The donut-lovin', pie-eatin' weight loss support thread

Comments

• meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Well, the heat is back. Today we're supposed to get 90+ temps, with possible triple-digit heat indexes. My plan is to scale back on my workout. I'm going to do my stregth training, and then instead of 40-45 minutes of cardio (plus cool-down), which was my plan, I'm going to do 25 minutes (plus cool-down).

Hopefully, if I can drag my lazy ass out of bed tomorrow before it gets too hot, I'll do another 25 minutes of cardio then. However, we're under an excessive heat warning from Sat-Tues. Yep! Those four days will be even hotter than today!

Sunday and Monday were already going to be tight schedule-wise. Add the heat factor in there, and it'll be tough. However, I have class again on Tuesday and I really don't want to go three straight days without working out. I'll have to come up with a plan for those days.

On the upside, I did really well yesterday with my eating. And today is shopping day. I'm going to get a ton of fresh fruit, some chicken breasts and other yummy things.

Have a great weekend all!
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Checkin' in before I head off to do some errands at work (goin' to the Dollar Store which I love because I can check out the hair stuff :lol: ).

I had a "Fitting Room" night last night in my closet. I was so psyched as I could get into some jeans I haven't worn for months! Yay, me! I'm wearing them today and could get in a couple more. They won't be "wearable" for a couple more pounds but hey .. I got them on!

Weigh-in is tomorrow for me, so I'm hoping to see some progress on the scales. I'm just glad to be seeing some as far as the clothes go and in the mirror.

I did the 3 sets of 20-minutes on my elliptical last night.

Okay, I'm outa here ... have a great weekend, ladies!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Weigh-in day: 127.5 -- up 1 pound from last Friday. :roll:
    I had Japanese last night, and I'm chalking some of it up to soy sauce. After I went to the gym, I weighed less than I did this morning, so I'm figuring I sweat some of it out.

Today:
    lower strength, 45 mins usual cardio, 5 mins cooldown
    3 AP earned

almonds = 1 pt
    egg whites, hard roll, mushrooms, onions = 4 pts
    leftover veggies from last night = 1 pt
    cookies = 3 pts
    mento = 0 pts
    salad = 2 pts (overestimating, I think)
    steamed veggies (a lot of veggies today!) = 0 pts
    craisings = 1 pt
    1/4 cup mac and potato salad (1/8 cup of each) = 3 pts
    chicken (little bit over 4 oz) = 5 pts (a little overestimation)

total = 20 pts
    plus my Friday non-counted stuff:
    - 2 cups strawberry soup (probably SO bad for you, but I've been putting off eating it all week so I could use my bank points today since I don't know how many points it is)
    - another small piece of chicken (probably under 3 oz)
    - 4 bites of pie

I'm still really hungry, and I have no idea why. I'm munching on veggies, but I imagine I may have something low point before bed. It'd be nice if it were something nutritional, but I can't guarantee it. Back to the 20+AP points tomorrow.
    Under construction.
    128.0 today. Trying not to let it bug me. It's just frustrating, because as soon as I make some progress, I'm back up to where I started. But Friday is my weigh-in day (substituted for Thursday I think since we're going away this weekend), so I'm just doing what I've been.

Today:
    upper strength, 45 mins usual cardio, 5 mins cooldown
    3 AP earned

craisins = 1 pt
    hard roll, egg whites, mushrooms, onions = 4 pts
    chicken (2.5ish ounces) = 3 pts
    almonds = 1 pt
    mini donut = 1 pt
    4 jelly beans = 0 pts
    steamed veggies = 0 pts
    apple = 1 pt
    yogurt = 1 pt
    salad with bite of chopped egg (mostly whites) and ff french dressing = 1 pt
    salmon (3-4 oz) = 4 pts
    bread = 1 pt
    sauteed spinach (very little, but tasted like it was drenched in butter) = 1 pt
    1/2 onion ring = 1 pt
    hard tack = 0 pts
    ice cream = 1 pt
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    **adding 1 pt, because I'm feeling paranoid today like I ate more calories than I accounted for, either in butter or a bite of something or something. I had a spoon of my brother's ice cream. Maybe that's it.

total = 24 pts. one over, that's ok.

Have a great night!
    Under construction.
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    I have no idea what the heck is going on, but I am not getting email alerts about this thread. It says I "should" be though, as the only option I have is to STOP watching this topic :? Oh well... I knew *someone* had to have posted over here the last couple of days.

I've been doing well. This eating more often, less at each sitting thing is working great for me. The strangest thing happened - yesterday I weighed myself and it was the same as the last time, then this morning, I was 2 1/2 pounds down, just out of nowhere :roll: . . .

NOT that I'm complaining or anything though! That gives me a total of 11 1/2. Or was it just a straight 11? I dont' remember but it doesn't matter :) I just wish it wasn't weight I had lost a gazillion times before.

Lets see, food for today:

B: Coffee
    1 cup Raisin bran with 1/2 cup milk

L: 1 1/2 oz. sirloin, 2 oz. chicken breast
    2/3 cup peppers
    2/3 cup onions
    1 oz part skim mozz./cheddar cheese
    1/2 serving white corn chips (8 small chips)

S: 1 cup seedless grapes
    3/4 individual serving bag of low fat popcorn

D: About 1 1/3 c. Spaghetti made with whole wheat pasta and
    ground sirloin
    1 1/2 cup tossed salad
    1 1/2 T ranch

S: Low fat ice cream

Total today is 1700-ish. Give or take 20 calories; I don't remember exact figures.

Oh yeah, I also hit the elliptical again for half an hour; burned 360 there! Yay! :)

In case I don't make it on tomorrow, I already have food planned out:

B: Scrambled eggs (2)
    2 slices bacon
    1 piece whole wheat toast

L: 1 cup seedless grapes
    LF popcorn

D: 4 oz. Sirloin steak
    1 ear corn on cob
    1 baked potato (small)
    Tossed Salad

I may not make it on as I have a lot to do tomorrow (as usual) and tomorrow evening we're having a cookout/get together for my brothers birthday. Hopefully will take Molly (my dog :)) for a 20-25 minute walk tomorrow night too, to get in some exercise. I hope I'm not sore agai ntomorrow. I was the other day from working out. Very very sore. I have to walk up a couple flights of stairs to get to my office and I thought my thighs were going to catch fire - they were burning SO bad.

Have a great Sunday all!
    BF - ignore that stupid scale. Anything and everything can make it go up (or down!) You KNOW you're doing well and becoming more fit and healthier.
    DPTFm5.png
    Yay! Not sore today, which tells me already I'm getting in better shape :)

I'm a bit annoyed with my clothes though. I'm not angry or anything, but I'm at that weird stage... all the clothes that did fit are looking slightly sloppy and just NOT sitting right on my body. But I haven't lost enough for clothes that didn't fit to fit again! Ugh :? It's frustrating, because I can't look decent unless my clothes fit, and who wants to go buy a bunch of clothes as they're losing weight? But I know there are worse things, so I'm not stressing out too bad about it. Just keep telling myself that if I keep doing well, pretty soon I'll be in another size.

On another (more negative note) my weight was up a pound today :roll:
    I hate the scale sometimes.... But I'm just telling myself it's something stupid/insignificant and that I'm doing well no matter what it says.

Today I've stayed pretty much on track.

Breakfast:
    1 1/2 scrambled eggs
    2 slices bacon
    1 piece whole wheat sugar free toast with less than 1 pat butter
    Coffee with splenda, 2 T creamer

Lunch:
    Low fat popcorn (half an individual bag)
    Low fat string cheese

Snack:
    1 cup seedless grapes

Dinner (will be):
    Sirloin (4 oz tops)
    1 small baked potato with 1 T light sour cream
    Big salad with 1-2 T ranch (can't do light here- yech!)
    1/2 a big ear of corn (not huge - but not the 'baby ears')

If I do get hungry later tonight I'll probably finish the corn. I would normally eat the entire large ear, and it's not as though it makes a huge difference calorie-wise; it's just the principle :)

If at all possible will take the dog for about an half-hour walk. If not, will do elliptical but probably in the a.m.

So far only 2 cups of water; I've been hitting the unsweetened iced tea today, but I promise to drink more. It's so flippin hot here :(

ETA: Total for today is 1610, and that includes eating the rest of the corn and a couple ounces more of steak, in case I get hungry later. If I don't, I will edit it :)

I just took the average of the past week, and I'm at an average of 1675 calories. That does have one "bad" day in it too. I hope that by next Sunday that average will be slightly below 1600 anyway, but I think for my weight and all that it's reasonable.
    DPTFm5.png
    This stupid heat is making me bonkers. We're already at a heat index of 94, and it's not even frickin' 9:00 AM yet! Bleh.

I did workout on Friday, but I skipped Sat and Sun because of the heat. Today is not looking promising either, and tomorrow is school. I hope it cools down and I can figure out how to get something in on Wednesday, otherwise I probably won't be working out again until this Friday. A whole week without exercising.

I am kind of discouraged about that, but I did pretty good eating this weekend (other than the two chocolate chip cookies I ate yesterday evening), and I'll just have to watch myself this week.

I know it's all about what happens in the long run, and I shouldn't let this get me down. I'll have to apply some extra energy to thinking positive.
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
    Meegs - with you on the heat!! UGH! I am so ready for fall. You should get some videos or something you can do indoors, if that's at all possible. I bought an elliptical a few months back, just a basic one. It was $200, but well worth it!!! If I depend on getting outdoors, it hardly ever happens. It's either too hot, too cold, or raining! :lol:

Glad you're doing so well. DOn't worry about 2 cookies. Like you said, in the long run, that's not a big deal. You can't go your entire life without eating anything "bad" for you! :) I read once you should make 90% of what you eat for health, and the other 10% for fun. I think that's to maintain, so I'd say 95/5 is better for us loosers :D

For me, so far so good today. 1 1/2 eggs, 1 oz ham, 1/2 oz cheese omelette, 1 piece whole wheat toast, coffee. Low fat popcorn and some grapes for lunch. Dinner will be pork tenderloin (lean of course :wink: ) with corn and salad. If I'm craving sweets later, I may have low fat ice cream... With dinner and all, I'm around 1300 if I stick to what I have planned, so I have a little leeway if I'm hungry.

ALso planning on 20-30 mins. of elliptical training.

Have a great day everyone!
    DPTFm5.png
    Everyone sounds like they're doing awesome! Congrats!! :)

Yesterday was a little ugly. Didn't even hit target points. As long as I don't make it a habit, it's okay. When I get upset/angry/whatever, I lose my appetite and/or don't want to eat. Yesterday I just didn't have the energy to fight it.

Yesterday:
    lower cardio, 45 mins usual cardio, 5 mins cooldown
    3 AP earned

oatmeal = 2 pts
    nectarine = 1 pts
    yogurt = 1 pt
    almonds = 2 pts
    a few olean chips (5, maybe?) = 0 pts
    veggie, rice, bean bowl = 6 pts
    hard tack = 0 pts
    1 can tuna in salad, no dressing = 3 pts
    1/2 piece banana bread = 2 pts

total = 17.

Today, I only did lower strength so far. We're going out tonight, and I didn't feel like showering and redoing my hair, and since I always get gross after cardio, I'll use the treadmill at home tonight when we get back and shower before bed. I'll add 10 minutes or so to make up for not having it on a random setting (this treadmill is old school, with the lever on the side to change speeds). I told my mother to force me if I put it off, so it'll happen.

3 AP (will be) earned
    **Did an hour of pilates instead of cardio.

hard roll, egg whites, mushrooms, onions = 4 pts
    mini doughnut = 1 pt
    heart of palm= 0 pts
    nectarine = 1 pt
    yogurt = 1 pt
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    97% ff hot dog = 1 pt
    steamed veggies = 0 pts
    1/2 pc banana bread = 2 pts
    salad with wishbone spray dressing = 0 pts
    mandarin oranges (for the salad) = 1 pt
    chicken = 5 pts
    almonds = 1 pt
    ice cream = 2 pts
    5 cherries = 0 pts
    apple = 1 pt
    olean chips w. salsa = 1 pt

total = 23 pts. target.
    Under construction.
    Sorry about your bad today yesterday Befrizzled :(
    Hope you feel better today though!!

I actually had a better dinner than I planned on having. Had 3 oz. lean pork tenderloin, 1 cup wild rice, 1 cup brocolli and a tossed salad.

And snacked on a snack size low fat chocolate pudding... I came in at 1540 calories. If I'm hungry before bed (doubtful) I'll snack around on something low-cal and keep it under 1650 either way!

I didn't work out, but I have a good excuse! (Warning: long ramble ahead! :lol: ) See, I planned to last night, then decided I'd rather do it this morning before work, then shower. Well, I couldnt' sleep last night - laid awake for hours, so I didnt' get enough sleep (what's new!?) and woke up too late to take time to do it this morning. Sooooo I planned on doing it tonight, but I only had 1/2 as much work as I expected to have at work today, so I did tomorrow's work this afternoon (thus working later than I planned), then came home, did housework, paid bills, took care of all my critters, cooked dinner and just now finished cleaning up (it's almost 10 pm here). I am so not willing to work out now, after a busy day and going on less than 6 hours sleep. So I just figured since I'm off tomorrow I'll do it tomorrow before showering, after hubby goes to work. Does anyone else have a big issue with showers/their damn hair when it comes to work outs? UGH. My hair is too time consuming to do it multiple times a day! :D

BUT I promise to work out for 1/2 hour+ tomorrow. May even try for an hour if I'm feelin' 'froggy', as my mom likes to say!

And as usual I am rambling, so I'll log off now! Hope all is well with everyone! I think we're a pretty darn good group here! We rock! :D
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    I didn't work out, but I have a good excuse! (Warning: long ramble ahead! :lol: ) See, I planned to last night, then decided I'd rather do it this morning before work, then shower. Well, I couldnt' sleep last night - laid awake for hours, so I didnt' get enough sleep (what's new!?) and woke up too late to take time to do it this morning. Sooooo I planned on doing it tonight, but I only had 1/2 as much work as I expected to have at work today, so I did tomorrow's work this afternoon (thus working later than I planned), then came home, did housework, paid bills, took care of all my critters, cooked dinner and just now finished cleaning up (it's almost 10 pm here). I am so not willing to work out now, after a busy day and going on less than 6 hours sleep. So I just figured since I'm off tomorrow I'll do it tomorrow before showering, after hubby goes to work. Does anyone else have a big issue with showers/their damn hair when it comes to work outs? UGH. My hair is too time consuming to do it multiple times a day! :D

Hey, two days of work in one day is pretty awesome. :)

Today was 115% times better than yesterday. It was the first time in a while I "gave in" to not wanting to eat anymore. Thank goodness it was out of my system by the time I woke up.

And YES. Hair is a huge thing. That's why I waited to work out until we got home tonight. I just didn't feel like redoing my hair again. I won't be able to work out between classes at school, I don't think, because I always feel gross after the gym and want to shower and redo my hair and whatnot. I wore it back a lot this summer, so it wasn't a big deal. But I like to wear it down for school, so I'm not sure what'll happen. I've toyed with the idea of going at 6am on days I don't have classes until 11. Then I can go back to the apartment, shower, etc. But that's awfully early, too, so we'll see. Maybe after classes... Or maybe I'll stick to pilates for strength and tae bo or something for cardio? Videos = major plus. I was thinking about joining a gym so I can park right outside and drive back and forth instead of taking a bus back and forth (no parking near the campus gym), but paying for a gym when there technically is one on campus seems stupid. Oh yeah, and I'm broke. :?
    Under construction.
    Howdy gals,

I got my wish on Saturday morning's weigh-in .. down 1.5 lbs. making my total since starting SP 4.5 lbs. Not fantastic on the numbers, but the fact I'm still in these smaller size jeans and the almost daily changes in my body is keeping me motivated.

I did great over the weekend getting my water in and keeping my calories within the limits. Worked out Saturday morning as well as last night. Weekends are usually tough being out of the work week routine, but this is the second one where I've done good. They say it takes 3 weeks to change a habit, so if I can keep this weekend in check with a wedding and my birthday, I'll be home-free :lol: . According to statistics, anyway!

Keep up the good work, girls. Befrizzled - you may be gaining muscle which accounts for your weight "gain", as I'm sure you know. If you're clothes are still fitting like you like, then it's all good!

Have a great day, ladies :D .
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Hello again :)

So far pretty good today... I've already worked out 25 minutes, and plan on doing another 25 minute session. It's already a lot easier. Already had 20 oz. water today too! Yay me...

Breakfast:
    1 1/2 boiled eggs
    1 piece wheat toast
    Coffee

Snack:
    1/2 medium cucumber with 2 tsp. ranch dressing

Lunch:
    Leftover wild rice (1 cup)
    1 can tuna w/ 1 tsp. mayo
    1 cup steamed brocolli

Dinner:
    Spaghetti - 3 oz. ground sirloin, 1 cup whole wheat pasta, 1/2 cup sauce
    Salad with 1 T ranch

Total is 1400 calories. Doubtful that I'll eat again, but if I do, it's a medium apple :D

Oh yeah - I did succumb to a craving last night and had a snickers, but I was still under 1700, so I'm not sweating it... I feel smaller, which I'm happy about, to say the least!

BeFrizzled - glad you had a better day! I have a suggestion for you regarding the gym, although I know it won't always be feasible depending on weather, distance, time etc.... What about walking or jogging to the gym (the one on campus that you'd have to take a bus to) and depending on how long it takes you to get there and back to you apt. you could cut out the cardio at the gym, or subtract the time spent getting there and back from the cardio time?! Would that be possible, or no?? Then at the gym you could just do strength training or what have you...

Now on days like today, here, that's a big NO!! :D It's currently 101 here, with a heat index of 112 :shock: so there will be no outdoor anything for me, unless it involves very cold water!!

Have a great day everybody! UtopiaStars - are you out there??!!?? :D
    DPTFm5.png
    LC- I'm feeling pretty good and my muscles are making appearances (there's definition in my arms when I flex. I have NEVER had that! And my abs have some nice lines, at least when I hold my stomach in. Out, you can't tell, but there's a difference.). I'm also able to increase the weights every few times I do the routine, so I know I'm gaining muscle. I'm not flipping about the weight because of that.

Rheanna - I swear, I thought the same about the gym today. I live about a mile from campus, and I'll try and walk that when the weather's good (not too hot or cold) instead of riding the bus. This also requires me to wear sensible shoes, which isn't my strong point, but some days it'll be a good idea. ;)
    Under construction.
    Sigh. Today I'm back up to 128.0, 128.5. My measurements are about the same. Some days that inch I "lost" is there, some it's not. I'm about convinced I'm always going to have to hold in my stomach. I'm not giving up by any means, but I'm not going to think I'm doing everything right and so I should be getting smaller or losing weight. I'm fairly happy with how I look with my stomach held in. I keep trying to convince myseld that it's not a big deal, that what I have left to lose isn't that much, but I truly don't think I'll ever believe that. Maybe when I'm at school the nutritionist can work with me to figure something out. I'm not terribly positive. I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing. At least I'm stronger. And I get that the scale fluctuates, but it's disheartening that it hasn't stopped fluctuating at all within the same 3 pounds since I came home almost 3 months ago. Can't say I haven't tried, can't say I'm not still trying, though.

Yesterday:
    lower strength, 45+5 cardio
    3 AP earned

egg whites, hard roll, mushrooms, onions = 4 pts
    almonds = 2 pts
    yogurt = 1 pt
    apple = 1 pt
    97% ff hot dog = 1 pt
    ice cream = 1 pt
    salad w. wishbone spray dressing = 0 pts
    english muffin w/ 10 cal/tbsp dressing = 1 pt
    prunes = 1 pt
    veggie dumplngs = 6 pts
    tofu and veggies = 1 pt
    chocolate sundae from DQ (didn't know we were stopping til later in the day) = 6 pts

total = 25. Two over, came from my bank.
    Under construction.
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Meegs - with you on the heat!! UGH! I am so ready for fall. You should get some videos or something you can do indoors, if that's at all possible. I bought an elliptical a few months back, just a basic one. It was $200, but well worth it!!! If I depend on getting outdoors, it hardly ever happens. It's either too hot, too cold, or raining! :lol:
    I'm there with ya! Unfortunately, I rent in a very lovely, very cheap, very desirably located, very non-air-conditioned apartment building! I have a window unit (the apartment dweller's best friend), which is fine for normal activities (well, when it's not a billion degrees out). For workouts when it's really hot, if I crank the window unit and drag a fan or two out to my living room (where the window unit is), then I can keep the temperature somewhere between "tolerable" and "not life threatening" so I can do my strength training. But cardio is pretty much out of the question. Come next summer, I might look into a gym. However, there's no point in doing that now. In a few weeks, it will be consistently cooler. I actually don't mind working out when it's cold out (so long as it's not really freezing) or in the rain/snow. There's something serene about running in the rain/snow. It's just this blasted heat that I can't stand!

The heat advisory was supposed to expire yesterday evening, but it got extended. One more day of triple digit heat indexes! I'm hoping that I can get some strength training in today, but we'll see. I've temporarily dropped my calories since I'm not working out. Instead of 1550-1600, I'm shooting for about 1450. So far, so good...except for Monday. A friend of mine had me and a few other friends over for dinner. I did good except for the large pile of chips and french onion dip I had. Adding insult to injury was the fact that I brought the chips and dip :roll: . I should have applied my helpful instinct to some cut-up veggies or pita and hummus or something!

Befrizzled--please don't get too discouraged! I just recently went through about six weeks where I didn't lose any weight. And even now that I've started loosing again, I'm still loosing at a much slower rate. And I'd imagine it's even slower going for you since you have so little left to lose! It's crappy but sometimes you just have to ride it out. Our bodies outsmart us sometimes :wink: . Just think about how far you've come. I was looking at old pictures of myself yesterday. Dear Lord. It was kind of horrifying but also kind of exciting to think how far I've come. Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative, baby! :D
    Me = Idiot :roll:

Weight Watchers and Starvation Mode

Apparently, eating 20-24 points a day is considered a low calorie diet and will send your body into starvation mode--which is why there's a bank of 35 points. I don't usually hit 24 points on days I exercise. I only eat my APs and try to never eat many points from the bank. I get 35 from Saturday-Friday, and I've only used 3 so far. Have I put myself into starvation mode yet again?

I'm plugging my calories into sparkpeople today, and I'm at 12 points on WW and 756 cals on SP. Subtract the negative calorie foods (veggies) and a 0pt ketchup usage, and it works out to 756-110 = 646. Divide that by 54 (WW point has appr. 50-55 cals--the vice pres of program development for WW is 5'2, 120lbs, and eats 37 points a day to maintain :shock: which she said is 2000 calories), and it comes out to the 12 points I have, so I know both programs are on the same track. My calorie range for SP is 1200-1550 for losing 8 pounds by Sept 15, burning at least 930 cals/week. I'm tempted to say I burn way more than 930 by going to the gym 6 days a week, cardio everyday and strength 4 days. I took today off.

I'm toying with the idea of eating more. Over winter break, I ate 25 points+ daily and maintained for 4 weeks, minimal activity. Now I've got moderate activity, am eating 20-23 points and fluctuating, not even a steady maintaining. I feel like I'm trying to get healthy, but I just keep hurting myself. The tone to that sounds negative, but I'm not. I'm slightly amused, because this is typically me.

Thoughts on whether I'm back in starvation mode? I'm thinking perhaps, but I'm unsure.
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    Thoughts on whether I'm back in starvation mode? I'm thinking perhaps, but I'm unsure.
    Yes, it sure sounds like you are.

I'm a big, big proponent of not going too low on your calories. In my experience, it's just counterproductive and my mom (certified personal trainer and certified lifestyle/weight management consultant) feels the same way. My mom lost a ton of weight several years back, so she's been through both the personal experience and the technical knowledge/training. On these topics, I really trust what she says.
    Befrizzled wrote:

YES! I very much think so and I'm going to put my neck out on the chopping block here. I've been going back through your last few menus and I notice a couple of things.

I notice you're eating things, but it doesn't appear to be much food, if that makes any sense. Maybe substance or just plain ole' meals is the word I'm looking for. I also may be trying to figure out what you're having for each meal since you don't separate the food items like Rheanna does. Does that make sense? Which things are you eating for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.?

I'm also wondering if maybe eating some different things, adding some carbs, etc. might help. Your body might be tired of the same things almost everyday. I know alot of people on WW encourage changing up your menu, something I've been literally forcing myself to do since I joined SP as I'm such a routine food-eater :lol: . I keep with my same breakfast (oatmeal, brown sugar blend Splenda, skim milk, 1 tsp. peanut butter, DaVinci SF Vanilla Syrup) as it's lower in calories than the Shredded Wheat Bran I was eating while doing Core. But I've been trying to vary my lunches and dinners as I can tend to get in a rut with that, too.

I'm still big on the fact that your body may be happy with 128 or even 130 since it seems to gravitate to that number. But with the amount of exercise you do, it might shake things up for you to get some protein and just more food in general. And I would definitely start using those extra flex points! That's what they're there for and your body probably is indeed in starvation mode!

I hope I made sense and still have my head after posting this :lol: . I hope I don't sound critical or anything .. just trying to come up with suggestions :wink: .

Speaking of starving, my tummy is ready for my afternoon yogurt :lol: !
    CG-modified since 4/05
    LC- I would never, ever be upset with someone for offering advice, especially you!! :D

Breaking up food.. I don't really have a set lunch, but breakfast and dinners are usually actual meals. I tend to snack (instead of an actual lunch) between breakfast and dinner to keep my energy and blood sugar steady. I can start separating the meals, though.

I'm going to try adding 2 points to my base line of 20 starting this week. I'll eat any aditional flex points I may earn. I'll start there and maybe add more as weeks go on.

I'm a fairly boring eater, but I usually enjoy the foods I have. There are times when it gets to be too routine, and I'll search for a replacement. I'm a creature of habit, I guess.

I'd be just fine with 128, truly, if I could lose some of the fat and gain more muscle. Do you mean my body feels comfortable with amount of fat or just with this mass?

Do you think I should add more than the 2 or just start with that and see how it goes? I have to run, but I've got some exercise q's (suggestions for things to do in my apt at school--videos and such so I don't always have to rely on the gym) that I'll be back with later.

Thanks so much. :)

ETA: LC, thanks for suggesting SP. I didn't have the patience to enter calories until today and found out that I juuust hit my low range with 22 points (1222 cals). So this about settles it; I'm upping to between 22-25 per day. 25 should land me in the middle of my range, so maybe I'll aim for 25 everyday, including APs when I earn them and using the flex points when I don't earn them. Key to this is really going to have be staying active at school, which at this point, I'm really motivated to do.

As far as working out at school.. there are going to be many, many days I won't be able to go to the gym. I'm considering getting a bunch of videos--something I can wake up to and something to do later in the day. I have pilates videos, and I'd like to keep those involved, especially since that's more muscle work. I'm considering tae bo for cardio. I'd like to get a few options so I don't get bored. Any suggestions?
    Under construction.
  • mailgirlmailgirl Posts: 451Registered Users
    you ladies are doing well with your points and calories! I just joined a gym to lose some of this blubber and firm up! I posted earlier about the Lifestyle Counselor group and it is going well! I can recommend an awesome book called 100 Days of Weight Loss!
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
    mailgirl wrote:
    you ladies are doing well with your points and calories! I just joined a gym to lose some of this blubber and firm up! I posted earlier about the Lifestyle Counselor group and it is going well! I can recommend an awesome book called 100 Days of Weight Loss!

Congrats on the gym! Are you going to have a trainer/routine set for you or will you be doing it on your own?

Today:
    took the day off at the gym. I'm going tomorrow here and then I'll use the hotel gym on Friday and Saturday, I'll take Sunday off and then go again Monday-Sat as usual.

My calorie range for SP is 1200-1550.
    Daily points is 20, with added in to meet the SP range. I'm nervous about eating more, it's true. But I like it. A little. ;)

Pre-breakfast:
    7 prunes = 1 pt

Breakfast:
    Hard roll, egg whites, mushrooms, onions, little bit ketchup = 4 pts

Snack:
    tbsp almonds = 1 pt

Lunch:
    veggies + tofu = 1 pt
    yogurt w. granola = 2 pts

Snacks:
    hearts of palm = 0 pts
    olean chips with salsa = 1 pts
    hard tack = 0 pts
    1/2 slice banana bread = 2 pts

Dinner:
    Salad w. 1.5 tbsp creamy dressing = 3 pts
    1/2 salmon portion = 3 pts
    veggies with very little cocktail sauce = 0 pts
    2 bites mashed potatoes = 1 pt (to be safe)

Snacks:
    banana = 2 pts
    pizza = 3 pts
    WW ice cream = 1 pt

total: 25. :shock:
    1473 calories.

I'm not sure how I managed to pack nearly 500 cals into 5 points, since at 20 points I was barely above 1000. Eh, no matter. I'm within range, within points, doing what I should be. I hope. :wink:

I'm feeling a little more free but a lot more scared. I figure I'll eat around this everyday, with or without APs. Some higher days without the activity to burn it off will hopefully shake up my metabolism while the days with activity will burn off more. I hope. I think I did this once for a week and maintained, but then I gained weight, but perhaps I've got to stick it out longer than a week.
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled, I'll just jump in and say I agree with LC and Meegs on this one. Since you really don't have pounds to lose, I would just (TRY :D) to ignore the scale as much as possible - start weighing only once a week or something... I am trying to take my own advice here too, so I also do not want to sound critical by any means! Eating more does sound like a good thing for you most assuredly, although I've been there and I understand your fear of gaining! I know I go on about it all the time, but protein protein protein!! :) I also know it's harder for you too, due to eating kosher but the only way your body will burn fat and gain muscle definition is by eating enough, and the working out which of course you are doing very well!!! Without enough calories, your body will hold onto food, store it for fat if it thinks you're starving, and eventually you lose muscle too, thus making your tummy issues bigger (pun intended :wink:). I'm sure you know that, but I just wanted to give my opinion on it too. Sounds like I'm a bit late and all is resolved now!
    I do completely understand about always eating the same things... I get in ruts like that too. My dinners are usually varied because I do cook quite a bit, but breakfast seems to always be the same....

Today for me, no exercise. About 60 oz. of water so far... I haven't ate a lot today, and I've been starved much of the day, but my nutrition and choices weren't as good as usual, so that played a part... Breakfast I was so bored with eggs, cereal/oatmeal makes me starve sooner, etc, so I had a fast food biscuit :oops: Bad, I know. Oh yeah, and coffee.

Lunch:
    Small tortilla with 2 oz. chicken breast, 1 T ranch, a bit of lettuce, and 1/2 an ounce of cheese.

Dinner:
    4 oz sirloin
    3/4 med. ear of corn
    1 cup wild rice

Snack:
    Low fat ice cream

Not nearly as much fruits and veggies as I usually eat, and too high on the fat (mainly due to the fast food breakfast). I'm at 1700 for the day, a bit lower than I like to be, but still within my range. I really hope I don't get hungry any more this evening though because I don't want it to go any higher. I'm frustrated with the stupid scale as it is, because it was up 4 1/2 pounds today! I KNOW it's wrong, but it still ruins my whole day to see that first thing in the morning. I am not going to weigh tomorrow, but will weigh in Friday and then hopefully can take my own advice and not weigh again until next Friday. I'm tired of the fluctuations! :x

Edited to take out about 20 smilies that looked insane on the screen!
    DPTFm5.png
    Weighing once a week: when I get back to school, I think I'll ask the nutritionist to weigh me the days I go in, if I get weighed at all. I haven't had a scale at school yet, and that's because it just wouldn't have been healthy for me then. Probably not best now, so if I can tone it down to once a week (which I couldn't guarantee if I had my own scale), that'd be a huge improvement.

Protein: In my pie chart on SP, I got 5.4% more than the recommended daily value and my range is 30-136g, and I had 72. I was truly surprised that I got in that much. I really like that I can monitor what kinds of nutrients I'm getting. My bf is all into that and has been pushing me forever, but he did so much research for it that I just didn't have patience for. This does it for me, tells me how much I should have, how much I have had, perfect. Now we compare what we're high and low on. Only us. :lol:
    Under construction.
    Howdy everybody :)
    Today I'm on track a bit better, although I know what part of the problem is. I go to the store once a week usually, and after about 5 days, I'm low on a lot of my staples, especially fruits and veggies b/c I like them very fresh. I really don't want to start going twice a week, but I may have to do that so I don't have a couple days wondering what on Earth I should eat!!

Today so far : 40 oz. water, 45 minutes elliptical (over 800 cals burned according to SP!!!!! :shock: )

Breakfast:
    1 oz very lean ham, 1 slice 2% american cheese, 1 egg on 2 pieces whole wheat toast
    Coffee with splenda, 2 T creamer

Snack/Lunch/Whatever:
    1 cup raisin bran
    1/2 cup 2% milk
    1/4 cup Grapes

Dinner:
    Arby's salad with chicken

Snack:
    Klondike slim-a-bear vanilla ice cream sandwich

Total of 1550 cals for today, and I burned off over half of those working out! Hehe...

Befrizzled, good idea on not buying a scale for school. In the past when I dieted I drove across town once every couple of weeks to weigh in at a K-mart that had a scale/fortune thing! LOL. It cost a quarter each time but that was alright though. It kept me from weighing all the time. I haven't been on the scale today so far, so I hope I can keep from weighing till tomorrow! I would love to cut down weighing in to every TWO weeks actually; that way I could see bigger rewards. I'm always afraid my weigh in day will be higher than another day for whatever crazy reason, and I don't want to "count" the higher day! I think if I waited two weeks there would be enough change that I wouldn't have to worry about that so much. I guess I'm a little crazy... :D
    DPTFm5.png
    Hey Ladies!

Well, it appears the heat has finally broken over here. Thank God! Weighed myself yesterday. I'm up to about 41.5 pounds lost overall, so I've lost another 1.5 pounds in the last 10 days or so. Depending on how this weekend goes and if I fluctuate, I'll hopefully have maintained my 1 pound/week goal. And that includes a week of not working out and about four days where my weight loss completely stalled (due to the old friend coming for her monthly visit). Seriously, I go through some spells where I can't lose any weight no matter what I do. Then I go through spells where it seems I could eat a giant chocolate cake each day and still lose weight. Go figure.

Today I'm going back up to ~1600 calories since I'll be working out (as opposed to ~1450 over these last few days). I'll also hopefully workout tomorrow. Sunday is an all-day birthday party for my littlest bro (he's turning 13), so no workout AND cake. However, it's at a water park, so I plan to be walking around, climbing stairs to the waterslides, etc. (and really, I'm just glad that, though I'm almost 27 years old, I still have a valid excuse to ride waterslides :D ).

I'm going to try something new with my workouts. I want to increase my intensity, and get up to doing some interval training (good for fat burning and good for improving fitness quickly, I hear). I normally walk 40-45 minutes, plus cooldown, with a little bit of running mixed in there. I've gotten up to a good walking pace, and really it's at the point where I physically can't walk any faster. If I want to up my intensity, I have to do more running. So I'm going to be more deliberate about increasing my running, but cut down the time I spend a little so I don't overdo it. I'm shooting for 40 minutes including cooldown. And I'd also like to increase the intensity on my weight training, but one step at a time!

For today, I'm just shooting for 35 minutes or so (including cooldown, plus weight training), to get myself back into it. If I don't get a chance to drop back in over the next few days, everyone have a fabulous weekend.
    meegs- that sounds great! :)

Yesterday: upper strength, 45+5 of the usual cardio, upped to level 4; 3 APs earned

pre-breakfast (and workout) : yogurt= 1 pt

breakfast : hard roll, egg whites, mushrooms, onions, little ketchup = 4 pts

snack: tbsp almonds = 1 pt
    WW giant fudge bar = 1 pt

lunch: 1.5 pcs pizza = 5 pts
    1/2 salmon from the night before = 3 pts

snack: 3/4 cup edy's vanilla fat free frozen yogurt (at a rest stop) = 3 pts

dinner: whole wheat pasta w. marinara sauce = 5 pts

snack: 1/2 whatchamacallit bar = 3 pts

total = 26 points, 1373 calories
    too much junk, but we're in a hotel and I'm limited. Blech.

Today: weigh-in day:127.5. That's okay, considering I spent most of my week at 128, 128.5. After my work out I was 126.0, so I figure I'm back in the general range I was a few weeks ago. After three days of 25+ points. Wow.

60 minutes of random, level 4 cardio, 3 minutes cooldown. The level 4 on the treadmill at the hotel is several notches above what the one at home is, so I had myself some kind of intense workout today. I actually wondered if the treadmill was out to get me. The treadmill says I burned 282, but my heart is typically higher than the projected, so probably more. Either way, 3 APs earned (because of intensity).

lunch/brunch: fresh fruit = 1 pt
    veggie burger (on a roll with l&t, little bit ketchup and mustard)= 7 pts (to be safe)
    2 french fries = 0 pts

snack: twizzler = 1 pt
    olean chips = 1 pt
    salad, no dressing = 0 pts
    celery = 0 pts
    ice cream = 3 pts
    apple = 1 pts

dinner: 2 oz chicken = 2
    salad, 1 tbsp dressing = 1

snack/another meal: leftover whole wheat pasta = 5 pts
    1/2 tuna pita = 4 pts
    cookie = 2 pts

total = 28 pts, 1493 calories. A little higher than I'd like, but still in range and it was Friday, so I had all my bank points.

I'll edit in the rest later.
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    I'm going to try adding 2 points to my base line of 20 starting this week. I'll eat any aditional flex points I may earn. I'll start there and maybe add more as weeks go on.

I'd be just fine with 128, truly, if I could lose some of the fat and gain more muscle. Do you mean my body feels comfortable with amount of fat or just with this mass?

Oh, I'm so glad you're not upset with me .. I was almost afraid to come peek :lol: .

Now that you've broken your food into meals and adding more, I must say the first thing I said to myself was "good, she's eating!!" Ironically, I'm eating the same amount of calories as you to lose! Odd, huh?

I would not only add the 2 extra points, but any points you get for your exercise. Don't forget that if you don't add them in, your body might go into starve mode again.

I'm a boring food eater, too, by the way. It's been nice since I've made myself vary my food a bit.

Okay, forgive me, but I'm having such a hard time picturing you have any fat at 128 lbs. I don't know if our body differentiates between fat and muscle as far as what it feels comfortable with. Your nutritionist might could answer that one. I weigh much more than you do and yet sometimes I feel like that's what my body is comfortable with, not that I agree with it :lol: . But your body may be trying to tell you something. Or, once you start giving it some more fuel, it may let go of a few more fat, if it needs to. I'm with Rheanna - up those proteins, which it looks like you've been doing a bit with the salmon.

As for the tapes, I have the Walk Away the Pounds tapes, Cardio Blast (one of those Fit-TV program shows), and a Denise Austin tape. I always gravitate to the WATP tapes.

You're welcome for suggesting SP. It is a pain to enter stuff, especially when it's not on the main database, but it has been keeping me in line and I love earning SparkPoints :lol: !

Hi Rheanna and Meegs!!! Keep up the good work!

I've been doing well this week .. hungrier than usual the last couple of days and don't know what's going on with that. I've been wondering if it's good to feed into it (no pun intended!) and eat a little more or what. I drink enough water to float a boat and truthfully, water never fills me up like you read everywhere. When I'm hungry, I want food! Another proponent of Core I loved. In the long run, I remember how many calories I have left in the day, what can I "afford" to spend them on, etc. and go from there.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me. I'm not holding my breath despite doing well as my body just seems to not let things go easily. I'm still in these smaller jeans and some of my other stuff is definitely feeling better, so as usual, I'll keep focused on that.

Have a great weekends, girls!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    LC- I add in the APs everyday. I'm settled around 25, 26 points a day, with or without APs. It's within my calorie range, and 20 pts was too far below my minimum, so I'm using both programs. I even feel better. I really haven't eaten this much or felt this free with being able to eat in a long time. I've got 2-6 more points than I usually ate, so I stress less about planning and just kind of go with it if I'm hungry. I'm feeling smaller and feeling good about myself. Again.

As far as having fat at 128, that's what I can't figure out! I see so many girls who weigh the same and have bodies I've always wanted, but I've got one much bigger, at least in the areas that I'm trying to tone up. Then again, there are spots on me that have zero fat left (shoulders, my ribs are slightly visible as are my hip bones, etc--I always lose fat there first and I'm a medium frame with a very broad upper body, so those bones are always prominent even when I'm in a healthy weight range or slightly above), but my thighs, arms and stomach have good ole fat stuck to them. I'm okay with my arms as they are, I'm closer to loving my legs, but even losing 2 inches on my stomach will leave fat there, and that's ok. I don't want a body without any fat, just one with some less. Up until now, I was always all fat anyway. Muscle weighs more, but I never had any, so it's always been very little muscle and a lot more fat. I'm seriously weak. I started out with 15 pounds on the chest press and even that hurt me. I'm up to 40 pounds on now, but I can still only lift 10 pound free weights in each hand (3 sets of 10 bicep curls). Until now, I've never really exercised much in my life. This is the fittest and strongest I've ever been. Unfortunately, I've got 19 years of "baby fat" to lose (well, not so much 19 years anymore :wink: ), but I was always more fat vs. muscle. Now it's just a matter of changing that ratio. I'm okay with the number I'm at, but it's just that the body doesn't seem to fit the number.

Congrats again on the jeans! That's so great! :D
    Under construction.
    Hey gals! Just checking in... Been doing well. I have managed to stay off the scale since Wednesday, or was it Thursday? Either way, it's better than weighing repeatedly! Today was a bit high, but it was my nephews bday party and I had a small piece of cake and some ice cream. I came in just under 2000 calories - I think it was 1988. But I burned 465 on the elliptical, so it's okie dokie as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to go the rest of my life w/o having a piece of cake at a birthday party! :D Usually I would have eaten 2X what I had, plus drank some coke, and probably had chips too, which I didn't do either of. So I'm still making improvements :) I'm feeling a lot more fit, and my legs and my arms both seem a bit tighter to me, so that's great as far as I'm concerned!

I'll check in again tomorrow though. Just wanted to say howdy to everyone! It's really, really, realllly late here (3:11, I'm such a night owl!) so I need to get going.

Oh yeah, I'll share this real quick - I'm so excited b/c my entire freakin' family are musical geniuses (mom sings, plays a couple instruments, Dad taught himself guitar, bass, drums, and sings really well, brothers both play drums, some guitar.) I didn't think I had inherited any of this talent and it always made me feel like an outcast in my family. My Dad/Brother are in a band together and they have a lot of equipment at my Dad's house. My mom convinced me to sing (with a CD, not the band b/c I wouldn't allow anyone but family in there! LOL) on a mic thru the sound system, and my mom and dad both about died b/c they didn't think/know I could sing at all, and I never let anyone hear me b/c I just figured I had no talent, or that someone would have noticed, and convinced myself that if I ever "thought" it sounded OK, I was just wrong. Long story short,, Dad's eyes about bugged out and him and mom were both going :o and :shock: and told me that I could sing really well. It made me feel a lot better, because I did feel so weird in the family, plus it's a talent I've always wanted. Gave me a weird little confidence boost! :lol: But don't be watching for me on American Idol or anything anytime soon!! ;)

Just wanted to share. Sorry for boring everyone to death. Also sorry for all the smilies! hehe!
    DPTFm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file