Any sulfate-free poos that will make my hair curly?

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
Hi, I'm looking for a sls free poo that will make my hair curly, as well as add moisture. Any recommendations?

Also, is CurlFriends [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CurlFriends-Replenish-Leave-In-Conditioner-p-128.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curl-friends-replenish-leavein-conditioner]replenish leave-in conditioner[/buylink] effective on 2C hair? My hair is thick, dry, and frizzy, and I would like to make it moist and curly, and perhaps weigh it down a little.

Comments

• MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    Don't rely on shampoo for your style, you'll go nowhere fast. Shampooing is more about giving hair a fresh start for styling. If you want to weigh your hair down, focus on a good, creamy conditioner and leave a bit in (that means you don't need to spend the extra $$$ on a leave in conditioner). As far as shampoo goes, many at health food stores have no sulfates. I shampoo once or twice a week. On the in between days, just use conditioner or don't get your hair wet at all if it still looks good

After you condition, a styling cream will further weigh your hair. You may want to plop to encourage curl, but using a blowdryer or diffuser will make your hair bigger.

Good luck, you should register and get Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey
    2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
    Graham Webb Making Waves gel
    jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file