A blonde needs help!

reegsreegs Posts: 50Registered Users
Hi there everyone!

It's been a while since I last visited the site, but I have been recommending it to all my curly /wavy friends and even my hairdresser!

I'm a modified CG (I found sticking to the CG routine to restricting), 2 days ago I had my hair coloured and now it feels very dry and the curl isn't forming.

In the last 3 years I've gone from being light blonde - dark blonde - caramel blonde - dark brown - back to blonde - deep red - amber red - strawberry blonde and now light blonde again. This time round after finding a modified CG routine that worked for my curls, i'm back to a frizzy mess.

Any suggestions what I can do to help my curls get back into shape?

My regular routine involves a gentle shampoo and condition twice a week, never running a comb through unless absolutely necessary and using silicone free styling products. When drying my hair I NEVER go near a hairdryer, just scrunch my hair with a towl to take the excess water out, add product and let it go naturally.

You help/advice will be greatly appreciated :boxing:
3B, Fine texture, normal or low porosity (I'm not sure)

Co-Wash - Say Yes to Cucumbers
Conditioner - Tresemme Naturals
DT - Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturising Conditioner
Products - Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion, Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Solution

Others I've used in the past:
Conditioner - DeLorenzo Rejuven8 Condtioner
Products - Sunsilk Curl Booster, Joico Joilotion, Garnier Fructis Styling Gel Endurance 24h

Comments

• shorticurlzshorticurlz Posts: 1,056Registered Users
    I also dye my hair a lot, I go from brown to blond to red to black then back to blond again :geek: and I find that my hair is always a little off after I've colored. I find that Terax works well to get it back to normal, but I'm sure there are other deep conditioning treatments that would work well. Also I try to avoid shampooing as much as possible until my hair is back to normal...maybe you could go CG for a while until your hair recovers?
    Fine, very porous 3a
    Boycotting all brands owned by L'oreal
  • reegsreegs Posts: 50Registered Users
    Thanks.

I did a Co-Wash this morning, I will see how my hair feels over the weekend.
    3B, Fine texture, normal or low porosity (I'm not sure)

Co-Wash - Say Yes to Cucumbers
    Conditioner - Tresemme Naturals
    DT - Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturising Conditioner
    Products - Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion, Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Solution

Others I've used in the past:
    Conditioner - DeLorenzo Rejuven8 Condtioner
    Products - Sunsilk Curl Booster, Joico Joilotion, Garnier Fructis Styling Gel Endurance 24h
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You may want to do a protein treatment. Especially if you have fine hair. I tried the homemade treatments, but have gone back to the Nexxus ones. Here's a thread I started about them yesterday:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=78402

You also may need more moisturizing products.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file