product rec needed: super light gel

sfaithjsfaithj Registered Users Posts: 106
Ladies,

I'm hoping you can rec a super light gel that's CG.

I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and while I love it, even the tiniest amount makes my hair feel greasy/sticky when dry. I've also tried LA Looks Sport and Jessicurls Rocking Ringlets before. My hair gets greasy with LA Looks and even with Jessicurls. I think my hair is fine so that's probably why my hair gets greasy/sticky easily with gels.

Thanks!
2a wavy. acv is my friend. flax gelee weighs down my hair too much.

cleansers: giovanni, curls
conditioner: curls
styling: LA Looks sports gel

Comments

• wavy_womanwavy_woman Registered Users Posts: 19
    Maybe check out the recipe board for the flax seed Gel. It is really easy to make, it's cheap and I think it is light. I have only made one batch and used it twice, but I like it and I hate GEL.
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Registered Users Posts: 3,061 Curl Neophyte
    HETT (herbal essence totally twisted) is light. Actually too light for me:)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • sfaithjsfaithj Registered Users Posts: 106
    thanks ladies for the suggestions.

i'll try herbal essence totally twisted again. i have it and have tried it but even that gets kinda greasy for me. i'll try it again using less product.

where's the recipe board? i'm interested in this gel i can make you are talking about. thanks!

• arkieokiearkieokie Registered Users Posts: 79
    I've read some on here about butters working better on some heads and oils working better on others. I wonder if you should look for a butter instead of an oil? Are you using a leave in conditioner? Do you need the gel to encourage curl or hold what's already there?
  • arkieokiearkieokie Registered Users Posts: 79
    You could also try adding honey or agave nectar to your rinse. That might give you the soft light touch without adding oil.
  • sfaithjsfaithj Registered Users Posts: 106
    no leave ins. yep, i need some style product to encourage curl. i'm curious about butters. do you mean using straight shea butter as a stylist product? i'm a little confused. thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file