HELP my hair is SO dry and frizzy - day 2 CG....

poppinspoppins Registered Users Posts: 104
I'm back with more questions! I did my last sulfate wash yesterday, then did a co-wash, then conditioner. My current problem is my hair is SO dry, and still extremely frizzy. I'm guessing the years of harsh shampoos and straightening irons are mostly to blame! So how long will it take for my hair to improve do you think? I got a conditioner that is cg friendly and is meant to be super moisturising, and it did leave my hair softer...but still so dry. When my hair was damp it was full of lovely curls, but by the time it was fully dry it was just a mass of straw like frizz:sad11:
So my questions.... is there anything else I could be doing to add moisture to my hair? What about after it dries ...is there anything cg friendly I could use to smooth any frizz? I am in the UK so anything I could get here would be a bonus! Today I have just spritzed with water and left it...will see how it dries,
I'm still figuring out my hair type...I'm guessing currently 2b with some 3a extremely coarse, very thick....not sure how porus.....and serioulsy dry...
PLEASE give me some tips cause I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stand looking like a frizzy scarecrow before the straightners start calling me!!!!:roll:
2c coarse,very dense hair, average porousity.
Currently using:
Original Source conditioners
Boots intensive Honey and Jojoba hair mask
Boots pink curl creme
Loreal InvisiGel mineral gel
Also now experimenting with Anita Grant products Yay!
Also mom to 6 little curlies of various types!:love4:
Avi:My cute baby boy's super soft baby curls!

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Hi - Just a tip - you may get more responses if you post in the general hair discussion board. Try that - some of the real pros will have expert advice and product suggestions for you.

Also, when you post, give as much information as possible on what type of hair you have, how porous, how thick etc.

You definitely need a plan to get through the first couple of weeks complete with suggestions for products. I thought my hair would never look good after I started this CG routine, but I am SO glad I did. Best of luck!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • poppinspoppins Registered Users Posts: 104
    oh thanks will try that!
    2c coarse,very dense hair, average porousity.
    Currently using:
    Original Source conditioners
    Boots intensive Honey and Jojoba hair mask
    Boots pink curl creme
    Loreal InvisiGel mineral gel
    Also now experimenting with Anita Grant products Yay!
    Also mom to 6 little curlies of various types!:love4:
    Avi:My cute baby boy's super soft baby curls!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file