I need advice badly

SuperCurly353SuperCurly353 Posts: 31Registered Users
so im goin into 8th grade and want to go into it with curly hair my problem is my curly hair is always puffy frizzy uneven etc. and im always having to pin it back i just want my curls siny hidrated and free plz help me im new to all of this:salut:
I have 3b course hair in dire need of help

Follow me on twitter: Erin353

Comments

• nutterbutterflynutterbutterfly Posts: 137Registered Users
    few things...
    1) stop straightening. like NO straightening all summer. avoid hairdryers too, unless seriously necessary.
    2) get a haircut. try getting it cut dry (just ask your stylist. they even do this at cheap-o places)
    3) CONDITIONERRRRR!!! can't say it enough. I really like the whole Sunsilk de-Frizz line for beginner-curlies. It superly helped me when I started out. Use the shampoo every other day, unless you have really greasy hair.
    4) If you want gel, try Garnier Fructis curl-shaping spray gel. Spray it into your hand, rub your hands together and scrunch your hair with them.

That's my base advice... but what kind of curls do you have? there's a guide here... http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types
    I am a 3a/b with normal-coarse hair that is medium-thick and fairly porous.

Currently using:
    ~VitaminShampoo (CG :mrgreen: )
    ~L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss for medium to long hair that's curly/wavy
    ......wow that is a mouthful.
    ~Garnier Fructis curl-shaping spray gel
    *or*
    ~Pantene curl defining mousse
  • HateRelationshipHateRelationship Posts: 100Registered Users
    You should also check out the "Going Shampooless" section of the forum. I am just about to start it, and I've heard good things about it.
    I'm growing my hair from chin length to mid-thigh length!
  • AlexandraAlexandra Posts: 25Registered Users
    i agree with everything nutterbutterfly said, i was new once i wasnt one of those luckies that had beautiful no frizz curls. my meathod is use a deep conditioner once a week i looove garnier deep conditioner you can find it in target it comes in a jar. it keeps hair strong and healthy and soft :) you notice a difference the first time, a lot of people say you shoudnt shampoo a lot and it works but i need to ewash my hair because of sports i use head and shoulders BEST SHAMPOO EVER! im never using anything else again, and yeah its for dandruff but you dont need dandfruff to use it. but if frizz is your problem only shampoo when you really need to. after the shower spray a leave in conditioner, i like aussi hair insurance it works beautifully, then a gel i like john frieda spray gel, it smells good. then scrunch, mess t up a bit do what you do to make it voluptuous and let it dry. if you find you have triangle hair use the clipping method http://curllove.blogspot.com/2008/03/styling-videos.html
    air dry then use pomade and hairsprayand i you want you can use a shine serum (garnier is my fav it comes in a cute little bottle) and use a tiny bit rub through your hands and put it on. hope that helps, i know where your at ive gone through lots of products testing them and these work pretty well. good luck any more questions feel free to ask ;)
    ~*~
    growing out this summer!
    type 2b 2c

visit my art page :)
    http://happywatrmelon.deviantart.com/

event.png
  • SuperCurly353SuperCurly353 Posts: 31Registered Users
    Alexandra wrote: »
    i agree with everything nutterbutterfly said, i was new once i wasnt one of those luckies that had beautiful no frizz curls. my meathod is use a deep conditioner once a week i looove garnier deep conditioner you can find it in target it comes in a jar. it keeps hair strong and healthy and soft :) you notice a difference the first time, a lot of people say you shoudnt shampoo a lot and it works but i need to ewash my hair because of sports i use head and shoulders BEST SHAMPOO EVER! im never using anything else again, and yeah its for dandruff but you dont need dandfruff to use it. but if frizz is your problem only shampoo when you really need to. after the shower spray a leave in conditioner, i like aussi hair insurance it works beautifully, then a gel i like john frieda spray gel, it smells good. then scrunch, mess t up a bit do what you do to make it voluptuous and let it dry. if you find you have triangle hair use the clipping method http://curllove.blogspot.com/2008/03/styling-videos.html
    air dry then use pomade and hairsprayand i you want you can use a shine serum (garnier is my fav it comes in a cute little bottle) and use a tiny bit rub through your hands and put it on. hope that helps, i know where your at ive gone through lots of products testing them and these work pretty well. good luck any more questions feel free to ask ;)
    i use the garnier frutis shine serum, gel, and deep conditioner but aren't the cones bad for ur hair
    I have 3b course hair in dire need of help

Follow me on twitter: Erin353
  • sarahb1396sarahb1396 Posts: 169Registered Users
    I have a still developing blog (only two posts :laughing6:) and i have a bunch of links for newbies if you want to look at it. the link is in my sig.
    ~3a, normal porosity, normal texture, med density:toothy9:~
    ~My hair loves aloe vera gel and honey!:love1:~

~Right now my fav products are KKKC and vo5
    ~Hair twins with curlcutie!!:blob3:~

~My Fotki! pw curlyswirly:read2:
  • happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
    step one: Get a GOOD hair cut.
    step two: Get a Hydrating Conditioner
    step three: use a good styling product like gel or mousse to define your curls. I like GVP sculpting Foam, which is at Sally's.
    step four: get a good leave in conditioner. I like Garnier Fructis sleek and shine because I am cheap and it is at my local walmart...

Good luck!
    I remember in eighth grade I had really poofy, frizzy hair that I always tied up in a tight bun or attempted to straighten.
    I am so glad that I have finally embraced my hair and have learned to better care for it.
    I hope this helped.
    Hair Type: 3b /3a?.... medium texture, normal porosity:afro:

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

:blob:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file