The donut-lovin', pie-eatin' weight loss support thread

Comments

• BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Befrizzled wrote:
    As far as my weight, the number, I'm not displeased. It's a number I'm not ashamed to say. There was a thing on MTV Tiara Girls where this girl kept weighing herself and she weighed about what I do now, but her body was so much nicer than mine. I don't understand why she had the body I want at the same weight. I'm guessing she had a lot more muscle, so that's what I'm working for. More muscle, less fat. The only reason I'm focusing on the number is because my body isn't changing. The trainer seemed to think that at least my clothes should be fitting differently by now, but nothing doing. So when my body isn't making progress, I turn to the number to see what's different. When neither body or scale say differently, it's very frustrating. I'm trying so hard, I don't get why it won't work.

My nutritionist gave me the name of an eating disorder treatment center that tests metabolic rates and body composition. It's a few hours away, so I'll probably call my doc and ask if there's anywhere local that can do it.

I'd be you anything that despite the fact that Rheanna and I were about the same size clothes, our weights are different. Every body is different and you can't compare that gal on t.v. to yours! Until you mentioned a trainer and a nutritionist, I was thinking that your body is where it wants to be and that's why you aren't seeing anymore weight loss. Have they said anything at all about that being a possibility?
    Haha, wow. Can you tell it's been a while since I've last seen my therapist?

I think you need to make an appointment! I'm very concerned for you and if that "voice" is still yelling at you, then get thyself to the therapist :wink: . I have this feeling you're gorgeous as you are and that voice needs to shut the heck up.

I could never do Atkins either, although I did try. I just wub my carbs too much, but am definitely using SP to help me get more protein. I don't even need that much, but I'm always at the low end of the recommended range :? .

I agree about the same weight, different body. I was just using an example about why I had a body goal instead of a weight goal. The nutritionist said that the last few pounds are always the hardest, and maybe my body likes it here. Obviously, my body and brain don't agree. ;) I'm not sure how to work that out, other than keep trying to see what I can do. I'm also on BC, I have been since I was about 14 or 15, so I don't really know if that's affecting it. Going off of it to see isn't much of an option, because I'm on it to make sure I get a period, not just for protection.

My therapist is at school. I can't make an appt until I'm back in classes, since it's through the university. I really didn't have huge issues with this until yesterday. I don't think about it as much because I have a way to manage the behaviors. It was just a slap in the face to look back on it and realize that it's only managing the behaviors, not making me any better or necessarily worse. I've been pretty stable at home, but since I'm not talking about it at a nutritionist's or therapist's office, I don't think about it. Until it's put in front of my face again. I know if I weren't counting points, I'd still be seriously struggling with both the thoughts AND behaviors, so as long as I'm counting points, it's mostly just struggling with the thoughts. It's almost like a band-aid to make sure I'm not hurting myself like I used to. It will have to change, though, and I'm assuming the nutritionist and therapist will be working on that once I get back. I don't think they wanted to change too much right before I went home for the summer and was left to my own devices. So I'm doing what I can until I get back to school.

Today was weigh-in day, and I'm at 127.5, which is 1.5 pounds down from last Friday. :D It's still where I was a few weeks ago, but I'll take it. I'll be going to the gym around 3:00 today, so once I get home, I can just eat dinner and not have to snack beforehand. Trying to think ahead. ;)
    Under construction.
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Hey gals! Hope you're both doing well today. I am DEF. going to have to check out the spark people thing - I like the idea of a little ticker sliding down. This morning I was down a pound, but I felt bloated. Go figure. I think that makes 7 pounds now. I just wish it wasn't the same darn 7 pounds I lost a few months ago *sigh*.

It is true about all bodies being different. When I was thinner, there was a friend of mine who weighed exactly what I did, but I looked like I was thin, and she looked just average. We are even the same height, but we were made a bit different; I have broader shoulders, etc... Things like that (that are hard to see on TV) make a huge difference. Don't worry about what others look like; worry about being happy with yourself! :D

I am a bit concerned about the eating disorder voice in your head, Trudi. I agree with Lavendar ; if you are feeling that a lot, (try to) tell it to shut up!! And if you need to go talk to someone, by all means do it. I'm always available to, in PM or by email (I'll be glad to give you mine in a PM if you want to talk more). I'm by no means a therapist, but I consider myself a purdy darn good listener :D

That said, I hope all of you have a wonderful Friday. It's yucky and raining here now, and I'm at work, but besides that, it's been an okay day. I never had a chance yesterday to post my food and get cals and all; I added it up in my head and was around 1600. I had a veggie/cheese/egg/ham omelette for breakfast with wheat toast and coffee. For lunch I had a turkey sandwich and watermelon. DInner was chicken breast (4 oz), roasted potatoes, carrots, celery and onions (all cooked together - yum) and a small piece of cornbread, which was sort of my treat. I drank about 60 oz. h20 total for the day, and did have 1 glass of diet pop. I didn't exercise though. I planned to, but a friend had a major crisis and I ended up talking to her about 6 hours last night, during the time I planned to post my food, get on here awhile, and take Molly for a good long walk. Ah well, such is life. I'll def. get in some major time this weekend; I have a lot more time. I'm not terribly fit right now and anything is a pretty good feat it seems :( I'm going for the majority of the week some moderate-strenuous activity for AT LEAST 20-30 minutes each time. I may get back on this evening; otherwise "talk" to you gals tomorrow!!

Rheanna

PS: Where are you Jen?? We miss you!!!!!!
    DPTFm5.png
    LC- just wanted to say congrats! And you're right about the quoting. Note taken.

ETA: And to you, too, Rheanna!

Yay for progress. :D
    Under construction.
    Oops... we were posting at the same time!

LC is definitely right about the quotes! And congrats on the diminishing roll! That's awesome!! :D
    I was jabbing at myself this morning and realized I was a bit smaller too. It makes you so happy :)

I read about the therapist Trudi... I'm sorry for what all you've been through. It's weird; we've been at the same places, and now I'm bigger because I finally got tired of it. I didn't find a way to be healthy while I was thin. It was sort of an all or nothing thing for me. For awhile I chose nothing and was thin, then I realized I couldn't do it all the time and the weight started coming on really fast. I think just because I screwed my metabolism up so bad when I was younger. I certainly don't want you to do what I've done, but it's strange because SOME days (certainly not ALL) I almost feel better about myself at my size now.... It's hard to explain. I know how you feel; I was the same way when I was thinner. I wish I had had someone to talk to about it like you do! And it's great that you've realized your problems and are fixing them and working on it but still being healthy!! :D
    That said, I'd definitely go back once school starts back. I know what you mean about fixing the symptoms, but not the actual problem! ((((((HUGS))))))) Remember I'm always available to talk!! :D
    DPTFm5.png
    Thanks so much, Rheanna. :D

I mean, I'm still so much happier with myself than I used to be. I think that's why I'm so afraid to eat more to get my metabolism going. The thoughts are still so present, that I'm afraid to put my body back where it was when I started this whole thing. I'm not longer starving myself, and I'd rather eat 22 points and stay here than eat more and gain, because I can't imagine that putting me anywhere else but back into the cycle. I did realize last night that if I slowed my metabolism down and am only eating this much to maintain, as I get older and my metabolism continues to slow with age, I'll need to eat less to maintain, and still lock myself in the same cycle. I'm feeling a little like I can't win. However, I'm seeing results with this new plan, and whether it's the plan or my body continuing to fluctuate has yet to be seen. But if I'm seeing results, it means my body is doing something right. So, I'm going to keep doing this for a bit, hope my body cooperates, and get back into therapy once I get back to school. I've been struggling with this for about 7 years now, and this is the worst it's ever been, so hopefully there's nowhere to go but up. I've dieted, I've given up, I've starved, I've gotten tired of it.. so many times. I think this time, how much more serious it got, shocked me into being tired of the WHOLE system. I want to get my body how I want it to look, I've never been closer, and then function like a "normal" person does when it comes to food and exercise. I honestly don't see me being "better" if I don't have the kind of body that will make me feel better about myself. Not having that body has always started the cycle for me. I used to be afraid of getting therapy before I'd lost all the weight, because I was afraid they wouldn't let me keep going where I wanted to go. My boyfriend and I had a really long talk about this last night. He wanted to know why I thought I'd finally be happy if I reached the body goal. I'm almost positive I will be, because parts of my body look how I've always wanted them to look, and I'm not picky about them anymore. I'm truly satisfied with the improvements I've seen in some parts of my body. And if I get happier the closer I get to the goal (save for a few bad days), I have no reason to believe that once I get there, I'll be disappointed.

I really haven't talked about it like this since I was last at school. Thanks for being there. I really, really appreciate it. :D
    Under construction.
    Today:
    45 min cardio on random/level 3, 5 mins cooldown, upper strength training
    I used to say 2 activity points earned, but I have been advised to change that to 3.

egg whites, mushrooms, onions, hard roll = 4 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    spinach, tuna, dried cranberries and tomatoes = 4 pts
    ice cream = 1 pt
    almonds = 1 pt
    mushrooms = 0 pts
    steak = 8 pts
    fudge pop = 1 pt
    chocolate = 2 pts
    carrots = 0 pts

total= 23 pts.
    after points, because it is Friday and I have a 30 pt leftover in my bank, I will eat things that I normally either wouldn't or don't know how many points. I had some cream of tomato soup with dumplings. If I want something else later, it will either be a 1 pt thing or veggies. I'm kind of tired, so I may just go to sleep early.

Today was a much better day, as far as feeling good goes. I talked to my mom a little about what a wreck I was yesterday. Talking her to about this now that I'm eating goes much better. Before, when I wasn't really eating and would talk to her, she'd get frustrated with me, because she couldn't understand. It helps that I can talk to her now. She's my best friend, so it's nice to not feel like I should hide.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful night. :)
    Under construction.
    Hey hey people. I think the mean ol' Jen has DESERTED us :cry:

Trudi, it is AWESOME that you can talk to your mom like that. I started becoming my mom's friend for the first time in my life when I was around the same age you are.... It just keeps getting better. sometimes we still have the same arguments and mother-daughter crap we had while I was growing up, but most of the time my Mom is my best friend! :)

It's good that you can see improvement and feel good about it... See, I wasn't like that. I was always unhappy and couldn't see progress. I'm past that now, thank goodness. I was just worried you would be the same way, and I hope you aren't... Some people have a body image problem (I did, MAJORLY) and it doesn't matter how great they look, they only see themselves in a negative way. For that type of thinking, weight loss doesn't "fix" that. It's all "up here" (hmm.. that saying isn't much good if you can't see someone tapping their head, but you get the idea! :lol:)

I'm glad you're doing well and feeling better today!
    I have been too busy/lazy to enter my food in fitday. I always get that way because after a few days I *know* if I did bad or not and can basically keep a running tally in my head, which is honestly, enough to drive me mad at times. I hit just under 2000 calories today, which I'm okay with. Fridays are Jeff and I's "date" night and if I have been good all week, I treat myself. Tonight I had a small blizzard. It was so good :D

Goals for the rest of the weekend are to stay under 1600 both days and get in some exercise both days!

Have a great evening, well, night gals! :D
    DPTFm5.png
    You know, for so long I just didn't see it. Ten, twenty pounds looked like NOTHING to me. I was the same. In a smaller size, but didn't see me being smaller. My boyfriend snapped a pic of me as I was getting dressed one day (barely dressed...), and showed it to me a while later. I swear, I could not believe it was my body. It most certainly wasn't what I see in the mirror. He showed me a few more of me dressed, and the same thing happened. Granted, my stomach was held in in all of them, but sometimes, I looked downright tiny. Days later when I was examining myself in the mirror, something just clicked. I saw the difference. And I felt hottttt for a while afterward. That's another reason that I think looking like that WITHOUT having to hold my stomach in will make me happy. I was happy with how I looked. If I can exist that way without having to alter it daily, I'll be pleased as punch. And that was looking at me without wanting smaller arms or thighs. I'm even wearing short sleeves again for the first time in years. And when I'm feeling like total crap, I pull up those pics again to remind me how much of it really IS in my head. It doen't convince me, but it helps.

As for last night, I ended up having a brownie. Oops. I'm 128.0 today, but not freaking. I've got Aunt Flo doing her thang right now, and a .5 pound fluctuation ain't nothing to be concerned about. I'm going to keep it up at the gym this week and see if I can break my 127.5 base line. Woot! I'm taking today off from the gym instead of tomorrow. I want to go to the store with my mom (her run is today) and stock up on certain fruit and yogurt and the other things I like but she and my brother don't tend to keep around. Those are things the nutritionist wants me to eat, and it felt good to get them back into me eating plan last week, so might as well do what works.

Have a gorgeous day, ladies!
    Under construction.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Sorry I was gone so long, ladies! Thursdays and Fridays are my busiest days, so I didn't have time to read through all of your posts.

Befrizzled, we can't hold it against you for one brownie during THAT time. :wink: Hell, if you killed a guy we'd probably understand! j/k.

All right, so I've been doing okay, but my only exercise has been running errands around town and going on assignments, which I need to leave to do more of in a few minutes.

Good news: we're getting the Internet at home in the next week or two, after months of waiting, so I'll be more inclined to update daily without worrying about taking time out of my work day. Woohoo!

Breakfast is generally my biggest meal of the day still, and dinner's the smallest. It works well that way for me, except for last night when my stomach was seriously growling as I was going to bed. My work hours are whacked, so I try to eat on a regular schedule and not eat past 8 p.m., but some nights it's just unavoidable. I think dinner was at 8:30, but I just had a Lean Cuisine personal pizza.

An old, old friend of my boyfriend's stopped by at 11 p.m. last night, just as I was getting ready for bed. I didn't want to be rude, so I stayed up until about 12:30 visiting. That was kind of annoying, but my boyfriend was really, really happy to see his friend, so that's good. :) I'm a bit tired today, but a little caffeine is helping out with that, and breakfast made a big difference in boosting my energy. Yay!

All right, I shall update again tomorrow. Keep up the good work, ladies!
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Befrizzled wrote:
    I want to get my body how I want it to look, I've never been closer, and then function like a "normal" person does when it comes to food and exercise. I honestly don't see me being "better" if I don't have the kind of body that will make me feel better about myself. Not having that body has always started the cycle for me. I used to be afraid of getting therapy before I'd lost all the weight, because I was afraid they wouldn't let me keep going where I wanted to go. My boyfriend and I had a really long talk about this last night. He wanted to know why I thought I'd finally be happy if I reached the body goal. I'm almost positive I will be, because parts of my body look how I've always wanted them to look, and I'm not picky about them anymore. I'm truly satisfied with the improvements I've seen in some parts of my body. And if I get happier the closer I get to the goal (save for a few bad days), I have no reason to believe that once I get there, I'll be disappointed.

I really haven't talked about it like this since I was last at school. Thanks for being there. I really, really appreciate it. :D

Hi, I'm sailing in for a couple of minutes before heading out again!

Trudi, forgive me if I don't always get things right because I'm trying to understand what you're saying. I'm glad your glad with your improvements and are not picky about them anymore. Because, you know, none of us have a body we're happy with. There'll always be something that you look at and go "ugh". For me, I have one nostril bigger than the other 8) . Even if you had the body you wanted, you'd find something else to worry about because we're human. I clicked on your www but could only see your face. And what's odd, is that despite you weighing far less than I do, I too will get frustrated with dieting, give up and have to start all over.

What you said about eating like a normal person when it comes to nutrition and exercise is exactly why I suggested you look into Core. You only eat when you're hungry and stop when you're satisfied. You are so young and to live the rest of your life having to exist on 22 pts. a day is so hard. What you said about our metabolisms slowing down as we age is true, unfortunately :evil: ! I'm almost 49 and trust me .. it does slow down. If I can get rid of this weight (60 to 80 lbs) tracking my caloric intake, I fully plan on eating Core when I get to goal, because I do want to eat like a normal person :lol: .

It also appears your boyfriend, by taking the pics of you, is concerned that you don't see what everyone seems to, which is that you look great the way you are. I'm impressed with him :D !

I've never had an eating disorder, so I certainly don't know all the mental mind games it can play. So please forgive me if I sound anything other than how I'm hoping to come across. I care about you as Rheanna does and just from your picture I think you must look great just the way you are.

Yikes, I gotta go now ... hi Rheanna and Utopia if you pop in or back in!!

Have a great weekend!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    LC- I spend time thinking about the things that will bother me about my body once, if, I get it to be where I want it. I don't even expect to get rock hard, flat abs. I don't want a "perfect" body, and because of the way I'm built, there are parts of me I'll never be satisfied with. I've accepted that there are some things I cannot change, however, losing stomach fat seems difficult, but not something that cannot be changed. I can't change my nose or my rib cage, but that's okay. Well, I can with surgery, but I'll pass.

As far as Core goes... I started counting points to make sure I was eating ENOUGH, because I used them before that to make sure I didn't go above 5-10 max per day. I've realized in the past few days that I'm not nearly as well off as I thought I was, and if I didn't have something giving me guidelines on how much to eat, I still might not be eating. I have a hard time accepting that I need to eat and accepting the responsibility of feeding my body. I tend to "blame" my eating on having to fulfill a point amount. Perhaps once I recover (I never thought I'd ever be using that word...) enough, if I still want (using want loosely, as in, can do so according to my doctor, and if I haven't seen any improvement from today on) to lose weight, Core would probably be an option, and once I want to maintain and CAN accept responsibility for my hunger/eating, I may even look to Core to help me learn. I can't accept hunger as a sign my body needs food, since I'm so used to fighting it and getting pleasure from that. I don't really feel hunger very often. I mostly feel sick, like I NEED to eat; it's much more immediate than feeling hungry and planning on having lunch within an hour. I can't rely on hunger alone to drive my eating habits just yet. But I'm looking forward to the day when I can. :)

I don't think my boyfriend realized at the time that the pictures could be used to show me how I really look, but now that he knows what kind of an impact he had, he's often bringing them up or trying to take more pictures so I can see my progress.

I appreciate your concern and advice. :D I'm sorry if I don't always make sense when I talk about it. I tend to get really flighty and things just spill out, not necessarily in a way anyone can comprehend. On my bad days, it's worse, but that's nothing unusual. I've been feeling pretty good the past 2 days, so I have more of a control over my mind and vocabulary. ;) I read this over again and realize how dysfunctional I sound. But I'm slowly working my way toward functional, and really, I do appreciate everything you've said. I'm hoping to learn here, too. :D
    Under construction.
    Today:
    no gym. Day off. Didn't make it to the grocery store, either. Wasn't feeling very well. We even ate an early dinner bc of me, since I was feeling shaky and ready for food.

cocoa via snack bar = 2 pts
    97% ff hot dog = 1 pt
    almonds = 2 pts
    mushrooms = 0 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    veggie dumplings = 6 pts
    ice cream = 1 pt
    veggies with tofu = 2 pts
    blueberries = 1 pt
    popcorn = 1 pt
    *potentially something else = 1 pt

total = 22 or 23 points
    above the target, but I have a 35 point bank, and the rest of the week, I'll be at the gym and using athletic points and not the bank, so I'm okay with this. Bad nutrition day, though. I must get to a grocery store.

Back to the gym tomorrow.
    I like my new plan. It's much more fun to do.
    Under construction.
    Just checking in. Hope everyone is well tonight.

I've kinda ate whatever today because I've felt cruddy all day. I'm still concerned because I'm still not having a period. I should have started, I believe, on June 3rd. It's not the end of the 15th and nothing :(
    Not that I'm really missing Aunt Flo, but I'm still having a lot of pain around the ovary region and some higher in my belly too. I've been talking to some people with PCOS and researching it a bit, like on WebMD, and I'm really thinking I have this. The funny thing is that it seems to come and go. Everything I read says it's related to insulin and weight. It is worsened by being overweight, and the condition itself makes it harder to lose weight. I have all the other symptoms also. The only thing I can figure is that I'm right on the line of where it's going to bother me or not. Like, if I lose 10 pounds it will be okay, but if I gain them back, it's back. That sounds crazy, even to me, but when I thought about it, when I had all the period problems last year, I was around the same weight I was a couple weeks ago. I worked at keeping myself down, and stayed about 15-10 pounds below, sometimes a bit lower. Then in May, when I gained back what I had lost, it seemed to trigger it. I don't know. We have got to find some health insurance that we can afford so I can go find out what is going on.... :evil:

My calories today are right at 1700, so that's not far above where I planned to be. I didn't eat the best because I was all out of food. I had some leftover fajita - boneless skinless chicken breast, onion, tomato and green bell peppers with vegetable oil, 2 very small tortillas, a bit of rice and some salad. Then I got a footlong Subway Club sandwich and split it up for 2 meals. I had a banana too, but that's it for the day. I stocked up on food, so I'll be eating a lot better tomorrow.

Lavender, I signed up at sparkpeople; you're right - it's a lot better than Fitday! Thanks :)

I took the dog for a walk also; just about a mile because she was being terrible and my ankle started hurting pretty bad (I twisted it the other day because I'm a klutz and fall all the time!).
    I am toying with the idea of hitting my elliptical for a few minutes. I am going to go put a DT on my hair in a bit (coconut oil) and was thinking I could work out while I did that. So I may. I don't know.

I'm only around 40 oz. of good ol' water today, but I will be drinking plenty more :D

Sorry to talk for so long :oops:
    DPTFm5.png
    Oh.My.God!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
    I was bored and decided to google my name to find others with it.

Instead I found my old website from HIGH SCHOOL. When I was just barely 18 and Jeff and I were dating.

You gals have GOT to go look at this... I can't believe it's still there!!!!! :shock:

I looked at my pictures. God, I was so freakin' tiny!!! :) And I look so young.

Ah... Wanted to share. I think it's hilarious. Here's the link to the main page; the picture link is at the bottom:

www.angelfire.com/la/Rheanna/index.html
    DPTFm5.png
    Hahahah! That is priceless. And you have such a cute face, Rheanna! You're so pretty. :D
    Contrary to popular belief, people here wear things other than flannel shirts and overalls and straw hats.

Awww, damn it, you killed my mental image of midwestern folks. :wink:

Okay, so last night I had a mini-pizza for dinner, then drank four kamikazes and one shot of vodka and promptly threw it all back up. How many calories do you think I absorbed? :lol: God I'm such a lightweight, how shameful. In my college days I could have drank four kamikazes, then at least two more mixed drinks and a handful of shots, and I'd never have thrown up. What a disgrace I am to my Irish people! :wink:

This morning I ate an egg sandwich to help calm my stomach. Lunch is a Lean Cuisine, snack is fruit and maybe a piece of string cheese if I can stomach it. Dinner is either chicken enchiladas or another frozen meal, depending on what time I get out of work.

With that in mind, back to work I go! Have a fabulous Sunday!
    Thanks Jen :oops: :)

I wish I was as skinny as I was in those pictures, although they too range anywhere from 145 pounds up to about 180 depending on when they were taken. All the ones of me and Jeff are me between 145-155. BUT since I had to starve to death to weigh that, I'm not really going for that again :)

And FYI, I am NOT midwestern :D I'm just country! I'm on the far eastern side of KY, so I'm really closer to being on the east coast, but I just consider us "upper south." Most of Kentucky is not as country as my area, but we're in the mountains, so that makes a big difference! :lol:
    But I had family from Chicago when I was younger that honestly thougth all people did here was coal-mining and that no one wore shoes or knew what a fast food place was or a grocery store. They thought we all mined, farmed, and went around in overalls, straw hats, and no shoes :roll: :roll:
    When we went to visit them in the 7th grade, I even convinced them that we had to pipe sunlight in :roll:

:lol:

But I digress! Yes that website is freakin' hilarious. I thought I was so cool. Well I was, cuz I was a senior in high school and we ruled the entire (small) school :D

This is totally not related; only to hair, but not to weight loss, but if you guys look at my Fotki, you can see what a difference doing CG has made in my hair. Yippee!! I'm excited :D

Back to weight though... I ended up snacking on some corn chips and salsa last night :( I was starved. I stayed up till 5 am because Jeff was gone all night fishing (*pout pout*) and I was hungry. I never did work out again because I lost motivation..... I suck.

Today I've had an omelette with pepper, onion, shredded cheese, 2 eggs, and some lean ham. With whole wheat toast. That's it because I slept forever and had "breakfast" at like 1 pm :oops:

Needless to say, dinner will be kinda late, and the only other thing I eat today. I'm fixing a big dinner because we don't get to eat together during the week - meatloaf (with ground sirloin, onions, peppers, tomato sauce, and oats instead of bread crumbs - its really good!) with fresh green beans & potates in the crock pot, corn on the cob. I also picked some apples off of our apple tree and am going to cut those up and cook them with a bit of organic sugar and cinnamon, and vanilla for a treat. Yum. I like cooking sometimes :)

We will probably take the disobedient Molly for a walk tonight too.

Jen, don't feel bad. I can't drink anything. All I do is fall asleep :D Hope you get to feeling better - I don't think food counts much if you puke it back up?! Not that I'm saying 'hey lets go do that!! :shock:"

You gals have a wonderful day!! :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Those pics are adorable, Rheanna! :)

Today:
    60 minutes cardio. 3.0 mph/fat burning, but I haven't been feeling well and think I was dehydrated, so my heart rate was above the target for a good chunk of that time. Followed by 5 minutes of cooldown. 2 activity points earned.

Still haven't made it to the store. It really has to happen tomorrow. We're pretty much out of anything I usually eat, so my nutrition is sucking.

McD's Asian Salad (no chicken), tuna, a few almonds, less than half the dressing = 5 pts
    97% ff hot dog = 1 pt
    94% ff popcorn = 1 pt
    mushrooms = 0 pts
    almonds = 1 pt
    1/4 cup blueberries = 0 pts
    pizza w. cheese = 4 pts
    pizza w.o cheese (3 pieces) = 6 pts
    celery = 0 pts
    steamed cauliflower = 0 pts
    ice cream = 4 pts

total = 22 pts. Right on target. Hoping not to eat anything else tonight. If I do, it'll be either veggies (0 pts), more blueberries (1 pt) or an English muffin (1 pt).

Have a great night, ladies! :)
    Under construction.
    I did better than I expected today. I made a lot of food for dinner, and so I wouldn't end up stuffed, I just got a little bit (about half what I *thought* I wanted) and told myself if I was still hungry, I would eat more. Of course, I wasn't :) So I didn't. Yay me.

I just put in all my food on sparkpeople and came it at 1366, which is fine by me. We took Molly for a walk; about 1 1/2 to maybe even 18 or so blocks. I'm going to drive it in my car tomorrow to see how far exactly it was. We walked about half an hour, so that's my guess.And I've had a total of 45 oz. water, and I'll drink at least another 20 oz. bottle, so I'm good there :)

I'm HOPING the scale will respond tomorrow and make me happy. Since it's Monday, that would make the day better :wink:

Good evening all :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Today isn't completed, but I'll edit to add the rest later. I was 128.0 yesterday, 127.0 after the gym. Today, I was 129.0 but thought I looked pretty kickass (with my stomach in, aaas usual), so it didn't phase me. I know I'm not eating enough to gain, and Friday's the official weigh-in, so I'm trying not to let numbers during the week get me down. At the gym today, I was also able to up the weights on all the machines, and this is only my second week in the new plan. This makes me pretty happy, because I can at least see progress in my strength and energy levels when working out. For feeling pretty tired the rest of the day, being able to move through my routine and not feel wiped out is a plus.

Today:
    lower strength training, 45 minutes of cardio at 3.0mph/random/level 3, 5 minutes cooldown.
    3 activity points earned.

light whole wheat English muffin with 10cal/tbsp jelly = 1 pt
    rice krispie treat = 2 pts
    mushrooms, onions, 1 slice cheese on a hardroll = 5 pts
    1 tic tac = 0 pts
    almonds = 1 pt
    2 cups honeydew = 2 pts
    6 oz. breaded tilapia = 6 pts
    yogurt = 1 pt
    2 small bites each of nectarine and peach = 0 pts
    pizza w.o cheese = 2 pts
    ice cream = 1 pt
    oatmeal = 2 pts

Total = 23 pts. Target. 8)

I didn't eat anything else last night. I'm just trying to be hopeful that my body is working with me this time around. I'm feeling better about myself, at the very least.
    Under construction.
    Yay. I'm down 1/2 a pound more today, though it could just be a crazy fluke!
    :) That makes 7 1/2 total. I wish I could be excited, but I realized today that my highest weight was X, and at this point I'm 7 1/2 pounds below that X point, BUT in total in the last year, I've now lost 44 pounds from X point. Does that make sense? I lost 15, gained it back, lost 22, gained it back and now I've lost 7 1/2.

If I had kept off what I lost, I would be only 6 pounds above a major goal of mine. But alas, I did not.
    I have got to get to a doctor, because last night after I got off here I started hurting really bad in my stomach, and still hurting a bit today. I am sure something is wrong but I just don't know for sure what it is. I really do think I have PCOS, as I've been reading a lot about it and have basically all the symptoms. Some of the even less common symptoms I have, and have had, for years and years. I thought I had it before but was told what I had was "normal" about a year 1/2 ago, and I didn't press the issue. Turns out, as I've found, that doctor didn't do nearly what he should have to check for it, but instead just brushed me off, which is always my experience. I guess I need to be a **** about it to get someone to listen to me :(
    I didn't like that doctor anyway so I should have gotten a second opinion. It's kind of consuming me at this point - the worrying about it and all. I'm exactly 2 weeks late for my period, and I've now taken 3 preg. tests. This is exactly what I went through before (*SIGH!!*).

Sorry to be rambling on about it; It just has me worried.

Oh yeah, food :)

Had 2 boiled eggs, 2 pieces wheat toast with coffee
    No lunch, as usual
    Dinner was 3 oz chicken, 1 plain medium baked potato, 1 small ear corn on the cob, diet pepsi, 1/3 cup baked beans and 1 very small roll. Oh yeah, I had 1/2 cup low fat pudding for a snack this afternoon.

Put that all in, I'm at 1383 calories total. I'll probably eat a little something else before the night, and if I do it will either be cucumber with low fat ranch dip, or maybe a banana - something similiar.

Befrizzled, glad to know how much better you're feeling about yourself. Don't worry about the number on the scale - as you said, it's only a tracking device, and you don't need to lose any actual pounds - just fat. As long as you're getting more fit, you KNOW you're strengthening your muscles. As you probably know, the more muscle you have, the better your body burns fat. If weighing yourself does get you down, I'd just stop doing it and go by measurements or how *you* feel instead :) Just be sure you're eating enough protein (sorry if I've already said this :P) to be able to build muscle! :) As long as you build up your muscles, you'll burn off the fat especially with all that cardio. Scales suck! I loathed mine before.
    DPTFm5.png
    Hooray for your 7 1/2 pounds, Rheanna! Don't beat yourself up over gaining weight back before- that's all in the past, and it'll do you some good to just celebrate your current success! No donuts, missy. :lol:

Sigh. Today wasn't great for me.

Since I can't post on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, here's something: I'm hoping I can make French toast for breakfast on one day using Egg Beaters or egg whites, wheat bread and light syrup. No butter! I need to buy more bananas, too.

Okay, TONIGHT is chicken enchiladas! I mean it this time! :lol: I've been putting off cooking so much this week. Last night we went to the drive-in, and I ordered a lite grilled chicken sandwich. It came with lettuce, mustard and pickle slices. Mmmm, pickles.

I have my bellydancing video, finally, so I'm going to give it a shot on Thursday (when Aaron's not home, haha- I am definitely hiding this DVD from him). Tomorrow and Wednesday, I'm walkin'!

Have a good couple of days, girls!
    Congrats, Rheanna! That's awesome!! :D

And yeah, today was the first day where I saw enough improvement in my abilities to know that something was happening. And I looked at myself this morning and was okay with it, so the number didn't phase me. If I see improvement in my body, the number means less. It's always been about my body for me, not so much the number. But when my body isn't doing anything, I look to the scale. My shrink agrees, which is why he's not as antsy about me losing more weight. He knows there's a point where I'll be okay. I just have to learn to eat like I'm okay. And I swear, if I could look like I do with my stomach held in without having to hold it in, I will be the happiest person you've ever seen. When I look like that, I love how I look. Yes, love (more times than not, anyway). Feel pretty, feel sexy, love wearing low riders and fitted shirts, strut my stuff, all of that. I feel like I've never felt before. I just want to REALLY look like that, not fake looking like that.
    Under construction.
    Hey gals! Sunday between church was a lazy day for me and I never got near the computer. Yesterday was busy here at work and I never even go to PEEK at nc.com. Hate when work interferes with my surf time :lol: . Now it's almost lunch and I just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Trudi - I'm the one who thinks I might get things wrong, not you :) . I, too, hope you can get to the point where you recognize hunger as your bod saying "hey, feed me". I'm glad you know I'm concerned for you and even gladder you haven't told me to buzz off.

Rheanna, you joined SP? Cool .. we'll have to hook up on there as well. Trudi, SP could be another option for you to use to make sure you're eating enough as well as getting in other needed nutrients. It's really cool.

Okay .. I gotta go girls .. I'll TRY to check in back soon.

Huggers!
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Yay! I *heart* this thread.

Here is my story. From late January (was going to start eating healthier and exercising as a NYR, but I had qualifying exams the third Sat in Jan and I knew it would be too much stress to deal with both) to Memorial Day, I lost 36 pounds. It worked out to about 2 pounds per week. I pretty much did it all with diet: about 1400 calories per day. I did incorporate some activity: walks at lunchtime and the like, but nothing serious. My mom and sister have both lost a lot of weight, and from their experience it's easier to tackle diet or exercise, then add the other once the first is under control. I read somewhere that diet is supposedly most important in losing weight, while exercise is most important in maintaining it. So I started with diet.

In the first of June, I began exercising and I also hit a plateau that lasted a good six weeks. :x I've just come out of it over the last week or two, and I'm now down 39 pounds. Honestly, I would like to lose another 40, but at this point I'm happy with the progress I've made. So long as I continue to move in the right direction (that'd be down :wink: ), I'm feeling good.

My current plan is to eat 1500-1600 calories per day (a bit more on the weekends since I allow a little indulgence here or there) and workout 5 times per week.

I eat 5-6 times per day: breakfast, mid-morning snack (usually), lunch, mid-afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack. My evening snack is usually a small treat, which keeps the cravings at bay. I do better if I allow myself to have a piece of dark chocolate or two (or something similar) each day, instead of trying to swear it off entirely. I don't follow any specific plan. I try to eat a lot of whole grains, fruit, veggies, nuts and lean protein (mostly lean steak or chicken breasts), but I'm not hardcore about it. If I want something not-so-good, I'll let myself have it, so long as I stick to my calorie goals for the day. Sample menu from this week:

Oatmeal w/ 2 tbsp of raisins, 1/2 c of skim milk and 1/2 tsp sugar for breakfast (300 calories)

1 slice 100% whole wheat bread w/ 2 tsp peanut butter for mid-morning snack (125 calories)

Salad made w/ spinach, green peppers, 3 oz. grilled chicken and 2 tbsp balsamic dressing; 1 fat-free yogurt for lunch (400 calories)

1 med. banana and a small handful of almonds; 8 oz. Gatorade for mid-afternoon snack--banana & almonds 1-2 hours before workout, Gatorade after (200 calories)

Trader Joe's spinach lasagna for dinner (370 calories, 400 if I add some grated cheese on top :twisted: )

3-4 pieces of Dove dark chocolate for evening snack (150 calories)

Total: 1545-1575

Fluid intake: 4 glasses water, 2 glasses decaf iced tea w/ Splenda and lemon, 1 diet soda, Gatorade

For workouts, I walk/run 3 miles for each workout, and 3 of those 5 days I also weight train. I do basic exercises (e.g., squats, biceps curls, etc.) for the major muscle groups in a circuit training format.

So far, this plan has worked well for me and has been very doable. I haven't worked out the last three days because of the sweltering heat, but I plan to get right back on it.

Looking forward to swapping war stories and advice with you ladies!
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
    LC- I would never tell you to buzz off. I truly do appreciate concern. :D It's when people tell me or my family members that I look terrible and must be anorexic.. that's when I'd like to tell people to buzz off, especially because I don't look it, nor is my weight anything other than in the healthy range (finally :D). That's not concern, it's poking their noses into someone else's business and making them feel worse to make themselves feel better (at least I know it's the case with the people saying these things. They're not very nice people, not because of what they say, but because I've known them forever. It's just who they are.) I'll also check out SP. Thanks! :)

Today:
    upper strength training, 45 mins treadmill on random/level 3/3.0 mph, 5 minutes cooldown.
    3 activity points earned.

oatmeal = 2 pts
    yogurt = 1 pt
    apple = 1 pt
    olean chips = 1 pt
    mac & cheese = 5 pts
    pizza w.o cheese = 2 pts
    2.5ish oz. breaded tilapia = 3 pts
    ice cream = 3 pts
    almonds = 1 pt

total = 23 points. Target. Woot. :)

I doubt there will be anything else tonight, but if so, it'll be veggies. I've been upping the weights and the gym, and boy, do I FEEL it. My abs are soooore. But I'm loving it! I've also been feeling pretty much like crap lately, and today the world spun from noon until at least 7 pm. I'm just glad I got to the gym earlier this morning. My lack of coordination amused me to the point where I was doubled over laughing, but that's how it usually goes. Better laugh than cry, right? ;)

Hope you all have a lovely night!
    Under construction.
    Hey everyone! Welcome meegs! :)

I've had a pretty good day today... I came in at 1400 I believe. I can't remember for sure :) I am actually kind of hungry now though :?

I hate that because I can't sleep well if I'm hungry, and I don't like going to bed starving; it reminds me of when I did starve myself.
    Anyhoo, I may have some fruit and natural pb or something like that to keep from being hungry.

No exercise today. It was in the 100's and I just couldn't stomach the though, plus I was gone until 9 pm tonight; I was really busy today. Soooo.. it's 11 right now and I have some things I need to get done before hubby gets home from work. I'll post more tomorrow, promise :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Whoa. It has been a long day. However, this morning I was back to 127.5 and from last week, down one 1.5 inches from both my waist and my hips. :shock: Last week was measured at night, so that could be part of it, but I can actually see a difference this time around. Hell. Yes. 8)

Today:
    60 minutes cardio on fat burning, 3.0 mph, but my heart rate was above target most of the time. 5 minutes of cooldown. 2 activity points earned.

hard roll, egg whites, mushrooms, onions = 4 pts
    yogurt = 1 pt
    apple = 1 pt
    94% ff popcorn = 1 pt
    tuna + bite macaroni salad = 3 pts *
    salad w. oil and vinegar = 1 pt
    1/2 slice cake, bite of light ice cream = 6 pts *
    carrots = 0 pts
    almond kiss (caramel type candy) = 2 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    97% ff hot dog = 1 pt
    1/2 banana = 1 pt

total = 23 points. One over, but the * is for what I'm relatively sure I overestimated on. The almond kisses were eaten to keep my blood sugar up, because I was feeling dangerously close to crashing and wouldn't be home for an hour or so.

Got my lingerie order from Frederick's today. My bf had pointed something out to me a few weeks ago that he really liked, so I got it. Jury's still out on what I think, but dayum, the body's looking decent under that thing! It's sheer. And red. And I'm really excited. This may be TMI, sorry. :oops: It's just good to be feeling good.

Hope all is well with everyone. :)
    Under construction.
  • meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Checking in...

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I went a little over on my calories, but nothing serious. I completed my workout for the first time in several days. I had taken four days off due to three days of triple digit heat indexes and one day of class (I can't workout T/Th because of school). Yesterday, I did about 30-35 minutes of weight training and 3 miles of walking. I was a little slower than normal, and I just walked the whole thing instead of the walk/run combo that I normally do. My muscles were a little stiff and it was still bloody hot. I almost scrapped it a few times, but I made it to the end. I was happy with myself for completing it. However, if I ever decide to walk 3 miles in that sort of humidity again, just kill me! :lol:

I have been in a very munchy mood today. I've already finished my lunch and it's not even 11. Also, I have to say that this healthy crap is just not satisfying me today. :twisted: I'm aiming for 1500 calories today (no workout due to school). We'll see!
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
    Hi gals!

I'm caught up on reading but as usual, don't have alot of time to post. I had been posting, then nc.com totally froze up on me :x . It's almost time to go home, but wanted to pop back in.

I've been doing terribly WELL this week :lol: . I'm up a couple of lbs. despite having a great weekend (even counted the two donut holes I had at church!). My body fights me every step of the way on trying to lose weight. Although I'm back up, I'm seeing changes in my body .. some curves aren't quite as curvy .. okay .. flabby! Clothes are feeling a bit better.

I'm staying within my calorie range on SP (1200 to 1550). Some people over there are using SP in conjuction with WW Core, but I might just do this for awhile to see how it goes. I'm doing my elliptical at least 30 minutes a night and getting all my water in.

AF decided to visit me unexpectedly last Saturday so I'm hoping that's part of the weight uppage :lol: . I'm telling ya girls .. perimenopause ain't fun. In the last 6 weeks, I've had 4 visits, each a week apart. Can you say .. a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g??

Rheanna - I can sympathize with the weight gain/loss thing. I told hubby I'd lost 3.5 lbs. but unfortunately, it's the same 3.5 lbs. I've lost 300 times before :shock: :lol: .

Trudi - I'm glad you're feeling good about things this week! I'm trying to get a handle on this thing with your stomach. Having a bit of a tummy is a natural woman thing and I've even read that men are unconsciencously (sp?) attracted to our tummy "pouch" (the childbearing factor). I'll have to go back and read your earlier posts to get a better handle on what you're trying to accomplish.

meegs - Welcome to our little donut-lovin' pie-eatin' corner of nc.com :lol: . Are you on SparkPeople, too?

Utopiastars - Hi wherever you are :D !

Okay gals, I'm outa here .. have a wonderful evening!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    LC - I'm still not totally flat when I hold my stomach in, but that's ok. I'm not looking for rock solid flat abs. When I hold my stomach in, I can be 1-3 inches less than what I am with it out, so that's what I'd like to get rid of. I still want to be soft and curvy and feminine. My boyfriend LOVES my hips, which are about 5 inches wider than my waist, and I like the proportion. So I don't even want to lose all the fat I can, just enough for me to not have to hold my stomach in to look like I do when I walk around. But still soft and huggable and such. ;)
    Under construction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file