going bright red after exercising

curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
is this just due to being unfit? coz i was hoping it was and that by exercising and getting fit it would stop happening. have been doing an exercise video pretty much every day now for a month and still look like i've been playing with face paints by the end!

is it just that i'm still not anywhere near "fit" yet or is it just me, how i'll always be? coz at mo could still never go to a gym because of embarassment at appearance!

on plus side though have lost 4.5 pounds since starting :)
UK curly, 2C/3A
CG, Tresemme Perfectly Undone, VO5 Firm Styling Gel

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
My fiance, when I was feeling all insecure. He's my curls' biggest fan!

Comments

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations on the weight loss!

I'd put going red down to being hot and exerting yourself. The red is due to you veins widening, an increased blood flow, to let the heat escape from your body via your blood. Drink lots of water and cool down when you're finished exercising.

:D
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Good points curlylaura - But I do think some people do this more than others just 'cause. I have been at different points - very unfit and very fit, and everywhere along the way :P

My face always goes red. I'm a flusher and a blusher I guess :)
    DPTFm5.png
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Rheanna83 wrote:

hmm... ah well! guess will just have to buy some bright white make up!! :P
    UK curly, 2C/3A

"I keep being bowled over by how lovely you look. And I love your hair. You have lovely hair. I can't put into words how beautiful your hair is! It's so... gorgeous. Seriously, I love your hair."
    Rheanna83 wrote:

hmm... ah well! guess will just have to buy some bright white make up!! :P

hehe! :D Well maybe you're more fortunate than I! Maybe as you get more fit, yours will go away.

You could do yourself in clown makeup to counter the affect?! :lol:
    DPTFm5.png
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Rheanna83 wrote:

Always a good look! :lol:

The redness may always happen, it may go away. I guess it's just one of those things. By the way, I also go red whilst and just after exercise.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • curlyorwavycurlyorwavy Posts: 133Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Rheanna83 wrote:

lol can you imagine if someone walked in on me?! they walk into the living room, thinking everything's normal, and see me jumping around crazily, waving my arms to the video in full clown makeup!! :lol: oh goodness...
    UK curly, 2C/3A

• SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    Rheanna83 wrote:
    Good points curlylaura - But I do think some people do this more than others just 'cause. I have been at different points - very unfit and very fit, and everywhere along the way :P

I'm the same way, red always, really really red. And I'm quite fit (I'm a runner). It's just the way I am.
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
    Rheanna83 wrote:

lol can you imagine if someone walked in on me?! they walk into the living room, thinking everything's normal, and see me jumping around crazily, waving my arms to the video in full clown makeup!! :lol: oh goodness...

That's a quite humorous mental pic :) Thanks!!

:lol:
    DPTFm5.png
  • rosyCurlsrosyCurls Posts: 50Registered Users
    I only get red after running on summer mornings...after a few minutes my head looks like a squishy tomato ready to pop!!!
    2c/3a...very thin and fine... Modified CG (I co-wash everyday)

Suave Naturals Lavender Conditioner
    LA Looks Sport Gel
    Honey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file