Qs about homemade products

AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
Ok I've posted this before at the wrong section but I'll ask again.

Can I make a deep conditioner by using a little bit of honey with a big blob of conditioner?

Also, can I make a spray gel by adding hair gel to water? Are spray gels any good?
Thanx
xxxxoooo
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~

Comments

• AlannahAngelAlannahAngel Posts: 529Registered Users
    I tried the honey deep conditioner on saturday and it was divine! My curls are like so defined and revitalised, it worked so good! All I did was:
    - I put a blob of honey about two inches in width and then covered it with my HEHH condish until it filled my cupped palm. Then I just distributed the conditioner to the roots to the ends to give it lots of moisture. This worked out soooooo well for me and I would recommend it to anyone, it's not sticky TRUST ME it's just smooth and thick consistency.

Still asking about the spray gel thing, are the spray gels good?
    xoxo
    ~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
    ~~~
    Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
    Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
    ~~~

• GAgalGAgal Posts: 79Registered Users
    Angel - sorry I did not notice this post before. As you found out yes you can make a DT by adding honey to regular conditioner. One of the other members here suggested a mix of 1 part AVG, 1 part honey to 4 parts conditioner. I tried it and FELL IN LOVE.

It is the best...I have never had softer hair in my life. I love the feeling it gives my hair I do it once a week. I whip it together with a fork in a bowl and then wear a shower cap over it for about 20 minutes or so.

So far have done it with GVP and Hydrating Conditioner from Costco (Kirkland) By far better with the GVP.

Best wishes!
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    Yes you can dilute hair gel with water to make a spray. Just make sure you dilute it enough to prevent clogging your sprayer.

I think a spray gel may work well as a refresher and may work really well for finer/thinner haired curlies. I would also think that it would be great for quick repairs.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
    mp, you have fabulous hair! What is homemade FSG?
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    Thank you! Here is a link to one of the original threads. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=61208

I try to keep it simple. I use 1/4 cup flaxseeds and 2 cups water. I add EO for scent and preservative, Grapefruit seed extract for preservative and 1 tsp agave nectar or honey and 1 tsp of xanthum gum to make the texture manageable.

If you do a search for FSG you will find numerous threads. Happy cooking!:blob6:
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

Leave a Comment