Frustrated!!!

KikapooKikapoo Posts: 1,087Registered Users
I am SO tired of acne! Isn't 10+ years enough?!!? Come ON!!!

I started using OCM earlier this year, and my skin improved dramatically, but never got to the point of being called "clear."

Then suddenly it turned on me. I won't blame the OCM, because the timing corresponded with a couple of other potentially contributing factors (started new job, less exercise, less sun, etc.). One thing that corresponded (time-wise) was that I started using DevaCurl products. I also decided to experiment with not rinsing out my conditioner completely when I washed my hair. THAT gave me pimples on my back (that's new to me!), and at the same time I started breaking out all along the jawline, so I promptly stopped that...

...but it just won't go away! It's been like 3 weeks since the jawline/back thing, and over 2 months since the OCM stopped working, and I can't find anything that works! I've tried buying fresh new oils, using soaps, using toners, tea tree oil, different makeup...blah blah blah.

It never ends! When am I going to grow out of this? I feel ugly :-(.

Ok, sorry, just had to let that out :-). I feel like there might be some people around here who can sympathize.

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I sill have lots of zits too. I'm 36.

I get it from my dad who still had acne into his 60s or beyond. Sorry...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah, I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I'm in my early 50's and I'm practically never clear.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Accutane. I took it at age 32, after 20+ years of suffering with what was called "moderate" acne. I wish I had done it sooner. Now, at 47, I'm clear most of the time. I occasionally get some minor breakouts if I'm not careful with my skincare, but haven't gotten a deep undergrounder in 15 years. It's wonderful to have a pain-free clear face.

OCM was a nightmare for me. I tried it a few years ago, and it was nice for the first few weeks, but then I had clogged pores from hell that took months and months to clear up. I knew better than to allow oils near my face, but I got caught up in all the raves. I know better now...
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    Erin K wrote: »
    I am SO tired of acne! Isn't 10+ years enough?!!? Come ON!!!

I started using OCM earlier this year, and my skin improved dramatically, but never got to the point of being called "clear."

Then suddenly it turned on me. I won't blame the OCM, because the timing corresponded with a couple of other potentially contributing factors (started new job, less exercise, less sun, etc.). One thing that corresponded (time-wise) was that I started using DevaCurl products. I also decided to experiment with not rinsing out my conditioner completely when I washed my hair. THAT gave me pimples on my back (that's new to me!), and at the same time I started breaking out all along the jawline, so I promptly stopped that...

...but it just won't go away! It's been like 3 weeks since the jawline/back thing, and over 2 months since the OCM stopped working, and I can't find anything that works! I've tried buying fresh new oils, using soaps, using toners, tea tree oil, different makeup...blah blah blah.

It never ends! When am I going to grow out of this? I feel ugly :-(.

Ok, sorry, just had to let that out :-). I feel like there might be some people around here who can sympathize.

Try the Proactiv acne system. I had horrible acne all over my face, but when I used Proactiv it was all gone in like 3 weeks. You can order it online or over the phone. Usually they'll send you brochure that comes with it. If that doesn't work for you, try the Clean&Clear acne system. They both worked really well for me.
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Accutane worked really well for me when I was 19/20. I didn't have cystic acne or much in the way of breakouts again till I got pregnant when I was 33. Then all bets were off. After I had my daughter, Proactive cleared my skin up. Other things that have been helpful are eliminating sugar and refined carbs (makes a huge difference but kind of hard to live that way) and Murad skin care. The Murad is not as dramatic as Proactive - you won't see a huge difference in the first few days like you do with Proactive but it also doesn't dry your skin terribly. I've had no drying, flakey issues with Murad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file