The donut-lovin', pie-eatin' weight loss support thread

Comments

• RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Hey gals! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday... I was busy with the drama on the non-hair boards :roll: . . .

I didn't do well yesterday. I don't know what was with me. I ate something bad for breakfast (fast food sausage biscuit) and then ate nothing but cheerios until late last night, than went to Sonic :(:(:(

I still only ended up at 2200, mainly because I was starved all afternoon by not eating. I was busy most of the day, and then got on here and ignored the fact that I was hungry. Then I tried to cook a healthy dinner, but my chicken had went bad! So I got frustrated and went and got me something. Something bad. But it's okay. Calories were not a big deal, and today I've recovered and back on track. 1592 total for the day, which is just fine by me. I've been trying to eat the right amount; not over or under. I'm not losing as fast as I would be if I were starving, but I know it's better like this.

No exercise the past two days because it has been SO UNBELIEVABLY HOT!!!! I just feel like wilting, and I can't seem to bring myself to do anything other than what I *have* to. If it's tolerable outside in a bit, I'll take the dog for a good long walk.... Seems that's a big if, what with these 100+ days, with 80% humidity! :x

Just wanted to say hello. Hope everyone is well :D

--Congrats meegs on the workout (I can totally sympathesize with the heat)

--Congrats LC on having such a good week! :)

--Congrats Trudi on feeling good about yourself and the sexy stuff :D

--And hi Jen, if you're out there :D
    DPTFm5.png
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Hiya all!

I've been doing pretty well lately. Not exercising as much because of the heat, but the diet part itself is going well. Willpowah!!

It's in the 100s here too. And I got a ratty night's sleep last night because I was up til 2 a.m. helping the boy come up with a new ad for the store he works for. We worked and worked for hours, and then right before he went to bed he told me that the unofficial deadline is a WEEK! I thought he had to have it handed in today! Arrgggh. What a turd.

So, I got myself a small coffee to boost my yuckiness and had half a piece of coffee cake (I know, bad) and a banana. Lunch will be a Lean Cuisine, maybe a piece of string cheese and a fruit cup for a snack. Dinner might be a six-inch sandwich from Subway (turkey, no cheese, wheat roll, lettuce, pickles, black olives, mustard) because I have to go cover the rodeo tonight for my newspaper. Fun times, gag. I get to take photos of dancing horses, a chicken race and some other dumb crapola.

Since it's so damn hot here, I figure I'll sweat off a good number of calories chasing chickens around and jogging around the rodeo ring to get decent shots of bucking horses.

I'm thinking that Rheanna's idea of hard boiled eggs for breakfast is a really good one. I love eggs, but I don't have time to make them in the morning, and they're really filling too. I'll boil some up tonight, wheeeee!

All right, back to work... phone interview scheduled for 11. I'm kicking ass at work this week. Late nights should be nonexistent. Good, because next week I have nightly meetings Monday-Thursday. Ugh.

I am so proud of you all, by the way! And don't forget to give me a kick in the ass if you think I'm slacking. Trust me, I need it and I can take it a lot better from you girls than from the boy. He can be a little harsh when he's thinking that he's helping me. :lol: He doesn't call me names or anything horrible like that, but he can be pretty critical rather than supportive.
    You slay me!! :)

My husband does that too. Ugh. He tries to be supportive but he's like "You don't need to eat that" and I always get defensive and say "are you saying I'm fat?!" even though I'm the dummy that told him to say that! :lol:

Boiled eggs are yum for breakfast and they keep you full longer. I can't do carb type stuff for breakfast, because I don't eat lunch, and I'd be starved in 2 hours. I'll tell ya the best way to make 'em so they never turn out green (YUCK) - I saw it on 30 Minute Meals. Put them in cold water in the pan, turn on high, no lid. As soon as it comes to a good rolling boil, cover the pan and turn off the heat. In about 12 minutes, perfecto! :) If you already knew this, sorry. I like to show off all my amazing skills!

:lol:

So far today, a yummy ham egg & cheese on toast sandwich! And apple juice. 600 calories is it thus far.

This heat is keeping me from working out too. And today's it's raining :cry:
    DPTFm5.png
    I wish it would rain! It's fire season here; very dry and such. We had a hail storm a couple of weeks ago that wiped out a lot of local orchards, but it's not really the same thing. :lol::wink:

Anyway, why do guys have to be so blunt like that? I'd find it much better if he'd just make suggestions or something rather than being like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING! You can't eat that! You're the one who wants to lose weight!" I get so mad at him that I've just stopped asking for his support. He eats his bucketloads of fattening junk, I eat leaner substitutes, and we leave each other alone.

He's actually getting a bit of a gut. It makes him really sad and self-conscious. He's never had to watch what he eats or exercise before. He's not at the point where he wants to change his dietary lifestyle, but I imagine I'll have to help him start drawing a line before he gains too much more and completely depresses himself. I know how hard it is to lose extra pounds when you're feeling like **** about yourself. I'm caught between feeling sorry for him and being like, "See?! It's not easy now, is it?" I prefer the extra bit of chunk than being able to see his rib cage, though. :lol: He's much snugglier this way.

My jeans are fitting just a bit looser, which is nice. I'm hoping I'll be able to wiggle comfortably back into the next size down in a few weeks. Woohoo! :D

Oh, and thanks for the boiling tips! I've only boiled eggs a few times in my life (I haven't been living on my own for very long now!) and it always seems to take forever.
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Trudi - gotcha on the tummy thing. Oh, and I'm going to post another post after this one. I read two very good articles on SP the other day and thought of you :) .

Girls, I'm :oops: at having to admit this, but I'm in my third (happiest and final!) marriage. My first husband (father to my sons), flat told me the reason for all of HIS problems was my weight. Huh? So, I said fine, I'll starve. He left me for a friend (yeah, I know) who was very weight-conscience. He ended up leavin her, too. He himself is pretty stocky.

Second husband never said a thing about my weight. It was a long, highly stressful marriage and only after I decided to get me and my sons out, did he say anything about my weight. Not that he was normal weight, either.

My husband now is a health nut and had we met on the street would have passed each other by :lol: . We met on the internet and he learned alot about my ups and downs with weight. He definitely came across as someone who thought "move it, lose it" should work for everyone. But I learned him well :lol: . He has a new perspective on how difficult it can be and has never once said anything about my weight in the almost 8 years we've been married.

Oh, and just for the record, my first marriage lasted 11 years, the second was 8, so it wasn't "easy come, easy go" .. I firmly believe in "married until death do ye part" but unfortunately, things didn't work out that way for me.

Most men try to be supportive or think they're trying to help, but being a "martian", it usually doesn't come out right!

Back to weight :lol: . I've decided to step away from the scales. I "feel" much lighter today, clothes feel good, but the scale was up .5 :evil: . I've been keeping in my range, so it's frustrating. I've been using Weight Commander as it's cool to see your weight go down, but it requires you weigh everyday. So .. I'm going to let Saturdays be my official weigh day. The numbers frustrate me so I have to focus on how I'm feeling and how my clothes are feeling.

Wow, it's time to do the Friday afternoon get-ready-for-the-weekend stuff at work :D ! You gals have a great weekend!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    Okay .. here's the first of one of the articles:

5 Ways to Love Your Body
    Let Cupid Take Aim at You

-- By Carre Myers Smith, Health & Exercise Expert

While many of us have an easy time showering other people with love, we find that Cupid has yet to hit us with the "body love" arrow. Don’t wait for Cupid! Begin today to start appreciating, accepting and yes, even loving your body.

Stop picking yourself apart
    Let’s face it: No matter how close-to-perfection body you have (and just what is the perfect body anyway?), chances are, there is something you would change about it if you could. Even celebrities and models who have been stamped with the media’s "perfect body" rating have parts they dislike – their feet, their hands, their ears – and they don’t necessarily have high self-esteem either! Rather than pick your body apart, look at your body as a whole (and read the next point…)

Consider the marvelous functions of your body
    There are millions of microscopic functions that go on in our bodies every day, and you don’t even have to think about them. They just happen! Unfortunately, it often takes a crisis or a tragedy, such as a brush with death, a go-around with a disease, or a debilitating accident for some women to realize that their bodies weren’t so bad to begin with and that their body hang-ups were a big waste of time. Don’t let that be the case with you! How much time are you spending each day worrying about your weight, your body shape, the size of your rear? What could you be doing during that time? Maybe you’re supposed to be the first female president, but you’ll never know because you’re too busy obsessing about your abs!

Get real
    Did you know that most of the images you see on television, movies and magazines aren’t even real? A model for a magazine cover goes through hours of professional hair and make-up, has professional stylists, top photographers who know her "best side," professional lighting, and that’s all before the chosen photo goes to a company where they remove stray hairs, wrinkles, blemishes and "extra" curves. Sometimes Model A’s head is stuck onto Model B’s body. What you see is totally made up!

And it’s not just fashion magazines that are creating a fantasy. Most of today’s "fitness" magazines are following suit. On top of airbrushing and computer generating their models, fitness magazines now need to audition their models to be sure they’re strong enough to just do basic exercises! Muscles are even airbrushed in! It’s time to get real! Find real role models who emanate the qualities you desire. Educate yourself about what really goes on "behind the scenes." And realize that no one naturally "glows" the way those models in the magazines do!

Change your inner dialogue
    It’s been said that we teach others how to treat us. If we believe that, the message that comes across to others is that we are not worth being liked, loved, or treated with respect. Most of it comes from what we’re not even saying. Choose to believe that you are worth taking care of and that you have the right to be respected and treated with dignity – and act like it!

Take care of your body
    Diets, pills, quick-fixes, binging, not exercising, over-exercising, all these things disrespect one of the greatest gifts you have been given – your body! You only get one per lifetime, so give it the respect it deserves. You will not only feel better, but you just might become someone else’s role model!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    And the second, which inspired me to quit weighing everyday!

Use Measurements Besides the Scale
    What's So Motivating About Numbers Anyway?

-- By Mike Kramer, Staff Writer

Pretend for a minute that gravity doesn’t exist. Everything is weightless, including your aunt Sophie, yet it all manages to stay on the ground. You don’t know how much you weigh because scales have never been invented. How would you define your state of health? After all, you wouldn’t be able to say "I need to lose 10 pounds" or "I weigh 150 pounds, so I must be overweight."

What would be your benchmark? You might still not like how you look. You might be tired of being tired all the time. You might need to trim down and take care of that blood pressure problem. You might want to avoid diabetes.

In a gravity-free world, those are all still good reasons to create healthy diet and fitness habits. Who knows, you might decide "Hey, I feel alright, I look alright, and I’m healthy. If I can just maintain the habits I have, I should be okay."

The point is, you can decide for yourself what shape you’re in. You don’t need the scale to tell you. Unfortunately, many times we get down on ourselves simply because something as trivial as gravity tells us we’re out of shape. Some people feel and look fantastic in every respect, but if the number on the scale doesn’t match expectations, they’re miserable. This doesn’t make sense. Gravity should not be able to wield that kind of power.

In this gravity-rich reality we live in, we have a fascination with the scale. While it’s good for giving you a general idea of your health, this can be the most discouraging and frustrating part of a diet. Your weight can fluctuate all the time and reasons why are never completely known. Time of day, temperature, the day’s activities, water level – all can skew the numbers one way or the other. In reality, you could be getting discouraged over something that’s not really accurate.

To stay motivated, try finding other ways to measure your progress instead of stepping on the scale. Try some benchmarks that actually matter. Some may be tougher to measure than others, some are more subjective. But we think you’ll find that these measurements can still be a lot more meaningful and motivating.

Take some of these regular measurements to stay motivated, even if the scale isn’t moving:

Body Measures – dress size, waist, hips, neck, arms, fitting into favorite clothes
    Performance – more endurance during exercise, doing them at a higher level, jumping higher, walking longer, running faster, playing a sport better
    General Feeling – rate energy level, rate attitude and outlook, track how often you feel very sleepy during the day, rate your confidence level
    Health – blood pressure, cholesterol level, blood sugar level
    Intangibles – how you look, compliments you receive, how others respond to you
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Thanks so much for posting those articles! I really appreciate it! :D My nutirionist has been working with me to think more positively, a la the first article, especially the inner dialogue part. She even gave me a paper with typical comments people make about their bodies, what they SHOULD be saying to spin it in a positive light, and then has me figure out what good it's doing me by being negative. No good, of course. Just takes a while to rewire my thinking.

The second article is what I've been working on recently. I've been using a measuring tape. My clothes don't really fit differently, but I don't much expect them to. With inches I lose, I hope to have to hold in my stomach less, so my clothes will still fit me the same, it's just my own adjustments to my body that I'll be able to abandon. Every time I up my weights, I feel fantastic. I can even tell the difference in my muscles by feeling my biceps. I was so excited, lol. And I think I've always leaned toward this general philosophy, anyway. I can't say I want to lose 10 more pounds. I don't really know. I just know how I want to look. I also know I want to lose fat and gain muscle, but how much of each, I can't pinpoint. I weigh myself to make sure that at least the fat part is coming off, since you lose fat faster than you gain muscle, even though muscle weighs more. Eventually, I figure the numbers will stall or go up, but I'll still see changes in my body. And that's ok.

Speaking of.. today, I have FINALLY broken my 2+ month plateau! I'm 126.5 this morning (official weigh-in day). This is the lowest I've been since... wow.. since before I gained the weight that I lost before 8th grade. I'm going to a concert tomorrow with an ex and his new gf and another guy that has a thing for me, and while I have a boyfriend, it'll be good to feel good around these guys (and all the other ones at the show ;)). It's been forever since I've been this relaxed about my body being in public. I still have a way to go, but I can at least see I'm getting there.

I forgot to update yesterday, so here was that:
    lower strength training, 45 minutes cardio random/level 3/3.0 mph, 5 mins cooldown.
    3 activity points earned.

egg whites, mushrooms, onions, hard roll = 4 pts
    cake = 6 pts
    ice cream = 2 pts (my mom's birthday was yesterday, the 20th, thus the cake 2 days in a row. only on birthdays, usually.)
    yogurt = 1 pt
    salmon = 3 pts
    broccoli, which I suspect has some butter on it = 2 pts
    tomatoes = 0 pts
    rest of the salmon = 4 pts
    yogurt = 1 pt

total = 23 pts. Target.

Today, well, it's Friday. I have 31 points left in my weekly bank which expires tonight. Today I eat the things I wouldn't during the week/ don't know the points.

upper strength training, 45 minutes cardio on random/level 3/3.0 mph, 5 mins cooldown.
    3 activity points earned

vegetarian teriyaki wrap + 1/2 order fries = 8 pts? (wrap is 3-4, fries are 4-5, I guesstimated)
    6 mentos = 1 pt
    1/2 cookie, 1/2 brownie, skim milk = 6 pts? (guesstimation yet again)
    5 oz. turkey = 5 pts
    green beans = 0 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    the other 1/2 cookie, skim milk = 4 pts (guesstimate)

total= 26ish. I'm fairly sure I'm done for the night. Most of my points were spent on "bad" food, and it was fairly liberating. But just for today. ;)

Tomorrow will be a weird food day. I'm going to an all day show, the only food available there being fries and burgers. I don't eat nonkosher meat, so fries are my only option. I'll probably try to forego those as long as I can (see low blood sugar thread on the non-hair board), but by the time the show is over, my options will be fast food. I'm going to try and head some of this off by bringing my own food. Try. If not, I know the healthier fast food options. But I'll be walking around all day in the heat, so I'll be burning calories.

As far as the SOs and weight go.. My bf gained weight this past year, has gone vegan, measures his food, figures out what nutrients he's getting, etc. He wants me to start taking all these vitamins with him. I can't keep up with much of that because it's just too much counting, and I'm tired of obsessing over everything. But he'd like to lose 40 pounds or so eventually, but he's not being impatient. If it takes him a few years, he's okay with that. But he doesn't understand my issues with food, and while I give him props for having the motivation to so all of this, I don't really get it. But as long as we keep our habits to ourselves instead of forcing them on each other, it'll be fine.

And LC, I'm glad you found someone who loves you for you and understands you. :D My cousin lost a lot of weight when she was younger and found herself a man who finds it his duty to inform her that "her ass is getting too big" when the woman doesn't need to lose anything. HE, on the other hand, is not the fittest guy. When he's around me, he makes sure to tell me how great I look anymore as he looks me up and down. He's obsessed with thinness, except in himself. And no reason to :oops:. I think it's great that out of all of it, you found someone who's right, and also, that you had the courage and respect for yourself to move on/get out. Your children are lucky to have you. :)
    Under construction.
    Ohhh, congratulations! I bet you look beautiful!
    Congrats everybody, for breaking plateaus and feeling lighter and fitting into clothes and all :) If I quoted each post and then rambled on (as I do) about it, this would jump to 9 or 10 pages, so I won't!

I guess I got some exercise in anyway today. I cleaned the house for nearly three hours :shock: We treated the cats for fleas, but we needed to treat the house too and I was vacuuming like a fiend and using my flea killer stuff.... pulling out furniture, crawling along baseboards, the workds. Not at all fun. I was also cleaning the bathroom, mopping ALL of the vinyl in the house, dusting, vacuuming mattresses, couches. UGH. Glad it's done, and the house feels cleaner anyway.I don't have a clue how many calories I burned, but I about had a heat stroke despite the a/c and was pouring the sweat, so I'd guess more than I do on a walk or the elliptical.

Seeing as it is Friday, I will proably treat myself to my once a week sweets tonight! And we almost always go out to dinner on Fridays when Jeff gets off, and I'm hoping "Lady in the Water" came to our crappy little theater. We never get the good movies, and if we do we get them 2-3 months after they came out :roll:

I snacked on some natural white corn chips and mild salsa. I've only had 20 oz. of water today, I need to step it up!

"Talk" to you guys this weekend!

PS: Thanks LC for those articles!! :) And don't be embarrassed about being in your third marriage. I'm glad you've finally found someone who appreciates you and makes you happy :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Happy weekend, everyone!

Yesterday was that huge concert, and I swear, I got zero nutrition out of it. No weight gained (down 1/2 pound, but still not counting it yet, just in case it's a fluke...), so it's okay. For one day, anyway (and actually, Wednesday too, at Ozzfest).

oatmeal = 2 pts
    pretzels = 2 pts
    few olean chips + mentos = 1 pt
    extend bar = 2 pts
    fries/onions rings = 7 pts?
    breakfast cookie = 5 pts
    chocolate = 1 pt
    BK veggie whopper, no mayo, no cheese (so bun + veggies)= 5 pts

total = 25 pts? I also was standing and walking from 11am-9pm, so I don't know what kind of calories I burned. I'm going to leave it at 25, even though I didn't count every single bite I had. I did to a lot of walking, I'm not up anything on the scale, so 25 is good. And I also usually have most of my weekly bank left by Friday, so even if I undercounted, I won't be spending the points I forgot to count on something else.
    Under construction.
    Hey everyone. I did bad this weekend. I felt like crud all weekend; all those horrible female problems and ate between 2500 and 3000 calories Friday and Saturday *sigh* I felt so bad I didn't want to cook and so I just basically ate whatever was in front of me. A lot of those calories were from empty sugars like soda. I sent my hubby for something to drink (I didn't go to the store as planned, also because of how bad I felt) and he brought me back regular pop instead of diet, so I drank it. It was like 32 oz cup, so that was a TON of calories. That was yesterday; Friday I was higher because I had a blizzard which I usually treat myself with if I've been"good" - it was the only "bad thing" on Friday, so I guess it wasn't too awful of a day. Right at 2500 that day, closer to 3000 yesterday. No weight gained, and atleast I burned 850 calories on Friday by doing HEAVY cleaning for 2 1/2 hours... I'm trying not to get too down about it and I picked back up today, so I am not going to guilt myself about it and dwell on it. Today I had natural pb on whole wheat toast for breakfast, cup of coffee with some sugar and creamer. Lunch was a 95% lean ham/2% cheese sandwich, also on whole wheat. Dinner was very lean sirloin steak, 1 baked potato with 1/2 pat butter, 1 T sour cream, 1/2 ear corn on the cob, and some salad with 1 T ranch dressing.

Total was 1620 calories today, so that's fine.

I hope to do really good this week; if I don't, no treat this weekend :)

I did see some things in a mazagine I picked up at the grocery store today and I'm thinking about trying it - it's a "carb cycling" diet, for people whlo can't stand to do all out low carb but still benefit from doing so... Basically you eat one day high carbs, the next day low. For high carbs you only eat what they call "clean" carbs which are things like whole grains and fruit; you don't use it as an excuse to hit the sweets or anything! :lol: It says you get the benefits of doing all low carb, without the burnout and the cravings and deprivation. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me; I may start trying it. One thing that stood out to me, especially for you Befrizzled, since you really don't have weight to lose as in poundage, but just fat loss needed is this sentence from it : "Without enough carbs, dieters feel fatigued, deprived, and prone to pig-outs. Without enough protein, we tend to lose as much muscle as fat, causing metabolism to drop and making regain inevitable. With carb cycling - basically a "smart carb" approach - you minimize the risk of running low or high on either way. That means . . . extra fat burn . . . a higher metabolism . . . less hunger."

But the colored part definitely made me think of Befrizzled :D

If you guys want more info, it's in "Woman's World" magazine, for the week of August 1, 2006 - it's only like a buck 1/2 :) It has a picture on the front of a woman that lost 85 pounds supposedly following that plan... Or I can give more info if anyone is interested and doesn't want to/cant find the mazazine.

Oh yeah, it did have something else interesting in it but since everyone is probably asleep, I'll start a new post for that! :lol:
    DPTFm5.png
    Ok, this part is called "hypnotize yourself into losing weight. . . "

It sounds a bit hokey, but who knows :)

1. Relax your mind. . . Take a few deep breaths, and clear your thoughts.
    2. Picture yourself overcoming a craving. If you have a sweet tooth, imagine that you're face with cake and fruit, and see youself choosing the fruit.
    3. Create an affirmation. It might be 'I always choose healthy food.' If you think this while your mind is in daydream state, your subconscious will believe it - and help make it real.
    4. Try making believe. Studes show that consistently telling yourself ' I ate cake as a child and it made me sick' can actually turn you off to cake.
    5. Practice this for a few minutes each day. The more deeply you become absorbed in your daydream, the more effective it wll be.

Like I said, sounds a lil bit hokey!! :) But it may work, and it's not as though it's hard to try. I am a believer that most of us become what we convince ourselves we'll be... That telling yourself constantly how fat you are, or how you won't lose weight, is definitely not good for the willpower and esteem, and may even be detrimental to actually losing weight - so I guess based on that, it could work :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Thanks for the info, Rheanna! I've been really low on protein lately, and I keep trying to make sure I'm getting in more. The past few days have been a total waste in that department. I'm hoping to get to the store soon. Anyone have any suggestions on easy ways to get in protein? Maybe I'll look into cheese sticks... I tend to eat 97% ff hot dogs, almonds, fish, meat if I'm home but not if I'm out, but keeping kosher can seriously put a damper on things. Tonight we had Chinese, but I'm stuck with the veggie options, so I can't get in things like chicken.

Today:
    no exercise. Sunday = day off, plus my legs are really tight from yesterday's show. They'll hurt tomorrow, but I'll give the gym a try. I'll cut out cardio if I have to and lighten up on the weights if necessary, but might as well work my leg muscles to stretch them out and loosen them up. I've got another show Wednesday that may put me out of the gym on Thursday, so I don't want to skip too much.

fruit and yogurt parfait = 3 pts
    McD's Asian salad (no chicken), 1/2 the almonds, >1/2 dressing, 2 oz. turkey = 4 pts
    94% ff popcorn = 1 pt
    veggie dumplings = 6 pts
    tofu + veggies = 1 pt
    mentos (2) = 0 pts
    ice cream = 3 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts

total = 20 pts. Target.

I went to eat my weight watchers ice cream today (1 pt), but noticed the freezer hadn't been shut properly yesterday! Some of the liquids were a little melted, the meats were all fairly frozen, even some of the ice creams were okay, but not my weight watchers ones. They were all water. :( And we were out of Olean chips. I loooove those when I crave something crunchy. No more yogurt, not more hot dogs. I'm out of everything now. Except oatmeal and popcorn, it seems.

I added pics of yesterday to my mysapce (www) and PixieCurl's thread with my name on the non-hair board, in case any of you are interested in checking out a mud covered me. :lol:

Have a good night, everyone!
    Under construction.
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Hello ladies!

This weekend went OK. I did indulge a little on Friday and Saturday. I went over my normal calorie target, but I still stayed in my planned range. I also worked out Friday and Saturday. Good workout both days.

Yesterday I went to a party. While I didn't go completely overboard, I could have done better. I did OK with the meal, but too much nibbling on the appetizers before and too much dessert after! I'm an appetizer gal normally (love the little munchies), but if I really wanted to splurge on them I should have adjusted the rest of my food intake accordingly.

Working very hard at getting back on track today, though I am meeting some friends for dinner tonight. I just need to stop planning so many social engagements. :lol:

This week I'm working on increasing the run/walk ratio of my cardio workouts, and I'd like to get in 5 workouts this week. This means I have to workout everyday I'm able to (2 days are already out due to school). I can live with 4 days, but I need to improve on the 3 days I did this past week.

I did lose another pound last week (up to 40 overall), but we'll see how much I gave back with my little weekend spree.

As far as protein goes, getting enough is one of my main goals as well. I get most of my protein through lean meats (lean steak and chicken breasts, mostly), some cheese and milk, and plenty of yogurt. I also try to combine some plant proteins--peanut butter with whole wheat bread for example. I occasionally eat almonds or other nuts, but I'm not a huge nut fan. At least, I'm not a huge nut fan if they're not extremely salted or honey roasted or combined with chocolate and other goodies. 8)

It's a little harder for me to eat meat since I'm a single gal, living with a roommate (my sister), but we do our thing with food since we're rarely home at the same time for dinner. I buy chicken breasts when they're on sale and freeze it by the pound. I am also a fan of No Name Steaks. They're frozen and vacuum-packed, so they stay very fresh. They cook up nicely too. They're very good for someone like me, who only cooks one portion at a time. Reasonably priced too (for steak, anyway).

I like their petite cuts, which are about 150 calories each. They do have 3 grams of sat fat, and 480 mg of sodium. If you struggle to keep the sat fat and salt low, they might not be the best bet. However, I eat a low-fat and low-salt diet naturally, so it's not a concern for me. I have no idea if they're kosher or not--sorry, Befrizzled.
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
    Hi girls!

I'm here at work checking in. I read all the posts but as usual, can't comment on everything. Glad you enjoyed the articles, Trudi. I liked what Rheanna pointed out in that article about eating more protein. My hubby is a healthnut as I pointed out and he's big into nutrition. It's recommended to eat most of our carbs during the morning/daytime and concentrate on proteins at night. Rheanna, the carb-cycling sounds interesting (I've heard of that before) and could definitely be incorporated with SP if you're still doing that. I'm so glad I found that place .. really keeps me motivated!

My weekend was good. I did 3 20-minute sessions on my elliptical Saturday morning. We had a birthday party to go to (I only ate 4 Hershey's kisses, skipped the pizza and cake!) and a family cookout that night, so I saved my calories for that. We had an ice cream supper after church last night, but I only had about a cup of ice cream and 2 cookies. I didn't tally the calories for either day, but made sure I drank all my water.

Saturday morning's weigh-in showed I'm back down :D . I had lost 3.5 lbs. the week before and am within .5 lb of that again. I've stuck to my resolve not to weigh again until next Saturday, so far :lol: .

Thank you for your sweet comments about how my life has gone with men! I wished I'd met my husband now first, and the only reason I'm glad I didn't is I wouldn't have my sons. But I am truly happy now and God has blessed me with a man who's become a Christian and has become a blessing in my family.

Have a wonderful day, girls!!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Befrizzled - you probably got in a lot of exercise walking around and being active at the concert - more than a typical day, so don't stress out too much about not being able to get to the gym as much :D

Im' sure it is harder to get in protein by only eating kosher... I'm sorry as I don't know much about what is kosher and what isn't, but do you like peanut butter? I'd die without my pb, natural only of course :D because it's so easy to take with you and it tastes good too... But I won't ramble on too much about peanut butter! :lol:

Meegs - congrats on the 40 pounds lost! You're my hero :D How much further do you have to go?

LC - Good job on the weight loss and on the resisting cake at the party! That's hard to do... I'm not too good with it myself... I see it as "hey its a birthday, I should eat cake" which is fine for birthdays every now and again, but there are some times when I'll have 4-5 parties in a matter of a couple weeks and I shouldn't eat cake at every one! :lol:

Okay, my day today has went well. I am trying to eat more frequently to help control blood sugar and keep it from getting low... So I got some things like string cheese, almonds, etc to take to work for when I get hungry.

Today I had this :
    2 hard boiled eggs
    2 sugar free whole wheat pieces of toast, 1 pat butter
    Coffee with 2 T sugar, 2 T creamer

1 string cheese
    1/2 oz. almonds
    1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes

1 cup total with strawberries and blueberries
    1/2 cup milk

4 oz tuna
    2 piece whole wheat (sugar free)
    1 T mayo
    1 salad (lettuce/cucumber/tomato/red onion) with 1 T ranch dressing

Sounds like a lot all written out like that! :lol: It came to 1660 calories. I think I eat a lot really, but I try my best to eat filling healthy foods so that I don't starve to death... Everytime I eat however, I am hungry by the time I eat, and I never get full, so I guess I'm doing the best I can...So far no more weight gone but AF visited, for about 12 hours, and then went away :roll: :roll: :roll: and I have the yucky blech bloated feeling so maybe that's a contributor. Considering the weekend I had, I'm not worried about it!

I am thinking of doing WW again, not the meetings, but tracking points instead of calories. It takes wayyyy too long to get online and input everything I eat, especially if it's several little things. I'm on dial up! :lol: I have all my stuff from before, so maybe I'll give that a go.
    DPTFm5.png
    Congrats everyone on doing so well! :D

Here's a link to a site with info on what kosher is: link
    When I eat out, I'll only eat "kosher" fish, even though preparing it in a restaurant technically makes it non-kosher. However, there really is no "wrong" way to kill a fish (a lot of kosher laws have to do with the way things are killed), so as long as it's an allowed fish, I'll eat it. However, there is a wrong way to kill a cow, chicken, etc., and typically non-certified meat isn't killed that way, so I won't eat meat that isn't kosher. I also don't mix meat with dairy. So when I go out to eat, my options are fish or veggies. There have been places that don't even have an allowed fish, so I've been stuck with a side of green beans or something. I do like peanut butter, but 1 tbsp I think equals 2 points, so I don't like to have it more than once a day and cutting out other foods or being able to eat more often (by eating lesser point foods, like the hot dogs, yogurt, etc.). At school, I made a pb&j sandwich everyday, either on a light whole wheat English muffin or on whole wheat bread. Yummy. :)

Okay. So today I set out a new goal. It's in measurements. My goal (mostly writing this so I can keep track of it somewhere I can't lose it...):
    waist = 27 inches
    hips = 32-32.5 inches

That's about what I am with my stomach held in. With it out, I'm about 1.5-2 inches bigger, which sounds like less than it looks, it seems. I'm going to take exact measurements tomorrow so I can keep track of my progress on that front. I'll also measure my arms and thighs, just to see where I get on those, but I'm not currently working on losing from there, as my stomach is my main concern. I wouldn't complain if anything came off though, especially my thighs. :wink:

And you know, I was looking at the sizing chart for American Eagle. They say that 34 inch hips is an XXS. Um, BS, thankyouverymuch. My jeans sit on my hips, and I wear a 6 there, and I measure 34 with my stomach OUT. My waist is 28.5 out, 27 in, and they say THAT'S a 6, but my jeans certainly don't sit on my wasit. I hate charts. They never work for me. Do they ever work at all for anyone else?

Today:
    lower strength, 45 cardio random/level 3/3.0 mph, 5 minutes cooldown
    not even an issue with my sore legs. The weights were much easier than they have been, so I get to up them again. Progress! :)
    3 activity points earned.

2 mentos = 0 pts
    egg whites, mushrooms, onions, hard roll = 4 pts
    fork tine of peanut butter (scraped on an empty cup) = 0 pts
    tofu + veggies = 1 pt
    spinach, 1/3 cup craisins, 1/2 cup mandarin oranges, 8 sprays wishbone balsamic = 3 pts
    carrots = 0 pts
    94% ff popcorn = 1 pt
    biscuit = 4 pts
    tilapia = 4 pts
    veggies = 0 pts
    salad with 1 crouton, vinegar = 0 pts
    small bite salmon = 0 pts
    Rita's kid size cream ice = 4 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    pickle = 0 pts

total = 23 points. Target. I did extra activity today, so I'm not worrying about the little bites, as long as they were still small. Enough little bites and I add a point.

Rheanna, I count WW points because for me, it's just so much easier than counting every single calorie. I'm motivated, but having to work so much to keep track of things turns me off. Points are easier to remember so I often don't even have to look up the foods I eat. And I have the books that I can carry around, versus having to look up calories on the computer. And now I'll get off my soapbox. ;)

Have a good night!
    Under construction.
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Meegs - congrats on the 40 pounds lost! You're my hero :D How much further do you have to go?
    Honestly, I'd like to lose another 40. But I'm not overly stressed about it right now. I feel very encouraged and excited by how far I've come. Even though I'm still chubby, I'm past the point where my weight causes me constant stress. So long as I stay on it, I'm feeling good. (I sound so enthusiastic now...talk to me again when I'm at another plateau. :lol: )

Yesterday, I did my some weight training, and then I did 3 miles walk/run. It was hot and tiring, but good. I am not as sore today as I thought I would be. Progress! I am having trouble staying hydrated enough during my walks. I need to work on getting more fluids throughout the day, and I think I'm going to look for a small water bottle that I can take with while I'm walking and/or running. Class tonight so no workout today.

For dinner, I met a group of friends for Chinese food. It went OK! I only had half a small egg roll for an appetizer. I just had a few bites of rice with my dinner. I like rice and all, but the chicken and veggies are the real draw for me. The rice would just be filler, extra calories. I boxed up the rest of my entree, and I'll have it for lunch and for a snack today. So I got 2.5 meals out of the deal. Several months ago, I might have eaten almost all of it at once.

Sounds like everyone else is doing really well. I notice you all are eating lots of fruits and veggies. Good job! Yay for summer and lots of good things in season! I've been eating fat-free yougurt with strawberries and a little granola sprinkled on top. So yummy.
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
    Befrizzled, I much preferred counting points over calories too, so I can understand where you're coming from :D We moved back in February and have been renovating our (fixer-upper) house ever since then, and I think all my weight watchers stuff are in a box in our "junk" room! Yay... That'll be a load of fun to locate as the room is now filled with boxes, paint, boxes of peel and stick tile flooring, stove hoods, paint supplies and extra furniture! :lol: But I think I'll go look for those things and keep track of points instead. I think I was at 28 points and I remember being hungry a lot on WW and not losing much weight, but at that time I ate a lot of empty stuff with no protein, hardly any fat or fiber, so maybe I'll do better now.
    BTW: Saw your pics! You're beautiful :) I hope you can see that!! And you sound so tiny... When I was at my thinnest my waist was about the same as yours but for me it was more width and less thickness; I didn't have much belly, and my hips were about 38 because I have a big ol' butt :D So that probably made my waist feel smaller to me, because of the difference from my hips, if that makes sense. . . Now everything is almost 10 inches bigger. Ugh. Measurements sounds like a good way to go for you though since you don't really have actual pounds to lose.

Thanks for the info on kosher!

Okay, I'm rambling on and on now and you're probably asleep so I'll stop!

Meegs, you're a great motivation! Sounds like you're doing so good :)

Today I slept late because I was up till after 4 am last night (just COULD NOT sleep), I only had a cup of coffee around 10:30 am and then at 12:30 had lunch with my mom, hubby and grandmother at a local mexican restaurant. I split up what I usually would have ate all at once, and drank diet (before I drank regular coke most times when I went out to eat). I had some salad with pico de gallo and about 1 1/2 T of sour cream, a bit of rice (1/4 cup-1/3 cup maybe), 2 very small tortillas (the ones about too small to wrap/roll!) and chicken, lean steak, onions, peppers and tomato. I don't know the calories, but I'll look it up later when I have time. I'm guessing 750 for now, which is okay because that's two meals in one. I may be off though...

Well, I'm at work now so I need to get going and actually work :wink:

Talk to everyone soon!
    DPTFm5.png
    I'm wide enough, too, but it's the pooch I don't like, because it's still very very there. That pic of you in the flowery black dress looks smaller than I am. I have negative booty. I've had my hips measured at the biggest part of my pooch or around the largest part of my flat ole butt, but that's closer to my thighs because well, there's no butt. I'm going with the pooch measure, since that's where I'd like to lose it from. If I lose any more of my backside, it'll be gone. That's the one part of my body I never ever worried about. It's just not there. Just for kicks, I measured lower and it's about 36.5, mostly in my thighs. I'm not too concerned with that. My jeans fit, and I don't want to be a smaller size or have the legs too loose, so that can stay the same. I'd just like to tone up and tighten up there, maybe lose a little off my inner thighs. But if not, no bigige.

And you know, I felt SO good at that concert! I was so comfortable with myself, I didn't care that I was covered in mud, I just felt good and loved it. I certainly did not feel that way last summer. My original goal was to be super pleased with my body by tomorrow (Ozzfest), and while I haven't reached that goal, I'm feeling significantly better than I was when I made that goal, so I'm not stressing. Just being as happy as I can. :)

I said I'd measure the rest of my body this morning, but I had to leave much earlier than expected, and I want to measure without food in me. My stomach puffs up like you wouldn't believe when I eat. There was a thread about it by someone else on the non-hair board a while ago. But I want true measurements, so maybe I'll do it on Friday when I get up and do the weigh in thing.

I'll add in the food later. So far, so good. Only junk food has been 1 mento(s?). I LOVE those. Serving size is listed as one. I think that's crazy.
    Under construction.
    Today:
    upper strength, 45 mins cardio random/level 3/3.0 mph, 5 mins cooldown
    3 activity points earned

egg whites, hard roll, mushrooms, onions = 4 pts
    mentos (1) = 0 pts
    oatmeal (twice) = 4 pts
    almonds = 3 pts
    94% ff popcorn = 1 pt
    mushrooms = 0 pts
    steamed carrots = 0 pts
    appr. 4-4.5 ounces steak = 8 pts to be safe
    green beans = 0 pts
    ice cream = 1 pt
    a few craisins, less than a teaspoon = 0 pts
    3 auntie anne's stix (with butter, they weren't making anymore tonight) = 5 pts
    marinara sauce = 0 pts

total = 26 points, 3 over target. Not stressing since I was active today and legitimately hungry when I ate.

Tomorrow is Ozzfest. I'll be active, and I'm hoping I can eat somewhat healthy.
    Under construction.
    We finally got the internet at home! So I am updating from my laptop in a nice comfy chair, NOT at work... ahhhh, it's great!

This morning I woke up late, since it's my day off. I got dressed and walked two miles of the Leslie Sansone video "walk off the pounds," then made brunch and took a long shower. I have to do some grocery shopping and other errands yet before my meeting tonight, so tomorrow evening I'll try to walk the entire 4 miles if I have enough time.

Walking in place is kind of weird, but it does make your legs burn!

For brunch, I cooked two eggs and a low-carb multigrain bagel. On one half of the bagel I put some reduced fat peanut butter, for extra protein. It's not even two hours later and my stomach is already growling, which is unusual. I'm thinking it might be because I just got my monthly visitor today, and I've been feeling kinda bloated and yucky. So I have a big glass of water sitting here, and I figure I'll give myself a half hour after I finish drinking it. If I'm still hungry, I'll have a cup of yogurt.

So there's this idiot who works for an online news site in my town. I call him an idiot because whenever we run into each other at events, he makes sure to get a photo of me and put it up on the web site. I stumbled across one of me taking notes at an open house for the fire department, and I almost didn't recognize myself. :( I don't always feel ginormous, but seeing that picture just shocked me. And knocked some more motivation into me. ;)

I haven't yet figured out what dinner is going to be. Any suggestions?
    Befrizzled, at first I was sitting here going "huh?" trying to figure out what pic you were talkin' about... God I'm an idiot sometimes. The one from my old page right?!

At that time, yep my waist was around 28 inches best I can recall, and I weighed 145-150 depending, BUT my waist probably looks smaller because my hips were bigger. I definitely have a butt! And it's never gonna go anywhere; I'm at peace with that! :lol: I love this quote from what you said: "If I lose any more of my backside, it'll be gone." That's hilarious :) That's how I felt about my boobs, especially before. Even though I wasn't bony by ANY means, I wore a size 34A and I didn't feel them up at all :(:(:( I do dread losing those again, but it'll be worth it!

I agree - mentos are yummy. WHo eats one? Some serving sizes are just absurd :roll:

I've had cereal before that said the serving size was 1/2 a cup! Half a freakin' cup?? That's like 3 bites! :lol:

Speaking of portions, that's the big thing I'm trying my best to work on. I am definitely a member of the Clean Plate club. I was poor growing up and we had to eat whatever we got out. We got in trouble for wasting food, which is understandable... But now, to this day, I feel horribly guilty if I leave something on my plate. So I know sometimes I continue to eat beyond when I need to, although I never allow myself to get stuffed. I think I just have a really big appetite; I always have! I eat pretty healthy, but too much of anything is bad I suppose... To help keep my blood sugar steady and to keep from eating too much at a time, I am trying to eat more frequently, but less food at each sitting. So far I am only at only 950 (no dinner yet) and I've been less hungry than usual! So... so far, so good I guess. Here's today :

B: 1 1/2 scrambled eggs with 1 oz very lean ham, 1/2 oz. shredded 2% cheese, 1 piece sugar free whole wheat bread, 1 cup coffee

L: 1 1/2 oz. chicken, 1 1/2 oz sirloin (the little bit of fat trimmed off), 1/2 cup green peppers, 1/2 cup onion, 1/3 cup tomato
    1/3 cup rice, 1/2 cup tossed salad with pico de gallo and 1 T sour cream

S: 1 piece low fat string cheese, 1/2 oz almonds, 1 cup cantaloupe

D: (WILL BE) 3 oz lean pork loin, 1 cup green beans, 1 small potato, 1 very small piece cornbread

After dinner I'll be at 1450 calories total for the day, which is less than my typical day, but I've been less hungry! Score :D

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot this : I weighed in this morning and was 1 more pound gone. Nine gone! Woo-hoo! Also did 25 minutes on my elliptical this evening. It kicked my booty and I poured the sweat but it made me feel good. SP says I burned 360 calories like this?! Wow!

(Edited at 8:14 pm Eastern time because earlier I was at work, my boss came in, so I hit submit then closed before I finished typing :))

Edited again because I'm an idiot who rambles and makes no sense :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Jen, sorry I missed your post somehow! :) Glad you got th einternet at home! NOw you won't desert us all the time, right? :wink:
    God I use way too many smilies, but they show my feelings! LOL.
    I've tried the "Walk Off the Pounds" tape before. It works, but I did feel like a dummy!! But most exercise makes me feel like a dummy because I figured I look like a big marshmallow!

I completely understand about the pictures. I hate seeing pictures of me, especially full body pics, because I'm always like 'OMG' and trying to convince myself that I don't 'really' look like that, when I know I do. I was looking thru my nephews scrapbook his mom keeps for him a few months ago and there was a picture of him and I washing my car - it made me feel sick to my stomach how HUGE I looked in it. I begged her to take it out, but she wouldn't. And then we went to the beach in May... my aunt filmed me in a swimsuit on the beach playing with my niece. It was so hideous I went home and cried after watching it. That got me really thinking about losing weight.

But as usual I'm rambling, so I'll shut up now! You guys have a great evening...

I don't know what to suggest Jen, for dinner that is. What ya got? Give us some ingred. and we'll give you an idea.
    Something that's good, quick, and doesn't heat up the house in the summer is a big salad with boiled eggs, some low fat cheese, and chicken. Lots of protein, lots of veggies, and good! But I don't even know if you like that! :D

Edited to fix quotes.
    DPTFm5.png
    That salad sounds really good! Nice idea for tomorrow night.

I had lean cuisine Chinese for dinner. Sorry I didn't see your post before, though! I was at a meeting.

And big hugs to you about the picture/video thing... I try really hard not to let them upset me and instead use them as motivation. Easier said than done, I suppose, but if you get too down about yourself, you'll lose the focus you had on losing weight.

Sometimes, when I think about how much I have to lose, it really discourages me and I think to myself, "I'll never be able to reach that goal." It's so, SO hard to keep a positive frame of mind. I still don't know what a good trick is to keep myself from feeling defeated about the whole thing.

And yeah, the Walk Off the Pounds video makes me feel like a dork doing it, but I guess I can either swallow my pride and just do it, or go outside and sweat my ass off walking in 100+ degree heat. I'd rather exercise in the comfort of my own home, beyond the judgmental looks of complete strangers.

And I hate being a female. I've been hungry all day, within just a couple hours of eating. It's definitely the monthly visitor wreaking havoc on my system. I read that women are supposed to get a little more calories during this week, but I'm really afraid to!

I put in all my info on fitday.com, and I've eaten 1,055 calories, or close to it. I've burned more than than through the day. I'm confused though; I've read that if you don't get enough calories, your body goes into starvation mode and stores what you DO eat as fat, but when I lost weight before, I ate around 1,000 calories every day and never felt hungry, and I dropped 40 lbs in three months. The math doesn't add up, at least not in my math-deficient brain.
    Hi all!

Hope everyone is doing well. Things are going pretty well for me. Yesterday we had a party at work. I ate my lunch beforehand so I wouldn't be hungry, but I still wound up eating some of the mixed fruit (OK) and a smallish brownie (not so OK). I trimmed about 200 calories from the rest of my planned menu to make up for it.

I did my workout again yesterday. It was so freaking hot, but I kept with my vow to take a water bottle and that seemed to help. It was not as good a workout as Monday...I was a little slower on my pace. Still, not too bad. Got my strength training in too. I also brewed up a batch of decaf iced tea that I sweetened with Splenda (I would squeeze some lemon in there too, but I didn't have one). I'm trying to drink 2 8-oz glasses of that each day, in addition to the water I normally drink. I need to keep hydrated in this heat, but there's only so much plain water a girl can drink! I had been brewing up iced tea pretty regularly at one point, but I got away from that due to my being lazy. No time like the present to get back on track.

Today I'm working on keeping my calories a little more under control. The past three days, I've been right at the top of or just over my planned range. While I don't want to stress out just because I went 30 calories over one day, I also don't want to make it a habit where I'm constantly saying, "Hey! What's a few more calories?" Before you know it, a "few" more becomes 100, then 200... Since I'm not working out today, I'm eating a little bit lighter.

Already looking ahead to the weekend. I've made plans to hang out with friends both Sunday and Monday, and both will most likely involve eating out. Plus, the social engagements will definitely make it harder for me to get a workout in, and I really need to workout at least one of those two days. Creative scheduling might be required.

For Jen (and everyone else), I have to say I'm a big believer in not cutting your calorie intake too low. I actually have something of a novel I could write about that. If I have time later today, I'll come back and post my thoughts on the matter. For now, the work I'm avoiding calls!

Have a good day ladies!
    Hello girls :D . I've been catching up on the posts before logging in. I've been creating some new graphics for my site and got totally wrapped up in that here at work :lol: . I LOVE my job :lol: .

Congrats on y'all eating good and exercising! I did another 3 sets of 20-minutes on my elliptical (varying the sessions) on Tuesday. I prefer to plug it in SP as it gives me calories burned based on my weight. I burned around 800 calories! I'm planning on doing another 3 sets tonite and will have exceeded my personal goal for calories burned this week.

I went with my mom to visit my son's former girlfriend's mom who'd just had surgery (I'm still a bit ticked with the former girlfriend because of her actions when my son came back from Iraq, but THAT'S another story! We're still friends with them all and my son is still friends with the former g.f.). It was the mom's birthday and I passed up cake again!!!! Yay, me!

I have thought about going back to counting points as opposed to plugging my calories in SP. But this is why I'm not. For some reason, if I eat something and think "oh, it's only half a point or a point - it can't hurt" it's totally different, for me, than seeing the actual calorie count on SP. In other words, if I hit or go a point or two beyond my daily points (even with AP's earned), it doesn't look nearly as bad as seeing an additional 100-200 calories blaring at me on SP. I eventually plan, if and when I get nearer to my goal, to eat Core as I love the idea of eating like a regular person - when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. I simply do not want to have to count anything for the rest of my life. At that time, I'll go back to weighing every day or every other day to keep an eye on things.

I've not stepped on the scale since Saturday. My elastic-waisted jeans can be pulled up practically underneath my boobs now and I'm really seeing some changes in my body, especially my abdomen. If the scales don't reflect anything this Saturday, I have to keep in mind that (hopefully) the scales will catch up to my body.

Keep up the good work, girls! I'm off to the hair boards :)
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Congrats on the great work, everyone!! :D

Rheanna, yeah, the pic from the old site. :) I've got no booty, but my boobs are a different story. I used to be a 38 F, but after losing the weight, I'm a 34 F. I like them this size. Small enough to wear shirts that fit, but big enough that they're still bigger. And they make my stomach look smaller, lol.

I'm so sorry about the video/pics. It still hurts to look at old pics of myself. Like Jen said, I use it as motivation and remind myself that I've already made positive changes.

Yesterday, my eating was horrible. I didn't even bother counting. I left the house at 8:30am and didn't get home until close to midnight. Ozzfest was fun. :) I'm a little bruised today, but for standing in the front row of the pit, that's not bad at all. I'm tired, a little sunburned/freckled, but okay. So far no weight lost this week, and tomorrow is weigh-in day. I'm not sure I'm getting to the gym today, because I'm really just that tired. However, a week of maintaining isn't shabby, especially for how I ate 2 days of the week. I did a lot of walking at the show yesterday and was on my feet most of the time. It was also high 80s with crazy humidity, so it was hooooottttt = sweat, plus for all I drank (still not enough, but more than usual), I didn't use the bathroom once there. Retention and sweat, I guess. I'm just trying to tell myself it's OK to not go to the gym today. I feel like a slacker, but I really don't think it's happening. If I can work up the motivation, I'll do pilates or something.

Yesterday:
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    almonds = 1 pt
    soft pretzel
    2 pieces of pizza (one at 3:30pm, one at 11:20 pm)
    2 thin slices of zucchini bread
    1 twizzler = 1 pt
    1 regular soda (by the end of the show, they were out of water and diet) = 3 pts

Not necessarily a lot of food, but not very healthy. I took 7 points off my bank just to be safe. I had to have burned quite a bit of calories by walking/rocking/sweating, so I'm not too worried. For a change. ;)

I felt kickass yesterday, though. Comfortable with myself, saw an ex who was a security guard (who happened to stand right in front of us, next to his friend who totally has a thing for me.. met him last night ;)), and I felt SO good. I'm way hotter now than I was when I dated him at 15. ;) I was hit on a few times, and while that's par for the course at concerts, I felt like this time I deserved it, it wasn't just because I was a chick, if that makes any sense. But I have myself a wooonderful beau, so I don't need any of that. But is still makes me smile. :)

If I don't work out (which is most likely), I'll try and keep it to 20 points today. I'm still not hungry from breakfast yet, so that's good. I've got my food pretty much planned out for the day, so I'll post that later tonight.

Ugh, yesterday at the concert, I did have issues with blood sugar. I really think I'm fine until I eat and then realize the difference in my mood and how I feel afterward. And then I didn't eat from 3:30-11:20, and during System of a Down's set (the last one), I really thought I was going to cry because I just HAD to eat. My stomach wasn't hungry, but it was in my throat and I felt sick and miserable. I was popping glucose tablets, and they helped for a little bit, but I was a wreck by the end. Getting kicked in the head twice and really hurting my wrist didn't help, I'm sure, but this was one of the worst times I've had with it. Total difference from K-Rockathon when I ate the Extend Bar. I'll bring it up with my nutritionist when I get back to school, see what she says. If I don't have to go through my doctor for much of it, that'd be great.

Be back later to add in today's info. Have a great day, ladies!!
    Under construction.
    Today:
    No gym.

egg whites, hard roll, mushrooms, onions = 4 pts
    almonds = 2 pts
    McD's Asian salad w. less than half dressing = 1 pt
    mushrooms = 0 pts
    5 fast food fries = 1 pt
    miso soup = 2 pts
    1/2 cup white rice = 1 pt
    veggies, very light on the butter (kept a close eye on him;)) = 1 pt
    egg sushi =1 pt
    WHOA, the sensor edited s.hitake mushroom sushi = 2 pts
    veggie sushi = 2 pts
    fish sushi = 2 pts
    ice cream = 1 pt

total = 20 pts. Target.
    Ice cream was my only junk food. Not bad, not bad at all. 8)
    Could have done way better on the protein, but we went out for dinner, so I had the veggie options.
    Under construction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file