African Butterfly Clips

BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
http://newlynatural.com/blog/?p=1732

Thanks to Kitathena for showcasing these.. I got one (super fast delivery too) and I LOVE it. :love5: Even better they are fair trade, so they may cost a bit but at least you're doing something good by indulging.

Anyone else have one? Do you have pics?
"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
"...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)

Comments

• ibraidhairibraidhair Posts: 343Registered Users
    I have one and I love it! Don't have pics though.
  • SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had one for years, but can't wear it right now since my hair is too short. I love this thing! Pimp, I tell you!

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Chameleon one sounds like it would be great for me. but I want the one that's all black. I think they are out of stock on that one right now, since it's not offered. Got to keep my eye on that site!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had one for years, but can't wear it right now since my hair is too short. I love this thing! Pimp, I tell you!

Years.. wow. That's a great testimonial. I hope mine lasts that long. 8) I'd like to get one or two more too.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
    I e-mailed about the Chameleon clip I want. If nothing else, I can follow up around the time they say they will be back in stock. I am hoping they restock the one I want.
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

Years.. wow. That's a great testimonial. I hope mine lasts that long. 8) I'd like to get one or two more too.

Believe me, these things are sturdy. They come with a one year unconditional guarantee, but they are so well built, I think the only problem you might have is the elastic getting sprung. But I don't think it'd show anyway. It's not like the As Seen On TV ones, though I own those, too. They're cheap and break and don't hold worth crap. My vote is for the African Butterfly Clip...hands down and two thumbs up.

• happy-girlhappy-girl Posts: 208Registered Users
    I bought one at a festival last weekend and it's great! I don't have any pictures yet.

I have a TON of hair and this is the only thing that will actually hold it all up. Also, when I wear a ponytail, my hair is long enough that it still goes down my back but if I use one of these, it's all off of me so it's actually cooler for summer. Best money I've spent in a long time!
    Mid-back length 3a, red.
    Currently using: Joico, Redken, LA Looks Curl Look gel, BRHG.
    BekkaPoo wrote: »

Believe me, these things are sturdy. They come with a one year unconditional guarantee, but they are so well built, I think the only problem you might have is the elastic getting sprung. But I don't think it'd show anyway. It's not like the As Seen On TV ones, though I own those, too. They're cheap and break and don't hold worth crap. My vote is for the African Butterfly Clip...hands down and two thumbs up.

Yay, then I'm glad I got this one instead of the "As seen on TV" one. 8)

I'll put a picture up soon.. I just have to take one..

So cool that everyone is so happy with theirs.
    IMG_0051-vi.jpg

Ugh my hair is so thin you can see my scalp, and the lower elastic is loose. That better change with more hair growth.. :cwm21: dammit.

I still love my ABC though. :love3:
    I have not received a reply to the e-mail I sent them 2 days ago about the Chameleon (smaller one). :goofy:
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bekka, I love that on you!! So cute!!
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
    Bekka, what size is yours - standard or chameleon?
    Kitathena wrote: »
    Bekka, I love that on you!! So cute!!

Thank you! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have known about them, so thank you too. :headbang:

curls2grow wrote: »
    Bekka, what size is yours - standard or chameleon?

I got the regular sized one, not the little one. Maybe a chameleon would fit me, but I'm doing well with the full sized one. :)
  • mmassagemmassage Posts: 200Registered Users
    happy-girl wrote: »
    I bought one at a festival last weekend and it's great! I don't have any pictures yet.

I have a TON of hair and this is the only thing that will actually hold it all up. Also, when I wear a ponytail, my hair is long enough that it still goes down my back but if I use one of these, it's all off of me so it's actually cooler for summer. Best money I've spent in a long time!

Do you have the regular one, or the one for thick hair? I would love to place an order, but I want to be sure I get the right size. Just for a frame of reference, I have some Flexi-8 clips and the Large is the correct size to hold all of my hair. Do you know the butterfly clip comparable?
    Medium texture, low porosity, high density
    sulfate/'cone free since 5/09.
    Cleanse/Cowash: JCCC/Suave Ocean Breeze, GTTTT
    Condish: Giovanni 50:50
    Leave In: CJCALI, GDLI, CJCCCC
    Stylers: BRHG
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/mmassage/
    mmassage wrote: »

Do you have the regular one, or the one for thick hair? I would love to place an order, but I want to be sure I get the right size. Just for a frame of reference, I have some Flexi-8 clips and the Large is the correct size to hold all of my hair. Do you know the butterfly clip comparable?

Sorry to hedge in here, but I purchased mine when there was only one size and it fit my hair fine. When I twist my hair up (when I let it get long enough that it can) wet, a large flexi-8 will do it. Maybe that will help?

mmassage wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0v6YscPIec&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhD38b7a5fQ

http://www.africanbutterflyclips.com/storename/aficanbutterflyclips/ViewDept-246112.aspx

Here are some vids and a link to the website showing how to style your hair. They show styles on long haired ladies, so maybe you can compare your hair to theirs and see if you think it would work. Honestly I think these clips hold a lot (or a little as in my case..lol) of hair comfortably.

Or check out www.newlynatural.com and see how Kitathena did her hair in twists with the clip. It looks great. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file