I'm having to work at not obsessing about it, not beating myself up, or dealing with a lot of guilt. I know none of those things are good for me, my sanity, OR my body either. I feel like I'm doing okay right now; I just want it to continue....

(Sorry again for all the ranting! Oh, BTW Meegs, happy belated birthday! :) )
    DPTFm5.png
    I forgot all about posting my day! :oops:

So far, 3 glasses of water, will drink more as the day goes on.

Breakfast:
    Ham/egg/cheese sandwich on whole wheat (1 egg, 1/2 serving extra lean ham, 1 slice LF cheese, 1 tsp. lite mayo, 2 pieces whole grain bread)
    Coffee with splenda, 2T creamer

Lunch (I guess...):
    1 serving lite popcorn
    Lite string cheese
    1 medium sized apple

Dinner (will be):
    3 oz. lean ground beef (small burger - no bun, with lettuce, onion and tomato)
    1 small potato cooked in EVOO (homemade wedges), 2 T ketchup

Snack:
    1 cup cantaloupe
    2 (:() slim-a-bear ice cream thingies.

Low on fruits and veggies again. Ugh.

I worked out 45 minutes on the elliptical. I didn't feel like I was going to die this time, so that's a big plus! :lol:
    Oh, and 50 crunches & 50 push-ups (girl ones! hehe), stretches. According to my SP for what I've ate today, I've burned more than I took in so far - burned 802 (or was it 820?) and taken in 700. By the end of the day, I'll have eaten just under 1600, if I eat some cantaloupe too. I've had 4 or 5 really good calorie days in a row. Weekends are my issue, unfortunately. :roll:

Total was 1600 even for the day!
    DPTFm5.png
    Yesterday:
    lower strength, 45+5 usual cardio; 3 AP earned

breakfast: yogurt = 1 pt

snack:hard tack = 0 pts

lunch: hard roll, 1 slice cheese, mushrooms, onions = 5 pts
    french friends = 4 pts

snack: ice cream = 2 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    nectarine = 1 pt

dinner: chicken = 5 pts
    green beans = 0 pts

snack: pie = 3 pts
    peach = 1 pt
    94% ff popcorn = 1 pt
    a few bites corn = 0 pts
    pickle = 0 pts

total = 24 pts, 1490 cals

Today:
    upper strength, 45+5 usual cardio; 3 AP earned

breakfast: hard roll, egg whites, mushroom, onions, ketchup = 4 pts
    homefries = 1 pt

lunch: chicken = 3 pts
    nectarine = 1 pt

snack: chocolate = 1 pt
    patmeal = 2 pts

dinner: short ribs = 8 pts
    hearts of palm = 0 pts
    pickle= 0 pts

snack: eclair = 4 pts
    steamed veggies = 0 pts
    cereal w. milk = 4 pts

total = 28 points, 1503 calories. When I hit 20 points, I had only eaten 930 calories. The steamed veggies added over 100 cals (I ate a lot of those..). Crazy point system.
    Edited: had a handful more cereal, and I know it was 47 calories, but I added 47 and one points anyway. I've got it to spare. so 29 points, 1550 calories.
    Under construction.
  • spiderman5000spiderman5000 Posts: 673Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How did I miss this thread? Can I join? Lets see. I have lost 40 pounds this year. It took forever. I didn't really do much. I just stopped eating all the dang time. Unfortunately, I've been lazy for the past few weeks and gained 8 pounds back. It really shows. I just started going back to the gym today after not going for THREE months. We'll see how that works out. I want to lose 30 more pounds (I gained about 70 pounds in a year).
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Oh, BTW Meegs, happy belated birthday! :)
    Thanks, except it was celebrating my little brother's b-day, not mine! I'm sure you all are wondering just how much I'm going to eat then, seeing as how I don't skimp on birthdays that aren't even mine. :oops: I guess you'll have to find out in November. :wink:

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I did my cardio AND my weight training! Woo hoo! I've upped the intensity on my weight training as well as on my cardio, but things seem to be going well. I was sweating a ton, but I'm not really sore today or anything. I didn't make the wisest food choices (too many empty calories), but I did stay within my planned calorie range, so that was good.

Welcome to the party, spiderman! Congrats on what you've lost so far!
    Welcome spiderman!! Of course you can join us :D
    Congrats on already losing 40 pounds. I can relate; I gained over a hundred in a short period of time. I wish losing was as easy! Are you on any particular program, or just trying to eat healthy and work out???
    Most of us are also using sparkpeople.com - it's great for entering food, exercise. Plus there are message boards, too. I've been using it a few weeks and I still keep finding something new all the time! lol

Good day for me today. Only 1230, but for some reason I've been less hungry than usual, so I won't fight that! Hadn't planned on working out today, but my friend and I went for a (very brisk) walk for 20-25 minutes that left me SWEAAAATING (it was SO hot). I didn't burn nearly as much as with elliptical, but it was about 150 calories. I'm also planning on doing some crunches and girly push ups and maybe some bicep curls or something with my tiny 5 pound weights. Those don't burn too much in calories, but they're good for you either way!

On a very positive note, my body decided to let go of 3 pounds as of weigh in this morning.That makes me 14.5 in I think around a month, maybe 5 weeks. If only I didn't have so far to go (I have 36 pounds left till my short term goal milestone, and then 25 after that to my - hopefully - final goal weight, so a total of 61 pounds, but it was 75, so I guess I won't complain! I want to make my first milestone by the end of the year, but the earlier the better! I'd prefer it be by my 23rd birthday at the end of October, but I don't know if that will happen! And I want to be at my final goal weight by hubby's birthday, which is February 11th. IF things slow down, I plateau, etc, I just really really want to be able to buy a smaller, cuter swimsuit by next May/June! That gives me a total of 9 months, which comes out to be an average of 6 pounds a month, which is very very doable, at least I hope!

Today's food:

Breakfast:
    2 slices lean center cut bacon
    1 piece whole grain sugar free toast
    1 1/2 scrambled eggs
    Coffee with splenda, 1 T cream

Lunch:

1/2 can tomato soup (made with water, not milk)
    6 saltines
    String cheese

Snack:

1 1/2 cup cantaloupe cubes
    Low fat ice cream (slim-a-bear)

Dinner:
    2 oz. lean roast
    Carrots, celery, onion
    1 small-medium potato

Snack:
    1 1/2 more cups cantaloupe cubes

And 8 glasses of water so far. I'll be up atleast 2 more hours, so will drink more. Won't eat again though, as I just had my snack and I'm good!

Total was 1230 as I said, and 41g of fat, so definitely a good day!
    DPTFm5.png
    Weigh-in day: 126.0. Down 1.5lbs from last week and my lowest official weigh in ever. After a week of eating more. I feel so stupid. :oops:

Yesterday:
    60+5 cardio, 2 APs earned

Breakfast: hard roll, egg whites, mushrooms, onions, ketchup = 4 pts

Snack: 1 pc dove sugar free chocolate = 1 pt

Lunch: cereal w. 1/2 cup super skim milk = 3 pts
    nectarine = 1 pt

Snack: yogurt = 1 pt
    mentos (3) = 0 pts

Dinner: tofu + veggies = 3 pts

Snack: cookie = 6 pts
    pb&j (1/2 tbsp pb, 1 tbsp 10 cal jelly, 2 slices light grain bread) = 2 pts
    1/4 cup dry cereal = 1 pt
    hearts of palm = 0 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts

Total = 24 points, 1490 calories.

Skipping the gym today in favor of going through all my stuff for school/unpacking and repacking. I have a concert tonight, but it will involve much less walking than the other two I've recently been to, but we do have lawn seats, so perhaps I can convince my brother to walk some laps with me if we get bored.

I'm feeling good. 8)

My concern is when I get back to school. I'm not going to bring a scale. Even though I now know I will not gain weight by eating this amount, when I won't have proof everyday of that, it's going to be much harder. I know it's all mental, so I've just got to keep reminding myself that I'm doing everything right. The key is to remain active so I don't slow my metabolism down again. I'll ask the nutritionist if she'll weigh me when I come in (once a week/every other week) to take away the anxiety of not weighing myself for a month and then going home and stepping on a scale--which is actually really stressful for me; I spend days before I go home wondering if I've lost or gained or stayed the same, and if I haven't lost (or I've gained), it's disappointing that I didn't budge in 4 weeks. So as long as I keep a steady knowledge of it, it takes the edge off.

So I'm a little bit of a nut case, but at least I'm eating more now. :wink:
    Under construction.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Howdy y'all!

I am so freaking inconsistent with posting here, I'm sorry! You're all doing so well, I'm wicked proud!

Hey, spiderman5000, welcome!

Okay, so I've been doing quite well for myself lately. The only thing that's been hard for me to give up is breakfast sandwiches. Egg, cheese, and a bagel or an English muffin. Sigh. Aside from that, I've been doing A-OK!

Last night was our anniversary (ours, meaning mine and my boyfriend's), and since I had to work late, we ate dinner seperately, but had dessert and wine together. I only had a sip of wine after the toast, and while the boy had a big fat piece of triple chocolate cake, I had strawberry shortcake. I chopped up about six huge fresh berries, topped with some fat free Cool Whip, all on top of a small round thingie of angel food cake. It was nice to have something sweet and still (mostly) healthy! I'm sticking with fruit and yogurt, sometimes granola bars, when I get a sweet tooth.

Eating out has been pretty easy, on nights when it's too damn hot to cook. We've been going to Subway lately maybe once a week, and I get some turkey, lettuce, black olives and pickles on a six-inch whole wheat roll. Tonight we're making pizza, on a wheat Boboli crust with low fat pizza sauce and skim mozzarella cheese. And salad!

Still keeping up with the water-guzzling. Two liters a day, sometimes more. I am the most hydrated person EVER.

Because I work so dang much I don't exercise as often as I should, so I try to make up for it in small ways like walking when I go on errands and assignments instead of driving. The Leslie Sansone walking video I have is quite a workout, despite what I thought it would be, but it is still a giant pain in the ass.

Sometimes I wish I were working in convenience stores again, just to have a job that's more active! :lol: I got tons of exercise working full-time in retail.
    Yay!! She came back :)
    Glad to see you back utopia! :D Sounds like you're doing good! Happy anniversary... how long's it been?
    I love making those strawberry shortcake thingies. Yum.

I'm sick everyone! Waaahh! I went to see my niece the other day, my SIL says "she has allergies, its not contagious." Well, that was total BS. Now my brother, dad, and I are all sick. Don't think that was allergies! :(
    The good thing is that I have been totally lazy since getting off work today. It's actually been better than a typical day! lol. I spent all evening on the couch watching TV and reading this month's Glamour. In my pajamas.Yay. I haven't ate good nutrionally, today, but calories are good. We had pizza for dinner, but I got thin crust and loads of veggies, and didn't eat but 2 pieces, which is not as bad as usual. Here's the whole day:

Breakfast:
    Biscuit
    1 egg
    Sausage
    Coffee

Lunch:
    None. The horrific taste in my throat made me sick! Blech.

Snack:
    String cheese
    2 servings low fat ice cream (Gosh, it felt so good on my throat!)

Dinner:
    2 pieces pizza

Came out to 1700. Most Fridays are over 2000 because I treat myself, but I didn't want to waste a semi-cheat day when I felt so blah, so we may go out tomorrow or Sunday instead.

All evening I just keep drinking herbal tea with splenda to soothe my poor throat. I guess you can tell I'm one of those whiny pitiful sick people! hehe. I blame it on my mom who petted me when I was sick. Some people want to be left alone? Not I. I want someone to play with my hair and cuddle me! Ha. But hubby is gone, because he was irritating me. He wanted to go fishing with his brother and I told him, yes please do. I guess that's mean. I love spending time with him, but he was so perky acting, and I just wanted to doze. I felt bad holding him here sitting, staring at me whining and watching TV, so I told him to pleease leave :)

Will check in tomorrow everyone. Hopefully I'll feel okay enough to work out, but if not, oh well. I bought lots of soup, so that's probably gonna be tomorrow food!
    DPTFm5.png
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Hello!

I'm sorry you got sick, Rheanna! :( I'll send you lots of hugs, because from this distance I won't be able to catch whatever it is ya got. :wink:

Yeah, it's hard to eat well when you're not feeling good. It's a small miracle in itself just to be able to keep something down.

To answer your question, we've been together for seven years now. :)

Okay, so I know that I do well and lose more weight when I stick with Lean Cuisine/Healthy Choice/Smart Ones frozen dinners. I don't mind eating them, but every time we're trying to decide what to have for dinner and Aaron wants something I can't have, he gets so angry when I say I'll make it for him, and have a frozen dinner for myself. He says it's not fair that I can't eat good food, too. :lol:

I suppose I can have some things, but in much smaller portions. Last night I made pizza- two seperate pizzas, actually, which turned out to be a good thing because Aaron wolfed down all of his pizza. :lol: I made mine with part-skim mozzarella and, of course, did NOT eat the whole thing.

I had some low-fat strawberry milk to soothe my throat (about 10 oz. maybe?). I think I have acid reflux or something, but it only acts up every once in a while when I eat right, so a little milk helps get rid of it.

So let's see... this morning I had a banana and an egg on a bagel. (I know, I know, but as it turns out it had less calories and bad stuff than my other breakfast options at the store.) No coffee or juice, just water.

Lunch is a fruit cup, some baby carrots and half a tuna sandwich with lettuce and tomato.

Still not sure about dinner, though. I bought some Spanish rice and taco fixings for Aaron, so maybe he'll eat that, and I'll make myself a chicken fajita of sorts. I just make mine with mild salsa (maybe 5 calories for a tablespoon), some boneless/skinless chicken breast, small whole wheat flour tortillas (98% fat free), lettuce and the part-skim mozzarella, then bake for 10 minutes. I bought a small can of fat free refried beans as well. They should make those cans even smaller, since we never end up using all of it.

I'm trying to decide which exercise I want to do when I get home. The walking video is starting to annoy me already. I could try the bellydancing video, but I'll probably just get frustrated when I suck at it, which is likely. :wink:

Aaron moved the VCR into our bedroom, and there isn't enough room to do aerobics in there, so that's out. Of course, I know the routines pretty much by heart anyway, so I could just put on my own music and do it myself. :) Then I wouldn't have to listen to Richard Simmons squealing things like, "Shake that fat off!" and "You shine like a rainbow!"

I've been debating canceling my gym membership. I haven't been going lately because I hate, hate, HATE exercising in front of other people. And I get really sick of the personal trainer coming at me with a measuring tape and ordering me to get on the weight scale. I don't want or need to track my progress that way. The best way for me to gauge my success without getting depressed or discouraged is by how loose-fitting my clothes get. If I stay away from numbers, I'm fine and less likely to become unmotivated.

Then again, maybe I should just suck it up and do it.
    Rheanna, sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon!!

Utopia, shine like a rainbow? You totally know you do. ;) I hear you about exercising in front of people. I've begun the panic of "what am I going to when I get back to school?!?!" I know my chances of hitting a gym there, especially in the winter (when I'll have to park forever away from it, wear boots and normal clothes, change there, change before I go and then trek back to my car) are probably slim to none. I'm looking into things at home. SP has a ton of strength exercises, and I'm thinking about investing in weights and a swiss ball, maybe some bands too, to work with that. I also came across a stepper and a pedal exerciser that are really tiny, just the bottom, so it'll slide under your desk and you can pedal there, and lift weights or do twists at the same time. You can also put the pedal one on the desk and use it as an arm bike. I found these on Target's site. I'm seriously considering getting these. I HATE hate HATE spending money. I always feel seriously guilty afterward, but my mother is assuring me that if I'll use these, it's money well spent. The pedal system is only $30 or so. The weights were more like $50 (set of 3), the ball was about $20, and my grandmother had bands, so I'll probably take those. I already have a mat. There are benches in my apartment I'll be able to use.

Yesterday: no gym. Didn't go to the show, since the band I wanted to see cancelled, so we're opting for the refund instead.

Breakfast: hard roll, egg whites, mushroom, onions, ketchup = 4 pts

Snack: hard tack = 0 pts
    yogurt = 1 pt

Lunch: chicken = 3 pts

Snack: ice cream = 2 pts

Dinner: 4 oz shoulder roast = 6 pts
    steamed veggies = 0 pts

Snack: 1/2 cup cereal = 1 pt
    baklava = 8 pts (oy.)

total: 25 pts, 1351 calories.
    Under construction.
    Utopia, you totally crack me up. Shine like a rainbow. Ah... I needed that :)
    I'm feeling a bit better today, but just a bit. Just weak and blech. So I didn't do cardio; I could barely breathe as it was :lol:

I did crunches, push-ups and a bit with my tiny weights, which is way better than nothing I suppose. I've just kinda ate whatever today. Nothing really tastes like anything anyway. I keep eating some low fat ice cream because it feels so good. I've had 350 cals worth of that today alone :oops:
    Here's the entire thing:

Breakfast:
    Coffee
    Herbal Tea
    (aaaahhhhh)

Lunch:
    1/2 can Campbells Healthy Request Chicken noodle soup with 5 saltines
    Salad (baby spinach, Red Onion, Cucumber, Tomato, Croutons (6) and 1 T ranch)

Dinner:
    We ordered Mexican. I had some chips with cheese sauce (oops), some lettuce with pico and sour cream, and very little rice or meat. Less than half the portion.

Snack:
    Ice cream
    1 banana

I'm definitely not eating great, but it could be worse. I didn't enter all my food today but I'm guessing 1700-ish for right now. I've only had 1 liter of water today and I had to choke that down. I really hope I feel better tomorrow because 1) I hate wasting my weekend 2) I want to work out (yes, I actually WANT to. Imagine that) and 3) I'm bored bored bored!

Will try and check in tomorrow. Trying to cheer myself up by looking for cabins we can stay at for our anniversary in October, in Gatlinburg TN - right smack in the middle of the Smokey Mountains. I hope I can find something affordable so we can have a nice anniversary! :D May as well plan now anyway.

Have a great Sunday all, and thanks for the feel-better wishes and hugs gals!!
    DPTFm5.png
    Dear lord. Who knows what my numbers are like today. I've found several different calculations for the dessert I had (we went out and I was talked into sharing creme brulee). WW says 3/4 cup is 11 points, I figure I had about 1/2 cup (the whole thing was prob around 1, or so estimated by my mother and me). 1/2 cup in WW = 7 pts. I looked on calorieking.com for the caloric value, and they said a 1/2 cup was a serving, and that was 11 points. But .66 of that (and I had .66 of the WW serving) also works out to be 7 points, so I figured I'd go with .66 of both calculations since they worked out to be the same. Does that even make sense?

Today:
    lower strength, 45+5 cardio, 3 APs earned

Breakfast: oatmeal = 2 pts

Lunch: egg whites, hard roll, mushrooms, onions, ketchup = 4 pts
    2 bites of pancake = 1 pt

Snack: ice cream = 1 pt
    cookie = 2 pts
    chicken= 1 pt
    cereal = 1 pt
    4 brussell sprouts = 0 pts

Dinner: tuna = 3 pts
    mashed potatoes = 2 pts
    black eyed peas (1/3 cup) in balsamic vinaigrette dressing = 2 pts (overestimate?)
    corn bread, 2 small bites = 0 pts
    creme brulee = 7 pts
    carrote cake (2 bites) = 2 pts (overestimate? who knows.)

Total = 28 points, 1498 calories
    Just to double check, I subtracted the 0 pts foods from the calories and typed the info into the points formula, and it comes out to 28 points, a little less, I think. I'm thinking it of course had to be more, but I always think that way when I'm not absolutely sure of everything.
    Under construction.
    Today: no gym. We had a birthday party and I did packing for school, so at least I was moving around. I didn't count any APs though.

Breakfast: Kashi go lean crunchy chocolate peanut = 3 pts

Lunch: chicken = 3 pts
    1 cup fruit = 1 pts

Snack: dairy queen small sundae = 6 pts
    kashi go lean roll chocolate turtle = 3 pts

Dinner: easy mac (I was left to find something in the house. Probably not so healthy, but fairly yummy once doctored) = 5 pts

Snack: 2 ounces meat = 3 pts
    popcorn = 1 pt

Total = 25 pts, 1273 calories

I'm just happy the cake at the birthday party wasn't good. :lol:
    Under construction.
    I'm feeling a lot better now, but I'm sooooo mad!! My elliptical broke. I was on it, riding at a moderate pace, nothing fast, and it cracked. I bought it at the end of January, used it 3-4X per week until the middle of February, then used it just every now and again until the end of June. Since the end of June I've been using it again 3-4X per week. It had a 90 day warranty from the manufacturer, which of course is up. I bought it at Wal-Mart and I have the receipt... Do you think they'd take it back if I was insistent? Or am I just out 200+ dollars? I'm NOT good at being demanding in situations like that. And that's not even to mention getting this thing out there!! UGH UGH UGH! I was right in the middle of a great workout and planning to go another half an hour, and then this. I'm so tired of how crappy everything is made.

Okay, rant over. Food yesterday was okay-ish. I ate a bad dinner, and I ended up at 2100 calories, which is okay but not good. I feel better today, and I'm eating better also. Here's my food for today:

Breakfast:
    Sandwich (2 piece whole wheat bread, 1 egg, 1 slice 2% cheese, 1/2 serving lean ham)
    Coffee with 2T creamer, splenda

Lunch:
    Baby Spinach, cucumber, tomato, red onion, 1 can tuna, 2 T 2% shredded cheese, 8 croutons and 2T ranch

Snack:
    1 sugar free fudgesicle

That's it so far. Dinner is homemade beef/veggie soup - lean chuck tender roast, veg-all, tomato sauce, potatoes, green beans, celery, corn and onion all cooked together. It smells sooooo good (its in the crockpot). The calories won't be too awfully high because most is veggies and I won't eat much of the meat or potatoes. If I have enough cals left, I may have a small slice of cornbread that I'm fixing for Jeff. Snacks for the rest of the day wil consist of fruits most likely. Right now I'm at 850, I havent' entered dinner but I'm guessing it will be a total of 300-ish minus the cornbread.

Hope everyone had a great Monday, if that's possible! :D Talk to everyone tomorrow!
    DPTFm5.png
    OK - here's the rest of the day :

I made a fruit salad of pineapple chunks in juice, strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe and red seedless grapes (yum yum :D)

I haven't had dinner yet because I haven't gotten hungry yet, but it will be 350 calories, the soup I mentioned. I also made some sugar free jello to eat with more fruit if I get hungry after dinner (doubtful). Total for the day, including a small piece of cornbread, will come to 1485 calories, so a good day. I *may* do my pilates tape this evening both for exercise AND relaxation! :)

And that's it. Just wanted to finish the day.
    DPTFm5.png
    Today: no gym, but I did a whole lot of walking (shopping, running errands--and I parked at the end of the parking lot so I could get in more walking), so I gave myself 2 APs, even though I think it may have been more.

Breakfast: hard roll, egg whites, mushrooms, onions, ketchup = 4 pts

Snack: hard tack = 0 pts

Lunch: Fruit n yofurt parfait = 3 pts
    asian salad, <half dressing = 1 pt

Snack: Kashi go lean crunch chocolate caramel = 2 pts

Dinner: short ribs = 8 pts
    green beans = 0 pts
    nectarine = 1 pt

Snack: ice cream = 1 pt
    caramel apple = 3 pts
    pickle = 0 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts

Total = 25, 1523 calories
    Under construction.
    Hi again all.

Things are going pretty well for me. I had a party on Friday, a family BBQ on Sunday, and dinner out with friends yesterday. I did well on all three, except for a very large dessert that I had last night. I split it, but still. Way too much and I knew it! I'm going to write a book one of these days. Social Engagements: The Enemy of Weight Loss.

I've only lost about 1/2 pound over the last week or so (up to 42 overall). However, that is fairly typical given my mini-binges over last weekend. It usually takes a week or so for my weight to normalize. So while, in the end, I don't gain weight over them, I usually don't wind up losing any weight over that week. I've been keeping my calories pretty strictly under control so I could afford to indulge a little at the events of this weekend without sending my weight flying all over the place once again. So far so good.

Workouts are going well. I've worked out two of the last three days. I'm up to 10 minutes out of 20 running...still on track for my goal of being able to run 20 minutes by October 1. I walk the other 10, plus 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after (plus warm-up and cool-down). I feel good. I was worried that I'd be really sore once I started running more. I do have a little soreness here and there, but nothing major. It's not an "ow, I can hardly walk" soreness. It's more a "I can tell I'm working hard" soreness. And, most importantly, it's not getting worse as I increase my running. I don't feel any more sore today than I did two weeks ago when I was running less. I take this as a sign my body is adapting.

Sounds like everyone else is doing good, as usual. In six months or so, we should add up how much weight we've all lost overall. At the awesome rate we're going, it could be quite a bit before long.
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey guys, can I join in? Loving this thread!

I'm properly attempting to lose weight for the second time in my life, rather than just looking at the mirror and wishing the pounds would go away! It started May/June-ish when I went shopping on a warm-but-not-hot day and only for a short time and ended up bright red and stupidly out of breath. So I decided I had to get fit. Particularly coz I'm going to university this October so will have to do a lot of walking about. I started exercising and the scales started being kind so I decided to try and properly lose weight too. I've given myself a goal of a stone/ a stone and a half. Then I should be what I want to be.

Anyways since then I've lost 9.25 pounds! Not much compared to you guys losing over 40 (wow btw!) but a lot to me. I've just been on holiday in Italy for three weeks and was worried that I'd give into icecream and put weight back on. But I resisted and lost 3 pounds! Had one ice-cream: you've got to when you go to Italy really :P . So anyways having not looked at myself in the mirror for three weeks (we stayed in our caravan and if you stand in front of the mirror you block the doorway... great design...) I looked at myself and I look so much better! V chuffed.

But anyways the doughnuts/ chocolate bars/ sweets etc keep calling and I'm out of practice with exercise (decided doing exercise in a caravan with barely enough room for 4 people to stand up was not the best idea...) so hopefully this thread will be a help!

Wow I've waffled on... hope you aren't too bored!!

Ooh also any advice for food at university? (Self catered and have never cooked in my life).
    UK curly, 2C/3A
    CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!
    Good job all! Meegs - I feel you on social situations. They make it very hard to stick to healthy eating!

Curlyorwavy, welcome to the thread! :D Sounds like you're doing well!!

So far today, no exercise. Had 8 glasses of water thus far. I'm only at 1150 right now, but I will be eating some leftover homemade beef/veggie soup, so I'll be around 1450. I may have some sugar free jello and strawberries too, but either way I'll be in at under 1500. I've had a pretty healthy day - lots of veggies! Here's my day today:

Breakfast:
    Yummy omelette - 1 1/2 egg, spinach, onion, green pepper, extra lean ham and 2% cheese
    1 piece whole grain toast with less than 1 pat butter
    Coffee with splenda and 2T creamer

Lunch/Snack:
    1 1/2 cup cheerios with 1/2 cup 2% milk
    Handful of blueberries

Dinner:
    BIG salad - 2 cup spinach, 1/2 cup (maybe a bit more) lettuce with 1/2 tomato, about 1/4 small cucumber, red onion, about 1T 2% cheese, 1 small pack croutons and 2T ranch

I had planned on eating soup with the salad, but I wasn't hungry after the salad, which is fine, but I'm getting hungry again now, so I'm sure I'll have a small bowl of the soup in a bit.

I'm still really mad about my elliptical! UGH :(
    Did some more crunches, push-ups and some stuff with my little weights last night and my arms and tummy are a bit sore today. Weighed in, and it could just be a crazy fluke, but it showed 2 pounds down from last time (total of 16) and then when I got back on in disbelief it was up 1 pound, but still down 1, so who knows! :lol:
    DPTFm5.png
    Everyone's doing really well!! :D

Curlyorwavy - I find it fairly easy to lose weight at school. I walk to get everywhere on campus, so that's a bonus. I also take stairs instead of elevators to get in more activity. Will you have a dining hall or will you be cooking your own food? Either way, I can probably give you some suggestions from things I do. :)

Today:
    upper strength (upped weights again!), 45+5 usual cardio, added more speed, 3 APs earned

Breakfast: hard roll, egg whites, mushrooms, onions ketchup = 4 pts
    homefries (a few of my mom's) = 1 pt

Lunch: McD's Asian salad, <half dressing = 1 pt
    caramel apple = 2 pts

Snack: cookie = 2 pts
    nectarine = 1 pt

Dinner: veggie dumplings = 3 pts
    tuna with sesame seeds (the guy said 4 ounces of tuna, I thought it looked more like 6, so 6 it was, I had half) = 4 pts
    2 bites salad = 0 pts
    1/4 cup stir fried veggies = 1 pt
    fries = 1 pt

Snack: ice cream (REAL ice cream!) = 4 pts

total = 24 points, 1305 calories
    Under construction.
  • spiderman5000spiderman5000 Posts: 673Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'll check out the spark website. Thanks!

Rheanna, I'm not on any particular program at the moment. Eating less was helping me for a few months, but I've finally hit a plateau. For some reason I was never really hungry and only ate once or twice a day. I started getting back to normal and then unfortunately started a new med that has increased my appetite. I'm having it changed, thank goodness. I'm trying to just watch my portions. It's pretty tough. As for the workout, I'm doing a lot of upper body and back strengthening since I have poor posture due to scoliosis and kyphosis. I'm also walking for about an hour a day. It's not doing much though since I eat so much! Arg!
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well I started doing exercise again: argh! Did my fitness video and felt like I was going to die :(. If Rosemary Conley had told me to 'swing and lift' in her cheery voice one more time while I struggled to keep upright let alone start swinging I would quite happily have strangled her... At least she doesn't tell me to "shine like a rainbow" like yours utopia: that would annoy me so much!!

Befrizzled: I think I have to cook for myself. It depends which university I get into which I find out tomorrow. First choice is catered, second choice isn't. So perhaps don't give me advice until I post which it is. Thanks in advance though :)

Today foodwise has gone alright except I gave in and ate a chocolate after lunch... Ah well, no one's perfect!
    UK curly, 2C/3A
    CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file