The donut-lovin', pie-eatin' weight loss support thread

automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
Started mainly for Rheanna, befrizzled and myself, but anyone can feel free to join in, of course. :D

This is meant to be for positive reinforcement, as we struggle through the (necessary) stupidity that is weight loss. :wink: Post what you've eaten for the day if you want to keep track or get input, what you've done for exercise, ACCOMPLISHMENTS!, and anything else related.

I am not starting this thread off, because I sabotaged myself by sleeping in too late to make my own breakfast and lunch before work. :? I do plan to do some aerobics after work and eat something decent for dinner, though I haven't decided what it will be yet. Open to suggestions! :wink:

Oh, since I've been craving ice cream nearly every day thanks to the heat, I bought myself some bananas, fat-free pudding cups and fat-free Cool Whip to mix together for desserts at night instead of sneaking bites from my boyfriend's ice cream. :)

Comments

• RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    One donut-lovin' girl checkin' in :)

Today... Let's see. No exercise except gardening, pulling weeds, etc. Does that count??!?! Probably not! Planning to take my dog Molly for a walk this evening though OR use my elliptical. Whichever I feel like doing!

So far all I've had is "brunch" because I slept really late, because I went to bed really late :)

I had 1 1/2 eggs (made three, halfed with husband) with some shredded cheese (1-2 T) and two slices of whole wheat, sugar free bread. Oh yeah, and a cup of coffee! AND so far on water, 20 oz gone!

Only snack : 1 red apple.

That's breakfast and lunch and snack for today.

Love the idea of the sugar free pudding and bananas and coolwhip. It's really good. I'm trying to not eat as much aspartame because it is bad for you (boo-hoo) but since I'm doing no sugar right now, that kinda cuts out anything sweet :( It's only a treat for when I'm dying of cravings. Trying to fill that with fruit right now instead!!

This thread is a good idea!

Other questions - What type of "diet" are you on? I'm on a sugar free plan, trying to eat less processed junk and less carbs, especially white ones. Lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein - it's the only way I stay satisfied and can eat less.

What's you goal for weight loss? I have two goals.. My first is 40 pounds and see how I feel there as far as losing more. My main goal is just to be at a size where I feel good about myself, so it's definitely more than weight loss needed there... Because I looked awesome in HS and still felt bad about myself.
    DPTFm5.png
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    I am on the Jen diet. :lol: I try to stay away from things that are obviously bad for you, eat lots of fruit and veggies instead of junk food, and maintain portion control. I eat a small salad with dinner almost every night (I get so freaking tired of salad!), and I drink about 2 liters of water a day.

I don't cut out sugar or carbs completely, because I know I'd be really unsuccessful on a diet like that long-term. I need to know how to eat healthy and balanced rather than just denying myself certain things. For me, that spells disaster after a few months.

Not sure what my weight loss goal is yet. I'd just like to get to a point where I'm comfortable with my body. I've never been skinny, so I don't know what weight that would be. Once I get moving a little more, I think I'll have a better idea of what I'm shooting for. :)
    I am on the Jen diet. :lol: I try to stay away from things that are obviously bad for you, eat lots of fruit and veggies instead of junk food, and maintain portion control. I eat a small salad with dinner almost every night (I get so freaking tired of salad!), and I drink about 2 liters of water a day.

I don't cut out sugar or carbs completely, because I know I'd be really unsuccessful on a diet like that long-term. I need to know how to eat healthy and balanced rather than just denying myself certain things. For me, that spells disaster after a few months.

Not sure what my weight loss goal is yet. I'd just like to get to a point where I'm comfortable with my body. I've never been skinny, so I don't know what weight that would be. Once I get moving a little more, I think I'll have a better idea of what I'm shooting for. :)

Sounds good to me :)

For me, right now I'm having to cut out sugar because it's the only thing that seems to help. I don't know why; I don't have blood sugar problems but I do seem to have an insulin resistance issue. I've thought I had PCOS in the past, but a gyno couldn't find anything... I went 3 months, no period, two weeks on my period, three months no period, etc etc.

I can't not ever eat sugar, but I do seem to have a problem with sugar, and if I eat it, it seems like I keep eating more. Right now, I'm planning on going a few weeks sugar free and then having one day a week I reward myself if I've followed my plan pretty well. I don't mean one day as a "free day" to eat whatever - but one meal I guess you could say, or one treat, like a Blizzard or something. If I make it an okay thing, I have a problem with it and keep wanting it more and more... Not good :(

It's hard for me to find a balance.

Have you always struggled with your weight? I have.
    DPTFm5.png
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Make mine glazed, please :lol: ! I could be both you girls' mother, so I hope you don't mind if I join you :D . I've been reading the thread on the Non-Hair board as well as PM'ing with Rheanna about the weight struggle.

I've struggled with weight since I married my first husband at age 18. No-fat, low-fat, Atkins, WW, South Beach, Carb Addicts, etc. My body just won't let go of the pounds, whether or not I exercise. I've walked from here to China, done Venus de Milo (an 80's version of Curves kinda sorta), Bally's, have an elliptical in our bedroom, WATP tapes, Cardio Blast, Denis Austin, Richard Simmons, etc.

Thirty years later, I'm still 80 lbs. over what I'd like to be :shock: . Yep, cut them calories, move that butt and it'll fall off :wink: .

As I told Rheanna, I thought I'd found Heaven when I discovered WW new Core program. I actually love it .. no counting, weighing food, etc. .. just eating from the (HUGE) approved foods list and listening to your body when it's full, even when you don't feel it yet but when you hear/feel "the sigh" which means your body is getting to accept more food but doesn't need it. I just signed on SparkPeople to watch my caloric intake and am thinking of doing Core again (I did lose 10 lbs. when I first started it) because it promotes healthy non-processed foods and best of all you can eat when you're hungry .. just make sure it's on the list.

Oh, and I just had my thyroid checked a couple of months ago .. within normal range. Both hypo- and hyperthyroid are on my dad's side, so I have checked every few years.

Weekends are bad for me only because they're not routine like the work week. But today I've had:

B - 1 cup International Brand Coffee Cafe Vienna
    1 WW Double Chocolate Muffin

L - 1 6" Subway 6 Grams or less Club
    1 bag Baked Lays Cheese & Sour Cream Chips

Snacks: 1 matzo cracker (I just like these! no salt, no fat, no sugar)
    2 sugar free popsicles

No exercise yet unless a massage counts :lol: :lol: :lol: ! Probably doing some walking tonite as hubby and I go hang out at a local outside mall area on Saturdays.

And Rheanna .. YES garden work, pulling weeds counts as exercise! If you were doing WW, that would count as 1-2 activity points I would imagine!

I've got to go get ready for our night out .. trying out a new product, too, .. Samy's Get Curls Re-energizing Potion (marked down from 5.77 to 1.50 at Walmart, so I had to try it!) mixed with another gel.

Have a good evening, gals, and remember .. make mine glazed! Chocolate-covered glazed is okay, too :lol: .
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    As I told Rheanna, I thought I'd found Heaven when I discovered WW new Core program. I actually love it .. no counting, weighing food, etc. .. just eating from the (HUGE) approved foods list and listening to your body when it's full, even when you don't feel it yet but when you hear/feel "the sigh" which means your body is getting to accept more food but doesn't need it. I just signed on SparkPeople to watch my caloric intake and am thinking of doing Core again (I did lose 10 lbs. when I first started it) because it promotes healthy non-processed foods and best of all you can eat when you're hungry .. just make sure it's on the list.

Of course we don't mind, the more the merrier! :D

Actually, while I was out on assignment I figured out that I've done about a half hour's worth of walking today. I drive my car to work in the morning in case I need to go a long distance, but if my assignments are right here in town, I just walk. Briskly, since being a pedestrian is like an extreme sport here. Crazy drivers. :?

Anyway, I pretty much know what I have to do to lose weight successfully. I managed to drop 40 lbs a few years ago, but gained it all back. Living on campus in college with a Dunkin' Donuts (muffins and bagels!) and a Friendly's ice cream shop, coupled with the fact that the school seemed to fry ALL their food, even veggies- helped me pack the pounds right back on. It was really disappointing, and since then I've been having trouble mustering the willpower and determination to fully commit. I admit that I've been half-assing it. I do mostly healthy eating, but a little bit of exercise, and I need boot camp or something. :wink:

Lavender, the Core program sounds interesting... I find that if I buy all the food I'm going to eat for the week first, I have less issues with cheating or just going to the convenience store next door to my work for a quick lunch. Is it expensive? How do you go about getting started on it? I've been buying Lean Cuisine/Healthy Choice frozen meals for lunches and some dinners, when Aaron's eating something I can't have (like pizza last night).

I created an account on FitDay.com to keep track of my intake, but I keep forgetting to update it every day. :P
    I too am going to look into the Core plan. I'm with you Jen on the fact that I have to have a house stocked with food that's "okay" to eat so I don't eat bad stuff out of convenience... I also refuse to keep any junk food that I like in the house. Poor Jeff (my husband) - he loves chips and takes little Debbie cakes with his lunch everyday. He is very very restricted as to what kind he can have, because I don't want the ones I like in the house. He's a trooper! :D

When the house is stocked with healthy foods, I feel a lot better and eating right is easier!

Speaking of eating right, I better type in the rest of my food for today before I forgot.. I'm going to sign up at FitDay. I used to use that and had forgotten all about it!

All I've had since earlier is a yummy taco salad I made. I cooked ground round with green peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, black beans. Ate it with some melted low-fat cheese, a bit of sour cream and a couple tablespoons of salsa over a salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion. It was yummy, filling and pretty healthy and balanced. Jeff loved it too, so that's a plus. Oh yeah, I did have 16 (yes I counted) of the small tostitos white corn chips with it - the "scoops" ones. And a glass of Diet Mt. Dew which obviously has no calories or anything. I was so sick of water. I'm just finishing up 60 ounces of H20.

And we took the dog on a brisk 2 mile walk this evening. I think it was about 35-40 minutes but I didn't time us?!

LavendarCurls, welcome aboard :) I know we've already talked about most everything on PM, but I'm glad to have you here!
    DPTFm5.png
    PS: LC, what is "the sigh" when your body is preparing to accept food that it doesn't need? Is it something you can feel or what?
    DPTFm5.png
    Howdy. Me again!

Wanted to vent earlier... I was grocery shopping. In my buggy was a 12 pk of Mr. Pibb (for Jeff, not me), bottled water, chicken, lean hamburger meat, lean pork loin, bananas, strawberries, green beans, onion, lettuce, cucumber, scallions, natural peanut butter, tuna, eggs, shredded cheese... That's about it food-wise. Very small trip, needless to say. I look over at this gorgeous skinny woman... I'm talking the type who looks like she eats great and works out. Her cart is filled to the brim with all junk :( It pissed me off that she was able to eat all of that junk and still look like that. She had chips, cakes, ice cream, muffins, a pack of hershey bars, cinnamon rolls, frozen fries, pepsi, juice, etc etc... All stuffed in there :(

URGH! It's not fair!

BTW, I thought I would share a funny from this website I just found : it tells me I should be eating over 3000 calories a day to maintain my current weight and activitity level! LMFAO!! That's freaking hilarious. If I ate that much, I'd weight 900 pounds. I know I would...

I entered my stuff at fitday and I had 1237 calories, which I suppose means I should be losing like 2 pounds a day :) My fat intake was too high today, probably due to the beef for dinner and cheese two times today. It was at 70 grams, which is definitely high, but it's mainly "good" or "okay" fat, so I'm not gonna freak out....

Carbs were fairly low, which is probably good. My protein is 60g - is that good? If I don't eat a lot of protein, I am hungry too often.

These figures may go up a bit as I'm getting hungry again. Ugh. It's midnight, scratch that.
    DPTFm5.png
  • teela1978teela1978 Posts: 278Registered Users
    I'm still a newbie, but also been trying to loose weight. I'm horrible about dieting, so I'm just trying to eat less junk total and more veggies/fruits as snacks instead :)

I'm trying to exercise more too. I've been attempting to start running and it's going suprisingly well considering I've always been the girl that couldn't even manage a full lap on my own. Anyway, good luck with everyone's healthy plans!!!!
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
    Hey, welcome aboard teela!

I went to the store this morning and got myself a liter of water, a small bottle of V-8 Splash (I get sick of water too Rheanna), some low-fat, part-skim string cheese (don't ask me to give up low-fat or fat-free cheese, it's bad enough I had to give up the regular kind!), a multi-grain bagel and turkey, broccoli and cheese lean pockets. Sigh, convenience again. Well, I'm goingt grocery shopping on my next day off (Tuesday), so I can stock up on healthy stuff to bring to work. I'll make my own sandwiches on low-carb wheat bread, bring carrot sticks and fruit, all that good stuff. Oh, and I got some fruit cups to keep in the fridge here at work too.

Tonight for dinner will likely be salad and a lean cuisine, since I have to work late. Aaron can just eat his giant Hungry Man frozen dinner and be damn grateful for the opportunity! :wink:

Rheanna, don't worry- that woman's bad eating habits WILL catch up with her eventually! Nobody's metabolism can withstand all that junk forever. And my boyfriend also loves junk food and snacks, so I make him keep them in a separate cupboard from the rest of our food. Out of sight, out of mind. :)

Since it's a late work day, I don't think I'll be getting a great deal of exercise. I'll probably get some sometime after 9 p.m., take my shower and just fall into bed. :lol:
    Welcome Teela! Feel free to post anytime. I'm still somewhat of a newbie too :)

I won't ask you to give up cheese, Jen. I think cheese is one of the foods that we should be including. It shouldn't be our main course or anything, but a bit of it, even the non-low fat kind, is acceptable in a healthy diet. I'm with you on not wanting to do fad type diets or cut out all the fat in your diet either. I just try and make the fat "good fat" like from nuts, tuna, etc. I try to eat balanced, cut out things that are unhealthy or "empty calories" and be sure to get protein. Without protein, I starve! To me, cheese has a place. It has calcium, ya know, so that makes it healthy!! :wink:

My day today has been pretty okay. I've only been up a couple hours and it's 1:30 pm :oops: I've had 2 boiled eggs (I love eggs - can you tell? If I eat cereal or oatmeal or something like that for breakfast, I'm starving in 2 hours) and 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a teaspoon of butter. And coffee. I was starved this morning, as I went to bed hungry :(

Probably won't be eating lunch (I usually don't, but it's not because of diet reasons; Jeff works from 1 pm till usually around 11 pm but sometimes later. We don't usually get in bed until at least 1 am, and get up around 9-10 depending on what time we went to bed. I work part-time and work around his schedule. So we'll eat a good and filling "breakfast" at 10-11 am, then I'll snack around 4-5 and eat dinner around 8-9pm or so, which I know is too late BUT if I eat earlier, I'm starving by bedtime! We have a strange schedule and it sucks, but that's how it is).

But, as I was saying, I won't be eating lunch, but will have some fruit or veggies this afternoon and already have dinner in my crock-pot - lean pork loin with fresh (yum) green beans and potatoes. It may sound weird together, but it's really good. I may fix corn on the cob to go with it, but maybe not....

And no exercise today yet. Probably will walk again. Had 30 ounces of water.

PS: Jen, do you like water with lemon? That helps me sometimes to not be so sick of it.

About the separate cabinet idea for your bf's junk, I tried that too. My problem is that if I get a bad craving for it and it's in the house, I'm a lot more likely to slip up and eat it. I'm jealous that you can go without it if it's there. Out of sight, out of mind is true, but if I *know* it's there, I'll eat it when I get a craving. If I have to drive somewhere to get something, not so much :)
    DPTFm5.png
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    Hello, everyone. :)

I count weight watchers points instead of calories. I really do have an issue with becoming too obsessed, so this allows me to not pay attention to literally every calorie I eat, but rounding it off to a point. That probably doesn't make much sense. Either way, it's healthier for my brain. ;)

I don't exercise on Sundays. My day off. :) Yesterday I started a new fitness program, though, and did 60 minutes on the treadmill on the fat burning setting, and then 5 minutes of cool down. It takes nothing for my heart rate to get up there, so I actually had to lower the speed to keep my heart rate in the target range. :shock:

Today I had low sugar oatmeal (strawberries and cream, yum) = 2 pts
    1 very small cookie = 1 pt
    1 oz. olean chips = 1 pt
    97% ff hot dog = 1 pt
    weight watchers vanilla yogurt = 1 pt
    ETA: salad with salsa, about 1 tablespoon ligh sour cream and 3/4 tbsp cut almonds = 1pt
    can of tuna, drained, packaged in water = 3 pts

hot dogs for dinner. 1 pt a hot dog, 2 pts for a bun, so maybe I'll go eat something else. My appetite has been increasing a bit lately, but I find I'm better eating lots of small things than 3 meals a day. So I tend to eat lots of 1-2 point things throughout the day. Maybe that's part of my problem??

I ate too much junk too early, the cookie and the chips. The chips were in the car because I was hurting from not eating. I have to eat every few hours or my stomach hurts like you wouldn't believe. It feels like it tightens up, and then when it stretches after I eat, it hurts, and in either condition I cannot walk straight up because I'm just hurting. I've also had issues with my blood sugar dipping too low for me (mostly during and right after the starving thing), but I think I have that pretty much under control. I have no idea what we're doing for dinner, since family is in, but they usually pick something I don't like to eat a lot of, like pasta, etc. They ask me every time they come in what I would like and where I would like to go, I tell them, and then they decide against it. I even told them WHY I'm not big on pizza and pasta all the time (not enough protein, which I have trouble getting anyway, and I don't eat meat out, so I can't really get it with protein), but they have no respect for that. Their 6 year old will ONLY eat penne with butter, so we HAVE to go somewhere he can eat. If I can only eat a salad there, too bad, I can have tuna or something when I get home. :roll: Last night we went for pizza. Anyway, point is that the rest of the day should be fairly healthy. I've got... 14 points left. And I would love fish for dinner. We'll see...

I saw a bunch of family today, and it's about the second time I've seen them since I lost weight. I tell everyone it's from the mono, because going into having an eating disorder isn't my idea of a fun social topic. Today, I was looked up and down more times than I care to count, and someone asked me if I finally put on an ounce or two, like I gained weight. I said I'm the same weight, and she said at least I looked healthier. That translates to me as I gained weight. I know I haven't, but really, why do people think it's okay to talk about your weight, either way? It's so personal. No one knows why you lost or gained it, and it can be associated with so many health issues. And talking about it with them makes my skin crawl.
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    I know I haven't, but really, why do people think it's okay to talk about your weight, either way? It's so personal. No one knows why you lost or gained it, and it can be associated with so many health issues. And talking about it with them makes my skin crawl.

Ugh, I know what you mean. If you're overweight in the slightest (or underweight), people feel free to inform you of that constantly, as if you had absolutely no idea yourself. It takes every ounce of self-control I have not to retort with something like, "Yeah? Well, your face is busted." :lol: God, I'm mean.

My boyfriend asked me a couple months ago if I'd lost weight, and I didn't have the heart to tell him no. :wink:

Anyway, people see what they want to see, even if you haven't gained or lost any weight, and they'll say what they want to say. They're dumb and tactless like that. How would they like it if people pointed out their own "flaws" in their appearance? Nobody looks perfect.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    I know I haven't, but really, why do people think it's okay to talk about your weight, either way? It's so personal. No one knows why you lost or gained it, and it can be associated with so many health issues. And talking about it with them makes my skin crawl.

Ugh, I know what you mean. If you're overweight in the slightest (or underweight), people feel free to inform you of that constantly, as if you had absolutely no idea yourself. It takes every ounce of self-control I have not to retort with something like, "Yeah? Well, your face is busted." :lol: God, I'm mean.

My boyfriend asked me a couple months ago if I'd lost weight, and I didn't have the heart to tell him no. :wink:

Anyway, people see what they want to see, even if you haven't gained or lost any weight, and they'll say what they want to say. They're dumb and tactless like that. How would they like it if people pointed out their own "flaws" in their appearance? Nobody looks perfect.

The least time that woman saw me, I wasn't wearing make up, my hair was up, and I had on sweats. Without make up, I look ghastly. I'm pale as a ghost, I have purple circles under my eyes, and my eyebrows are so light they barely exist. So I can generally look like crap when I'm not presentable. I'm going to say that's part of it. Today, I was spiffy. 8)
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote:

Trudi, Jen said it way better than I can! Don't let those people get you down...

It's just like the thread where all hell broke loose - BOTH is incredibly rude. You don't ask someone if they've gained OR lost weight unless you are 100% sure it would make them happy. I don't mind to ask someone if they've lost weight if they've informed me they're trying to. If you ask when you don't know, I think it makes people feel like you're saying "You need to" and the same goes with the gaining issue. I would ask someone who informed me they were training to gain weight, if they had, but I wouldn't ask anyone else. Geez. People are so freakin' rude. And Jen's right, no one is perfect, so it does make you want to point out something mean about them :)

You wanna be like "oh is that a new zit I see?" or "you stink" or something, but I don't suppose that will solve a thing, huh?

Anyhoo, hope you didn't let it upset you too bad. Welcome to the thread, I was wondering about ya!
    DPTFm5.png
    Befrizzled wrote:
    Befrizzled wrote:

The least time that woman saw me, I wasn't wearing make up, my hair was up, and I had on sweats. Without make up, I look ghastly. I'm pale as a ghost, I have purple circles under my eyes, and my eyebrows are so light they barely exist. So I can generally look like crap when I'm not presentable. I'm going to say that's part of it. Today, I was spiffy. 8)

That definitely makes a big difference :) So that could be why she said you look healthier, not just weight.
    DPTFm5.png
    I heart you girls. :)
    Under construction.
    "oh is that a new zit I see?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: That cracked me up. I'd be so PISSED if someone said that to me! Something to keep in mind... :twisted:

Or how about, "You really need to pluck your nose hairs" or "Perfume is for lightly scenting yourself, not for bathing in" or "Clean those ears out, Mr. Potato Head!"

And we heart you too, befrizzled! :D
    "oh is that a new zit I see?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: That cracked me up. I'd be so PISSED if someone said that to me! Something to keep in mind... :twisted:

Or how about, "You really need to pluck your nose hairs" or "Perfume is for lightly scenting yourself, not for bathing in" or "Clean those ears out, Mr. Potato Head!"

And we heart you too, befrizzled! :D

:lol:
    and thanks. :)
    Under construction.
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hey gals, I'm flying in for a second. Had a luncheon after church (all salads), took a nap, and it's already time to go back to church!!

Anyway .. here's a link to the forum board to check out the WW Core program. Look in the thread about the "FAQ - Newbies Start Here" at the top, and it'll give you loads of info. Click here.

Rheanna, "the sigh" is when you'll take a sigh in the middle of eating. As you're eating now, watch for it. Even my husband began noticing his after I told him about this :lol: . It's the body's way of letting us know it's had enough.

Utopiastars, no it's not expensive at all. You'll be amazed at all you can eat! Goodness, I sound like a spokesperson :lol: .

Have a good evening gals, I'll try to check in tomorrow!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    Thanks! I'll definitely check it out.
    Thanks Lavendar Curls! I'm gonna check it out more too! Thanks for info on "the sigh"... I already know what you're talking about, but I'll have to pay closer attention now :D

BTW, Befrizzled, we heart you too!!

The zit one is good... I like the nose hair too! And the ears.. What else? You could be like "hey, looks like those eyebrows need pluckin'" or something along those lines. Does it make me :twisted: that I like to think of mean things to people that are rude to me?
    DPTFm5.png
    Nah, it doesn't make you evil. Or it could if you really wanted it to, because evil = fun.

Another: "Yeah, well at least I don't smell like I don't wipe thoroughly after I use the toilet!" But that's kinda just another way of saying "You smell like poop." Yeeaahhhh.
  • mailgirlmailgirl Posts: 451Registered Users
    I have signed up for a weight loss and management group with a Lifestyle Counselor. The group starts on Thursday...but, since I met with herr last Thursday I have been recording my calories and set only (!) two hours of exercise for the week! So far, so good...
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
    Awesome, good luck! Keep us posted on how it goes.
    Starting the second part of my new fitness plan today. I'm absolutely desperate to lose weight. I ended up at 22 points yesterday. Today I'm up 2 pounds from last Thursday. I'm ready to cry. I used to be patient, but this is seriously taking a toll on me. BUT, Friday is my official weigh-in day, so I'll just keep trucking...
    Under construction.
    Befrizzled wrote:
    Starting the second part of my new fitness plan today. I'm absolutely desperate to lose weight. I ended up at 22 points yesterday. Today I'm up 2 pounds from last Thursday. I'm ready to cry. I used to be patient, but this is seriously taking a toll on me. BUT, Friday is my official weigh-in day, so I'll just keep trucking...

I am so sorry to hear what a hard time you're having! :(
    You're right though; just keep on trucking! Maybe you're retaining water or something, and by Friday it will be gone. Try not to get discouraged!! It helps me to only weigh on my weigh in day (not that I ever do that though :( ).

PS: I saw your pics, and I think you're really pretty and you look good, girl!! Try not to worry about your weight tooooo much :D
    What's your goals? It has also helped me in the past to write down my goals, long term and short term. From my final weight I want to be to even just how many glasses of water I want to drink in a day. I'm a lister though, so that may be why it helps me. But it's always worth a try.
    DPTFm5.png
    mailgirl wrote:
    I have signed up for a weight loss and management group with a Lifestyle Counselor. The group starts on Thursday...but, since I met with herr last Thursday I have been recording my calories and set only (!) two hours of exercise for the week! So far, so good...

Sounds awesome!!!! Let us know about it :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Oh yeah, forgot about the rest of my day yesterday. I didn't get my exercise in due to the fact that we had people drop in for the rest of the evening....

BUT, foodwise, I did pretty good yesterday. I had some watermelon (only about 1/2 cup) and then a small salad with 1 T of ranch dressing as snacks. For dinner, I had 2 oz. lean pork loin, 1 cup of green beans and a potato. I also had a small piece of cornbread and some corn on the cob. I had a big dinner, but I was starving and we ate early. At least I didn't get hungry before bed that way.

All in all I ended up with 1544 calories according to my fitday.

I had 70-ish ounces of water. I can't remember for sure, but I know I had atleast 70.

Today I'm feeling very frustrated though because I weighed myself and nothing is coming off. Not in the past week anyway. Exactly the same, but I've been doing good. I'm with Trudi though; I'll just have to keep on truckin'....

Also frustrated, and sorry if this is TMI, but I'm like 8 days late, for my period. So I took a preg. test and it was negative... I don't know if I mentioned this before, but back a year or so ago, I had some seriously screwed up cycles, and I'm now worried that they will get that way again... It was terrible. So all in all, combined with the fact that I've had only 3 1/2-4 hours sleep, I'm not in the best of moods :(
    DPTFm5.png
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Also frustrated, and sorry if this is TMI, but I'm like 8 days late, for my period. So I took a preg. test and it was negative... I don't know if I mentioned this before, but back a year or so ago, I had some seriously screwed up cycles, and I'm now worried that they will get that way again... It was terrible. So all in all, combined with the fact that I've had only 3 1/2-4 hours sleep, I'm not in the best of moods :(

Awww... hugs! I'm sorry. I had that problem maybe six months ago, and it turned out that the new birth control I was put on was screwing up my cycle. I had to switch back to the pills I was using before, and now it's regular. Might that be the case for you? Try not to worry too much, though I know it's hard not to.

And get more sleep woman!! :wink: A good night's rest gives you more energy. I think it's harder to lose weight if you're sluggish all the time. Like I should talk, I never get enough sleep. But only 3-4 hours? That's nuts!

Try to do something for yourself today to lift your spirits. Punch a random guy on the street, key someone's car, whatever you gotta do! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file