2 pretty good hair days in a row!! I am so happy!

frizzbombfrizzbomb Posts: 56Registered Users
Here's what I did:

Coated my hair with Trader Joe's Refresh, Shampooed with Avalon Organics Lavender shampoo, rinsed it all out and then put in a lot of Trader Joe's Nourish conditioner and let that sit for a few minutes, rinsed it all out upside down, scrunched in a little bit of Elucence as a leave in, scrunched in [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] (I'd always smoothed both of those in before) scrunched in a little bit of Angell and a little bit of Herbal Essences Set me up, plopped in a microfiber towel for 5 mins. (I have no patience). It looked good when it dried but it was soooo hot and humid that about an hour later all the curls were starting to melt and frizz out. I was so mad. I decided to wet it slightly and spray in Christope Hydrating Curl Spray. It looked even worse but then....a few hours later, I looked in a mirror and it looked even better than it had earlier in the day and I was outside a lot and it was HOT and really Humid usually a recipe for disaster for me.

Today I just used the Nourish on the ears down and did all the same steps except I added the Christophe after plopping. It looks different than yesterday but, still pretty good. Fat curls and waves, not too flat on top, far less frizz than normal. Yippee.

I'm a little horrified that I need 8 products to like my hair though!
Extremely fine 2b/3a. My frizz has tamed considerably but, I still have my "moments."
Currently liking:
TJs Nourish, Set Me Up, Curl Keeper and Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana deep fix.

password: wavy

Comments

• Sleepy OwlSleepy Owl Posts: 105Registered Users
    I like your hair, very pretty! I will be happy if my hair looks like that when it gets longer! :D
    Laura
    2bc f/ii highly porous hair
    CG since Aug '06 ~ (mostly ;) )
    Fotki updated 6-30-09
  • frizzbombfrizzbomb Posts: 56Registered Users
    Aw thanks. Sleepy Owl. I've narrowed it down quite a bit since that post which is a relief. Just the curlkeeper and the set me up gel plus the 2 TJ's conditioners. I still have some bad days but, the pretty good days happen more often now.
    Extremely fine 2b/3a. My frizz has tamed considerably but, I still have my "moments."
    Currently liking:
    TJs Nourish, Set Me Up, Curl Keeper and Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana deep fix.

• Sleepy OwlSleepy Owl Posts: 105Registered Users
    Laura
    2bc f/ii highly porous hair
    CG since Aug '06 ~ (mostly ;) )
    Fotki updated 6-30-09
  • frizzbombfrizzbomb Posts: 56Registered Users
    Do you like the SMU better than Angell, or is it the price factor?

I definitely like Set Me Up better. I just love the smell of Angell but, I think I need to swap it already.
    Currently liking:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file