Finally found something to work for my face. Woo hoo!!!

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have been having such a hard time with my skin lately. I have redness, breakouts and dryness (it's either rosacea or eczema). I have been trying to find a routine that will help all those things but not feel like I layered a ton of crap on my face. That has been difficult. After many trials and errors including some prescriptions, I have finally found something that works. Good Skin All Calm Moisture Cream followed by Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer (both were recommended by some rosacea sufferers). I have been doing this for the last several days and it is keeping my skin calm, doesn't break me out, tones down the redness and is holding up even in the ridiculous heat we have been having. I am so thrilled. It is the closest I can get to wearing almost nothing at all but still look pulled together and not blotchy. The trick for me is that I can't wait for the moisturizer to dry. The concealer has to go on right away or it emphasizes my dry spots. So I put the moisturizer on, quickly rub the concealer between my fingers (it's a thick concealer) and rub across my face. Then I take a teeny bit of powder on my nose for shine and that's it. I am toned down and even. You can still see a teeny bit of redness in my cheeks sometimes (no concealer totally eliminates it) but with my nose and chin toned down, it just looks like blush. I am so happy with this I had to share.
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Interesting. I had tried the good skin all calm creamy cleanser with not so steller results about a year ago. What are you using as a wash? Your skin sounds like mine!!

I have been using Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with sunflower,green tea, tea tree oil recently with OK results. At least I am not breaking out anymore but the redness and the prior spots are still there but a bit less noticeable
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Originally I bought the starter/trial pack that had the cleanser, toner, moisturizer and some kind of eye brightening cream. Really didn't care for any of it other than the moisturizer so I just stick to my usual face wash, Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Face Wash. I have been using that for a long time. It's the only thing that doesn't seem to irritate my skin.

I also use Metrogel off and on for the bumps/redness. Originally my doc was thinking acne rosacea. Recently she was thinking maybe eczema since I flake so bad so we stopped Metrogel and tried a steroid cream but it did nothing. Honestly I think alot of the flaking was coming from the Metrogel. I started back on it because it really improves the bumps and does tone the redness some but I just don't use it everyday and that seems to be working better. I still flake but it's not as much.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Although I'm using the oil cleansing method and my roseacea and seb. dermatitis like it, I don't do it everyday. I keep meaning to get the stuff to try Jess the Mess' method, but I can't find it all.

Anyway, on the nights I don't OCM, I'd been using Purpose for normal/dry skin (although mine's actually very oily - the regular Purpose leaves it feeling stripped). I ran out and kept forgetting to get any and decided to try some Boot's Deep Cleansing Moisturizing Foam that I've had a good while and never tried - read some very good recommendations on makeupalley.com.

I've used it several nights now, and I think I really like it. Had been having some hormonal breakouts, and this has cleared it right up - these were painful cystic bumps and the usual dab of tea tree oil or honey just wasn't helping (also ordered some of the acne toner from MUAC but haven't received it yet).

It cleanses every trace of makeup (I use an oil-free eye makeup remover for my waterproof mascara already), leaving nothing to come off on the cotton ball if I use my alcohol-free toner afterwards. Yet my skin feels lightly moist and not stripped.

If anyone's interested, I got it at Target.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's been over a week and this routine is still working for me. No breakouts, keeps the redness at bay and the dryness seems to be improving. It even held up to a night out dancing. Awesome! I am very happy to find something that actually works. Now if I can just get my eye to calm down (that is definite eczema there), we would be all good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file