The donut-lovin', pie-eatin' weight loss support thread

Comments

• RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Also frustrated, and sorry if this is TMI, but I'm like 8 days late, for my period. So I took a preg. test and it was negative... I don't know if I mentioned this before, but back a year or so ago, I had some seriously screwed up cycles, and I'm now worried that they will get that way again... It was terrible. So all in all, combined with the fact that I've had only 3 1/2-4 hours sleep, I'm not in the best of moods :(

Awww... hugs! I'm sorry. I had that problem maybe six months ago, and it turned out that the new birth control I was put on was screwing up my cycle. I had to switch back to the pills I was using before, and now it's regular. Might that be the case for you? Try not to worry too much, though I know it's hard not to.

And get more sleep woman!! :wink: A good night's rest gives you more energy. I think it's harder to lose weight if you're sluggish all the time. Like I should talk, I never get enough sleep. But only 3-4 hours? That's nuts!

Try to do something for yourself today to lift your spirits. Punch a random guy on the street, key someone's car, whatever you gotta do! :lol:

Do you really think I'm that mean?? That punching a random guy or keying a car would lift my spirits???!! I'm not that bad! :) Although it would probably help.

I'm not sure what my deal is honestly, when it comes to periods and such. It's not pills; I can't take any of them. When I took them, I was constantly HAVING periods. I"m talking 2-3 a month :shock:

It wasn't fun. I have cysts on my ovaries; maybe that has something to do with it. I thought I had PCOS but my gyno said no.... Even though I had cysts. But there's more to it than just the cysts, so I don't know. I just wish good ol' Aunt Flo would come on and get it over with. It's not as though it's enjoyable or anything, but I'd rather "have a happy period" :lol: than wonder when it's coming!

About the sleep, I know, I know. I never get enough. It's my husbands stupid stupid work schedule. I hate it with a fiery passion! He is on call every other week, which means that he gets called out usually at least 3 times per week. He works late, like 11 pm at least most nights, some nights till 1 am. Sometimes he gets called out at 5 am. It makes me so mad when he does, and I feel bad for him, and I can't go back to sleep. Last night we went to watch POTC 2 (which was too freakin' long, but at least I got to look at Johnny and Orlando... ahhh); it was out at 1 am-ish but we couldn't sleep. I last looked at the clock at 3:35 :(:(:(

Then his damn cell phone started ringing at 7:30. Ugh. I still feel all blugh because of not getting enough sleep.
    I'm just not in the best of moods today in general.
    DPTFm5.png
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey gals,

I have cycle issues, too, but they're age-related :wink: . Nothing like going months without one only to have 4 within a 6-week period (no pun intended!). Rheanna, Utopia's right .. try to get more sleep. I was reading the other day where 8 hours will help with weight loss. I'm one to talk since I rarely get more than 6! Sounds like if you're not pregnant, AF is gearing up to hit you hard :evil: .

I've been debating all weekend whether to just put my calories into SparkPeople (like Fitday but with much better food brand selections and message forums) or give Core a try again and watch my portions better. I decided to do Core again since I really hate counting, measuring, etc. and most of all ... I simply don't want to have to count calories the rest of my life :evil: !

If y'all are familiar with WW at all, you get 35 extra points a week to use towards non-Core items and you may earn activity points to use the day you earn them. It's great for not having to dip into your extra points. I usually try to save mine for the weekend since we go out alot and/or my weekend is less structured than the week.

Befrizzled - have you tried Core since you're doing Flex now? I don't go to meetings, but I know from the Core forums I visit or participate in that Core is not really talked up at meetings. Most people are afraid of it (not counting, not measuring, afraid they'll eat too much, etc.). Think about checking it out if you haven't. It takes the "oh my gosh I'm hungry and I don't have any points left" syndrome away!

Okay, here's what I've had so far today:

Breakfast:
    Shredded Wheat-n-Bran
    Banana
    2 tsp. sugar (0 pts.)
    Skim milk

Lunch:
    Garden Veggie Burger
    1/2 avocado
    Corn
    Nabisco 100 Calorie Pack Peanut Butter Cookie Crisps (2pts.)

Snack:
    Grapes
    FF Yogurt, Strawberries and Banana (not Core, but it's a tweak of mine - I don't abuse it so I count it as Core for me)

Dinner:
    For dinner I'm planning on have a big salad with chicken and other veggies.

Snack:
    WW Giant Fudge Bar (1pt.)

I'm also planning on doing 30 minutes on my elliptical machine.

I'm off to eat my aforementioned yogurt as I have to get my nails done after work and the munchies are already hitting me!

Have a good evening, ladies!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Do you really think I'm that mean?? That punching a random guy or keying a car would lift my spirits???!! I'm not that bad! :) Although it would probably help.

Of course I don't think you're that mean! I was kidding. It's something that would likely make ME feel better, but I can admit that I'm a meanie-head. :wink:

It's 5:30 and I want to go hoooooooooooooooooooooome. And sleep. Tomorrow or the next day is grocery shopping. I'm researching the Core program, so I might start trying that out. :)

I'll be back Thursday, have a good couple of days ladies!
    Today has been just bad all around. I had to go to my mom's house after work and I was hungry. She had NOTHING to eat, diet friendly anyway. So I ended up with eggs again. Like a second breakfast. I've only had like 950 calories today and all I want to do right now is go to sleep, but I can't just yet. I have a headache that won't go away and I'm exhausted. I have to get more sleep tonight :(
    DPTFm5.png
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I haven't tried Core. I don't go to meetings, I just follow this at home, and this is truly easier for me. I never have the problem of not having enough points. I started WW again to make sure I was eating ENOUGH, up from my days of 2-10 points maximum. I always have either flex or activity or both. I've now started eating my activity points to hopefully get my body out of starvation mode and kick up my metabolism. I was the same weight for one week consitently, and most of the time for 2 other weeks. Not anymore, though. :( Back to fluctuating. So I'm trying my hardest to eat a more well rounded diet and less sodium.

Rheanna, thanks for the kind words. :) I'm much happier with how I look than I used to be, but as months go by and there's no change, the negative feelings return. Oh, and I also had cycle issues. I got my period 3 times, pretty regularly, when I was 13. It lasted 8-10 days each time, and the cramps were so bad I couldn't walk straight up. Then I skipped 17 months. A million tests were run, nothing came up. I was put on progestin to induce withdrawal bleeding, and I've been on the pill since then. I switched to a new one in January because my periods were becoming much longer and more painful again, even with the pill. Apparently, I don't ovulate. :?

Today I revisted my eating disorder days, not on purpose. We had lunch and were done around 1:30. Dinner wasn't until after 7:30. I found too much comfort in those hunger pains. I spaced out like I used to when I didn't eat for a while. Speaking was a chore. I was thisclose to not eating anything else today. But I promised myself I wouldn't ever do that again. But my MOOD, dear lord! I was miserable and seriously ready to bite someone's head off. And I just wanted to cry. I had 4 veggie dumplings, waited until my stomach stretched so it didn't hurt to eat more, and I'm having the other 4 now. But I'm still feeling like crap, as far as my mood goes.

Today:
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    WW yogurt = 1 pt
    hearts of palm = 0 pts
    hard roll with mushrooms, onions, 1 slice cheese = 5 pts
    french fries = 2 pts
    1 dunkin donuts munchkin = 1 pt
    veggie dumplings = 6 pts
    ice cream = 3 pts
    apple = 1 pt
    97% ff hot dog = 1 pt
    94% ff popcorn = 1 pt

TOTAL: 23
    20 for the day and my 3 activity points. Right on target. 8)

I did 35 minutes strength training, lower body and abdominals today. Today I tested out heavier weights. My. Goodness. I'll do the same tomorrow for upper body. My arm has been hurting like mad the past 2 days, so I'm not sure how that'll go over. I also did 45 minutes on the treadmill on random setting, level 3, 3.0 mph, and then 5 minutes of cooldown. Tomorrow is the same treadmill routine.

I just miss the few weeks ago where I felt tiny. :cry:
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    I haven't tried Core. I don't go to meetings, I just follow this at home, and this is truly easier for me. I never have the problem of not having enough points. I started WW again to make sure I was eating ENOUGH, up from my days of 2-10 points maximum. I always have either flex or activity or both. I've now started eating my activity points to hopefully get my body out of starvation mode and kick up my metabolism. I was the same weight for one week consitently, and most of the time for 2 other weeks. Not anymore, though. :( Back to fluctuating. So I'm trying my hardest to eat a more well rounded diet and less sodium.

Rheanna, thanks for the kind words. :) I'm much happier with how I look than I used to be, but as months go by and there's no change, the negative feelings return. Oh, and I also had cycle issues. I got my period 3 times, pretty regularly, when I was 13. It lasted 8-10 days each time, and the cramps were so bad I couldn't walk straight up. Then I skipped 17 months. A million tests were run, nothing came up. I was put on progestin to induce withdrawal bleeding, and I've been on the pill since then. I switched to a new one in January because my periods were becoming much longer and more painful again, even with the pill. Apparently, I don't ovulate. :?

Today I revisted my eating disorder days, not on purpose. We had lunch and were done around 1:30. Dinner wasn't until after 7:30. I found too much comfort in those hunger pains. I spaced out like I used to when I didn't eat for a while. Speaking was a chore. I was thisclose to not eating anything else today. But I promised myself I wouldn't ever do that again. But my MOOD, dear lord! I was miserable and seriously ready to bite someone's head off. And I just wanted to cry. I had 4 veggie dumplings, waited until my stomach stretched so it didn't hurt to eat more, and I'm having the other 4 now. But I'm still feeling like crap, as far as my mood goes.

Today:
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    WW yogurt = 1 pt
    french fries = 2 pts
    veggie dumplings = 6 pts

I will be having ice cream = 3 pts
    and then I have 3 pts, which will be used on possibly a fruit and something else.

I did 35 minutes strength training, lower body and abdominals today. Today I tested out heavier weights. My. Goodness. I'll do the same tomorrow for upper body. My arm has been hurting like mad the past 2 days, so I'm not sure how that'll go over. I also did 45 minutes on the treadmill on random setting, level 3, 3.0 mph, and then 5 minutes of cooldown. Tomorrow is the same treadmill routine.

Sorry you're still feeling down!! :( I hope tomorrow is a better day (mood-wise) for you. Just keep your chin up :)

I ended up with 1497 calories for the day, which seems to be around my average, unless I'm starving. I'm a bit peeved though, that I'm not losing anything like this. I should be dropping weight like mad. But nothing is happening at all. Keeps reinforcing the fact that I have to go hungry all the time to get weight to come off....

I hope tomorrow is a better day for all of us :(
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Befrizzled wrote:

Today:
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    WW yogurt = 1 pt
    french fries = 2 pts
    veggie dumplings = 6 pts

I will be having ice cream = 3 pts
    and then I have 3 pts, which will be used on possibly a fruit and something else.

Sorry you're still feeling down!! :( I hope tomorrow is a better day (mood-wise) for you. Just keep your chin up :)

I ended up with 1497 calories for the day, which seems to be around my average, unless I'm starving. I'm a bit peeved though, that I'm not losing anything like this. I should be dropping weight like mad. But nothing is happening at all. Keeps reinforcing the fact that I have to go hungry all the time to get weight to come off....

I hope tomorrow is a better day for all of us :(

Thanks. :)

You know, I keep thinking in my head, we all seriously need to up our calories and eventually things will even out and our metabolisms will kick into gear, making it easier for us to lose weight, including what we've gained back. HOWEVER, key word there is thinking, oh, and eventually. I am not willing to put my body back where it was. I don't find I starve anymore, and when I'm hungry, I eat a ton of veggies, usually steamed. I also eat as many 1-2 pt foods as possible so I can eat more and eat more often. I also find I don't know hunger as much as I do pain. There's no period in between feeling full and NEEDING to eat.

And now I'm going to edit my earlier post to add in the rest of today's food. And hope I wake up a little lighter. Just a little. Like what I was a few days ago. ;)
    Under construction.
    Hi again everybody. I hope everyone is feeling better today!! Especially you Trudi!

Is Lavendar curls around?? Where'd she head off too? :)

Jen deserted us for a couple days.. that old meanie :wink:
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Hi again everybody. I hope everyone is feeling better today!! Especially you Trudi!

Is Lavendar curls around?? Where'd she head off too? :)

Jen deserted us for a couple days.. that old meanie :wink:

I'm feeling a bit better. I woke up feeling a bit smaller, which always helps, lol. The amount of stress this brings into my life is unbelievable. Part of it is taking focus off other issues I don't want to deal with, but there is a very real part of it that is because I really do want to be smaller, so much that I cry about it when I'm working and it's not showing. Yesterday I was 129.5 (My goal is about 120, maybe a littler lower, but don't tell my mom ;)). This morning I was the same, after little sleep. I ended up going back to bed (lucky the body does a lot of work while we sleep!), woke up and was 128.0. I could have cried. That's a half pound away from where I was a week ago. So, I'm going to try and only eat my target points and acitivity ones, nothing more, and exercise. If I can lose 5 pounds by the end of the summer, I will be THE happiest person, for a time anyway. ;) Eating my oatmeal now. Gym a little later today. My mom needs me to be home while she's not today. TOM later this week, too, so I'm expecting some water retention. The greatest thing ever would be not worrying and stressing about this. I can't imagine ever just existing without these thoughts.
    Under construction.
    Today:
    upper body strength training followed by 45 minutes cardio, random setting/level 3/3.0 mph followed by 5 minutes cooldown.

2 acitivity points earned.

oatmeal = 2 pts
    WW yogurt = 1 pt
    pickle = 0 pts
    97% ff hot dog on a bun = 3 pts
    2 oz. turkey = 2 pts
    cookie = 1 pt
    light whole wheat english muffin with sugar free, 10 cal/tbsp jelly = 1 pt
    almonds = 1 pt
    6 oz. tofu and veggies = 3 pts
    ice cream = 3 pts
    1 oz. olean chips with salsa =1 pt
    salad with salsa, little bit light sour cream, less than a tbsp almonds = 1 pt
    97% ff hot dog = 1 pt
    cocoa via snack bar = 2 pts

Total = 22 pts. Right on target. 8)

If I'm hungry later, I'll eat either baby carrots or steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
    Under construction.
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It appears that I somehow clicked "do not watch this thread" and therefore didn't get an email telling me there were replies. So I checked and here it is :)

Yesterday was bad. I was stressed out all day, barely had time to go pee, etc. I'm still having period issues (i.e. none) so I'm a bit upset about that. Plus I had a slight fight with Jeff. I ate what was convenient for the most part, which is usually bad... I had a biscuit for breakfast :(, a big salad with chicken for lunch, watermelon for a snack, and then fast food for dinner :(:(:(

I did walk 1 1/2 miles with my dog.

Total I came in around 2500 cals :shock:
    Which is fine for my weight for maintaining, so I'm not gonna worry about it too much.
    All I've had today is a cup of coffee, which I know is bad. Im' trying to make up for yesterday, which I also know is bad. I didn't have time to eat breakfast and I'm havig another bad day today. It's 3 pm; I guess I should eat. I'm at work and brought some watermelon and 1/2 a natural pb sandwich on whole wheat, so I guess I'll eat that.

Sorry to be so negative. I'm just stressed out right now.
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It appears that I somehow clicked "do not watch this thread" and therefore didn't get an email telling me there were replies. So I checked and here it is :)

Yesterday was bad. I was stressed out all day, barely had time to go pee, etc. I'm still having period issues (i.e. none) so I'm a bit upset about that. Plus I had a slight fight with Jeff. I ate what was convenient for the most part, which is usually bad... I had a biscuit for breakfast :(, a big salad with chicken for lunch, watermelon for a snack, and then fast food for dinner :(:(:(

I did walk 1 1/2 miles with my dog.

Total I came in around 2500 cals :shock:
    Which is fine for my weight for maintaining, so I'm not gonna worry about it too much.
    All I've had today is a cup of coffee, which I know is bad. Im' trying to make up for yesterday, which I also know is bad. I didn't have time to eat breakfast and I'm havig another bad day today. It's 3 pm; I guess I should eat. I'm at work and brought some watermelon and 1/2 a natural pb sandwich on whole wheat, so I guess I'll eat that.

Sorry to be so negative. I'm just stressed out right now.

Awww, Rheanna, I'm sorry. :( I hope your day gets better. Sending (((hugs))) your way. :)
    Under construction.
    Thanks!! Maybe I just need a donut? :D

I don't know when that'll get old for me....

I did eat lunch, which made me feel way better. I really need to get to work though and stop posting here!! Hehe...

I'll get back on tonight if I can. Hope you have a good day!!
    DPTFm5.png
    I'm here, I'm here! I was fixing to log off to go .. uh .. eat as it were and then I remembered I hadn't posted yesterday. I had come on to let another curly know I'd gotten her product from a sale and post a couple of hair things before sailing in here.

I'm telling you .. I love my job. I'm on a computer all day and I get to work on my graphic sites, surf and post on here as well as surf and post on SparkPeople. I just happen to have spent alot of time on SparkPeople today :shock: .

Yesterday and today have been good .. I decided to enter my calories into SP and eat Core for the most part. I had gotten quit a few items that would be going point-wise and wanted to use them up. Come next week, I'll have to decide to just count calories, eat core and only count the calories (flex points) or go all core again. SP is great for tracking all kinds of things so I'm actually having a blast doing that.

Yesterday I did some strength training according to my SP schedule, and today I did cardio.

Rheanna - "Thanks!! Maybe I just need a donut?" :lol::lol:

I will try to check in tomorrow during the day. For now, my stomach doth growleth and is wanting to be tamed!

Have a great evening ladies!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Today:
    60 minutes cardio on the fat burning setting followed by a 5 minute cooldown.
    2 activity points earned.

WW yogurt = 1 pt
    Egg whites with mushrooms, onion, a hard roll, 1 homefry = 4 pts
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    97% ff hotdog = 1 pt
    cocoa via snack bar = 2 pts
    steamed veggies = 0 pts
    small cookie = 1 pt
    almonds = 1 pt
    mushrooms = 0 pts
    97% ff hotdog on a bun = 3 pts
    WW yogurt = 1 pt
    1 potato chip = 0 pts
    light whole wheat English muffin with 10 calorie/tbsp jelly = 1 pt
    small bite of beef = 1 pt
    94% ff popcorn = 1 pt
    Boca burger with one slice 2% cheese = 2 pts
    *ice cream = 1 pt

*not sure I'm having this, but it's a good guess for my final point. I'm craving something sweet.

Points used = 22 pts. Right on target, and feeling good about it.

There aren't many days where I'm really just feeling hungry a lot. I often don't feel hungry, just hurting, but today was a hunger day. I'm not sure if working out before breakfast has anything to do with it, or maybe because Aunt Flo decided to drop in today, a few days earlier than expected. I may have more veggies before bed.
    Under construction.
    I'm here, I'm here! I was fixing to log off to go .. uh .. eat as it were and then I remembered I hadn't posted yesterday. I had come on to let another curly know I'd gotten her product from a sale and post a couple of hair things before sailing in here.

I'm telling you .. I love my job. I'm on a computer all day and I get to work on my graphic sites, surf and post on here as well as surf and post on SparkPeople. I just happen to have spent alot of time on SparkPeople today :shock: .

Yesterday and today have been good .. I decided to enter my calories into SP and eat Core for the most part. I had gotten quit a few items that would be going point-wise and wanted to use them up. Come next week, I'll have to decide to just count calories, eat core and only count the calories (flex points) or go all core again. SP is great for tracking all kinds of things so I'm actually having a blast doing that.

Yesterday I did some strength training according to my SP schedule, and today I did cardio.

Rheanna - "Thanks!! Maybe I just need a donut?" :lol::lol:

I will try to check in tomorrow during the day. For now, my stomach doth growleth and is wanting to be tamed!

Have a great evening ladies!

You're so positive and upbeat! I love it. :D
    Under construction.
    Hey guys! I'm feeling a lot better. Probably because I went walking for half an hour...

I don't get it. I feel like crap, so tired, etc. But for Molly (my dog) I went ahead and took her for a walk. Within like 5 minutes I felt so much better. Why can't I remember that feeling all the time; like when I don't want to exercise??!! :D

Oh well.... I can keep commitments to my dog better than I can myself. I don't know if that's a good thing or not! :shock:

Weighed myself this morning; meant to post that earlier, and I'm down another 2 pounds!! YAY! That means, I think 6 exactly?! For this go around anyway :)

All I've eaten today is :

Breakfast:
    Coffee

Lunch (I guess it was)
    2 cups watermelon
    1 piece of whole grain sugar-free bread with 1 1/2 T natural PB

Dinner:
    Arby's Santa Fe Salad - which I love and normally split up. I was starving from not eating much today, but then I looked it up online and it's like 500 cals!! Plus I used about 250 cals worth of dressing! Oh well. I shouldn't have eaten it all together, at once, but man it was good, and I'm still low for the day overall, coming in at just under 1200. So it's fine. If I eat anything else, I'll probably have some fruit. A little low today is good, since I was too high yesterday.

Oh yeah, I've drank a total of 45 oz. of water, but I'm still a-guzzlin' :D

Sounds like you are both in pretty good spirits today! I think we're all doing pretty good!

I don't remember if I've asked this, but what's everyone's goals???

I want to drop at least 40 pounds for sure. Probably more like 60. I'll just have to see how it goes. I just want to feel good about myself. Right now I'm in a size 20-22 depending. I would like to be a size 14-16, which for me LOOKS like about a size 12 at most. I used to be a size 10-12 and people thought I wore like a 4-6 which didn't make me mad. I guess it's cause I am big boned and fairly tall, and I like to think I carry my weight well, since the last person that "guessed" my weight guessed me at 60 pounds below what I am!! But she was probably lyin' :lol:
    DPTFm5.png
    My goal is less a number as it is a body figure. I'm in a size 6, stomach in or out, but you'd be surprised at the difference of my body shape. With my stomoach in, I can get into a size 4 skirt, but out, it'd be an odd fit. I always hold my stomach in, though. So, my goal is to NOT have to hold my stomach in. I want to stay a 4-6, my bones are too damned big for anything smaller, and I'm okay with that. I'm totally in love with having an hourglass figure. It has ALWAYS been my dream to not hold on my stomach in. I'm a good 2-3 inches smaller with stomch held in, and that sounds much less than it actually looks. But that's my goal. Tone up, flatten out this stomach, lose a little off my upper arms, a little more off my upper thighs, and other than seeing progress on the scale (ie, knowing I'm losing), I don't have a goal number. Just a goal body. I used to have a goal number, but I'm 2-4 pounds away from it, depending on the day, and I can tell you my body isn't going to be what I want in 2-4 pounds. I don't care how much I gain in muscle. I just want that body! :lol:
    Under construction.
    dp :oops:
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    My goal is less a number as it is a body figure. I'm in a size 6, stomach in or out, but you'd be surprised at the difference of my body shape. With my stomoach in, I can get into a size 4 skirt, but out, it'd be an odd fit. I always hold my stomach in, though. So, my goal is to NOT have to hold my stomach in. I want to stay a 4-6, my bones are too damned big for anything smaller, and I'm okay with that. I'm totally in love with having an hourglass figure. It has ALWAYS been my dream to not hold on my stomach in. I'm a good 2-3 inches smaller with stomch held in, and that sounds much less than it actually looks. But that's my goal. Tone up, flatten out this stomach, lose a little off my upper arms, a little more off my upper thighs, and other than seeing progress on the scale (ie, knowing I'm losing), I don't have a goal number. Just a goal body. I used to have a goal number, but I'm 2-4 pounds away from it, depending on the day, and I can tell you my body isn't going to be what I want in 2-4 pounds. I don't care how much I gain in muscle. I just want that body! :lol:

Makes sense. Sounds to me like you're on the right track; just be sure to eat enough, especially protein, so you don't lose any muscle with the fat you're trying to lose!

I think we're all pretty good at this for a bunch of donut-lovers :wink:
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Befrizzled wrote:

Makes sense. Sounds to me like you're on the right track; just be sure to eat enough, especially protein, so you don't lose any muscle with the fat you're trying to lose!

I used to be so bad at getting in protein, but I'm getting much, much better. I'm feeling re-energized the past 2 days or so. The new program has me in different spirits, and I'm ready to get this done again.

My family was in this week, and they get their kid donut holes EVERYDAY for breakfast. Don't even get me started on his eating habits, or how they fed him his first few years. He won't eat much of anything now, and they cater to it. Whatever. But they kept offering me them, and I wouldn't have a single one. And it made me feel good. 8)
    Under construction.
    Good morning, girls! Okay .. I got questions for you gals. Despite the fact I suck at losing weight :x , I've picked up some tips from all over the web on how things can help.

Rheanna - You said you dropped 2 lbs. after having a high day of calories, is that right? Have you ever thought about throwing a day or two of high caloric days just to shake up the metabolism? I've read so many times that people will be amazed at how they'll lose a pound or two (or more) after eating a "bad" meal. I've had this happen my self numerous times. It also sounds like you and I are just about in the same range as my clothes are about the same as yours, depending on the particular clothing :roll: .

Befrizzled - I'm glad you're trying to get more protein because it seems like your're a little low in that area. I struggle with getting enough protein, too, as I love my carbs! I was reading about you having to make sure you eat enough. Do you visit any WW boards and forums (mainly Dottie's site) to get ideas, like the "Wendy Plan"? Dottie doesn't think that is a good idea, so you won't find much about it on her site, but it's out there. If you haven't heard of it, a gal (Wendy) doing WW came to a loooong plateau. She began looking at her journal and came up with this analogy. Our metabolism could be compared to a fire. When it's got plenty of wood to keep it going, it's burning like crazy (burning calories). Take away the wood, or don't give it more, and it dies down. Throw more wood on it and poof .. it flares up again (burning calories again). She came up with a plan of varying her point to go high and low, with one day of really high points to rev up her metabolism again. It worked and she got off the plateau. I know you're not on a plateau, but for all of us, the basic premise of her plan seems logical. When I was doing points, I was in the 26 range ... I would look ahead to when I was at goal (still haven't seen that one :roll: ) and wonder how people can exist on 20 pts. a day. This is one reason I suggested Core ... there's so many good things that you don't have to count at all.

I would kill to be at your weight, honestly, but that's such a personal thing. If I can get down to 140, I'll be happy. You know the thing about dieting, is that I feel like y'all .. you almost have to starve to lose weight and that's not right!! I want to feel like I can have more than a handful of nuts or a celery stick for a snack :shock: :lol: .

So ... my whole point is maybe we need to throw a day or two of high calorie or point days to let our metabolism know we're not trying to starve it and to get the fire going again.

I hope this comes across right ... I'm always afraid of someone telling me I don't know what I'm talking about or to mind my own business. This is our little support group and it's going to help for each of us to point out some things we see in each other that we may be blind to. I hope that makes sense :wink: .

Here's the spokesperson in me again .. I really encourage to check out SparkPeople.com. They have so much stuff for motivation no matter what diet you're on. They have sparkpoints with an array of stuff to earn points. I could literally spend all day in there. I'm not following the particular plan they set up for me, but just entering my own calories. It breaks it down into carbs/fats/protein so you can see what you need to up or lower.

Okay, I've posted enough for now :lol: . Have a good day and hang in there :D !
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Befrizzled wrote:
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Befrizzled wrote:

I used to be so bad at getting in protein, but I'm getting much, much better. I'm feeling re-energized the past 2 days or so. The new program has me in different spirits, and I'm ready to get this done again.

My family was in this week, and they get their kid donut holes EVERYDAY for breakfast. Don't even get me started on his eating habits, or how they fed him his first few years. He won't eat much of anything now, and they cater to it. Whatever. But they kept offering me them, and I wouldn't have a single one. And it made me feel good. 8)

Are you sure you're not related to me? That sounds like my nephew to a tee... He only eats junk food. I mean ONLY. Nothing good for him. They thank good for him is Juicy Juice and some mac&cheese *sigh*

It makes me crazy.... He eats cookies for breakfast :shock: He's really thin now, but I can only imagine what will happen when he gets older.

But I won't go all into that!

I'm with you on the protein. I HAVE to have enough or all I do is starve. I can't do the all carb type typical low fat foods. I stay hungry and irritable if I do!
    DPTFm5.png
    Good morning, girls! Okay .. I got questions for you gals. Despite the fact I suck at losing weight :x , I've picked up some tips from all over the web on how things can help.

Rheanna - You said you dropped 2 lbs. after having a high day of calories, is that right? Have you ever thought about throwing a day or two of high caloric days just to shake up the metabolism? I've read so many times that people will be amazed at how they'll lose a pound or two (or more) after eating a "bad" meal. I've had this happen my self numerous times. It also sounds like you and I are just about in the same range as my clothes are about the same as yours, depending on the particular clothing :roll: .

Befrizzled - I'm glad you're trying to get more protein because it seems like your're a little low in that area. I struggle with getting enough protein, too, as I love my carbs! I was reading about you having to make sure you eat enough. Do you visit any WW boards and forums (mainly Dottie's site) to get ideas, like the "Wendy Plan"? Dottie doesn't think that is a good idea, so you won't find much about it on her site, but it's out there. If you haven't heard of it, a gal (Wendy) doing WW came to a loooong plateau. She began looking at her journal and came up with this analogy. Our metabolism could be compared to a fire. When it's got plenty of wood to keep it going, it's burning like crazy (burning calories). Take away the wood, or don't give it more, and it dies down. Throw more wood on it and poof .. it flares up again (burning calories again). She came up with a plan of varying her point to go high and low, with one day of really high points to rev up her metabolism again. It worked and she got off the plateau. I know you're not on a plateau, but for all of us, the basic premise of her plan seems logical. When I was doing points, I was in the 26 range ... I would look ahead to when I was at goal (still haven't seen that one :roll: ) and wonder how people can exist on 20 pts. a day. This is one reason I suggested Core ... there's so many good things that you don't have to count at all.

I would kill to be at your weight, honestly, but that's such a personal thing. If I can get down to 140, I'll be happy. You know the thing about dieting, is that I feel like y'all .. you almost have to starve to lose weight and that's not right!! I want to feel like I can have more than a handful of nuts or a celery stick for a snack :shock: :lol: .

So ... my whole point is maybe we need to throw a day or two of high calorie or point days to let our metabolism know we're not trying to starve it and to get the fire going again.

I hope this comes across right ... I'm always afraid of someone telling me I don't know what I'm talking about or to mind my own business. This is our little support group and it's going to help for each of us to point out some things we see in each other that we may be blind to. I hope that makes sense :wink: .

Here's the spokesperson in me again .. I really encourage to check out SparkPeople.com. They have so much stuff for motivation no matter what diet you're on. They have sparkpoints with an array of stuff to earn points. I could literally spend all day in there. I'm not following the particular plan they set up for me, but just entering my own calories. It breaks it down into carbs/fats/protein so you can see what you need to up or lower.

I lurk on the WW boards a lot and have checked out the Wendi plan numerous times. :D I do occasionally have a really high point day, recently close to 30, but nothing came from it. The next weigh-in day, I was up 1.5 pounds. :?

Protein is so hard for me to get because for the most part, I keep kosher. So when I go out to eat, I don't eat meat at all. I usually get fish, but it's happened before where there's no fish I could eat, so I'd get a salad or a side of veggies or something. Tonight we're going out, and I'm going to have grilled tuna on a salad, so I'll get in protein there. I'm a total carbs addict. I could never do Atkins.

As far as my weight, the number, I'm not displeased. It's a number I'm not ashamed to say. There was a thing on MTV Tiara Girls where this girl kept weighing herself and she weighed about what I do now, but her body was so much nicer than mine. I don't understand why she had the body I want at the same weight. I'm guessing she had a lot more muscle, so that's what I'm working for. More muscle, less fat. The only reason I'm focusing on the number is because my body isn't changing. The trainer seemed to think that at least my clothes should be fitting differently by now, but nothing doing. So when my body isn't making progress, I turn to the number to see what's different. When neither body or scale say differently, it's very frustrating. I'm trying so hard, I don't get why it won't work.

My nutritionist gave me the name of an eating disorder treatment center that tests metabolic rates and body composition. It's a few hours away, so I'll probably call my doc and ask if there's anywhere local that can do it.
    Under construction.
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Befrizzled wrote:
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Befrizzled wrote:

Are you sure you're not related to me? That sounds like my nephew to a tee... He only eats junk food. I mean ONLY. Nothing good for him. They thank good for him is Juicy Juice and some mac&cheese *sigh*

It makes me crazy.... He eats cookies for breakfast :shock: He's really thin now, but I can only imagine what will happen when he gets older.

But I won't go all into that!

I'm with you on the protein. I HAVE to have enough or all I do is starve. I can't do the all carb type typical low fat foods. I stay hungry and irritable if I do!

This kid is a stick too! It's unbelievable. I asked my uncle yesterday how the kid gets protein. He said from nuts, etc. My cousin did not eat anthing of the sort for 4-5 days they were in. Whatever. :roll:
    Under construction.

Thanks! Great post. I think you're right, for both of us, on a lot of issues. I hadn't even thought about the fact that I lost weight after having a "bad" day!! :shock: Maybe I should go wild! Nah... j/k. I guess having a couple high days thrown in there probably would help me. I'm going to try that.

I've actually achieved the most results in the past ignoring all calories and just doing lower carbs and no-sugar. I was doing awesome with this in January and February, then my grandpa died and then we bought a house and moved and that kinda fell through and I started eating whatever I could, quickly. If I don't have more results with this, I'll probably try that again... I swear some days I was eating well over 2000 calories and I lost 22 pounds in 6 weeks :shock: Unfortunately, when I stopped, I gained back 6 immediately (like 3 days) and then the rest came on over the next few weeks, until I was 1/2 a pound short of where I started at *sigh*

I don't even want to post my weight here, because it's embarrassing, so I don't think I can do that yet :(

But I think lavendar and I must be pretty close based on things she's said... And our size. I wish I weighed what Trudi did too :D BUT for me, my height and build, I'd be bony at that. I'd honestly be happy with 175 I think... I think I wore a 14-16 (on my way up) at that weight, and I felt good and was healthy...

So far today I"ve had a yum omelette, 2 eggs, some cheese, peppers and onions and 1-2 oz. ham in it. With whole wheat toast and coffee. Should keep me going a while! :D

I may have to look at sparkpeople this evening when I get home and have a bit more time!

Have a great day girls!
    DPTFm5.png
    Oh, just for the record, I used to be a 13/14 at various points in my life. My highest weight was somewhere around 155. I'm 5'3 and have a medium build with broad shoulders, ribs, chest and back. I don't want to lose anything else off those areas. If I wear the right shirt, you can see my ribs right under my breasts poking out, and I hate that. Of everything I've ever wanted to look like, bony was never it. I haven't been this size since 8th grade, when I first lost weight. I look different thought, because my body has changed, as expected, since I was 13. My boobs are bigger than they were then. My face has matured and is much thinner than it was when I lost the weight 7 years ago around this time. But my stomach was and still is my biggest (pun intended, now that I think about it) issue. I held it in then, too. It's really become very important to me. I'm a perfectionist, and this is something I have never been able to perfect. I've come so far from the days I would look in the mirror and literally collapse on the floor in tears. The days where I decided today whether I'd eat tomorrow, so I didn't have to worry about asking myself then. It's almost hard to be proud of the weight I lost because so much of it was through an eating disorder. For so long, I would look in the mirror and not recognize my body, not feel like it was my own, feel like I would wake up the next morning with all the weight back. This, for me, is as much a mental struggle as it is a physical one. Thinner or not, I've still got an eating disorder voice in my head that on some days makes me literally cry as I eat, makes me spit out the food I have in my mouth. Starving is no longer an option. I was well on the road to clinical anorexia according to my shrink, though it's hard for me to admit. I'm doing everything I'm "supposed" to do now, but nothing's changed. It's almost like if I didn't starve, I wouldn't be where I am now, and that makes me sad.

Haha, wow. Can you tell it's been a while since I've last seen my therapist? :?
    Under construction.
    Today:
    lower body strength training, 45 minutes of cardio on random, level 3, 5 minutes of cooldown
    2 activity points earned

light whole wheat english muffin with 10 cal/tpsb jelly = 1 pt
    egg whites with mushrooms, onions, a hardroll = 4 pots
    apple = 1 pt
    oatmeal = 2 pts
    steamed veggies = 0 pts
    small cookie = 1 pt
    97% ff hot dog (2) = 2 pts
    spinach with appr. 3 oz. grilled tuna, dried cranberries and tomatoes = 4 pts
    ice cream (:(, family stopped, so i got a baby scoop) = 5 pts, to be safe
    salad with salsa, little light sour cream, less than a tbsp almonds = 1 pt
    04% ff popcorn = 1 pt
    3 m&ms = 0 pts

total = 22 pts. On target. Not my best day as far as nutrition goes, though.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day. I don't obsessively count on Fridays. At least not always. If there's something I've been craving that's higher in points, I'll eat it on a Friday. Or if there's something I don't know what the points are, saved for Friday. Not sure how tomorrow will pan out. I know we're having steak for dinner, which is usually 10 pts, so I tend to eat as little as point food possible those days and up the veggies.
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    As far as my weight, the number, I'm not displeased. It's a number I'm not ashamed to say. There was a thing on MTV Tiara Girls where this girl kept weighing herself and she weighed about what I do now, but her body was so much nicer than mine. I don't understand why she had the body I want at the same weight. I'm guessing she had a lot more muscle, so that's what I'm working for. More muscle, less fat. The only reason I'm focusing on the number is because my body isn't changing. The trainer seemed to think that at least my clothes should be fitting differently by now, but nothing doing. So when my body isn't making progress, I turn to the number to see what's different. When neither body or scale say differently, it's very frustrating. I'm trying so hard, I don't get why it won't work.

My nutritionist gave me the name of an eating disorder treatment center that tests metabolic rates and body composition. It's a few hours away, so I'll probably call my doc and ask if there's anywhere local that can do it.

I'd be you anything that despite the fact that Rheanna and I were about the same size clothes, our weights are different. Every body is different and you can't compare that gal on t.v. to yours! Until you mentioned a trainer and a nutritionist, I was thinking that your body is where it wants to be and that's why you aren't seeing anymore weight loss. Have they said anything at all about that being a possibility?
    Haha, wow. Can you tell it's been a while since I've last seen my therapist?

I think you need to make an appointment! I'm very concerned for you and if that "voice" is still yelling at you, then get thyself to the therapist :wink: . I have this feeling you're gorgeous as you are and that voice needs to shut the heck up.

I could never do Atkins either, although I did try. I just wub my carbs too much, but am definitely using SP to help me get more protein. I don't even need that much, but I'm always at the low end of the recommended range :? .
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Ok, girls, I have a suggestion. It appears to only be the 3 of us posting, and each page is getting progressively longer with the quoting, double and triple-quoting :lol: . I suggest we only quote something that stands out for us :) .

Rheanna - I'm with you on posting our weights. I rarely ever post my weight on any weight boards I'm on. I did on SP because I wanted to use the little ticker thingy and as of this morning, I've lost 3 lbs. :D , so my ticker is goin' down! And gosh darnit .. I'm going to post a loss on my ticker whenever it happens and not wait for the weekly weighin :lol: ! I've not given out my name on SP or any personal info, so I'm totally anonymous when I post and my weight showing doesn't bother me there.

I actually exercised Monday-Thursday this week and met my exercise goal for the week on SP! I've almost decided to keep my calories within the recommended range for me set by SP but mix it with Core in a way. I'm not going to count calories for fruit or any veggies that are "clean" .. no butter, heavy oils, etc. I've seen people on some boards say this and I heartily agree - "I didn't get fat eating fruit and raw veggies!".

Even with a 3-lb. loss, I'm sitting here at my desk and noticing that my little "spare tire" under my boobs has gone down considerably and "Just My Size" bikini underwear slid on quite nicely this morning :lol: . Okay, I'm sure that was TMI :lol::lol: !

Weekends are hard for me, but I'm hoping SP will help with that, too, as it's very addicting to get in there and get those goals met or earn the SP's. Why, it's almost as addicting as nc.com!!!!

I don't know about y'all, but I may not check in as much on the weekends just because of weekend activities. So .. if I don't see y'all till Monday, have a great weekend and have a great day!
    CG-modified since 4/05

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file