Can seasonal allergies make skin worse?

BefrizzledBefrizzled Registered Users Posts: 3,854
My skin has been an utter wreck for a few months. About two week ago, my stress level plummeted, and it cleared up immediately, so I thought the breakouts were stress-related. But now it's kind of messy again, but I've realized, so are my sinus and allergy issues. And they were really bad the past few months. But I had a reprieve in there, and my skin was clear during it. Can my seasonal allergies be screwing with my skin, too? It's not as bad as it was when my stress level was through the roof, but it's not so hot, either.

Ugh. So frustrated.
Under construction.

Comments

• badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
    I don't know for sure, but I am having the same experience, too. My skin's not usually acne-prone, but for the past few weeks I've been breaking out quite a bit. The only thing I can think of that's changed is that my allergies have gotten a lot worse lately.
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Registered Users Posts: 3,854
    It's really difficult for me because my skin is usually clear, and this just makes me feel like crap. I use Retin-A micro, and it just doesn't seem to be cutting it. I woke up Friday with a couple bumps, and this morning I feel like my face is covered. I started taking my allergy meds again this morning. I had been off them because of allergy testing, and I'll have to go off them in a little more than a week for more testing, but I just don't know what else it could be...
    Under construction.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file