Alright Ladies and germs, I'm considering Texturizing...

PeacexPassionPeacexPassion Posts: 65Registered Users
I think I'm ready for a change, but i don't want to go bone straight.
I think i'll go to my salon as apposed to doing it at home,
Anything i should mention to my stylist? Do any of you guys have a texturizer and how do you like it?

Feedback gets you cyber hugs
:]
APL Stetched
Random 3c/4a/4b mix
BSL while curly. I'm going to get there. :afro:

"Maybe some women weren't meant to be tamed, maybe they're suppose to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with." -
Carrie Bradshaw

Comments

• RianacocoRianacoco Posts: 16Registered Users
    Yeah, I'm also considering the same thing and would like more info "bump"
  • MslizziaMslizzia Posts: 600Registered Users
    ok so i am not an expert on natural hair but i can say this about texturizers because i had on for about 9 months.

I LOVED IT.

Yes i know it's chemical's but when you think about it, you are still working with your curl pattern. My hair grew like wild fire and very seldom did i put heat on it. I probably straightened my hair like twice when i had that texturizer.

But even straightening it wasn't half as hard as to opposed to when i was completely natural.

Here is how my hair looked

http://hairlista.ning.com/photo/albums/texturized-1

And here is what it looked like before i texturized. I had transition with braids from august to august and this is what it looked like after a year

http://hairlista.ning.com/photo/albums/all-natural

It all really depends on you as a person. I loved my texturized hair. That's why i am so torn on whether i want to stay completely natural or go back to the texturizer because it was really the best of both worlds.

Relaxers can kiss it because i am never going back to those :D.

Hope this helped!
  • RianacocoRianacoco Posts: 16Registered Users
    Mslizzia,

I couldn't see your pics, I think I need a password. Anyway, I finally decided to get a texturizer (or softener as Quidad calls it). My hair came out very nice because I asked the stylist to just loosen my curls slightly. The only problem I had were the Quidad products (hated it) and my front bang may have to be trim because my curls are slighlty looser. Otherwise, my hair 4a curls came out excellent. I will post pics later.
    Rianacoco wrote: »
    Mslizzia,

I couldn't see your pics, I think I need a password. Anyway, I finally decided to get a texturizer (or softener as Quidad calls it). My hair came out very nice because I asked the stylist to just loosen my curls slightly. The only problem I had were the Quidad products (hated it) and my front bang may have to be trim because my curls are slighlty looser. Otherwise, my hair 4a curls came out excellent. I will post pics later.
    ok so i started a fotki

http://public.fotki.com/mslizzia/

u can see them there
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Posts: 258Registered Users
    Texturizing means a relaxer left on for a much shorter time than indicated for straightening, correct?

That's what I aimed for when I relaxed last month -- looser curl and softer texture. I got it, although as I explained in the other post I left it in a little too long and did get some damage and it didn't look too good for about a month. Now I'm THRILLED with it. I just used a no-lye relaxer and left it in less than 10 minutes.
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
    Texturizing means a relaxer left on for a much shorter time than indicated for straightening, correct?

That's what I aimed for when I relaxed last month -- looser curl and softer texture. I got it, although as I explained in the other post I left it in a little too long and did get some damage and it didn't look too good for about a month. Now I'm THRILLED with it. I just used a no-lye relaxer and left it in less than 10 minutes.

You can also do it that way. I would rather use a texturizer though because its not as easy to mess your hair up (unless you pull it) as it would be if you were to use a relaxer instead.

When my hair was texturized, i used the just for me texturizer.
  • pinkandcurlypinkandcurly Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have had texturized hair for about a year and a half now. I used a relaxer for most of my adult life. I work out a lot and found myself putting my hair in a ponytail every day, which became pretty boring. I finally decided to b/c at about 2 inches of new growth. I found that I have a natural curl, but it shrinks very badly in humidity. I wore it natural for about 2 months after that and then decided to texturize. I use Soft & Beautiful Botanicals and I love it! It's the best hair decision I ever made. I love having manageable wash and go hair that doesn't break. My curls came out great. I've never gotten so many compliments on my hair!
  • tnsweetstnsweets Posts: 6Registered Users
    I like wearing my hair curly but it always ended up frizzy no matter what i put in it and I live in a very humid place. Stylist texturized my hair over 2 months ago and my curls were great. I just went back and she flat ironed it and it is so healthy and I can't believe how long it is. I haven't done anything to it except a couple of times wrapped it and it is still straight. I put a little "shine" on it brush it and go. Have not flat ironed it or anything. When this wears out I will let her do it again. Gives me great versatility.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file