10 Days Raw

pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
I have been thinking about trying out the raw food thing for a while. I wanted to do 30 days, but I'm guessing starting out slow would probably be best... Would anyone else be interested? I don't think I'm capable of doing it alone (sad, I know).

I found this thread by Curlynikki:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=40746
4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius

Comments

• dianaddianad Posts: 14Registered Users
    Well, if it is just for ten little ole days.
    When do you want to start?

I got my lab work done and did this for 30 days and the results were unbelievable. And I lost like 25 pounds that month. My cholesterol was ok before but better than awesome after. My glucose went from like 109 to 71 or something like that. Very healthy way of eating if you know what your are doing and are making sure you are getting your calcium, protein, etc. , thru veggies/fruits, etc.

I did not treat is as a detox program so much as just a healthy way of eating and made sure I kept it interesting and creative. I like the idea of the first 10 days being strictly for detox though. And what a perfect time with all the fresh produce available now.

Will check back here to see what your plans are. I am also starting a running plan. I am puzzled about where this second body came from. Surely it is not MINE?! eek!
    2B
    Normal porosity, zero elasticity, thick (according to my stylists) but not overly thick hair, currently when air-dried non-CG drys as stringy mess of friz.

I need a brush intervention. hairpullingsmiley.gif

Picasa Album
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    I did not treat is as a detox program so much as just a healthy way of eating and made sure I kept it interesting and creative. I like the idea of the first 10 days being strictly for detox though. And what a perfect time with all the fresh produce available now.

This is how I'd like to treat it too! I'm also doing a running program! I only picked ten days, because I've never done it before and I'm not sure if I could go longer. I'd like to start it at home for ten days and then when I get to school I'll try 30. The reason being it is so expensive and there are so many people in my house (including babies) that they'll eat all my food! However, when I go to school I can take unlimited fruits from the cafeteria (that I've already paid for) and no one will eat it. You understand what I'm saying? I just need to go buy some food, set some guidelines and we can probably start on Sunday. Sound good?

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • dianaddianad Posts: 14Registered Users
    Sounds good. I understand how $$$ it can be. I have three hungry children myself. My suggestion is KISS. Eat fresh and in season and do not stress and try gourmet right away. Definitely go to the farmer's markets and asian markets. You can get things for great prices there. And they are generally much tastier and harvested when riper. Slow Food may list local farmer's markets if you check their site.

It is so easy to grab a piece of fruit or a bag of carrots and just run out the door. No prep, no dishes. Gotta love it. Don't go too nut heavy or fancy and you will not have to break the bank. It will be great to have the food at school though. Waaay cheaper.

Instead of planning what I want to eat, I tend to go to the store and sort of browse to see what it on sale that looks properly fresh and in season. I save a ton this way.

Definitely ease into it. The biggest collection of recipes for that type of eating is goneraw.com, but it takes a bit of taste bud adjustment to get used to heavy ,rich recipes. You may taste something and thing "OMG! Horrid!" and later it might become your favorite. Do be aware that over the long haul, for a period of time, raw foodists do notice some hair loss. But then it comes back healthier than ever.

I always feel so healthy and full of energy and my skin is so great and then for some reason that darn bag of chips just keeps calling my name. I am making a ton of dehydrated kale crisps to fend that off. LOVE these.

After you get started for a bit let me know and I can guide you with some transitional recipes that are sinful. Chocolate pudding and fudgeballs just for starters. Best to start simple and fresh and whole though.

Amazon, Mountain Rose Herbs, and nutsonline.com are my favorite online places to pick up things for good prices.

By the end of summer we can both be luscious babes. Ok, YOU can be a luscious babe, I will be a far less frumpy mommy, heh.

Sunday is a date.
    2B
    Normal porosity, zero elasticity, thick (according to my stylists) but not overly thick hair, currently when air-dried non-CG drys as stringy mess of friz.

I need a brush intervention. hairpullingsmiley.gif

Picasa Album
    Lol! Thank you for all of that information! I'm having problems with my skin and I'm hoping that this will help (even if it is only for ten days). I'm excited :tongue1: Sunday it is!!!

event.png

• Henna22Henna22 Posts: 14Registered Users
    I want to join!!!!
    Henna22 wrote: »
    I want to join!!!!

Great! I say we start Sunday, but we should post our foods, rules, goals on Saturday. How does that sound?

event.png

That is great. See you on SAT.;)
    I am doing this raw diet in hopes that it will clear up my skin. I could lose some belly fat, but I will definitely stop if I lose 5 pounds. I just bought a bunch of bananas, cherries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, watermelon and carrots. I'm not a big fan of nuts (not anymore at least), but I will probably get some almonds sometime soon. I also have tons of leafy stuff in my fridge. I'm really excited to start, but just worried about the weight loss. Since I don't want to lose too much weight, should I be eating/doing something extra? Is soy milk okay for this? I'm just wondering, because it said no dairy, but soy is not dairy.

event.png

I am doing this raw diet in hopes that it will clear up my skin. I could lose some belly fat, but I will definitely stop if I lose 5 pounds. I just bought a bunch of bananas, cherries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, watermelon and carrots. I'm not a big fan of nuts (not anymore at least), but I will probably get some almonds sometime soon. I also have tons of leafy stuff in my fridge. I'm really excited to start, but just worried about the weight loss. Since I don't want to lose too much weight, should I be eating/doing something extra? Is soy milk okay for this? I'm just wondering, because it said no dairy, but soy is not dairy.

My goal is to have a jumpstart of weight loss and of course healthier eating. I want to lose about 10 pounds and of course lose this belly fat. This diet will be hard because I've never done this b4. Any way if you are doing raw then I think soy milk is out the picture. I think I will make some exception because I don't think I can do every single thing raw. Here is the ladies fotki I found in the 4a forum, she has many raw recipes. Check it out and maybe pm her for any questions.

http://public.fotki.com/shortycocoa/healthy-living/meals-and-recipes/
    Thanks for that fotki.

Two of my nieces are staying with me and they really love fruits! They're eating all my stuff! lol I'm not sure how long this will last, but it's going well so far. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday, but I'm a lot better now. I just wish I had a blender....

event.png

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :thumbleft: Must be something in the water.. I'm going raw for a month to try it. I'm in my second week now. Although I'm not 100% (more like 80% raw) I think I can do this on a more permanent basis. A lot of the recipes are really good and have opened me up to some new veggies and fruits that I normally don't eat.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    lol my nieces devoured my fruits, so I only lasted for 3 or four days. It was... interesting. I'd love to try it another time when I have more options and the ability to make/buy other foods. My next mission is to become fully vegetarian!

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file