3 months CG and Pics!

Curlygirl75Curlygirl75 Registered Users Posts: 65
Sorry i havent been around alot lately, I have been going thru alot and my life has been a rollercoaster! But i am back now and wanted to show off my progress of being CG for 3 months and my new growth. To be honest with all the stuff going on i did not relize the difference untill i took some new pics and went back and looked at my before cg pics! Any input is apprecitated Thanks for looking!

About a year ago with chemical relaxer, look at all that damaged hair yuck!
044-1.jpg

March of this year when starting CG, Still terribly damaged!
001-1.jpg
003.jpg

Tonight, 06/19/09 I cant believe my hair looks this good after just 3 months of a little TLC! CG Forever!

001.jpg
015.jpg

Still growing it out,Now that all relaxer is gone i never plan on putting anything to alter my natural curls on my hair ever again!
CG since 03/21/09
Last relaxer 11/08
Co-wash: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying Cream Conditioner
Leave in: Sunsilk Captivating Curls Frizz Cream
Styling products: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Cream, Herbal Essence Set Me UP Gel,Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel
Air drying
http://public.fotki.com/Curlygirl75/
Pictures below are 1/09, 4/09, 1/10
comic-p.jpg

Comments

• CurlyHazeCurlyHaze Registered Users Posts: 295
    Looks fantastic, really healthy. Is that your natural color. it looks great.
    Very Thick dry 3b BSL.
    Fine, medium porosity
    Right now I am using GVP conditioning balm for cowash and RO,
    my hair loves protein.
    for styling my base is BRHG I can use it alone but prefer with Curl Keeper. I sulphate poo once a month or so as needed.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyHaze/
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    Wow! What a difference! It's gorgeous!! :D
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Registered Users Posts: 2,607 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is beautiful and I can def. see the difference! Curly hair suits you so much better than straight hair :geek:.
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    Wow, that looks amazing, what a difference.
    3b in South Australia.
  • Curlygirl75Curlygirl75 Registered Users Posts: 65
    Thanks everyone, I am so happy with the results. A little TLC goes a long way with Natural Curly hair! Yes that is my natural color!When i was using relaxers it was so damaged that my hair looked red, i hated it. I am so happy and proud to be all Natural now and for once in my life i feel like i can somewhat control my frizz issues enough to satisfy me lol. Thank you all for the compliaments!
    CG since 03/21/09
    Last relaxer 11/08
    Styling products: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Cream, Herbal Essence Set Me UP Gel,Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel
    Air drying
    comic-p.jpg
  • AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Registered Users Posts: 529
    Thanks everyone, I am so happy with the results. A little TLC goes a long way with Natural Curly hair! Yes that is my natural color!When i was using relaxers it was so damaged that my hair looked red, i hated it. I am so happy and proud to be all Natural now and for once in my life i feel like i can somewhat control my frizz issues enough to satisfy me lol. Thank you all for the compliaments!
    Girl you're hair looks amazing! I've been CG for about 1wk and 4 days. Still experimenting and I can't wait to get my air back to it's fullest extent! I used to rely on twist outs and braids to protect my hair but now I got sick of them and I want to wear my hair natural. CG has made such a huge impact on your hair, it's beautiful!!
    xoxo
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
    Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
    ~~~

• Curlygirl75Curlygirl75 Registered Users Posts: 65
    Thank you all very much, I am learning to love my curls and be thankful that i have them lol. Patience is a BIG word for me, I am trying to be very patient and grow my hair long and natural again. Being CG is defintily helping my patience go alot smoother!!!
    CG since 03/21/09
    Last relaxer 11/08
    Air drying
    comic-p.jpg
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Registered Users Posts: 910

Your hair looks great! That is weird. When I was having mine straightened it had a red tint also. It was sooo sooo damaged. Congratulations on the transition.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file