I'm just not getting it...would someone help?!

MissDut0829MissDut0829 Registered Users Posts: 8
I tried to start the CG routine a month or so ago. I went to Ulta and purchased the No Poo Shampoo, One Conditioner and ArcAngel. I tried using it for a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure that I'm doing it right. Well, that and the fact that I have well water. So, can someone please explain to me exactly how I should be doing this? I did get some Suave Clarifying shampoo and used it before I started CG. I actually washed with the Suave and then followed with the One Conditioner and then used the Deva styling products. The next day, I then used the No Poo and the One Conditioner, and that's how my daily routine went until my hair just went flat and matted and looked terrible. Am I doing something wrong in my daily routine? I knew that I would have to clarify again, especially using well water, but I didn't think it would be after just a few days. Can anyone help??!

Comments

• Kelly512Kelly512 Registered Users Posts: 23
    It may just be that your hair does not like all Deva, all the time.

When I first went CG, I used all Deva stuff and my hair did not respond well at all. I had to start modifying my products to see what works for me and I still do not have it down to an art yet, LOL.

At this time I only use the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]DevaCurl No Poo[/buylink] about twice per week; the rest of the time I either water wash or use Suave Clarifying conditioner.
    2B on top/3A on bottom w/ a little 3B mixed in.... Medium w/ med porosity

Cleanse: V05 or Suave Clarifying Condish

Moisturize: AOHR, GVP Balm, TooShea, Kenra

Stylers: CJ CCCC & Smoothing Gellie, BRHG

Other: ACV rinse when needed, Jessicurl WDT weekly

Just discovered Curl Junkie products! :love1:
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    I don't care for the Deva products either. The smell makes my eyes and nose run! You may have to experiment with other brands. It takes a while before you find what works for your hair.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    I have no experience whatsoever with Deva products but from what I've read there's a love 'em or hate 'em attitude.

If you want specific CG instructions, lauralee did a great write up on her blog about beginning CG that you may find helpful.

Laura Lee's Blog
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I'm not a Deva fan either. The nopoo is just an expensive cowash. My hair likes the more natural products, especially natural soap bars to cleanse.

The best way to determine products you may want to try is to find people who have hair like yours and "stalk" them on the threads. Look what products they like (most in signature) and techniques they might discuss.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file