CurlTalk

Has anyone made a hairgel recipe using pectin?

mevluvmarkmevluvmark Posts: 18Registered Users
I was wondering, has anyone made a hairgel recipe using pectin........i notice in [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] that they use pectin......seem like alot of people likes this gel.....i haven't gotten a chance to sample it yet. I know that they use marshmallow, agave, nettle etc. I'm jumping at the bits to try a new recipe.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    Many have tried to duplicate, few have come close. I did buy no sugar pectin--didn't care for the results. It gets expensive to buy all of these things--and fail over and over, LOL!
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FairywavesFairywaves Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hello,
    I was looking through forums for a gel that calls for marshmallow and I can accross your thread and I wanted to let you know that you can out fruit pectin in your hair jelly, I use half a 3oz bag of Certo Fruit Pectin with 2 cups of Water and 1/4 cup of Flax seeds, plus oils and EO. It works very well ;). Now I want to experiment with marshmallow root, still looking for the prefect blend.
  • kathrinrichkathrinrich Posts: 10Registered Users
    Interesting. I wonder what in the recipe I used caused the pectin to gel, then, since it set up pretty nicely.