can shea butter be used as a face moisturizer?

curls 2nvcurls 2nv Registered Users Posts: 318
i have dry/ oily skin with lots of black spots from acne scars. my skin is also very acne prone and is never clear. i noticed that when i can get my face hydrated, even though it still gets oily, the pimples are slighty less and my scars fade faster... but the problem is keeping my face hydrated enough so that it doesnt overproduce oil.

i wanted to try using shea butter as a moisturizer because it leaves my skin hydrated, but im scared that it may be too heavy or clog my pores and give me more acne.

So has anyone tried using shea butter on their face and can give me feedback on it???
CG Curly
Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl

Comments

• ninadefninadef Registered Users Posts: 243
    I only use unrefined sheabutter on my face and I love it. It goes on a tad greasy but it sinks in in about 10 minutes. I don't however have pimples.
    I never were foundation or such either.
    I'm 43 (AND a smoker) and my skin looks like it's 29 8).

A friend who does have skin issues loves it too, though. It doesn't clog or feel oily and gives a certain natural glow.
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Registered Users Posts: 318
    hey thanks. i was beginning to think that no one cared *tears*... jp i just thought no one knew the answer. it least i know that my face wont stay greasy from it, and that if it works i can look forward to young looking awesome skin:thumbright:
    CG Curly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KindredsTwin1983KindredsTwin1983 Registered Users Posts: 347
    Love shea butter, I use it on my face AND my feet. I have rough, calloused dragons feet. One week of shea butter made them more baby soft than ever!

Melt it in your palm and then apply. I apply at night so it soaks in overnight. Sometimes for extra moisture I will apply a tad bit of coconut oil as well.
    Hair Type - 3c, with a touch of 4a and a touch of 3b

Favorite Detangler - Any conditioner with high amount of behentrimonium mehtosulfate

Favorite Leave-in Conditioners - Suave Coconut, Giovanni Smooth and Silk and Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Pantene Relaxed and Natural

Favorite Hair Moisturizers - Silk Elements Hairdress
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    Any updates on how this is working for you, curls 4u2nv?
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Registered Users Posts: 318
    yea i do have an update... it was ok, nothing special. it did help with the dark marks on my face, and i love it for that. but my face started to break out with it after the first week. i may try it again in the winter when its colder and my face is less greasy, but i think that my face produces too much oil in the summer for it
    CG Curly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file