Kinky-Curly in stock!

Shelly FontanaShelly Fontana Registered Users Posts: 253
Shelly Fontana

Comments

• elissadelissad Registered Users Posts: 268
    I'm glad to see it back in stock, but there is a bit of a price hike.

Did Kinky-Curly they raise their prices in general?
    mostly 3a/some 3b/2c at the nape
    med-coarse and porous
    Current routine:
    Cleansing: Co-wash with V05, JCCC
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Leave-in: KCKT
    Stylers: HESMU, Joiwhip
    Protein Treatment: Ion effective care treatment

• madhuri_dixit_fanmadhuri_dixit_fan Registered Users Posts: 310
    elissad wrote: »
    I'm glad to see it back in stock, but there is a bit of a price hike.

Did Kinky-Curly they raise their prices in general?

Just checked the Kinky Curly site and it's sold on there for $29.99 now. Glad I stocked up at my local Whole Foods because they had them for old price of $25.
    RIP Natasha Richardson

Holy Grails: Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner, AVG, EVO Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, KC Spiral Spritz, Brahmi Oil, Tea Tree eo, Rosemary eo, Distilled H2O, Aloe Vera Juice, Neem Oil, ACV, Dr. Bonner's Skikakai Castile Soap, Avocado Oil

Sometimes: AOMM Jelly, KCNT, KCCC
  • GAgalGAgal Registered Users Posts: 79
    Well I just saw it at a Whole Foods last week and it was $29.99 - was wondering if it is worth the price? How long does it last?
  • madhuri_dixit_fanmadhuri_dixit_fan Registered Users Posts: 310
    GAgal wrote: »
    Well I just saw it at a Whole Foods last week and it was $29.99 - was wondering if it is worth the price? How long does it last?

I don't know about others, but we have 5 heads in my home who use it (all but the straight haired guy). Two at SL, two approaching WL and one at Tailbone length. We are rather thinned strand haired folks, medium volume. I use about 1 & 1/2 tablespoons for each head each time applied--which is once a week. I have used much less and still got the same results, but our humiity here has been ugly so used more last few weeks. I spend the rest of the week refreshing the style with Aloe Vera Gel/Water + essential oils or Just Water. Then I use a tiny bit of another cheap gel if I need to combat frizz or even an additional half a dime sized bit of the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]Kinky Curly Curling Custard[/buylink]. It lasts a long time for us this way. Been a month and I haven't even gotten near half a jar gone yet. I imagine if it was used only for the Tailbone length kid in our house it would last a very long time as she doesn't need much frizz control (just hair front hairline) or curl elongation, just curl definition.

Worth the price (that is, if your hair likes it to begin with) if you don't need super palm-full globs of gel everyday, have other cheaper gels you like for extra hold if you needs tons of hold, and don't have super thick Classic Length hair that needs tons of gel, lol.

I guess I'm considered a low amount user of Kinky Curly Custard. I've seen YouTube videos were globs are applied to hair much shorter than my daughters. If I used super palm full globs like that for each side/sections of the head each time I applied it to our hair it would not last long for us, lol.
    RIP Natasha Richardson

Holy Grails: Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner, AVG, EVO Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, KC Spiral Spritz, Brahmi Oil, Tea Tree eo, Rosemary eo, Distilled H2O, Aloe Vera Juice, Neem Oil, ACV, Dr. Bonner's Skikakai Castile Soap, Avocado Oil

Sometimes: AOMM Jelly, KCNT, KCCC
  • ellageorginaellageorgina Registered Users Posts: 1,511
    3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji